Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has never happened - truly! Its cos they are never in there long enough. Husbands were the only visitors that I can remember, though happy to be told otherwise.
When Fergie gave birth to Beatrice, her family came to visit - dad, mom and stepmom. Even Princess Diana showed up (she brought Harry and William with her).

So I think it's a good bet that the Middletons will visit Kate. And since they are so close, they may even be there when she gives birth.

Last edited:
I don't think that hospital staff and staff working for the BRF are not to be trusted. Your perceptions come across as very cynical. :ermm:

Yep, sure do. A friend of mine that worked in the media and was a minor celebrity in my city was attacked a few years ago and rushed to the hospital. Due to security reasons no one was told what floor of the hospital she was on, we just gathered in one of the hospital's waiting rooms to support her family. Not even her best friends could see her, even though her family knew they wouldn't say anything. Yet a few people that worked in the hospital thought it was their business to find out themselves, look at my friend's chart, and after my friend passed away, share with others what her condition had been and what caused her death. Of course her family had to sue because those employees knew full well what they were doing, but did it anyway.

So yes, I'm suspicious and if I were in William and Kate's shoes I'd have a problem trusting people, too. While I'm sure most individuals mean well and really wouldn't share any information, that doesn't hold true for everyone. Unfortunately, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

Really, this presents a strong argument for a royal child to be born in the palace. I believe that I have read that there is a full trauma/procedure room at the palace. Surely it could be fitted for a c section, etc.

I would certainly want to have an "at home" baby with all the trimmings.
Didn't QUII give birth in the palace?

Yes. She gave birth to Charles, Andrew and Edward at Buckingham Palace. Anne was born at Clarence House

Last edited:
It has never happened - truly! Its cos they are never in there long enough. Husbands were the only visitors that I can remember, though happy to be told otherwise.

Generally speaking royals dont visit royals in hospital. Only time I remember is Prince PHilip and (I think) Princess Margaret.

CORRECTION: It wasn't Princess Margaret, it was the Queen Mother

When beatrice was born, Sarah's family along with Di and the boys visited her in the hospital
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20099788,00.html

And apparently when Eugenie was born HM made a 'rare' appearance as did Diana to visit Sarah in the hospital http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20117306,00.html

Here is what's going to happen:

1. Kate goes into labour and is driven to the hospital. The palace lets the media know that she is in labour.

2. The media set up camp outside the Hospital waiting for news.

3. Kate gives birth, the palace announces it.

4. William and Kate emerge from the hospital with baby for a photo op.

:flowers:

^ This! :clap:

:mountie:

Just wondering .. Which month the royal baby will be christened? I'm thinking on september/october

Just wondering .. Which month the royal baby will be christened? I'm thinking on september/october

James was born in December, christened in April. William was born in June, baptised in August. Lady Louise was born in November and baptised in April. Beatrice was born in August and baptised in December. Eugenie was born in March and not baptised until December. 4 months seems to standard for most royal christenings.

We won't know the actual christening date until the baby is born.

Trimmings? From a birth? :awkward:

The poster said and at home birth with all the trimmings, i.e. relaxing music, comfort of your own bed, your family surrounding you nobody else screaming down the corridor etc.

Last edited:
Trimmings? From a birth? :awkward:
What I meant was a "home birth" in a palace would be much more upgraded than your traditional home birth with no additional equipment/ie operating theater and trauma room and usually just a midwife.

The additional hospital equipment, complete with doctors and nurses, were the "trimmings" to which I referred.
Certainly not a typical home birth, but a royal palace home birth experienced by QEII and QSilvia.
did QSofia give birth at home too?

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think casualfan was joking with that comment.

Even if the baby was born at the Palace, as we've seen before there's many a staff member in the palaces who would be willing to give tip offs to journalists. They've signed confidentiality agreements but they're not really worth the paper they're written on.

...Didn't QUII give birth in the palace?

HM did indeed give birth to Prince Charles and Prince Andrew at Buckingham Palace (see point 18. at the British Monarchy's Official Website here : Fact files > 40 facts about Buckingham Palace ) ; Princess Anne was born at Clarence House; and interestingly, it is always claimed that Prince Edward was born at Buckingham Palace, but the monarchy's own website with a fact page on Buckingham Palace is silent on this.

After Edward, royals have given birth in hospitals, the first was Princess Anne, who chose St. Mary's to give birth to both of her children and several royals, including Diana followed.

St. Mary's apparently has homelike birthing rooms and an excellent neonatal unit. I would expect that the concern - fright? - that William and Kate have experienced over her HG would be enough to lead them to pick a hospital over a home birth. And I expect them to pick St. Mary's.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think casualfan was joking with that comment.

Even if the baby was born at the Palace, as we've seen before there's many a staff member in the palaces who would be willing to give tip offs to journalists. They've signed confidentiality agreements but they're not really worth the paper they're written on.
Not sure why you think William and Kate would want their child born at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

The baby will be born in hospital for sure :) St Mary's hospital or King Edward VII will be among their choices

The baby will be born in hospital for sure :) St Mary's hospital or King Edward VII will be among their choices
I agree with St Mary's but would think that they will not return to King Edward VII.

I agree with St Mary's but would think that they will not return to King Edward VII.
I think King Edward VII is still a strong possibility although St Mary's hospital is more likely to be their choice

I think King Edward VII is still a strong possibility although St Mary's hospital is more likely to be their choice
I just checked (and I did not know this until I checked) but here on the King Edward website:
London Hospital, Private Hospital London, London Private Hospital, King Edward VII Sister Agnes
it is stated that they only treat patients 18 years and older, and they don't list a neonatal unit.

I'm sticking with St. Mary's, but maybe you want to change your opinion to St. Mary's or some other maternity hospital in London. ;) :flowers:

Let's see what other location options we have for Cambridge Baby No1;

1. St Mary's Hospital, London - William and Henry were born there along with cousins Zara and Peter, the 3 children of The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the 2 children of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
2. Portland Hospital, London - birthplace of Beatrice and Eugenie and all of the Spice Girls.
3. Royal Berkshire Hospital - birthplace of Catherine and Pippa.

A fourth option could be a welsh hospital, just in case she's stuck.

I think the baby will be born in London so I bet St Mary's Hospital or Portland Hospital. I expect her to stay in London during her last months of pregnancy in case the baby comes earlier

I hope that is born in July 1. Be the same as Princess Diana. And I hope that the name of Princess Diana. Great, a lucky baby ...

I refuse to touch the subject of Diana herself.

I have no idea what luck this child will or won't have by its name or birthdate, but I am virtually certain that a Princess Diana born on July 1, 2013 will mean a very, very lucky media.

A baby born on July 1st and named Diana would be great for the media, but so bad for the child. She would forever be compared to her grandmother.

No Princess Diana on July 1, 2013. Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

There are already plenty of expectations for this child and he/she isn't even born yet.

No Princess Diana on July 1, 2013. Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

There are already plenty of expectations for this child and he/she isn't even born yet.

Especially if it's a boy..... could you just imagine.....:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom