Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana died, that was tragic. She never got to marry Dodi or someone else. I doubt at her age she'd have had more kids. But life goes on, and must go on, for those who are alive. There were three people at fault in that situation, not two. If Will and Harry can be happy for their dad and Camilla, I think that is all that should matter.

Just because it is nothing to her by blood, doesn't mean the baby is nothing to Camilla. It is the grandchild of the man she has been in love wit for decades, married to for a decade.

Of course Will would wish his mother was there. But eventually people, even children, do move on. Not in the sense they forget her, but they don't have mommy haunting their every move either. Its okay to go on with life, marry and have kids, and be happy without constantly looking to the past.

Why would it dishonor their mother for Camilla to be a part? It doesn't take away from Diana in any way. They have accepted her for years as their father's wife, and made her a part of the family. Why would it be any different with the baby? Children can use all the love they can get.

I know from experience, blood means little to nothing, especially to kids. My Grandma is my Grandma, and if I hadn't noticed my mother called her by her name and not Mom, as she still called her father Dad, I would never have known till older. My mother's mother died when she was a child, and her father remarried ten years later. They were married for 30 years, until he died, and never had kids together. He had six with my bio grandmother and she had three from her first husband. To this day, even with five grandkids and three great-grandkids of her own blood, she doesn't treat any of my grandfather's 11 grandkids and soon to be 14 great grandchildren any different then her own.

My mom's oldest brother got married when he was 22 to a 19-year-old woman who had a 2-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. He adopted her daughter, and didn't think of her as any different than the two kids he and his wife had together. Up until his death from lung cancer seven years ago at 61, she still called him Dad.

Last edited:
Why not? She was only 36 when she died.

She wasn't even engaged at the time, it would likely have been a year or more before she married. Up until recently, and some women still do, women believed it was unhealthy to have babies after 40. Maybe if she had not had kids, she may have wanted them at such an age, but with a 13 and 15 year old boys from her first marriage, I don't see her being anxious to be pregnant again from a second marriage, IMO of course.

But she has been dead 15 years, and what may have been should have long ago been put to rest.

What is important is the new little Baby C, who has a big extended perhaps not traditional but loving family, which is what matters.

Last edited:
Whatever the past, baby Cambridge will only ever remember the "now" and the "future". It is the "now" that is the most important in all our lives...........so let's let the past go.............and wish the Cambridge family happy lives ahead............

Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood. This child's grandparents are Charles and Diana and William and Harry of course will be painfully aware of their mum's absence even more so when their own children are born. It's not a matter of "moving on" for them in the sense thst some people here would appear to want it to be and William giving Kate his mother's engagement ring showed this. I have no doubt that both boys will continue to honour there mother's memory in every possible way for the rest of their lives.

But Camilla IS going to be their children's grandmother. She married William's father and when she did she became their step mother. Both William and Harry seem to think a lot of her and she is very close to Catherine. Of course Diana will always be honored in William and Harry's life and they will make sure her legacy lives on with their children. However, Diana can't be in her grandchildren's lives. Camilla will be there and I am sure she will embrace the grandchildren and have a warm and loving relationship with them as she has with William, Harry and Catherine.

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me. Then again it isn't really any of my or anyone else's business. I get the funny feeling that maybe the kid will be born on the 29th , that would be an interesting date.

It seems fine to me....but then that's what happened in my family.

My dad's parents divorced. Both re-married. My bio-grandfather died before I was born. I call my dad's step-dad (who he does not call dad) Grandpa. He couldn't be more my Grandpa to me than if I were blood-related. And he definitely doesn't treat us non-blood related grandchildren differently than his bio-grandchildren. We're ALL his grandkids.

That being said....I'm sure whatever William (and later Harry) does will be right for him and his family. Every family is different.

ETA- My cousins' kids are in a similar situation- only all the bio grandparents are alive. All it's meant is that they've had more people to call Granny and Grandpa.lol

Last edited:
Found a article on Google News Archives from 1948 about Queen (Then Princess) Elizabeth and the impending birth of her first child. Both Elizabeth and Philip wanted a boy. Also Quern Elizabeth attended a movie show just days before giving birth to Prince Charles.

Articles are from the last days of Elizabeth Pregnancy.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...J&pg=1870,2830200&dq=princess+elizabeth&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...J&pg=6107,4161751&dq=princess+elizabeth&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...J&pg=6030,3972096&dq=princess+elizabeth&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...J&pg=4757,2919144&dq=princess+elizabeth&hl=en

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter what baby c calls Camilla. Camilla will play a grandmother role. William has accepted her when he didn't have to. It is not like they are going to bring the baby to Clarence House and only let Charles play with it.

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me. Then again it isn't really any of my or anyone else's business. I get the funny feeling that maybe the kid will be born on the 29th , that would be an interesting date.

The 29th is my birthday. I'm kind of hoping Baby C is born on that day, just so I can say I share a birthday with the future king/queen of England.

Well if its the 31st, could be a little Prince Henry (Harry) James.

I liked Diana but I am aware of her failings as it were. I am not a fan of Camilla and Charles due to the situation...but I don't hate them or wish them ill.

It's good that William and Harry were able to be happy for their father and that it is not a strained relationship..and I really don't think Charles would of married Camilla if the boys had objected. He is a good father.

I am sure William will be sad that his mother won't be there. Very bittersweet for him.

LaRae
Thank you for writing down your thoughts, I feel the same way.
I also appreciate the comment about labeling people, how it makes them angry and defensive, very wise.
This is a very thoughtful group.
BTW my money is on the 18th and a boy!

We're getting closer and closer to my birthday (23rd) but if Camilla thinks it will be here this week I think she is probably correct. I hope this does not mean induction.

We're getting closer and closer to my birthday (23rd) but if Camilla thinks it will be here this week I think she is probably correct. I hope this does not mean induction.

I hope the Baby will born on the 17th. The Duchess of Cornwall will love such a wonderful gift on her birthday.

I hope the Baby will born on the 17th. The Duchess of Cornwall will love such a wonderful gift on her birthday.

:eek:

Hmmm... I think the coincidence would give the tabloids a wonderful gift as well. But it's now looking more and more possible as we've been told by the e end of the week....:whistling:

Imagine how ballistic some people would go - Diana's first grandchild makes its appearance on Camilla's birthday - even more so if it is a girl.

Hoping for the seventeenth, only because it is now the 16th in London. I want this baby to come.

Imagine how ballistic some people would go - Diana's first grandchild makes its appearance on Camilla's birthday - even more so if it is a girl.

Oh, I can well imagine it. If it happens I plan on opening a bottle of Cabernet before I sit down to read all the commentary on the subject.

It should all be great fun. As much as I am hoping for a prince, a princess born on Camillas birthday might be too great a temptation to resist. I might pour a big glass of Scotch and light up a Cuban cigar to celebrate.

I don't care when the baby comes as long as it's soon. LOL Some will be happy and some won't be if he/she is born on the 17th. I don't think it's a bad thing if it is by the end it is said Diana was at peace with the situation so it's funny that others aren't. I still hope for a girl and I had coffee today with 2 ladies and I asked them what they thought and they both said they thought it was a girl too. As long the baby isn't called North they would be happy. LOL By the end of the week could mean Kate's due date is here or maybe she has visited the Dr and they have said it won't be long now she had a check up last week. That would give them some confidence in thinking it will be here this week.
Are there any pictures of the Queen pregnant? I know back in the old days women generally went into hiding but do we have any pictures of pregnant Princess Elizabeth or Queen Elizabeth? Just wondering I know it wasn't considered the thing to do back then my how things have changed.

It's going to be beautiful that baby Cambridge will grow up surround with a great deal of love from it's parents, grandfathers, grandmother & step-grandmother, uncles, aunt and great-grandparents. This baby will learn about it's late grandmother and how she was a funny, caring, beautiful and loving mother.

The baby will be loved, cared for and supported by family and that's what's important.

I just want this baby to come. At this point I couldn't care less if it is on Camilla's birthday or not. Although, the tabloids would go nuts if that were the case! It's all so silly! The 17th is my mom's birthday so I'd have nothing against the baby being born then. I'm still rooting for a little princess!

I don't care when the baby comes as long as it's soon. LOL Some will be happy and some won't be if he/she is born on the 17th. I don't think it's a bad thing if it is by the end it is said Diana was at peace with the situation so it's funny that others aren't. I still hope for a girl and I had coffee today with 2 ladies and I asked them what they thought and they both said they thought it was a girl too. As long the baby isn't called North they would be happy. LOL By the end of the week could mean Kate's due date is here or maybe she has visited the Dr and they have said it won't be long now she had a check up last week. That would give them some confidence in thinking it will be here this week.
Are there any pictures of the Queen pregnant? I know back in the old days women generally went into hiding but do we have any pictures of pregnant Princess Elizabeth or Queen Elizabeth? Just wondering I know it wasn't considered the thing to do back then my how things have changed.

There is a thread here with pictures that show Queen Elizabeth Pregnant.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/queen-elizabeth-pregnancy-photos-9116.html

Last edited:

Surely the granddaughter of Diana would be called Compass Rose, if we're going for a directional type name.

Sir Elton can get right on the maudlin lyrics.

It seems fine to me....but then that's what happened in my family.

My dad's parents divorced. Both re-married. My bio-grandfather died before I was born. I call my dad's step-dad (who he does not call dad) Grandpa. He couldn't be more my Grandpa to me than if I were blood-related. And he definitely doesn't treat us non-blood related grandchildren differently than his bio-grandchildren. We're ALL his grandkids.

That being said....I'm sure whatever William (and later Harry) does will be right for him and his family. Every family is different.

ETA- My cousins' kids are in a similar situation- only all the bio grandparents are alive. All it's meant is that they've had more people to call Granny and Grandpa.lol

I had a similar situation in my family my nieces stepbrother called my Mum and Dad his Grandparents and they when asked would include him in the tally of Grandkids they had. Noone thought any differently he was part of the family even though he had no blood link to my Mum and Dad. They still call him their first Grandson.

Im guessing it all depends on the existing relationships and Will and Harry seem close to Camilla and Charles seems close to her Grandchildren so I suspect that they will all get lumped together and treated the same by Camilla and Charles and be the "Grandkids".

If you look at Marys Dads partner she seems very hands on with Mary and Freds brood and it appears to be working out fine.

I would assume that she would be induced if the baby isn't born by the end of the week, usually mothers are at 40/41 weeks. If July 13 was her due date, the Duchess has entered her 40th week or so now. Therefore, yes we would expect a little Cambridge by the end of the week.

But we don't actually know that July 13th was the due date. That was just one tossed out by the media - there has never been an official due date.

If she was due on the 13th and they induce at 2 weeks overdue, she'd be induced in the 27th, but even that's not a guarantee that the baby would come on the 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom