Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the baby comes on the weekend so I can do baby watch and not have to worry about having to get up and go to work the next morning.

I know Charles has always wanted a little girl, which I find adorable-he did not get his daughter so a granddaughter would be extra special.

she will no doubt adore this child almost as if it was her own by blood. half the children in world should be as lucky to have the loving grandparents and greats this one will have.

With the abdication and inauguration in Belgium, it seems like it will be rather eventful weekend.

This baby will be surrounded by love.

I see people's are getting all wild up over the fact that Camilla referred to the fact that she referred to the baby as 'their' grandchild.

I do not see any reference by Camilla to a grandchild. Once again people are confusing journalistic paraphrasing with direct quotes. As far as I can see, this is the only direct quote:

‘We are all just waiting by the telephone. We are hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here.’

Last edited:
That's so silly. I really don't understand why people are upset. She will be that child's grandmother.

Here's video of Camilla saying the baby will hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Royal visit in Cornwall - ITV News

I agree! She will still be a grandmother to the child weather people's like it or not. Camilla will make a Good Grandma!

I think Diana would want Camilla to love the child and be a Great & caring Grandmother and do all the Grandmotherly things with Grandchild she will never Meet. The baby will most likely be Catherine mom more then Camilla.

See! That's all she said. The words "eagerly awaiting the birth of her grandchild" were spoken by a TV reporter in the voiceover.

Sometimes I think the media likes to toss in little comments that imply Camilla is taking Diana's space just so that people will misunderstand and think that Camilla (or another royal) made such a comment and the Internet explodes.

Basically they're giant trolls.

^Yeah, the media loves to do that.

I agree! She will still be a grandmother to the child weather people's like it or not. Camilla will make a Good Grandma!

I think Diana would want Camilla to love the child and be a Great & caring Grandmother and do all the Grandmotherly things with Grandchild she will never Meet. The baby will most likely be Catherine mom more then Camilla.

Yep. Unfortunately some are still stuck in the past and want to punish Camilla for things that transpired years ago. Camilla is now part of the family and will be in that child's life. Those folks will just have to learn to accept it.

Last edited:
the whole Diana worship boarders on bizarre and manic. she was beautiful and kind but also troubled and no angel. it's time to move on.

the whole Diana worship boarders on bizarre and manic. she was beautiful and kind but also troubled and no angel. it's time to move on.
Thank you, you've summed up my feeling on the subject exactly.

This is just my opinion, but when you label other people's behavior, it stimulates anger and defensiveness rather than real discussion. True discussion validates what other people say and feel, while sharing your own opinion and reasons for your opinion. It that way, we often find things we agree on and things upon which we respectfully disagree.
I understand that it feels good to vent, but if you vent on the issue rather than at the person posting it's much more like a forum of diverse opinions; it is more inclusive.
People won't move off of their love for Diana until they want to. Labeling people "manic" who adore her won't change their mind - it will just make them angry.
Plus, and again it is my opinion, but "manic" does not necessarily apply to hero worship. A little hero worship is good for the soul and keeps dreams alive.
Live the dream Diana lovers!
And I am off topic, again! :innocent:

This is just my opinion, but when you label other people's behavior, it stimulates anger and defensiveness rather than real discussion. True discussion validates what other people say and feel, while sharing your own opinion and reasons for your opinion. It that way, we often find things we agree on and things upon which we respectfully disagree.
I understand that it feels good to vent, but if you vent on the issue rather than at the person posting it's much more like a forum of diverse opinions; it is more inclusive.
People won't move off of their love for Diana until they want to. Labeling people "manic" who adore her won't change their mind - it will just make them angry.
Plus, and again it is my opinion, but "manic" does not necessarily apply to hero worship. A little hero worship is good for the soul and keeps dreams alive.
Live the dream Diana lovers!
And I am off topic, again! :innocent:

And Im off topic too, but although manic may not be a suitable adjective, the vitriol generated by some "hero worshippers" against Charles and Camilla is not healthy either. And I think blind "hero worship" can be dangerous and lead to cultism.

Back on topic - I'm going to Brussels this weekend and was v excited when I discovered about the abdication and inauguration, but it now looks like I might miss the birth. Mind you, that's nothing compared to how my other half looked when he realised he's missing most of the 2nd test and The Open! :lol:

It could be said the same about the opposite side. There is a reason why I don't visit the British forums all that much and I am a Diana fan. I don't like the idea that people who like and admire Diana are treated like they are crazy and delusional. I don't hate Charles and Camilla, I just think everyone on both sides handled things incorrectly. Also it has been over 10 years since everything happened we need to get past it.

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me. Then again it isn't really any of my or anyone else's business. I get the funny feeling that maybe the kid will be born on the 29th , that would be an interesting date.

I just hope I am up and able to stay up on the forums when it happens.

Last edited:
Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood. This child's grandparents are Charles and Diana and William and Harry of course will be painfully aware of their mum's absence even more so when their own children are born. It's not a matter of "moving on" for them in the sense thst some people here would appear to want it to be and William giving Kate his mother's engagement ring showed this. I have no doubt that both boys will continue to honour there mother's memory in every possible way for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood.

She will, I think, be delighted for Charles, but they must both be a little bit sad that they will never share any grandchildren.

I liked Diana but I am aware of her failings as it were. I am not a fan of Camilla and Charles due to the situation...but I don't hate them or wish them ill.

It's good that William and Harry were able to be happy for their father and that it is not a strained relationship..and I really don't think Charles would of married Camilla if the boys had objected. He is a good father.

I am sure William will be sad that his mother won't be there. Very bittersweet for him.

LaRae

Let's not bring the whole Camilla & Diana situation again. It's wrong to try to build one person up by tearing another down.

This forum is about baby Cambridge who will be loved by the whole family.

Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood. This child's grandparents are Charles and Diana and William and Harry of course will be painfully aware of their mum's absence even more so when their own children are born. It's not a matter of "moving on" for them in the sense thst some people here would appear to want it to be and William giving Kate his mother's engagement ring showed this. I have no doubt that both boys will continue to honour there mother's memory in every possible way for the rest of their lives.

Just because it is nothing to her by blood, doesn't mean the baby is nothing to Camilla. It is the grandchild of the man she has been in love wit for decades, married to for a decade.

Of course Will would wish his mother was there. But eventually people, even children, do move on. Not in the sense they forget her, but they don't have mommy haunting their every move either. Its okay to go on with life, marry and have kids, and be happy without constantly looking to the past.

Why would it dishonor their mother for Camilla to be a part? It doesn't take away from Diana in any way. They have accepted her for years as their father's wife, and made her a part of the family. Why would it be any different with the baby? Children can use all the love they can get.

I know from experience, blood means little to nothing, especially to kids. My Grandma is my Grandma, and if I hadn't noticed my mother called her by her name and not Mom, as she still called her father Dad, I would never have known till older. My mother's mother died when she was a child, and her father remarried ten years later. They were married for 30 years, until he died, and never had kids together. He had six with my bio grandmother and she had three from her first husband. To this day, even with five grandkids and three great-grandkids of her own blood, she doesn't treat any of my grandfather's 11 grandkids and soon to be 14 great grandchildren any different then her own.

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic...

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me.

See, people tend to forget that the baby will come into this world not knowing any of the hoopla that went on between his/her paternal grandparents by blood, and Camila, so in reality, if nothing was ever said, the child could easily say 'grandma' when thinking of Camila, because she'll be the the closest thing to that on his/hers father's side. We're the ones who bring our own baggage into the lives of our children, and hence, issues arise. I think that if this child feels like calling Camila 'grandma', it should be allowed. William, Harry, and Charles can still tell him/her about 'grandma Diana', and what a wonderful person she was. The fact is, that the child will be allowed to express feelings without feeling like he/she is betraying someone he/she has never met.

Countsmeout, that's great that you have a loving relationship among step-siblings and step grandparents in your family. Love is a great idea whose time has come! Camilla and Charles were unwise in earlier days, but she did say she was sorry, in public (and so did he) at the blessing of their marriage in church, after the civil ceremony. I watched that on TV and that's what I heard. You could always say it was lie...but in my opinion, intelligent sensitive people learn as they go on in life. It's just a shame that Diana, too, didn't get to "go on", remarry, live her life.

I apologize...maniac was a poor choice of words on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom