Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's false. This is her grandchild, she's going to do whatever she can to protect their privacy.

LaRae

Pretty much a made up story. The media can't wait for the baby's birth. Everyone wants to predict the due date.

Pretty much a made up story. The media can't wait for the baby's birth. Everyone wants to predict the due date.

and the sex of the baby..lol..apparently people aren't patient. We will know soon enough the sex and name of the baby.

As soon as the baby is born and its gender known, speculation will start on when the baby's sibling will begin its journey. The gender of Baby C will become old news.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 38m
When Baby Cambridge is born it'll mark the 1st time since 1894 that the reigning sovereign has had 3 direct heirs living. #FunFact #Historic

Last edited:
Wow, that man just doesn't know how to shut up. You almost get the feeling that 'Uncle Gary' has a sickly need to be in the public eye. If I was in Catherine's place, I'd be rather infuriated with him.

Bryony Gordon dripping poison as usual. Gary says very positive stuff about his family but its the way she writes it that makes it cringe-worthy.

That said, he would do better to keep a distance from the press.

I'm not familiar with what "Godparent" means these days. When I was asked to be a Godparent, my only responsibilities to the child were socializing and seeing to the reinforcement of religious education, (i.e. God). Other people were actually designated to take care of the children in case the parents became incapacitated or died before the children reached their majority.

As far as I remember Kitty, my Godparents were entrusted with raising me in the event anything happened to my parents, death being the main thing. They were to raise me as their own as if I was their daughter. Unfortunately, my Godparents passed away before my parents. I only had one set of Godparents though so I dont know what would have happened if they all had passed at the same time. I suppose that is why some children have multiple Godparents.

By the way, anyone watch the program on " Bringing up Baby"? I thought it was just the same old thing, blah, blah. Barbara Walters loves doing these little interviews I think just so people dont forget about her. :)

I'm not familiar with what "Godparent" means these days. When I was asked to be a Godparent, my only responsibilities to the child were socializing and seeing to the reinforcement of religious education, (i.e. God). Other people were actually designated to take care of the children in case the parents became incapacitated or died before the children reached their majority.

Depends on the family. I had six but their responsibilities were limited to nice gifts at christening, birthdays, Christmas and confirmation, and the odd holiday invite. They were never intended to be my guardians as that was covered by a seperate legal document drawn up by my parents and my guardians were not also godparents.

Depends on the family. I had six but their responsibilities were limited to nice gifts at christening, birthdays, Christmas and confirmation, and the odd holiday invite. They were never intended to be my guardians as that was covered by a seperate legal document drawn up by my parents and my guardians were not also godparents.

Same here. Godparents have no legal standing according to the law. So, my husband and I also asked them seperately to become our childrens guardians.
I have no idea how this works with Royals though.
I can imagine them asking Harry as godfather&guardian. Since, if something would happen to W&C, Harry would be the obvious person to act as Regent until baby C. reaches majority.

I read on the RF that Prince Charles reached out to help one of his goddaughters. Was she a descendant of the Duke of Kent? I'm not sure. Anyway, he helped guide her to a better way of life, interceded for her with others who could help. This is the role I see for a godparent, to be watchful to see if the child is on a healthy track. And to intercede if he/she can, should the child not be on the right track. Thus it is a kind of spiritual rather than economic responsibility, although an economic help could be implied in the case of a wealthy godparent such as Prince Charles. A godparent could also remind the family to send the child to religious classes, such as preparation for confirmation, if the family was not doing its job. I have never been a godparent so I'm assuming what would be a natural role for such a person. If I were a godparent I would think it would be my job to at least keep in touch with the child by letters, calls, visits if possible, and to give the child advice such as that obtainable in good books, videos, etc. If such a role were not undertaken, what is the point of the role "godparent"? It is more than standing up in a picture behind the RF and the infant.

I read on the RF that Prince Charles reached out to help one of his goddaughters. Was she a descendant of the Duke of Kent? I'm not sure. Anyway, he helped guide her to a better way of life, interceded for her with others who could help. This is the role I see for a godparent, to be watchful to see if the child is on a healthy track. And to intercede if he/she can, should the child not be on the right track. Thus it is a kind of spiritual rather than economic responsibility, although an economic help could be implied in the case of a wealthy godparent such as Prince Charles. A godparent could also remind the family to send the child to religious classes, such as preparation for confirmation, if the family was not doing its job. I have never been a godparent so I'm assuming what would be a natural role for such a person. If I were a godparent I would think it would be my job to at least keep in touch with the child by letters, calls, visits if possible, and to give the child advice such as that obtainable in good books, videos, etc. If such a role were not undertaken, what is the point of the role "godparent"? It is more than standing up in a picture behind the RF and the infant.

AFAIK it was Marina Ogilvy the daughter of Princess Alexandra and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy. And as I recall too he did reach out to help her during her troubled marriage.

AFAIK it was Marina Ogilvy the daughter of Princess Alexandra and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy. And as I recall too he did reach out to help her during her troubled marriage.

I remember it as Marina Ogilvy was on public assistance, and Prince Charles was trying to encourage her parents to help her out because it looked bad for a member of the royal family to be on public assistance.

I remember it as Marina Ogilvy was on public assistance, and Prince Charles was trying to encourage her parents to help her out because it looked bad for a member of the royal family to be on public assistance.

How do you know this was the reason? Her marriage and disagreement with her parents was all across the tabloids and the Ogilvy's were not getting bad press.
I think it is just as likely that he tried to help out someone he knew and cared about. Considering his work in assisting young people generally, I believe that this is more likely.

Thanks for the article.

(Never bought into the Diana modernized the monarchy.)

Ditto. It was an interesting piece. I do have to give Diana credit for, if not "modernizing" the monarchy, certainly helping to foster change within it. The practices mentioned by the article seemed to be long out of fashion at the time of William's birth in 1983, so when she adopted them, they were seen as modern. Bell bottoms were popular in the '70s; when they reemerged in the '90s, they were the "modern" way to wear pants. Certainly not a new innovation, but a new one to that generation.

Ditto. It was an interesting piece. I do have to give Diana credit for, if not "modernizing" the monarchy, certainly helping to foster change within it. The practices mentioned by the article seemed to be long out of fashion at the time of William's birth in 1983, so when she adopted them, they were seen as modern.

Strongly agree with above statement about Diana, Princess of Wales. Maybe her parenting guidelines where not original, but her persona relating to people was original and help modernize the future BRF. (Prince William rule and Cambridge baby's rule);)

Yes, the big day or night is almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom