Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly want baby Cambridge to be a boy, and if it's a girl then it's fine too, I can't wait to see what they're name it ^-^

Girl Names:
Victoria
Elizabeth
Sarah
Alexandra

Boy Names:
Alexander
Peter
Michael
James

I have my fingers crossed for a Princess Alexandra! That is my middle name, but that aside I just love the name. I really like Elizabeth though, so that would be awesome too, and it would have a lot of meaning for them. I just hope we get to see that baby soon. I go nuts every time I get an update on my phone from Twitter!

I'm rooting for. princess Alexandra, too!!

My Final prediction

For a Girl:
Elizabeth- My First vote for first name if not then as a middle name
Victoria- My Second vote for first name but I could see Victoria as a middle name if it not the first
Mary
Alexandria

For a Boy:
George
Edward
William
Philip

I was thinking that a Henry IX would be interesting but I don't think any Royal Baby (who is the heir) will ever be named Henry again not anytime soon anyway.

LOL! This is funny! People are thinking that the fact that Charles said that a toy train could be used as a toy for his grandchild means it will be a boy. I'm sure girls can play with toy trains too. The speculation is so funny. I'm still rooting for a girl.

Prince Charles gives strongest hint yet that grandchild will be a boy after gift of model bus - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Oh goodness. I always hate that- people choosing what toys and colors a child should like based solely on its gender before its even born. Lots of little boys like playing with toy kitchen stuff and lots of little girls like playing with cars and buses.

Oh goodness. I always hate that- people choosing what toys and colors a child should like based solely on its gender before its even born. Lots of little boys like playing with toy kitchen stuff and lots of little girls like playing with cars and buses.

True.. I loved playing with mecano and I was always taking things apart. My dad still thinks I should have been a mechanic. :D

That said, I'm still hoping for a little Georgiana..

By the way July 7th is my birthday! I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with the future King or Queen!

Me neither, but mine's the 29th. My mom hopes that the baby isn't born on that day, because it was Charles and Diana's wedding day. I told her "Are you forgetting something?" I was born 9 years later.

Last edited:
LOL! This is funny! People are thinking that the fact that Charles said that a toy train could be used as a toy for his grandchild means it will be a boy. I'm sure girls can play with toy trains too. The speculation is so funny. I'm still rooting for a girl.

Prince Charles gives strongest hint yet that grandchild will be a boy after gift of model bus - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Do any of Camilla's children have little boys? Those would be Prince Charles' grandsons too!

Do any of Camilla's children have little boys? Those would be Prince Charles' grandsons too!

Laura has Gus and Louis born in 2009, Charles isn't their grandfather, Andrew is. I imagine they have a relationship, whether they call him grandad is a unknown matter.

LOL! This is funny! People are thinking that the fact that Charles said that a toy train could be used as a toy for his grandchild means it will be a boy. I'm sure girls can play with toy trains too.

It was a bus, not a train.

And he doesn't seem to have made any mention of "his grandchild":

"Prince Charles said the model bus he had been presented with could be used as an “emergency” toy."

I get that. When I was little we occasionally visited some elderly aunts, and they had a collection of china rabbits which I was allowed to play with while the grown-ups talked about boring stuff. :)

I thought this was weird. A saw? :ermm: and not even a real one ...

The company's co-founder, William Wright CBE, received a special gift from the Prince, a replica saw.

I wanted to give a example of how much Due Dates can change. My cousin announced last month (on mother day) that she was pregnant and that the baby is due in January 8th, Sine Mid May her doctors have changed her Due Date three times already! They changed it to December 28th, Then it was the 26th and now it due the 27th! They diid with her first child and my Sister in Law as well, So due dates can be inaccurate, They are just an estimate

:previous:
No particular reason, I'm just making a prediction. If I am right I would be well happy. :p

I am going CRAZY waiting for this baby to be born. The same for my cousins when they were expecting. Starting about 2 weeks before the due date, I would race for the phone when it rang, in case it was my aunt. One was 10 days late, though, and one was a scheduled C-section, so we knew exactly what day.

Last edited:
article from the Telegraph on how the world awaits the birth of Baby ..(oops) Cambridge.

Duchess of Cambridge: The world is going wild for the royal baby - Telegraph

Woe is me!
We (I mean our library) were supposed to be in that article. We sent them the pictures and information they wanted about our own Royal Baby Shower.

But we got bumped in favor of that New Jersey library that hired an actress to impersonate Kate.

And here we concocted an Eton Mess, crown cookies, and clotted cream!
There's no justice! :lol:

I'm not sure if baby Cambridge is a girl or a boy, because right now I'm more curious about her/his name :D

I think they will choose a somewhat unexpected name from history, but maybe I think that just because I hope it is so. Nothing radical. It will seem just right. They are smart!
If they choose the "usual" names such as George it will prove me wrong. George would be consummately boring. Not that George was wrong for the estimable George VI, although I think he should have used his own real name. But it would be wrong for Baby Cambridge now. Even Bertie would be better for Baby Cambridge.

^^^^
Why would George be "wrong"? It has a family history, is still used by the BRF (George St Andrews) and is still used by ordinary Brits as well.

I think they will choose a somewhat unexpected name from history, but maybe I think that just because I hope it is so. Nothing radical. It will seem just right. They are smart!
If they choose the "usual" names such as George it will prove me wrong. George would be consummately boring. Not that George was wrong for the estimable George VI, although I think he should have used his own real name. But it would be wrong for Baby Cambridge now. Even Bertie would be better for Baby Cambridge.

Bertie was a nickname not a first name and one that not fit fir a future king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom