Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of anticipation in Demark before the twins' arrival 2 and a half years ago. they did manage to make it to the hospital without photographers catching them.

British Royals get a lot more press and much more famous then any other royal family in Europe and the world. Some people's don't even know thay Denmark had a Queen or even a royal Family.

You would think they'd be sensible enough to go about their daily business instead of planning what could may well be a month long stakeout. All this just to be "there" as Kate checks into the hospital. Then the REAL waiting begins!

Only thing that would surprise me more is if they would have erected them newfangled mobile hotels around the perimeters of the hospital (I think they were used for the Windsor Horse Show?) for comfort of the news crews.

I'd really be laughing if Kate and William have a plan in action to get her into the hospital without anyone being the wiser. Y'know... like in the back of a laundry van going to the service entrance etc. :ROFLMAO:

We and the media in general feed this. They show up and camp out and then they become the news story - I bet this was on the BBC tonight. And heaven knows I brought this up - but honestly I do hope for days and days of rain on these poor media sots as they await THE MOMENT. I'm not cruel - but I figure if I have endured it on a camping vacation - I can wish it on others. :lol:
QUOTE They know what's happening. They knew the moment Kate got pregnant. They know the drill. QUOTE Well, maybe not the MOMENT she got pregnant (yech!)

Last edited:
Well unless she has had it and it hasn't been announced yet she has avoided the 1st as according to me it has just turned into the 2nd in London (9.01 a.m. 2nd here in Sydney).

Well unless she has had it and it hasn't been announced yet she has avoided the 1st as according to me it has just turned into the 2nd in London (9.01 a.m. 2nd here in Sydney).
Your correct it's now the 2nd. She avoided it.

No baby on the birthday of Saint Diana.....something must have gone wrong.
Next time, Willie, perhaps.

The press could be in for a long wait officially it isn't due until the 11th but of course we got stories Kate might have fibbed like Diana did so it could come July 3. They are being paid to sit there so they probably don't care. Have we ever seen a Royal go into hospital in labour? I don't think we have William and Kate will have had arrangements made and probably go in the back door or a side door. No doubt someone will tip off the press when she is in labour. I will admit first thing I thought when I woke up is I better check and see if Kate has gone into labour. LOL I think at this stage of her pregnancy she would just want it over. Is William on leave yet does anyone know? I think the Wiki thing is OTT they should wait till he/she is actually here. I wont be surprised if it's a little brunette girl I think that would be lovely with big blue eyes. We will see soon enough! Just a little thing that kind of bugs me Charles is a Grandfather he is a step Grandfather and I know it isn't the same but I wonder how the grandchildren he has feel about being ignored. Camillas children have kids so I just wondered what they call him. This one will be his first biological Grandchild so of course will be special but I do get a little sad for the grandkids he has already it's like they don't exist.

The press could be in for a long wait officially it isn't due until the 11th but of course we got stories Kate might have fibbed like Diana did so it could come July 3. They are being paid to sit there so they probably don't care. Have we ever seen a Royal go into hospital in labour? I don't think we have William and Kate will have had arrangements made and probably go in the back door or a side door. No doubt someone will tip off the press when she is in labour. I will admit first thing I thought when I woke up is I better check and see if Kate has gone into labour. LOL I think at this stage of her pregnancy she would just want it over. Is William on leave yet does anyone know? I think the Wiki thing is OTT they should wait till he/she is actually here. I wont be surprised if it's a little brunette girl I think that would be lovely with big blue eyes. We will see soon enough! Just a little thing that kind of bugs me Charles is a Grandfather he is a step Grandfather and I know it isn't the same but I wonder how the grandchildren he has feel about being ignored. Camillas children have kids so I just wondered what they call him. This one will be his first biological Grandchild so of course will be special but I do get a little sad for the grandkids he has already it's like they don't exist.

Um... no it's not like they don't exist. I imagine he enjoys quite a warm relationship with them- anyone can see that from how affectionate he was with little Eliza Lopes during the wedding.

They're just private citizens, not public ones, so they're not a part of his public life except on very special occasions, like William and Kate's wedding.

On the whole, I imagine they have it a bit better. Wealth and family connections without growing up in a fishbowl.

I haven't seen Charles with Camilla's grandchildren, except when he held Eliza on the balcony at the wedding. I think he considers William & Catherine's baby as his first grandchild and he likes to express this an official events and even in his speeches.

I haven't seen Charles with Camilla's grandchildren, except when he held Eliza on the balcony at the wedding. I think he considers William & Catherine's baby as his first grandchild and he likes to express this an official events and even in his speeches.

And that's fair too. After all, Andrew Parker-Bowles is their grandfather, and I'm sure Charles has no desire to interfere with that relationship.

All in all, they seem to be a happy, healthy blended family.

Yeah, Camilla's grandchildren already have a grandfather. Right now, it's Charles's turn to be a granddad and I think he will make a great grandpa.

I'm just excited that the big month is finally here. The baby can come at anytime and I'm looking forward to the coverage and the pictures. I must say that I'm a fan of the Cambridge's and It's amazing to see them come this far and about to welcome their first child. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

No one said it was due the 11th. That date was never confirmed and is not official.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden enter Karolinska University Hospital via Helicopter?

A Royal Baby:
The whole world is watching as Britain's Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, become parents for the first time-
A Royal Baby - CBS News

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 4h
#royal It took 7 days to name #William. 2 wks to name Princess 'Beatrice'. 1month to name #Charles - William & Kate's baby? 24hrs I reckon

#royal #kate Diana's middle name: Frances. Michael Middleton's middle name: Francis. Kate's great great great grandmother: Frances. A #clue?

Last edited:
A Royal Baby:
The whole world is watching as Britain's Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, become parents for the first time-
A Royal Baby - CBS News

#royal It took 7 days to name #William. 2 wks to name Princess 'Beatrice'. 1month to name #Charles - William & Kate's baby? 24hrs I reckon

#royal #kate Diana's middle name: Frances. Michael Middleton's middle name: Francis. Kate's great great great grandmother: Frances. A #clue?

Elizabeth and Philip knew that if it was a boy, he would be Charles Philip Arthur George.

There was a lot of anticipation in Demark before the twins' arrival 2 and a half years ago. they did manage to make it to the hospital without photographers catching them.

really hope the same thing happen to William and Kate :flowers::flowers:

A big difference though is that the twins were already on their way to minor royal status being 4th and 5th in line (Andrew and Beatrice's positions in the UK) while Baby C will be 3rd, forcing Harry to 4th and a future monarch.

Just a little thing that kind of bugs me Charles is a Grandfather he is a step Grandfather and I know it isn't the same but I wonder how the grandchildren he has feel about being ignored. Camillas children have kids so I just wondered what they call him. This one will be his first biological Grandchild so of course will be special but I do get a little sad for the grandkids he has already it's like they don't exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered to be a grandfather to Camilla's grandchildren, just like I wouldn't be surprised if APB's second wife had been considered a grandmother to the grandchildren prior to her death. This is a family that's always seemed to get along well, despite infertility (on all parts) and divorce. Plus it's easier for kids to remember; this is Grandpa Andrew, this is Grandpa Charles, this is Grandpa (whatever grandfathers they have on the other side of the family). The kid isn't disadvantaged by it, and it isn't infringing on any one individual's position, it's making room for everyone.

Despite that, though, I think it's probably best if people continue to forget about Camilla's grandchildren and Charles' role in their life, because it kind of draws attention away from the role that Camilla has in Charles' grandchildren's life. Whatever role Camilla takes on is a decision between her, William, and Catherine, but it's undoubtable that regardless of how they decide to approach it (if she's called Grandma or something else) there will be people who are offended. In referring to Charles as a new grandparent to be, and leaving Camilla and her grandchildren out of the equation, they're basically ensuring that Camilla's role is a private one, determined by the family.

Yes it's probably for the best they stay out of it, I would be pretty shocked if he wasn't already called Grandpa Charles or whatever. It is a common thing these days and normal. Some people aren't going to like whatever Camilla get's called but it's the same thing with her she is a step grandparent and really the baby is only going to know her as a Grandmother. I'm sure we will hear what Charles and the Middletons will be called.They probably have the names ready and I hope we know it pretty quickly just so we don't get days of endless speculation. I am glad a name like North isn't an option! July 11 of course was never official but it is the date I have seen reported many times on the birth. One thing about babies is they will come when they come.......it could be a long July. LOL

The waity for Katie | The Sun |News

THE world’s media gather yesterday at the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge is due to give birth — TWO WEEKS from now.

The SUN Newspaper are sticking their necks out with a July 15 delivery! I don't see this baby coming any time before that myself. In fact, any time after the 15th sounds about right.

Is there any back entrance to the Lindo Wing?? The main entrance doesn't seem like a good option for Kate in labor... Maybe she will go to the hospital in some private car couple days prior due date and wait there for actual action?

I'd love to see a girl named Georgiana, Charlotte, Alexandrina or Victoria :)

Is there any back entrance to the Lindo Wing?? The main entrance doesn't seem like a good option for Kate in labor... Maybe she will go to the hospital in some private car couple days prior due date and wait there for actual action?

I'd love to see a girl named Georgiana, Charlotte, Alexandrina or Victoria :)

If her waters haven't broken I see no real reason for her to spend, potentially weeks, in hospital just to hide from the press. They've clearly chosen St Mary's because it's dealt with royal births before.

I always thought she was due about July 13-17, and if this is the case, she is 38 weeks this week, and baby could arrive at any time. Those signs at the hospital re the parking bays probably went up after consult with the palace and the obstetrician things could happen any time now after medical checks. But even so, some babies still decide to hang around inside for a few more weeks.

I think the baby will arrive any day now. The baby could arrive in the early morning, noon or night. If I was a photographer or any other member of the press, I would be getting my spot at the hospital ready now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom