Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Baby C come to the world in August? Or it has to be really in July?

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael & Carole Middleton work. Their jobs are not as high profile as Charles & Camilla but they still work and I'd bet that they work more than 40 hours a week. Yes, their company is based out of their home but I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House. The living quarters for the family are separate from the company work space. The idea that their schedule or office set-up somehow makes it easier to leave Baby C with them rather than Charles/Camilla is preposterous.

Without knowing details, I would guess Michael and Carole could delegate a lot of work to employees at this point. However, the first time parents I know aren't thrilled about leaving their babies with anyone, including grandparents. Regardless of who works more, none of these are sitting around waiting for grandchildren to liven up their days. Again, I'm no expert, but aren't most of the pictures of the Queen and her grandchildren taken at Balmoral during the holiday weeks there? I'm curious to see if and how the Middletons will be incorporated into royal family holidays in Scotland once baby c gets a little older. [Camilla's family seems to see her mostly at Wiltshire, but I'm not sure we would know if they came to Birkhall - they might not want to be there. For one thing, Andrew P B is still around, and until 2010, his wife. Besides, that's different, with no precedence for the situation. Her keeping that home always seems a little odd in a way, but a stroke of genius in another.] I suppose part of the fun is that we will all have to wait and see. In addition, once Charles is King, won't he have a little more control about where and how the Middletons are free to join royal family vacations, if that's what they and W and K want? I'm just speculating.

The difference is that they work not only 'from home' but 'at home'. Charles and Camilla regularly have to be outside the home and even in other towns etc so would need help in the home that wouldn't be needed in the Middleton home where the work is done.

Party Pieces isn't run out of their home. Unless the company moved recently, the headquarters for PP is in a converted farmhouse in Ashampstead, West Berkshire. So they work outside the home just like Camilla and Charles.

Last edited:
Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June? I hope the poor girl has not been house-bound for the last 5 weeks, for fear of the press taking her picture. I think baby is going to be late, rather than early. Maybe the maternity leave mid-June, was to give her a bit more privacy for the final 5 weeks or so. If her due date is 15 July, then we could be seeing a late birth up to 29 July, if baby is late. Yes, I feel a bit sorry for the reporters who have been at the hospital since 1 July. Looks like William will be playing polo today. Does anyone know if he is off-duty now from the RAF, or heading back to Wales again after the charity polo today. The helicopter is on standby, but two more weeks of waiting could be the reality.

Well I don't feel sorry for the reporters
It is their job!!!

My daughter, who is a midwife had her due date on August 5th and my granddaughter (her first child) was finally born on August 25th perfectly healthy.
She even went to the wedding of her best friend 120 km away (The Hague-Arnhem) on August 22nd
My daughter has the impression that more and more babies are rather late.

Last edited:
A lot of dr's don't like letting you go more then 10 days overdue because it can be bad for the baby being too late. It isn't unusual for first babies to be late. I hope Kate hasn't been stuck in the house too or she will be going stir crazy. She is healthy no reason she couldn't go out and do some shopping or out to dinner with friends. We just haven't heard about it.

I'll just take this opportunity to offer my prayers for a safe delivery for a precious first-born child, and good health for mother and babe.

A lot of dr's don't like letting you go more then 10 days overdue because it can be bad for the baby being too late. It isn't unusual for first babies to be late. I hope Kate hasn't been stuck in the house too or she will be going stir crazy. She is healthy no reason she couldn't go out and do some shopping or out to dinner with friends. We just haven't heard about it.

Of course you will be monitored daily if you are two weeks overdue

Party Pieces isn't run out of their home. Unless the company moved recently, the headquarters for PP is in a converted farmhouse in Ashampstead, West Berkshire. So they work outside the home just like Camilla and Charles.

Mike and Carole are the owners. They have managers who can run the day to day operations if they want go to Mustique or skiing or spend two days at Wimbledon or shopping or spend a week with their grandchild.

Mike and Carole are the owners. They have managers who can run the day to day operations if they want go to Mustique or skiing or spend two days at Wimbledon or shopping or spend a week with their grandchild.
Of course. As the owners they have a bit more flexibility, but that wasn't my point. It was said that they run PP out of their home, which is not true. So I was pointing that out.

Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June?
According to a radio reporter the Dutchess went to her parents' home in Berkshire for a few days.
Good for her to do happy things in stead of waiting!!
William will play polo today and join his wife at Berkshire.

Only the poor reporters are left all alone at St Mary's :lol:

They might be bored but at least there being paid to sit there and wait. I would off thought Kate has been with her family for awhile now with William at work.

Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June? I hope the poor girl has not been house-bound for the last 5 weeks, for fear of the press taking her picture.

Perhaps she doesn't want to risk her water breaking while she's out in public?
(I know that would be on my mind).

As for the reporters, that hospital stakeout must be costing a fortune! :ohmy:

If we believe that Diana leaked a late due date to throw the press off the scent....

It would have been even smarter of W and C to leak an EARLY due date, leading to a lengthy press stake out at the hospital.

The cost and discomfort for the press would certainly make them think twice about how they cover the next blessed event.

Not to mention that in a karmic way - it is a great payback for the topless photos, etc. ;)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 45m
I understand the plan is for William to drive to London, with police clearing the way, if Kate does go into labour..

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 51m
No sign of a helicopter here. I'm told William's very relaxed and is not expecting Kate to go into labour today.

Last edited:
I think the whole guessing game of the date and her exact location-- at any given time-- is intended to throw off the media. I heard this morning on the TODAY show that she is at her parent's home in Bucklebury for the weekend. I seriously doubt that. She is some where in London or certainly closer than Bucklebury. These two know what they aw doing and they are throwing off the media on purpose. Three cheers for them!!

I have said that for the last month. I don't Blame then at all and I would do the same.

I think she probably is in Bucklebury - William is playing polo in 2 venues within easy distance of there this weekend.
I reckon this baby will arrive post 22nd July.

If the Baby isn't born tomorrow the media will start saying that Catherine is late when for all they know the real due date could be July 20th! Which it could be born as late as July 31st. Which by then the media will start speculating that something wrong when nothing is wrong.

The media (especially Mailonline) will never run out out of Ideas)

Actually i was thinking the more Catherine Pregnancy goes on and as this month drags on the more the media and press get more tired and impatient! It teaches then a good and valuable lesson!

Hopefully during Catherine next pregnancy (if she had another child) the Media will act better and won't jump the gun and speculate so soon!

I think it would be marvelous if she had the baby and the media had no idea until the family made the announcement.

LaRae

The DM is already writing that Catherine is one day late.

It's really something how early this pregnancy was made public.

I really felt bad for W & C back in early December when they were pushed to go public. I imagine if things had gone according to plan, the pregnancy probably wouldn't have been announced until mid- to late-January, they've had to deal with such lengthy scrutiny. If she, indeed, has a late July due date - let's say July 23 to keep with Carole's supposed "Leo baby" comment, that means she conceived at the end of October, or around November 1. I believe the official announcement was December 3. They had probably just found out.

Does anyone know how far along QE II generally was before her pregnancies were announced?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 45m
I understand the plan is for William to drive to London, with police clearing the way, if Kate does go into labour..
Wow. That sounds like a circus atmosphere... I hope they can sneak into the hospital and get settled before the news is out.

I read an article on Google Archives back from 1948 announcing Princess Elizabeth was expecting. I believe she was around 5 or 6 months or maybe even 7 months before there was a announcement.

But it was a lot different back then.

Wow. That sounds like a circus atmosphere... I hope they can sneak into the hospital and get settled before the news is out.
I agree with your circus metaphor with the Cambridge baby being the ringmaster! I understand from media reports that the weather conditions in metropolitan London are beautifully warm so that I can imagine the joy of the Cambridge parents-to-be as they wait for the baby to crack its painful whip!:flowers:

I've recently became less excited about the birth, maybe because I'm excited with my holidays starting tomorrow :). Now, I'd love to see Kate giving birth as late as possible, just to irritate media and reporters outside the hospital. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom