Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Catherine I would Change my mind and have the Baby at home instead of the hospital and not tell the Media until after it was born. Yeah that might irritate them and make some mad but oh we'll!

Last edited:
If I was Catherine I would Change my mind and have the Baby at home instead of the hospital and not tell the Media until after it was born. Yeah that might irritate them and make some mad but oh we'll!
Or use another Hospital.

Hopefully during Catherine next pregnancy (if she had another child) the Media will act better and won't jump the gun and speculate so soon!

Probably they will (act better), because the second child won't be the heir.

There wasn't nearly as much excitement over Harry as there was for William.

Oh, yes. People are gone mad with this waiting. Why does everybody worry so much, the baby will be born eventually, day before, day after - is it so important?
Sometimes I feel almost sorry for this baby - it is not even born yet, it doesn't know anything about this world but its fate is already decided. No matter how talented it might be, he\she will never be able to become a famous scientist or a singer or an artist, or a prime-minister.

I don't feel sorry for this baby at all. He/she will go to the best schools, won't have to worry about paying for university, or finding a job. This child will have the kind of life I would only dream of providing for my own child, because the exposure to the best of everything is almost guaranteed. And, I'm sure this child won't miss being a scientist, or what have you, because as a royal, he/she can support whatever organizations he/she feels passionate about, and make a bigger difference than someone who is working for a living, and may at some point feel that the job is not as rewarding as it seemed in the beginning.

I don't feel sorry for this baby at all. He/she will go to the best schools, won't have to worry about paying for university, or finding a job. This child will have the kind of life I would only dream of providing for my own child, because the exposure to the best of everything is almost guaranteed. And, I'm sure this child won't miss being a scientist, or what have you, because as a royal, he/she can support whatever organizations he/she feels passionate about, and make a bigger difference than someone who is working for a living, and may at some point feel that the job is not as rewarding as it seemed in the beginning.

Everyone may not find doing charity work rewarding. That spending their lives cutting ribbons and attending galas, are enough. Being born royal likely makes it easier, but we see with junior royals who have been able to have real careers, that may not be the case. Imagine wanting to be a doctor, but instead having to cut ribbons on new hospitals and unveil plaques instead. Or wanting to be a scientist and find a cure for cancer, and instead having to go on parades. Yes, royals raise a lot of awareness and money. Not everyone is unfulfilled in their work. A lot of people enjoy working. You hear about people winning the lottery and going back to work the next day. Royals may get the best education, and have life handed to them, but they also have a great deal of responsibilities, duties and no privacy at all. Unlike celebrities, they don't choose this life either.

It's going to be a very exciting and special time for William & Catherine, their families and for the people.

I don't think the media attention is out of hand but it was always expected. I think we all knew the media would gather in front of the hospital. They will provide us all with the first pictures that we all want and are waiting to see. I think everything will be okay as long as the media behave themselves and respect the the royal couple and baby's privacy. Their job is to take the pictures at the hospital and allow the family to go home. That's it.

More like roastingly hot.

LOL, it's all relative. Here in Washington, and 84-degree day is considered "cool" for summer.

But, for Kate's sake, I hope she has air conditioning, wherever she is!

It's going to be a very exciting and special time for William & Catherine, their families and for the people.

I don't think the media attention is out of hand but it was always expected. I think we all knew the media would gather in front of the hospital. They will provide us all with the first pictures that we all want and are waiting to see. I think everything will be okay as long as the media behave themselves and respect the the royal couple and baby's privacy. Their job is to take the pictures at the hospital and allow the family to go home. That's it.

Really?

I think the media attention and the fan/royal watcher attention is just too much! I feel so sorry for them and their family -whether or not they expect it!

I have become disenchanted due to all of this attention... It's over the top and too much!!

Stefan said:
Or use another Hospital.

I would like to think that you are both venting your frustration at the over-the-top media blitz at the hospital - that's certainly understandable.

The primary responsibility of parents - royal or not - is to make the best decision(s) they can for the healthy and safe delivery of their infant. William and Catherine have already determined the doctors (Marcus Setchell, Alan Farthing, others) and the place (St. Mary's Hospital) that their infant will get the best start in it's life. Changing these decisions solely to irritate or frustrate the media is the wrong direction to take.

Remember that Marcus Setchell headed up the team of doctors that did Sophie Wessex's emergency C-section for the birth of Louise in November 2003. From that harrowing birth experience, Sophie again chose Marcus Setchell to deliver her 2nd child, James. (Source: Royal Baby: Meet the Doctor Who Will Deliver William and Kate's Child : People.com )

As Dman so aptly points out:
Dman said:
... I think we all knew the media would gather in front of the hospital. They will provide us all with the first pictures that we all want and are waiting to see. I think everything will be okay as long as the media behave themselves and respect the the royal couple and baby's privacy. Their job is to take the pictures at the hospital and allow the family to go home. That's it.

Last edited:
Iluvbertie
Majesty

The news here in Australia this morning had one of the royal reporters - Jobson??? - and he said that his source inside the palace told him that the birth isn't imminent and that it could be later than we think.

I also remember that Carole has said that it will be a Leo - which is still 10 days or so away from beginning

I could not agree more! I won't be at all surprised if the next 7 days pass by uneventfully.

I do think though, that w/c 24 July, is when things will start to happen.

I had thought 15 July, but I have thrown that date out the window now. I think we are talking Late July.

Iluvbertie
Majesty

The news here in Australia this morning had one of the royal reporters - Jobson??? - and he said that his source inside the palace told him that the birth isn't imminent and that it could be later than we think.

I also remember that Carole has said that it will be a Leo - which is still 10 days or so away from beginning.

I could not agree more! I won't be at all surprised if the next 7 days pass by uneventfully.

I had thought 15 July, but I have thrown that date out the window now. I think we are talking Late July.

You're right, it could be late July. My mom and I were having a conversation the other day which went something like this:

Mom: I hope William and Kate's baby isn't born on the 29th; that was Charles and Diana's wedding day."

Me: Mom, are you forgetting something?

Mom: Oh right, that's your birthday.

Me: I'm going to be 23 this year.

Last edited:
I do think some people don't like all this media attention surrounding this baby's birth and-yes-it's understandable. I'm sure the royal couple wish they didn't have to deal with all this attention at this special and personal time but I think they understand the interest and are willing to share their happiness with the country and the world. I appreciate their kindness.

The British royals deal with a great deal of media interest than the other European royals but they too have gone through this interest. There were media camping out for the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish royal births and the same thing is happening for the British.

Iluvbertie
Majesty

I also remember that Carole has said that it will be a Leo - which is still 10 days or so away from beginning.

Well if she isn't expected to deliver for another week or so then why is William taking his 2 week paternity leave right now? Isn't the purpose of having that time off to spend time with his new born baby and to help Catherine?

It makes more sense to me that the baby's due date was this weekend which is why he took the time off now. If she doesn't deliver by a certain date then it also makes sense that they will induce labor so that he has as much time as possible with Catherine and the baby before he has to go back to work.

Last edited:
^^^
Well we do not actually know that William has taken his paternity leave. He could just be on a few regular days off between shifts or he could be using some regular vacation time. We have never been told when this baby is due.

I think he's not on leave, he is off duty. Can't remember exact detail, but 4 days on, 4 days off rings a bell. He won't be taking leave now as it is limited.

We will find out if the helicopter reappears on his lawn in Anglesey.

He cant take paternity leave until the child is born.

We will find out if the helicopter reappears on his lawn in Anglesey.

If I was in his shoes, I would be inclined to randomly fly to London in the helicopter just for the reactions...

If I was in his shoes, I would be inclined to randomly fly to London in the helicopter just for the reactions...

I meant the little red/orange heli owned by his friend.

But I agree, it would be hard to stay up in the wilds and away from mom-to-be.

No Baby C?!! I stayed off the boards all day, crossing my fingers that he/she will arrive if I stop checking every hour lol

:lol: Surely you jest! If he starts another round of several days of 24 hour shifts - he'll be expected to be at work for those days and hours!

Using the example that Cepe suggested (although Cepe admitted to not being sure of William's schedule) he works a 4 on/4 off schedule - I suspect that we might see a pattern of him flying to London when he gets his 4 days off to be with Kate and flying back for his 4 days of work.

Last edited:
Well if she isn't expected to deliver for another week or so then why is William taking his 2 week paternity leave right now? Isn't the purpose of having that time off to spend time with his new born baby and to help Catherine?

It makes more sense to me that the baby's due date was this weekend which is why he took the time off now. If she doesn't deliver by a certain date then it also makes sense that they will induce labor so that he has as much time as possible with Catherine and the baby before he has to go back to work.

As long as everything is fine with Catherine, they will not induce her and give her so the chance to deliver her baby on a natural way.
That means no induction before two weeks after due date.
They induce only for medical reasons and not because father has to return to work.

As long as everything is fine with Catherine, they will not induce her and give her so the chance to deliver her baby on a natural way.
They induce only for medical reasons and not because father has to return to work.

They induced Sarah Ferguson when Beatrice was born.

It's is July 15th in the U.K. and The Third Week of the Royal Baby Watch has now begun. July 15th -July 21st I'd what some have considered tithe real middle of July.

Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days past their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom