Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to bet that Catherine goes into labor during William's polo match?

Hey that might be the trick lol I was kind of hoping it was not born today because of the Mailonline saying it was the 13th was no confirmed.

I agree! I got excited for a bit when I saw it.

Warren created a forum for the birth of Baby Cambridge in anticipation.

Okay I see it now, I was on my phone so I didn't see it, I just got on Royal trough the iPhone Internet browser and now I see it.

I just subscribed to that thread!

The DM has carried out a survey regarding how William and Catherine should bring up the baby, whether royal duties play a part, william's work in the RAF etc.

Royal baby 'needs a stay-at-home mum': Don't have nanny, cut back on royal duties- and give Middletons greater role than Charles, Britons tell Kate | Mail Online

It looks daft to me. Examples
- cut back on royal duties, but when on a royal tour, take the baby
- take baby on royal tour, but dont have a nanny

I know about structuring surveys and I think they got the answers they wanted.

It is Now July 14th in the U.K and the last day of Week Two of Royal Baby Watch is Here. I do feel like the Birth is very close and near now! Everyday it get more exciting. I am always checking this forum and Twitter like ever 10-15 minutes now.

Last edited:
The news here in Australia this morning had one of the royal reporters - Jobson??? - and he said that his source inside the palace told him that the birth isn't imminent and that it could be later than we think.

I also remember that Carole has said that it will be a Leo - which is still 10 days or so away from beginning.

The DM has carried out a survey regarding how William and Catherine should bring up the baby, whether royal duties play a part, william's work in the RAF etc.

Royal baby 'needs a stay-at-home mum': Don't have nanny, cut back on royal duties- and give Middletons greater role than Charles, Britons tell Kate | Mail Online

It looks daft to me. Examples
- cut back on royal duties, but when on a royal tour, take the baby
- take baby on royal tour, but dont have a nanny

I know about structuring surveys and I think they got the answers they wanted.

I thought Catherine's last official duty was Trouping the Color on June 15th?

Grandparents should not have a say in how the baby is raised, that is up to the parents. I don't care if the baby is the future monarch, the days of everyone else deciding how that future monarch should be raised are over. I can see both sets of grandparents offering suggestions, but I don't think William and Catherine will allow the grandparents the kind of power the poll questions alluded to.

William and Kate are going to raise their baby their own way. Kate can't really take the next 10 years off to raise baby c. But she doesn't have to do 500 engagements a year . She can do 10 a month or so and still take care of baby c. I don't think that once baby c comes home it will passed off to a nanny. Someone will have to babysit from time to time, that could be housekeeper, auntie Pippa, uncles Harry & James or grandparents.

I would think that baby c will spend time with Mike and Carole and Charles and Camilla without Will & Kate. We have already seen the Cambridges spend time with Kate's family along with the royal family. It is easier for them to leave the baby with Kate's parents when they go on tours instead of with Charles because of his schedule. The baby is also going to spend time with the queen and prince Phillip as he/she gets a little bigger. Imagine August up in balmoral playing with the Phillips and Tindall cousins.

Lets get real. They are going to have a nanny. She isnt having a nursery nurse ( early stages only, Diana had one). But there will be a proper nanny which means the child will have consistency. Aunts,uncles and grandparents are not consistent, as they tend to spoil the child or have their own viewpoint. A child handed from one to another would have a miserable time.

This is NOT a normal child.

I can't find the new Baby Cambridge forum on my iPad... Can someone help?

"Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h As day 13 draws to an end I leave my American friends with all that's left to discuss...it's St like hint not Saint like faint. #StMarys" Twitter

Off topic, but I have to ask. Is Saint always sin/sint in Great Britain? I thought not. Is there any way to know what to use when? :eek:

And we have all discovered a new reason why we should be happy we are not paps. I have wondered if the press is, overall, gaining weight or losing it while on stake out. Or as they are are now calling it, on the Great Kate Wait. ;)

Last edited:
...Is Saint always sin/sint in Great Britain? I thought not. Is there any way to know what to use when?
I would say that when abreviated it is sint. I would say sintmary's. however.
, if it was Saint Mary's. then Id pronounce as written.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they will have a nanny but I think Kate and William will be very hands on and even with a nanny the baby can stay with their grandparents. I don't think Kate will be doing a heap of engagements once William leaves the RAF he will do more and they might do what Edward and Sophie did always make sure one parent was home as much as possible. I would think by now William and Kate know how they want the baby raised and will do it their own way. They don't need either set of Grandparents sticking their noses in. I think William will be a great dad he has such a natural way with kids like his mother did and then there is Uncle Harry who I think is going to adore this baby. The Great Kate Wait sounds good I wondered how long before they came up with a tag. LOL And yes the Daily Mail are saying Kate is now a day overdue. LOL

It is easier for them to leave the baby with Kate's parents when they go on tours instead of with Charles because of his schedule.

Michael & Carole Middleton work. Their jobs are not as high profile as Charles & Camilla but they still work and I'd bet that they work more than 40 hours a week. Yes, their company is based out of their home but I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House. The living quarters for the family are separate from the company work space. The idea that their schedule or office set-up somehow makes it easier to leave Baby C with them rather than Charles/Camilla is preposterous.

This child is going to have a nanny at some point. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing either - William had good relationships with his nannies, so I doubt he views it too negatively.

...I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House...
The difference is that they work not only 'from home' but 'at home'. Charles and Camilla regularly have to be outside the home and even in other towns etc so would need help in the home that wouldn't be needed in the Middleton home where the work is done.

It's the most practical thing for them to do. No reason why they can't have a nanny and still be hands on parents. Diana was. As some stage they will have events or things they need to be at and a nanny will be essential. William had a couple of good nannies and he would know it would be needed. You can't really rely on the Grandparents both sets work and have their own lives. I won't be surprised if Kate gives birth on the 17th just a feeling I'm getting....

I think a nanny would probably be helpful in the "art" of raising a royal... My youngest was throwing a huge tantrum earlier tonight. I wondered what would happen with a "spirited" royal baby. This kid is going to have to really behave well in public, etc. A nanny could really help with that. I vaguely remember some of Williams's adventures as a young boy... (mischievous at Sarah and Andrews wedding, running around at a family photo sitting). He obviously grew into a very composed, admirable young man. I think his parents, as well as nanny(s) ad largely to thank for that.

They will have a nanny or two but I can see both Will and Kate being very hands on. Perhaps we will see a lot of the Middleton's with the grandchild. You know I don't remember seeing any pics of Will and harry with their grandparents. (Spencers). There probably are pics but I don't think I have ever seen any. Of course we have seen them with their aunts and uncle.

I like the idea of waiting until the child is born to name it.

I think his parents, as well as nanny(s) ad largely to thank for that.

I give the credit to the people who really raised him - the boarding schools he was at from the age of 8.

The schools, and particularly his peers, had far more to do with how he grew up than any adults (having been at a boarding school I can assure you it is the peers who have the most influence as they are the ones there all the time unlike the teachers/housemasters etc).

All of this brouhaha because the expected due date has passed. I know of very few instances where the due date is when the baby arrives.

Both of my nieces were later than expected. One was due March 18 but not born until March 30. The other was due June 6; as it turned out, that was the day of my father's funeral. She did not come into the world until June 19.

As has been said before, the baby will come when he or she is ready.

My first baby was due April 3. For some reason, I was convinced the birth would be early - occurring on March 21 - the Vernal Equinox. I guess I had that romantic idea because I had married on the Summer Solstice.

Well, he didn't arrive until April 16... Such a long wait from March 21. ;-)

I give the credit to the people who really raised him - the boarding schools he was at from the age of 8.
You make a good point! I forgot he was at boarding school so young...I wonder if William and Catherine will follow that tradition.

No one knows the due date! That was never confirmed and was just a rumor. It had always been Mid July not the 11th or 13th, There was never a official Due Date!

My cousin and his wife's third baby was due on October 10th 2008 (Thanksgiving weekend) but she didn't come until the 20th. My aunt went up to Ottawa (a 6-hour drive from Welland, where she and my uncle live) for the birth; she got so tired of waiting that she came home!

Grrr...We will be w/out power here for most of the day due to Hydro Ontario doing some sort of work to the system. It's supposed to be off from around 8 am to 1 pm, but it wouldn't be the first time the power wasn't back on when they said it would be too, so I'm prepared for it to be off longer. As I said to Mom tonight, just watch...It'll come back on and the baby will be here, meaning missing the fun of a Royal Baby Watch around here...Again!!

I was just about to head from my Sister's to the train station last February to head down to Toronto for a medical appt, did one last check here and sure enough, Victoria was in the hospital in labour. I just have a feeling that's about to happen again. Darn it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom