Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William works a 24 hr shift then is on call for the next shift so baby c could be named Anglesey if they follow the posh and becks first born naming plan.

Or Valley. HRH Prince/ss Valley of Cambridge.

It is now July 17th in the U.K. Quite a few peoples predicted that Baby Cambridge would be born on the 17th including Bookers and Betters. I guess we will have to wait and see!

William works a 24 hr shift then is on call for the next shift so baby c could be named Anglesey if they follow the posh and becks first born naming plan.

No, no. This is a royal baby. One day it'll be HRH The Duke (or Duchess) of [Place of Conception].

LOL Princess Valley how cute if it's a boy it could be Helicopter as William and Kate both seem to like them. Do we know what last name they will use? Will it be Cambridge? I still like Princess Charlotte and Prince George.

The baby doesn't really have a last name. Say it is a boy named George. He is HRH Prince George of Cambridge when born. When the queen dies and Charles becomes King, he becomes Hrh Prince George of Cornwall (and Cambridge ) When William is named Prince of Wales, Hrh Prince George of Wales. When William becomes King, The Prince George, Duke of Cornwall.

A girl would follow the same path except she doesn't inherit the Duke of Corwall title - It just The Hrh Princess Name when William is king.

The baby would most likely used its place name when a last name is needed William and Harry use Wales as their last name in the military and Wills graduated as William Wales from St Andrews.

LOL Princess Valley how cute if it's a boy it could be Helicopter as William and Kate both seem to like them. Do we know what last name they will use? Will it be Cambridge? I still like Princess Charlotte and Prince George.

It was announced last week, and a number of articles, that they would be Prince/Princess of Cambridge. Wrongly announced at one point, the first of Cambridge, considering Queen Mary's mother's family.

But didn't really need to be announced. It is traditional, like Prince Harry of Wales or Princess Beatrice of York. Victoria's grandchildren by her younger sons were the same, like Princess Patricia of Connaught.

In so far as any male-line descendant of Elizabeth II and the DoE had a surname, Baby C's will be Mountbatten-Windsor.

Royals however don't typically use surnames, and when they do it's the place of wherever they are "of" - so, Charles and Harry's surname is Wales, Camilla's is Cornwall, Andrew and his daughter have York, Edward and Sophie have Wessex, and William, Catherine, and Baby C are Cambridge (although, I believe William still also uses Wales for work).

I personally hope it's a girl and they name her Charlotte. My home town, and my current residence, was named for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I will likely be long gone by the time she would reign, but how lovely it would be for our small city to be reminded of our roots when the new Queen Charlotte actually reigns. Just a nice thought.

I live in Alberta. My city has a link to Princess Patricia, due to our infantry based here. And there is the Royal Alexandra, named for Queen Alexandra. But our province is named for Queen Vic's daughter Louise Caroline Alberta, whose husband the Marquess of Lorne, was Governor Generral of Canada. They had planned to call it Louise, but she wanted to honor her father. There is also Lake Louise, named for her.

The Canadian lore from QueenJen and Countessmeout is interesting! I remember that QV's father, the Duke of Kent (Edward) served as an army officer on Queen Charlotte Island. When I was a child, I lived in Seattle, and we often took the Princess ships to Vancouver, and from there visited the flower gardens in Victoria. I think one of the ships was Princess Patricia but strangely I have forgotten what the other ones were. I have not been anywhere in Canada except British Columbia, which was near to Seattle, but I saw Toronto from a distance near Niagara Falls when my son was in Cornell University. I love Canada. One of my step daughters has an organic farm in Eastern British Columbia, having married a Canadian.

Some "insider" on the blog Miss Honoria Glossip said the baby is due on my birthday, which I already told you is at "zero degrees of Leo". I think inducing Catherine is a mistake. I have a young friend here who is being threatened with induction come Thursday, and she's praying the baby comes before then. And yes, HG can occur very early in pregnancy. Mine started a week after conception and put me in the hospital that early because I had never been nauseated by anything, so doctors wondered "what on earth?" I told them I was expecting. I was right.

I personally hope it's a girl and they name her Charlotte. My home town, and my current residence, was named for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I will likely be long gone by the time she would reign, but how lovely it would be for our small city to be reminded of our roots when the new Queen Charlotte actually reigns. Just a nice thought.

My hometown is Queens. That kicks the butt out of your hometown any day of the week. :flowers:

Too bad it's a boy. Kings gets the honor there.

I think Catherine was further along then Five Weeks back on December 3rd. I think she was around 8-10 weeks at that point, I think it was far enough for them to announce for them to announce her pregnancy. I think 5-7 weeks would have been to early and they would have not said anything.

Rather than estimating based on the 12/5/12, hospital admission for hyperemisis gravidarum when she could have been 5 or more or even less weeks along a more useful date is 1/14/13, when her due date of July was announced following her 12 week scan. If she was @ 12 weeks on 1/14, then she just finished week 38 today (assuming I counted weeks correctly.)
Much as I'm eager for the big event we may have as many as 3 wks to go, which explains William's polo last week (week 37) and Carole's famous alleged Leo remark (how about Leon for a name hehe.) Camilla's hope for an end of the week phone call could be because the doctor said any day now or the baby dropped.

I absolutely agree! The "interest" is way, way over the top. OK the child is important but really, I don't know why everyone is "counting the hours" if the Cambridge's are staying with her family and William is off playing polo I would think that it is not time to fuss..

I disagree that the coverage is over the top. We have to remember that there is far more media these days than when William as born in 1982. Back then we only had the daily newspapers and the three networks with the news at 6:30 each night, nothing extra. (I'm talking about in America) When William was born we heard about it on the evening news and not before. The internet and 24-hour news stations have changed everything. There is news all day long and all night so when this baby comes, we will hear about it instantly. With all the media we are seeing story after story that the media think they just have to do so they don't get behind all the other media. Personally, I think the amount of coverage is just about right in proportion to the amount of media available.

I agree even back when William was born there were stories in the paper and all the magazines for weeks leading up to his birth. These days we have the internet and 24 hour news so it may seem more but I bet if this was around then it would be the same amount of interest. I remember when Diana left the hospital we had newsbreaks and their picture was everywhere. I did get a bit sick of that green dress in fact when I think of Wills birth I think of the green dress. LOL

I want a girl but I'm almost certain it's a boy! I don't fully buy the old wives tale thing but I compared pictures of Letizia's baby bumps and Mary's when she's pregnant with Christian. Kate's bump shape is similar to Mary's so... there you go.

Well I dont know what the shape or look of a baby bump has to do with whether its a boy or girl. All I know is can this baby please hurry up so I can quit checking the forums every hour? This is getting out of control and I might have to seek medical attention pretty soon! Help!! :)

I know the feeling. I check here first thing every morning and just about every hour after that. I hope she is here soon (cause I've always thought it was a girl.) Some people think they can tell the sex by looking at the bump which is funny cause the ladies I had coffee with yesterday both said she looked like she was carrying a girl and they both have had kids. LOL

Well I dont know what the shape or look of a baby bump has to do with whether its a boy or girl. All I know is can this baby please hurry up so I can quit checking the forums every hour? This is getting out of control and I might have to seek medical attention pretty soon! Help!! :)

Same with me!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH H!
How much EXTRA time do you need? I am dying :eek::eek::eek: !!!
Grrrmpppffff

BYe Bine

Think about it - once this child arrives it won't have any real privacy again - every major event in its life will be shared with the public - do you blame it for wanting to have a few more days of total privacy???

Think about it - once this child arrives it won't have any real privacy again - every major event in its life will be shared with the public - do you blame it for wanting to have a few more days of total privacy???

Hihi, good comment :cool:, you may be right :whistling:!
The last days of silence, until the big thunderstorm starts :ROFLMAO:....
Bye Bine

Last edited:
I want a girl but I'm almost certain it's a boy! I don't fully buy the old wives tale thing but I compared pictures of Letizia's baby bumps and Mary's when she's pregnant with Christian. Kate's bump shape is similar to Mary's so... there you go.

i also think (and hope) it will be a boy. and prince christian need a boy so he didnt have to handle all these royal girls all by himself;):D

Well, people do like to play down their interest in the royal baby and even royal events.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
William is still off -- not yet returning to his N Wales search and rescue job--and is with Kate at her parent's Berkshire home #RoyalBaby

Last edited:
I heard Berkshire Hospital is on stand-by. Possibly, she may never make it to St Mary's if she is saying with her parents?

I heard Berkshire Hospital is on stand-by. Possibly, she may never make it to St Mary's if she is saying with her parents?

Babies do take their time to arrive, usually a lot more than the c40 minutes it may take to get from Berkshire to St Mary's, so I suspect she will make it to her preferred hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom