Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get very excited when a royal baby is set to arrive!
Yet I think Catherine is still very relaxed at home, probably sitting on her sofa, watching TV and drinking some Tea:D

No no deposed royals please. It will not bring any positive responses. And technically, they are more British than Greek, since a few years (decades).Moreover, Norwegian RF is as close as Greek RF to BRF. Princess Anne is Haakon's godmother, and Charles is also very close to them.
If William and Catherine are close to the Greek Royal Family and are attached to them, I see no problem why they would choose one of them to be godparent of their child, and very likely to be Crown Prince Pavlos.
In my opinion the Greek are far more close to the British than the Norwegian.

As far as I know:
Crown Prince Pavlos (Prince Charles as godparent)
Princess Theodora (QEII as godparent)
Prince Phillippos (Princess Diana as godparent)
Prince William (King Constantine II as godparent)
Princess Maria-Olympia (again Prince Charles as godparent)
Prince Constantine Alexios (Prince William as godparent)

Theoretically the godparents are to contribute to the moral upbringing of the baby. I would choose, therefore, some stable steady people like the Gloucesters as godparents, but maybe Richard and Birgitte are too old to be "on board" as the child grows. therefore, I would possibly choose one of Richard's children as godparent. Of course the Wessex's fall into the same category, and are not too old to be "on board" as the child grows. Haakon would be good in that he is of the younger, although not very young generation. The children of the Duke of Kent could provide good godparents, that is, George and Helen. I suppose that they would not have Catholic godparents like Lord Nicholas Windsor? It would be a nice ecumenical touch if they could include people like that, or even George of Kent's Catholic wife (is he referred to as Earl of Ulster or something? Peter Phillips, good choice, young, stable as far as we know, and from Anne's family, who should be honored. From the Middletons I suppose Michael or Carole are the stable ones so far. From the Spencers, the sisters of Diana or their offspring. Harry--not yet wholly stablized, but he is Uncle Harry.

:previous: We have a name and godparents thread.

I agree, That what I was just thinking, How did This thread turn into names and godparents thread? There is a thread for that.

Everytime a email show up on my phone felling me that is there a new post to this thread I keep thinking (or hoping) that Catherine has gone into Labor and is at he hospital about to give birth or other news like that. Just come on here and it be a name guess or godparents prediction.

Sorry Royalistbert. Maybe someone can transfer my post to the name and godparents thread. I don't know how to do it. Lacking nerdly skills. I type fast, but that's it.

Again it could just be prank people out for a joke but Twitter has been busy the last few minutes. A Kate lookalike was posing for photos at Kensington Palace when an ambulance arrived. Shortly after someone tweeted to say security had been increased outside St Mary's.

Again it could just be prank people out for a joke but Twitter has been busy the last few minutes. A Kate lookalike was posing for photos at Kensington Palace when an ambulance arrived. Shortly after someone tweeted to say security had been increased outside St Mary's.

Is it just me or does it seem like that everyday this week around this time (10:00pm-1200am London) the Twitter Rumors about Catherine being in labor or at the hospital start?

I heard on the news this morning that there will be an official announcement that she is in labour when she is actually in the hospital and that until then everything is speculation.

I heard on the news this morning that there will be an official announcement that she is in labour when she is actually in the hospital and that until then everything is speculation.

So let's wait for that official announcement.

:flowers:

Somehow, I don't think they'd be so obvious as to take Kate to the hospital in an ambulance.

It is now July 13th in the U.K. The Unconfirmed/Unofficial date that Mailonline made up and other People's, Journalists and websites took their words for it when it was never confirmed!

Giving birth is very stressful for some women and I am thinking how stressful it can be when all your country and part of the world are wainting for the birth. Fortunatelly giving birth to a boy it's not a obligation nowadays.

If the Baby is Born tomorrow The Media will be saying that the baby was born on it Die Date.

Who said that her due date was tomorrow-July 13th? It has Never been the 13th. Her due date may have been the 10th for all you know, It has only ever been mid July.

Also as someone said above, Doctors they won't let Catherine go 42 Weeks.
Most babies are born early.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know if the due date is tomorrow.The Daily Mail started this rumour.
The Duchess and other official sources only said "mid-July".

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as their baby is born healthy....Long live the Monarchy!

I guess we'll be playing games here whiling away the time until the big news is broadcast; anyone up for a game of pinochle and a bottle of whiskey?:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom