Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make a list of all the 'd' words it could have been - if anything:

David
Daniel
Douglas
Darren
Daryl
Darrell
Donna
Diana
Deandra
Devon
etc etc etc etc

or even Doughnut or Dumpling, or any other cute nickname she and William have attached to their little bundle of joy?

A friend of mine, whose wife is expecting their first child, has been referring to their unborn child as the piece of fruit that most closely matches the child's current size. It went from being a grape, to a lime, to an orange, well, you get the idea.

Would you give a stuffed toy given by a total stranger to your infant, royal or not? I'll bet these gifts,like the flowers, are donated (which also begins with a 'd'). My first thought would never be to give it to my (any letter here). Much ado about nothing, IMO.

But judging by the reactions of the press, on the forums and all over the web the last couple of hours it's terribly accurate...

But they're reactions. There's no mass hysteria, it's just a reaction to news. Which frankly is quite interesting news.

Would you give a stuffed toy given by a total stranger to your infant, royal or not? I'll bet these gifts,like the flowers, are donated (which also begins with a 'd'). My first thought would never be to give it to my (any letter here). Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Catherine wasn't going to say I'll give that to my donated. They'll probably be donated, but Catherine might choose to keep things as personal momentos.

She probably does keep a few things for mementos.

Awfully big bear for a tiny baby. :cool:

I just saw the story on my local news broadcast. I think everyone should just calm down. She didn't actually reveal the baby's gender but members of the crowds wanted to know and they all laughed at the questions. The press is just running with this story.

I think I might be crazy, because I've watched a couple of these videos of the event and I can't even figure out when it is she says "I'll give it to" anything...

Now I'm hoping it's a boy, though. :D

Which is as it should be :)

And I actually agree with miche about it being unusual for a parent to use "daughter" or "son" during a pregnancy. I still think she was going to say "dog".
I thought the same thing when I heard it. I was thinking dog too. She's so discreet that I don't think that she would even accidently reveal the sex of the baby. And I honestly think that they don't know. Best way to keep a secret is to not be privy to the information. So they may have asked not to be told, that way they don't have to try and hide it. Just my thoughts.

Catherine said "is this for our d...thank you so much", I'm definitely going with dog now. She stopped talking because the toy was clearly for the baby and Catherine was probably just going to give it to the dog.

I think she was going to say dog also.

LaRae

I don't know. Why would her first thought be that the teddy bear is for their dog? If someone were to give me a stuffed toy and I'm pregnant, my first thought would be that it's for the baby. But, who knows.

Since they're definitely not going to reveal anything, we'll know for sure in a few months.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a nick name they have for him/her. Maybe she stopped herself because she wanted to keep it private. :flowers:

I don't know. Why would her first thought be that the teddy bear is for their dog? If someone were to give me a stuffed toy and I'm pregnant, my first thought would be that it's for the baby. But, who knows.

Since they're definitely not going to reveal anything, we'll know for sure in a few months.

Just because someone gave you a gift for something doesn't mean you will used it for that? She probably got a lot of stuffed animals that she gave to Lupo. No one would know

Last edited:
And it's not as if all dogs destroy stuffed toys. I know quite a bit who just cuddle with them and chew a bit, but don't destroy them. I even read in a book about dog training that when you have a dog and are expecting a baby, you should train the dog to be careful with the newborn on giving him a stuffed toy and train him with it. They can learn not to hurt the toy and then they won't hurt the baby in an unsupervised moment. Maybe they had just decided to start training Lupo for the upcoming arrival and the teddy was just the right size?

I don't know ... I'd probably be a little hurt if I bought a toy for someone's baby, and they gave that toy to their dog instead.

Also, I doubt Baby Cambridge will be using many gifts given by the public, for the simple reason that like all new parents, William and Kate will probably be looking forward to picking out things for the baby themselves.

I'm sure most of the gifts will be put to great use though, and donated to charities where they'll find their way to kids who can really use them and will love them.

^which is probably why she stopped herself so as not to offend anyone. She said they don't know what the sex is and I highly doubt she was going to say daughter to some random woman who she knows will go back and tell the press. So I'm sticking with dog. It's most likely.

Just because someone gave you a gift for something doesn't mean you will used it for that? She probably got a lot of stuffed animals that she gave to Lupo. No one would know

True, but I think it's the way she worded it, that has me unsure about whether she was actually going to say dog.

I saw those two video and I didn't hear anything that remotely sounds like "I'll take this for anything"
That lady was exaggerating in my opinion

She says, "Is this for our (d)...thank you so much."

I actually didn't hear her start to say, daughter/dog/whatever. So either the women just thought she heard her begin to say it, or it was a lot clearer in person.

Last edited:
In four months, an announcement at Buckingham Palace gates will end with all this discussion.

It's just a matter of wait. But I have the feeling that it's a girl. I was right about Princess Estelle of Sweden and Princess Athena of Denmark, and also about the Prussian twins. I hope also right this time.

Is it possible that the d that was supposedly said was not about a dog or a daughter but perhaps the letter of the first name of the child and she stopped herself before she said the child's name which would reveal the sex of the child.

Is it possible that the d that was supposedly said was not about a dog or a daughter but perhaps the letter of the first name of the child and she stopped herself before she said the child's name which would reveal the sex of the child.

The only Royal name that I can remember that begins with "D" is Diana, and I hope this will not be the baby's first name.

The only Royal name that I can remember that begins with "D" is Diana, and I hope this will not be the baby's first name.

There's also David, which has been used a fair bit.

There's also David, which has been used a fair bit.

Yes, David, from the Scottish Kings, but I don't think the baby will be called David, as the British Royal Family has been using English names as first names (I think Princess Margaret was an exception because she was born in Scotland), and "David" has a connection with Edward VIII.

Yes, David, from the Scottish Kings, but I don't think the baby will be called David, as the British Royal Family has been using English names as first names (I think Princess Margaret was an exception because she was born in Scotland), and "David" has a connection with Edward VIII.

I'm fairly certain that HM was very fond of her uncle David, when she was younger at least. Also, one of Harry's names are David so I wouldn't disclose that name at all (perhaps not as a first name, but I don't think it's out there for a secondary name).

I'm fairly certain that HM was very fond of her uncle David, when she was younger at least. Also, one of Harry's names are David so I wouldn't disclose that name at all (perhaps not as a first name, but I don't think it's out there for a secondary name).

I believe this baby will have a very traditional-sound royal name, if it's a boy, George or Edward, if it's a girl, Elizabeth or Victoria.

William and Catherine will not surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom