Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't the palace announce that if the birth happened in the middle of the night - it would be posted at 9am the next morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/world/europe/uk-royal-birth-plans

'The first indication that the baby is on its way will be the announcement to the media that the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to the hospital in the early stages of labor, royal sources told CNN'

Doesn't say anything about the muddle of the night.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/world/europe/uk-royal-birth-plans

'The first indication that the baby is on its way will be the announcement to the media that the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to the hospital in the early stages of labor, royal sources told CNN'

Doesn't say anything about the muddle of the night.

No, but it has been said that prior to the birth being announced publicly the family will be informed. So it all just depends on whether or not they're planning on waking the Queen up at whatever-o-clock in the morning.

I highly suspect when the public is told will really just depend on the mood of the day.

Couldn't it be that William took the helicopter back to London because his shifts are done for the next couple of days and the helicopter is quicker than the train/car? The papers said that he wouldn't be scheduled go work near the due date so he doesn't have to worry about Kate and the baby while up in the air.

I hope it's soon and I'm sure we will find out when she is in labour. I don't see them waiting until 9am. I'm sure the Queen would want to be woken up that the future little King/Queen has been born I don't know any grandparent who wouldn't. I wonder if she will have the bub and be released on the same day? Diana was in hospital for 12 hours or something with William she never stayed long after either birth. They don't keep you in long anymore if your healthy and the baby is doing well after the birth.

I am sure you are not the only one! lol. I have decoded that if it official/confirmed that Catherine is in the hospital or that the baby is born by midnight mountain time (7am London time) I am staying up all night!

Well I am off to bed at 11 pm. First babies are notoriously slow if in fact the bump is about to become babe.

Is it possible that the birth would be known by the public through any news channel before the statement is pasted on the easel? (In case the birth occurs between 10pm to 6am)

Is it possible that the birth would be known by the public through any news channel before the statement is pasted on the easel? (In case the birth occurs between 10pm to 6am)

Yes the media would know it was born before being put on the easel.

Yes the media would know it was born before being put on the easel.

Not necessarily.

The media will know that Catherine is in labour. Whether or not they'll know that the child is born prior to the official announcement depends on how they're planning on getting the news from the hospital to BP. I've read various things - some saying that an official will leave the hospital and travel to BP to make the announcement there, others saying that William himself will be phoning the Queen and presumably that's how the announcement will get to BP.

I really doubt we'll know just how quickly we'll find out the baby's been born until the baby is actually born. From there we can make assumptions about what will likely happen with subsequent births, but there's a lot of guess work this time round.

Can someone tell me (those of us who want to be in the know from Twitter) who we should be friends with on Twitter to get the updates on baby Cambridge?

Also, is anyone planning on sending anything, a card etc? to the palace?

Who owns that helicopter? I can't imagine that it is a SAR-helicopter.
Is it militairy or the Queens personal one (if she has any)?

Can someone tell me (those of us who want to be in the know from Twitter) who we should be friends with on Twitter to get the updates on baby Cambridge?

Victoria Arbiter is my favorite Royal Reporter/Correspondent. I also like Paul Harrison (Skynews) with Petter Hunt (BBC news) at Number 3. Also Richard Palmer and victoria Murphy.

Royal Central is a good page to follow also.

Last edited:
Who owns that helicopter? I can't imagine that it is a SAR-helicopter.
Is it militairy or the Queens personal one (if she has any)?

According to an always reliable source, the DM, the helicopter that is on standby for William is owned by his friend, Simon Oliphant-Hope, and has been leant to him for the purpose of getting him to London in a hurry if need be.

I must have the wrong friends none of mine own helicopters. LOL Thanks for those twitter names I will keep my eye on them.

this is so exciting! I'm checking 'the royal forums' a thousand times a day now to see if anything is happening.
I have plenty of time to do so since I'm 37 weeks pregnant myself with my first child (and on maternity leave), and I think I can feel a bit like Kate is feeling right now. But I'm happy that with my pregnancy not the whole world is waiting for me to go into labour:);
I hope the baby will be born soon and will be healty. And if it is a girl she could marry my son later (just kidding:lol:).

Then he/she would share a birthdate with another future monarch: HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden, Princess Victoria, Duchess of Västergötland :)

And this would be a great possibility to name her as godmother....
Bye Bine

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of the best places to buy baby memorabilia in London? I visited St Mary's the other day and could really feel the tension and anticipation of the press and media.

Really excited to find out the sex of the baby :).

There are tons of gift stores around the city. I dont think the palace official china is out yet since they would wait until after the birth. After the birth, it would be out there. The buckingham palace gift shop is on buckingham palace rd across from the royal mews. If you face the front of the palace face on then go along the road around to the left side the store and the mews are just behind the palace. There are also several stores in the Piccadilly Circus area and outside of the Tower of London and British museum.

You dont have to be friends with anyone in order to read the tweets. Im not on twitter and I "follow" these

@ royal reporter. This is Richard Palmer from the Express UK
@ skynewsroyal. paul harrison. Sky Royal Reporter.

If you google royal reporter, you will find both of these.

@ victoria arbiter. Very good, her father used to be press officer to the Queen. She is based in New York so bear that in mind for the timing of updates.

@regal eyes. This is Mark Stewart who is a royal photographer. Seems good.

@rebecca english. She is from the Daily Mail. You dont have to believe her but she does tend to take pix and post them on this account at events she attends.

Hope that helps.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 13h Friends say Kate's feeling really well and at one stage today was even thinking about going to tonight's Buckingham Palace concert.

So, everyone is stirring but Kate is very relaxed... Palmer added that eventually she dind't go... I think because she didn't want all eyes on her! (This is about the concert performed yesterday...)

According to an always reliable source, the DM, the helicopter that is on standby for William is owned by his friend, Simon Oliphant-Hope, and has been leant to him for the purpose of getting him to London in a hurry if need be.

That's the helicopter from the press piece that ran in the last two weeks that showed Lupo running to/from the helicopter. Duke and Duchess of Cambridge catch a ride back to London in their friend's helicopter | Mail Online

I am sure Simon Oliphant-Hope has been working from the house in Angelsey. A Bachelor's week with Wills. :lol:

And this would be a great possibility to name her as godmother....
Bye Bine
If there is any possibilty at all for a foreign royal godparent, that will be only and only Hotty Hunky Haakon..

If there is any possibilty at all for a foreign royal godparent, that will be only and only Hotty Hunky Haakon..

In my opinion, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece has more chances to be one of the godparents.

When The Duchess is in Labour ,as a suggestion to the boards mod, can we have it as a header....Please?
Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom