Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so fast to book baby C's ticket for down under yet. When Charles and Diana took William to Australia and New Zealand, it was a 6 week tour and William spent most of it at a sheep ranch with his nanny. Today, they don't do tours of that length anymore plus the schedule is pretty packed with activities for the touring royals. Also people will complain for the extra cost of taking the baby since you have to bring someone to watch baby c plus extra security. I think baby c would stay with Mike and Carole with daily Skype call to his/her parents.

Charles and Diana went to Canada in that same year and left William at home missing his 1st birthday so maybe it wasn't a great ideal to take him in the first place.

I'm guessing the Cambridge's will do an overseas tour at some point next year. I really don't see them leaving the baby behind personally. They'll do whatever they have to do to get the job done but I really think they'll take the baby along. I think it would make sense for them (as a family) and it would be better PR wise. Unless William do a tour alone and leave Catherine and the baby behind but I think they work as a team so...

Just to add a video of Princess Elizabeth's (The Queen) birth announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ifEnLoUVg

Last edited:
I think if there is a tour they will bring the baby with them. No reason why they shouldn't. And William spent time with Diana and Charles they had time off during the tour and he wasn't always at the sheep station. They went to him or he went to them. It's just a baby and the nanny and security get paid whether they leave the country or not so it's a pretty hollow argument. The Australian tour was pretty long that was why they bought William and the tour of Canada was pretty short and it was considered too disruptive to take him along. It will be spring which is generally cooler then Summer so the baby should be fine he or she should be walking by then so lot's of fun. Hope the baby is here soon or it's going to be a long July. LOL

Last edited:
and a child born via a surrogate does not have two biological parents who are married.

I'm sorry, but that's utterly preposterous. You can't say that with any degree of certainty whatsoever. There are a plethora of reasons why a couple would choose surrogacy. If, for some reason, there was a problem with Catherine's uterus and she couldn't carry a baby to term, yet she could produce healthy eggs, an embryo would be created and implanted into a surrogate's womb, and that child would be the biological offspring of the Duke and Duchess....and last I checked, they're a married couple. As long as the kid's DNA matches its parents, it really doesn't matter what vagina it comes out of. The bloodlines are what count.

The baby could come at anytime and any day now. I'm just being patient and keeping an eye on the news and official tweets.

I'm sorry, but that's utterly preposterous. You can't say that with any degree of certainty whatsoever. There are a plethora of reasons why a couple would choose surrogacy. If, for some reason, there was a problem with Catherine's uterus and she couldn't carry a baby to term, yet she could produce healthy eggs, an embryo would be created and implanted into a surrogate's womb, and that child would be the biological offspring of the Duke and Duchess....and last I checked, they're a married couple. As long as the kid's DNA matches its parents, it really doesn't matter what vagina it comes out of. The bloodlines are what count.

Before you attack someone and say that they're being preposterous, perhaps you should read the rest of the conversation that happened (really, it was only 2 additional posts that happened pretty quickly).

I already addressed this, but I'll say it again. Personally I believe that if a married couple who stands to inherit a title or throne conceive or carry a child through artificial means (using invitro or surrogacy or what not), so long as the parent through whom the line descends is contributing genetic material, the child should be able to inherit. However, as has been pointed out, it's all rather murky and various laws of succession do not take into consideration artificial means of conception. It's kind of a bit more complicated then "you two are married and your child has genetic material from both of you, so it doesn't matter whose vagina he/she popped out of."

It's very likely that if a married royal wanted to have a child via a surrogate - especially someone in the direct line - then the laws of succession would have to be altered in order to make it clear that such a child - so long as they have the royal genes - is eligible to be in the succession, and as the current attempt to change the succession act for the BRF has shown that's not exactly a quick process.

Well, we have certainly come a long way from the cryptic "HRH will not be undertaking any royal engagements for the foreseeable future..." :whistling:

Before you attack someone and say that they're being preposterous, perhaps you should read the rest of the conversation that happened (really, it was only 2 additional posts that happened pretty quickly).

I already addressed this, but I'll say it again. Personally I believe that if a married couple who stands to inherit a title or throne conceive or carry a child through artificial means (using invitro or surrogacy or what not), so long as the parent through whom the line descends is contributing genetic material, the child should be able to inherit. However, as has been pointed out, it's all rather murky and various laws of succession do not take into consideration artificial means of conception. It's kind of a bit more complicated then "you two are married and your child has genetic material from both of you, so it doesn't matter whose vagina he/she popped out of."

It's very likely that if a married royal wanted to have a child via a surrogate - especially someone in the direct line - then the laws of succession would have to be altered in order to make it clear that such a child - so long as they have the royal genes - is eligible to be in the succession, and as the current attempt to change the succession act for the BRF has shown that's not exactly a quick process.

I don't see any need for the laws to be changed. Since invitro did not exist when the laws were written, it could not be included or excluded. The point the poster was making, is the baby could have the genes of BOTH parents. Surrogacy does not mean the surrogate's eggs are being used. Kate's eggs and Will's sperm could be mixed in a dish, put in a surrogate, and the baby would be 100% their baby. The baby would have Kate as a mother, Will as a father, and the couple are married. The laws don't state the baby has to come out of Kate's body, just that it has to be the child of both Kate and Will.

I don't see any need for the laws to be changed. Since invitro did not exist when the laws were written, it could not be included or excluded. The point the poster was making, is the baby could have the genes of BOTH parents. Surrogacy does not mean the surrogate's eggs are being used. Kate's eggs and Will's sperm could be mixed in a dish, put in a surrogate, and the baby would be 100% their baby. The baby would have Kate as a mother, Will as a father, and the couple are married. The laws don't state the baby has to come out of Kate's body, just that it has to be the child of both Kate and Will.

Ah, but it's more complicated than that.

For starters, surrogacy can involve the surrogate's eggs and William's sperm. Or it could involve Catherine's eggs, William's sperm, and a surrogate's womb. Even saying that's the case, it's still trickier than it might seem.

According to gov.uk the legal mother of a child born via surrogacy is the surrogate, even if she is not a biological parent. Also according to gov.uk the legal father is the surrogate's spouse, not the biological father, although according to a surrogacy UK site the legal father can be the biological father if you put it down on the birth certificate. Which basically means that at birth the best case scenario is that legally a child born via a surrogacy is genetically the child of William and Catherine but legally the illegitimately born child of William and the surrogate. The legal rights then have to be transferred from the surrogate to William and Catherine.

While a married couple may be biologically the parents of a child born via surrogate, legally it's a lot more complicated. And when you add in succession laws that say that only individuals of certain descent born in wedlock are eligible to inherit, it makes it even more complicated. It's not as simple as William and Catherine are married and they mix their DNA together and have another woman pop the baby out of her vagina so it (the baby, not the vagina) can rule the world.

Well thankfully conception doesn't appear to be a problem for W&K. Once baby c comes, there will be less pressure to produce the spare now that the Tindall's baby is coming up next.

I don't ivf would be a problem for royals because you can keep that part secret. The surrogate seems to a different kettle of fish, you have people who still think Harry is James Hewitt son and Andrew is Lord Porchester's . It seems any royal baby near to throne would have to come out of the female royal/royal wife just to stop people from making claims against it.

Up until Charles birth, the Home Secretary had to witness royal births to make sure no body snuck in a replacement baby in case the royal baby died. I imagine baby c will have some baby tracker on him or her at all times sort like baby LoJack. I wonder if Lupo has a similar thing?( I was touring Kensington Palace last yr the day the Cambridges were in Scotland for the Thistle service outside in the gardens was a black cocker spaniel tied to a bench with its leash. I took its picture and claimed to my family back home it was Lupo. Hopefully is wasn't. )

LOL A baby LoJack. Funny. My niece rang me to ask if the baby was here yet I said nope not even in labour. I got a groan she lost a bet with her grandmother. LOL AS someone else said push Kate push.....

I wonder how long will it last until the reporters have no ideas for news titles to wait until the baby is born!

Royal baby hype swelling - TV News Video | TVNZ

Def. got the impression that the dailymail date of July 13 is a few days off...which doesn't mean it won't be born any day now...it just I think confirms that july 13 isn't it. which leads me to guess that the real due date is probably between july 16-18.

Once Kate Middleton gives birth, the Duchess of Cambridge could be taking the advice of some local moms.
"I learned that Princess Di breast fed her two sons, and I thought what a great legacy if Kate Middleton or the Duchess of Cambridge could follow in her footsteps," said Singleton.
They seem to be talking about two different people here. :ermm:

LOL Yes they seem a little confused. Kate probably will breast feed if she can. Not all women can and I hate the pressure they can be put under. Sometimes the bottle is the best option for the baby. I'm sure the press have a whole heap of headlines and puns still under their hats. LOL The press pack seems to have gotten bigger and bigger so they are expecting it sooner rather then later. Little Baby C could be here anytime only thing we know for sure is he or she will be born in July. LOL

Homme; said:
The Duchess of Cambridge is due to have a baby any time soon but will it be a boy or a girl, and what name will Kate and William choose?
Media from around the world have gathered outside the private Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital, London, where the baby is expected to be born.
BBC's Jon Kay has joined the crowds of media who are waiting for the announcement to happen.

I love this. Instead of the media reporting on crowds, the media is reporting on crowds of media. Wonder how they like it!

Well thankfully conception doesn't appear to be a problem for W&K. Once baby c comes, there will be less pressure to produce the spare now that the Tindall's baby is coming up next.)[/QUOTE]

Why would there be less pressure (from media) to produce a spare with the Tindall's having a child? Zara will be 15th in line to succession after William's child is born, placing her child as 16th in line. Her children have nothing to do with producing a "spare" in the event something happened to this child. Zara will only move further down the line of succession as time goes on as will her children. At this point, Harry is still the "spare" and will remain so until they have more children.

Cambridge baby

Personally I dont' understand all this fuss around Kate's deliver... i mean... I?m anxious too and I look forward to hearing the news... But we are sure just of one thing: JULY! I still have doubts of "mid-july"... for me this baby will come late and I hope in early august! just in spite of paparazzi!:)

Twitter is buzzing with rumours more than before but no official confirmation yet. Apparently the Court has denied the rumours.

Last edited:
All I can think of right now is that if this child had any inkling whatsoever about the level of interest that has been focused on it since its conception, he/she would dig in it heels, find the most comfortable spot and opt to stay where its nice and cozy as long as possible. This is probably the last time the golden child will ever have a true moment of privacy in its life and its not even born yet. :D

All I can think of right now is that if this child had any inkling whatsoever about the level of interest that has been focused on it since its conception, he/she would dig in it heels, find the most comfortable spot and opt to stay where its nice and cozy as long as possible. This is probably the last time the golden child will ever have a true moment of privacy in its life and its not even born yet. :D

I was just thinking the other day that the Media was a lot more respectable back when the Queen gave birth to her First Child. And The Queen was Heir Presumptive and Charles was Second in line and in direct line for the throne.

Also there was a discussion going on just recently on Twitter about whether the media and the level of interest is more intense surrounding this birth then the birth of Prince William? Some said it was a lot more intense before and when William was Born then it is now.

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling 9m
Dear followers, I am at the #Lindo wing and, rest assured, #Kate has not gone into labour. #Limbowing #falsealarm #royalbaby

There was a great deal of interest for royal births for a long time. Technology has been upgraded but the interest has always been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom