Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not seeing where I put my initials to create a royal name. How do I Do it?

I don't think it works if you're using a mobile device. There's supposed to be a generator app to plug your initials into, but I can't seem to see it on my phone.

I'm Grand Empress Victoria of the River. You have no idea how appropriate that is!!! :)

I'm Grand Empress Henrietta of Fog House. LOL Why would William take leave now it could be a couple of weeks before Kate gives birth. Of course he would know the actual due date and it's possible he is just there for the weekend. I would think he would take the time off once the baby is actually here.

Countess Godiva the Allusive. Thanks all the same, but I think I'll keep my current screen name.

So my 'hunch' of the 11th was wrong. Ah well, I guess predictions aren't my long suit. So I'll just sit back and wait with everyone else. Best of luck to Catherine (& William) for a peaceful and easy delivery, free from intrusion and paparazzi.

I guess we'll be playing games here whiling away the time until the big news is broadcast; anyone up for a game of pinochle and a bottle of whiskey?:D

Yes! (Raising hoof)

Ish and Brazilian Empire will join in. They're good eggs.

Regarding those royal names; Baroness of Books here told me last week I was the Giraffe Mistress of the Nursery Balloons.

If William's time off really is limited, it might be that Kate will be induced early next week if she doesn't deliver this weekend. Just a thought....

If William's time off really is limited, it might be that Kate will be induced early next week if she doesn't deliver this weekend. Just a thought....

There are no exception for the birth of his child? I mean, he can't leave for it? He does have the helicopter. It would be sad if she had to be induced because William can't get time off of work! That is not fair to her. Just my feeling.

I'll play well I will drink the whiskey with you. LOL They usually only induce if your really late. I would love for he or she to come this weekend. Although I would love to see Harry and William at Polo.

Yes! (Raising hoof)

Ish and Brazilian Empire will join in. They're good eggs.

I like whiskey!

I can't play the royal name generator until I get home and use a PC, but I'm definitely down for the whiskey.

There are no exception for the birth of his child? I mean, he can't leave for it? He does have the helicopter. It would be sad if she had to be induced because William can't get time off of work! That is not fair to her. Just my feeling.

William is set to get paternity leave off, and as it's been reported that he's planning on being there for the birth which kind of implies that if she goes into labour he's able to leave work/not go in to work.

His paternity leave isn't all that long though, so if he's on leave now and it's still another 2 weeks before the baby comes then he's not actually going to get any time with the baby before going back to work. It could just be that he's up in London not on leave but because he has the weekend off in general. Or he could be taking some vacation time off before the birth, and paternity leave after the birth. Without an official source we don't really know.

Just conducted a Twitter search. The Twitterers have grown so twittery at this point, they'll literally tweet anything now. They could use a shot or two of whiskey themselves. But my favorite, my absolute favorite tweet thus far is this:

"Kate has gone into labour, or as the Mail would have it, has started to shed her baby weight." :lol:

Yay, come join my whiskey and card party! Maybe someone can rouse us from our stupor when the real fireworks begin.:lol: I think the Twits need to chillax; maybe I'll send them over a couple of bottles.

Last edited:
I'm ready for that drink and I don't usually imbibe. Oh well it is never too late to start.

Whiskey and cards with the Baroness until the little Leo is born on August 1? Well I'm Irish and on summer vacation; I'm up for it. Slainte!

Whiskey and cards with the Baroness until the little Leo is born on August 1? Well I'm Irish and on summer vacation; I'm up for it. Slainte!

I'm well stocked for the long haul, so no chance of running dry. I'm shuffling the cards and pouring shots as we speak. Cin-cin!:D

Last edited:
Good heavens!

Great Lady Poinsetta of the Highlands

This made me think of 'Keeping Up Appearances' and all the flower-related names. What a hoot :ROFLMAO:.

Yay, come join my whiskey and card party! Maybe someone can rouse us from our stupor when the real fireworks begin.:lol: I think the Twits need to chillax; maybe I'll send them over a couple of bottles.

Oh, do count me in. I'll gladly partake In the festivities while waiting for the big moment. Nothing like a nice shot of whiskey, a card game, and good company :D.

....It could just be that he's up in London not on leave but because he has the weekend off in general. Or he could be taking some vacation time off before the birth, and paternity leave after the birth. Without an official source we don't really know.

Yes. And once again, isn't William scheduled for a polo game Saturday or Sunday?

Last edited:
Oh, do count me in. I'll gladly partake In the festivities while waiting for the big moment. Nothing like a nice shot of whiskey, a card game, and good company :D.

Great, the more the merrier to imbibe in my Baby Bottle stash and have a few rounds of cards while we're waiting for the great event!

Yes. And once again, isn't William scheduled for a polo game Saturday or Sunday?

Yup, Sunday. I would assume his participation would be cancelled if labour starts before then, but it does give a good reason (beyond Catherine being there) for him to weekend in London without being on leave yet.

I'm going for Monday, 15 July.

Other Royals who share the '15th'.

Princess Michael of Kent - 15 January, 1945
Zara Tindall - 15th May, 1981
Princess Anne - 15 August, 1950
Prince Harry (Henry) 15 September, 1984
Sarah, Duchess of York - 15 October, 1959
Peter Phillips - 15 November, 1977

Wow I never realised there were so many 15th babies. I think it's funny that Anne, Peter and Zara all got born on the fifteenth of a month. LOL Plent of time for baby C to be born on that date.

I don't think she will give birth today (her due date)... I'm guessing 19th or even later like 23-25

The Grand Dame Pinky The Mostly Victorious also called Grand Princess Wanda The Mostly Victorious (which might be me) thinks, all this babyguessing is fruitless - we just have to wait and see ;)

Yeah but if we keep guessing everyday eventually we will be right. LOL Can you imagine how bored the press pack are by now? I'm betting they all hope it's soon.

Yeah but if we keep guessing everyday eventually we will be right. LOL Can you imagine how bored the press pack are by now? I'm betting they all hope it's soon.

From what I hear the coffee shop across the road from the hospital won't mind it if is another month or more as they are apparently doing a roaring trade in lattes and croissants etc:D which means that those people who say the royals contribute nothing to the economy don't realise that ways that they do do so - such as lattes and croissants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom