Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a name picked in advance, for either boy or girl or both, they may change it when they see the baby. Some people do this, thinking that the baby does not look like a "........." Which is a little foolish because babies don't always look the same way as they will look in a few years. Sometimes I wish I hadn't settled on Charlie, although he looked like a Charlie to me. Because when he grew older he never used "Charles". He became Charlie-------Ph.D. His boss is also Charlie......Ph.D.

Last edited:
If I were in their shoes, I'd wish for a boy first, because it is still IMHO easier for a male heir to find the right One for a good family and loving marriage. I believe they both know into what kind of life their child will be born and so might wish for a son.

Not always true Kataryn - Her Majesty the Queen found the Duke of Edinburgh, who has been her 'strength and stay all these years'.
And Prince Charles found Princess Diana!

Prince Charles did not "find" Lady Diana.

I would think Molly would agree with you. However Catherine said after the "d" incident that she didn't know. So she's either lying to keep it a secret or she genuinely doesn't know.

And I do agree with you. :)

Just pointing out the difference so that people can pay attention as to whether the source was a statement (and who issued it) or whether royal sources are quoted.

And just for the record, I don't believe they know.

Last edited:
Or perhaps d as in darling husband?

Or even could be diaper bag or doll zoo or....

I'm wondering now if Will's favorite wombat is still in good shape.

I'm personally a fan of Classic Winnie the Pooh for nurseries.

That was the theme I chose for my son, 25 years ago. My grandmother had given me a set of Winnie the Pooh books for my 5th birthday.

Or even could be diaper bag or doll zoo or....

I'm wondering now if Will's favorite wombat is still in good shape.

I didn't know Wills had a toy wombat. I remember pictures of a koala bear from several pictures, but no wombats. It would be so sweet if both, William and Catherine passed some of their favorite childhood toys on to their children.

I didn't know Wills had a toy wombat. I remember pictures of a koala bear from several pictures, but no wombats. It would be so sweet if both, William and Catherine passed some of their favorite childhood toys on to their children.

It might be my failing memory but I seem to recall that at one time Will's favorite toy as a wee one was a wombat. I do believe that Wombat was a nickname his parents called him and once he entered the service, Charles referred to him once as Combat Wombat.

It might be my failing memory but I seem to recall that at one time Will's favorite toy as a wee one was a wombat. I do believe that Wombat was a nickname his parents called him and once he entered the service, Charles referred to him once as Combat Wombat.

You may very well be right in regards to a wombat toy, and I definitely remember him being nicknamed 'Wombat', as well as the instance you've referred at the end of your post (that one made me giggle).

One stuffed toy we can be almost positive that will be in the nursery is the penguin that Wills got in the Faukland Islands last year. :)

One stuffed toy we can be almost positive that will be in the nursery is the penguin that Wills got in the Faukland Islands last year. :)

Oh, I certainly hope so :D.

I would think Molly would agree with you. However Catherine said after the "d" incident that she didn't know. So she's either lying to keep it a secret or she genuinely doesn't know.

At least we know this is a 50/50 -the woman heard a "d". So, she will be 50/50 right until the little one arrives.

I think a lot of people were asking Catherine about the baby that day. A lot of people were talking over each other and children were screaming. I bet a lot of people thought they heard all kinds of things. All kinds of words that started with d's, b's and c's. A couple of people told the media what they thought they heard her say and the press took off with it.

Not always true Kataryn - Her Majesty the Queen found the Duke of Edinburgh, who has been her 'strength and stay all these years'.
And Prince Charles found Princess Diana!

You're right, it's not always true, but I meant in general. Just think about the different perception of the York girls and the Wales boys. Or how "playboy prince" Albert was accepted, but his sister Stephanie, who was wild as well, got a very different label...

So now on twitter everyone is talking about how there is exclusive footage of Kate that proves she didn't say 'D' from the grimbsy paper.

But, someone here posted this link Duchess of Cambridge: Moment Kate Middleton nearly gave the game away | Mail Online and it certainly sounded like she said 'D'.....now what does that stand for...we will find out in July.

But, before the 'D' madness even began people on twitter heard video of her say we don't know and were saying I don't buy that. So now its like they are all silent on that quote...but, they need to realize there IS a 50/50 chance she may have a girl.

I feel like this isn't even a story anymore people are just continuing it because there is not much other big news.

The funny thing for me is I always thought William would make a slip if they do know the sex...which he still might. So, if they don't know they should stick to that...otherwise there is a good chance one of them are going to slip.

BTW, excited to join this forum..people on this one seem very nice and friendly.

But, before the 'D' madness even began people on twitter heard video of her say we don't know and were saying I don't buy that. So now its like they are all silent on that quote...but, they need to realize there IS a 50/50 chance she may have a girl.

The D video sees Catherine say that they 'don't know'. As far as I am aware she hasn't publicly said anything else.

Exclusive: Video proof Duchess of Cambridge didn't let slip she's having a girl

ThisIs

What Kate didn't say: video proves that Duchess of Cambridge never mentioned 'd for daughter'

What Kate didn't say: video proves that Duchess of Cambridge never mentioned 'd for daughter' - UK - News - London Evening Standard

It a clear video where you can hear everything she said (the video is in the first link, the lady who took the video talk about it in both newspaper)

I don't think the media (beside those two) will pick up on it.

Last edited:
The D video sees Catherine say that they 'don't know'. As far as I am aware she hasn't publicly said anything else.

I know...I am just saying that before that stuff even came out people heard the video of her just saying I dont know and a lot of people thought she was lying because of her facial expression...

I have no clue if they know or not.

I don't think any other media will pick up on it..because I feel like its not even a story anymore...people from the beginning were unsure if she slipped or not...Its a 24/7 news cycle most people have moved on from it..other than the British press which continue the story..Many of the articles said maybe or possible..the were very careful not to say it was something that was confirmed by any means.

Last edited:
I think that was very nice of Lisa to set the record straight. The media might not pick up on the truth because they really want to reveal the baby's gender ahead of time. I think there's some impatient people out there, who can't wait to find out everything about this baby. We just have to wait and let the baby finish cooking .

A question to people here that have more knowledge of William & Catherine genes (through their parents..etc...). What are the probabilities of this baby bein' born with blue/green/brown eyes and blonde/auburn/brown hair?
I always find genes the most interesting^^

Kate, Pippa, and James all had blonde hair up until a certain age.

I think Pippa and Michael have brown eyes...James and Carole have blue eyes and I think Kates are hazel...they seem to go from grey to green alot.

A question to people here that have more knowledge of William & Catherine genes (through their parents..etc...). What are the probabilities of this baby bein' born with blue/green/brown eyes and blonde/auburn/brown hair?
I always find genes the most interesting^^
I think there is no chance that William&Kate's baby will have brown or hazel eyes, as I do not remember any of William's grandparents having dark eyes ( close line), but the baby could have green, blue or grey eyes.

I see. Catherine has dark blue eyes, while William has "normal" blue eyes, so the baby will probabilly have blue eyes but it would be nice if in the end had green eyes!
That's right Catherine was blonde as a child, so as William is blonde too, the baby will probably be blonde as well, but I'm betting that instead of his father, the baby's hair will turn brown when entering adulthood like Catherine's.
But, has there any chance the baby can be born with auburn hair? It's been awhile since we've had a royal baby/child with orange hair.

Last edited:
I see. Catherine has dark blue eyes, while William has "normal" blue eyes, it would be nice if the baby had green eyes!
That's right Catherina was blonde as a child, so as William is blonde too, the baby will probably be blonde as well, but I'm betting that instead of his father, the baby's hair will turn brown when entering adulthood like Catherine's.
But, has there any chance the baby can be born with auburn hair? It's been awhile since we've had a royal baby/child with orange hair.

I always thought Kate's eyes were either a hazel or green...they aren't blue though thy can look grey sometimes.

I think that was very nice of Lisa to set the record straight. The media might not pick up on the truth because they really want to reveal the baby's gender ahead of time. I think there's some impatient people out there, who can't wait to find out everything about this baby. We just have to wait and let the baby finish cooking .

While I am generally of the opinion that royals give up much of their privacy in exchange for the enormous privileges of the position, I do think they deserve some privacy. If they don't want to reveal the gender of the child until its birth, that's their right to do so. It would be nicer if the people who claimed to hear this "d" sound decided not to publicize or publish it.

But I don't believe she said uttered the "d" sound anyway.

I have to agree. I did not hear any mention of a possible slip of the tongue. I think in all the excitement and commotion it may have seemed like she said something but there was no evidence. Unfortunately the woman was mistaken when she thought she heard something. I wish it would have been a slip, it would be kind of nice to know what they are expecting. It is an exciting time for everyone who has watched this couple from the beginning until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom