Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose she's called Catherine Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor at her documents.

I suppose she's called Catherine Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor at her documents.

Actually as recent as the invasion pictures in France and they filed suit, in France a woman files by her maiden name. She filed as Catherine Elizabeth Middleton.

AND.. in Wales to the dismay of a shopkeeper who didn't realize who she was, she was Mrs. Cambridge. We all go by different "names" and what not by different folks. I love mine. Quarterpint. :D

Kate Middleton unrecognised buying wetsuit in Angelsey watersports store - Mirror Online

I think there are photos of one of Prince Charles's old passports online and he had his first name as 'Charles", obviously, and his surname as 'Prince of Wales'. Same for his marriage certificate.

Charles was entered into the marriage registrar (for at least his first marriage) as The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George. Both Anne and Andrew, however, used Mountbatten-Windsor. In the court case in France last year, William also used Mountbatten-Windsor. Catherine used Middleton because (I believe) it's customary for women to use their maiden names in legal cases in France - there was also an argument that Middleton was used because that's what she was referred by in the press associated with the photos.

Simply "Windsor" can also be used - Andrew and Charles went by Lieutenant Windsor while in the Royal Navy on a day-to-day practice, and prior to his marriage Edward was credited as Edward Wessex. Using titles also happens - after his marriage, Edward was credited as Edward Wessex, William and Harry have always used Wales as a surname, and Beatrice and Eugenie have always used York as one.

As such, it reasons that Catherine is entitled to use any of the following as a surname when she needs to use one: Middleton, Windsor, Mountbatten-Windsor, or Cambridge. Or, she may chose to go without, and be Catherine Elizabeth (which is now her full, legal name), or HRH Duchess of Cambridge, or HRH Countess of Strathearn (in Scotland), or pull it all out and be HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, etc. The woman has choices.

Charles was entered into the marriage registrar (for at least his first marriage) as The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George. Both Anne and Andrew, however, used Mountbatten-Windsor. In the court case in France last year, William also used Mountbatten-Windsor. Catherine used Middleton because (I believe) it's customary for women to use their maiden names in legal cases in France - there was also an argument that Middleton was used because that's what she was referred by in the press associated with the photos.

Simply "Windsor" can also be used - Andrew and Charles went by Lieutenant Windsor while in the Royal Navy on a day-to-day practice, and prior to his marriage Edward was credited as Edward Wessex. Using titles also happens - after his marriage, Edward was credited as Edward Wessex, William and Harry have always used Wales as a surname, and Beatrice and Eugenie have always used York as one.

As such, it reasons that Catherine is entitled to use any of the following as a surname when she needs to use one: Middleton, Windsor, Mountbatten-Windsor, or Cambridge. Or, she may chose to go without, and be Catherine Elizabeth (which is now her full, legal name), or HRH Duchess of Cambridge, or HRH Countess of Strathearn (in Scotland), or pull it all out and be HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, etc. The woman has choices.

For all we know, Will could call her honeybooboo at home and that means the most to her. :)

Okay...lets move on...back to Cambridge Baby: Musings and Suggestions.

Anyway, how exciting that we're about 3 months away from the next royal birth!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, It's very exciting that the baby will be here soon. The Live Coverage is going to be amazing and I can't wait for the gun salutes to start and the congratulation messages come in.

I can't believe we are going to see the birth of a future British Monarch.

Starting from July, we'll have ta Queen, a Prince of Wales, the Prince of Wales' eldest son, and the eldest child of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. The last time this happened was back in 1901!

I can't believe we are going to see the birth of a future British Monarch.

Somehow I rather doubt they will let the cameras get that up close and personal:lol:

Somehow I rather doubt they will let the cameras get that up close and personal:lol:

Thanks God for that.

The last time I watched a labor, I saw my lunch again. :ROFLMAO:

All posts regarding the proper name of the Duchess of Cambridge, and how she is still referred to as Kate Middleton have been deleted as off topic, as I stated in an earlier message.

I'm going to bet money that WnK will give their child a standard boring name. Though I will give credit that Diana and Charles went for a William which I believe hadn't been used since the 1700's. I highly doubt they would go for an Adelaide, heck even Victoria would be a nice change. Wasn't there a Queen Charlotte at one time?

I dont see William as a very shocking name. While not held by a heir or king since William IV, the name has been used since. It was used as a middle name by both Victoria (Prince Arthur William, Duke of Connaught) and Edward VII (his son Henry William, Duke of Gloucester). Henry's eldet son was William, the older brother of the current duke of Gloucester. It was also the name of a great grandfather of Princess Diana (her mother's maternal grandfather was William Gill).

William can be seen as a bit shocking because of William III and continued relations with Ireland.

I would say that with the Mountbatten-Windsors we've seen the reclamation of names used by... questionable monarchs.

Charles is associated best with Charles I, who was executed, although Charles II also has a questionable legacy (and a lack of legitimate heirs), plus there's the Jacobite legacy.

While Queen Anne wasn't bad, there was also Anne Boleyn (who is arguably more infamous).

Edward was, most recently, the king who abdicated.

William III came to power under questionable circumstances and has a very negative legacy in Northern Ireland. Also, of the 4 Williams, only 1 had legitimate, surviving issue (somewhat ironic as he himself was illegitimate).

Henry is most recently (and infamously) associated with Henry VIII.

And James, of course, is associated with the Jacobites.

^^^^^
Have you considered the possibility that Elizabeth & Philip might have other associations with those names amongst family and friends.Certainly they chose names that they personally liked and were not put off by centuries old associations.

Last edited:
I didn't say that any of HMs children, or grandchildren, had been named specifically for any previous monarch - and I think the names chosen would show that they largely didn't (I really doubt HM chose Charles as her heir's given name because it was the name of her predecessor who was executed for treason).

My point is simply that the monarchical names used can all be linked to monarchs and consorts who have had questionable legacies. Any one of them can be seen as a shocking choice because of those legacies that exist whether the deliberate connection between child and former monarch is being made. As such, I would argue that we're not going to see another George or Elizabeth simply because they're safe names (we might see a George or an Elizabeth, but not just because of the safeness of the names).

I think the name is going to be one that's been used by a monarch before, but I don't think they're going to go with a name based on the legacy of the monarch(s) who previously bore that name - they could shock us, much like the Queen (presumably) shocked the world with Charles.

She has put on some weight but Catherine has a long body shape and that can mean a smaller bump. Speculation from the Daily Mail is best ignored.

Her mom, sister and grandmother is/was thin. She has always been thin, the only difference to me is that she lost the baby fat on her face.

She lost weight before the wedding but most women do. She gained back that weight after the wedding.

The weight of a person has nothing to do with the size of their bump. The Daily Mail should have done some research before writing that piece. :/ Not to mention all women pop at diff times. As far as the dm comments, those are always full of disgusting comments. jmo

I totally agree with you ModerDayJackieO, and besides, women who have an athletic body type, the bump hardly shows of during the 6/7 months of pregnancy, I remenber that happened with Mary when she was pregnant of the twins, wasn't she 5/6 months and barely showing a bump that was supposed to be of twins? Women who don't exercise much, the bump is more noticeble in the early stages of pregnancy.

It totally irritates me, when sites like for ex: JustJared, people make awful comments about Catherine not bein' pregnant, fake pregnancy, like she's starving the baby, etc...Totally ridiculous, those people aren't smart enough to read about pregnancy on women, the various diferent types, etc... they are so ignorant and disrespectful.

Last edited:
Isn't it easy to pick and choose which histories of the names to use. England has a long history and many names have been reused, so there are bound to be some negativity associated with them, that's just the law of numbers. I notice that with William you didn't mention William The Conqueror.

I did, he's the William to have had surviving, legitimate issue despite having been illegitimate himself. His son, William II, had no children, and is rumoured to have been gay. William III and his wife Mary II had no children, while William IV had 10 illegitimate children but no surviving legitimate ones.

Joan Collins is right. Any woman who wants to stay beautiful (like me!) needs to diet every day of her life | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is six months pregnant, so where's the Duchess of Cambridge's baby bump? | Mail Online

Being 4 stone overweight at present I kind of envy this woman, even though she is getting a lot of negative daily mail comments at the moment.

Kate --- is Kate herself naturally thin? Or is she controlling her weight in some way too?

That woman sounds dreadful and her behavior isn't healthy- that sounds more like disordered eating than a healthy lifestyle to me. A healthy lifestyle allows for treats on special occasions. And not all women need to be on diets fr their whole lives because not all women need to be stick thin- there are all kinds of body types in this world, let's stop acting like there's only one body shape that's acceptable for women to have.

Kate seems to be naturally thin, but that's helped along because she loves exercise and sporting pursuits so much.

Just so we are clear...we are not going to discuss Catherine's pregnancy weight.

So let's move on.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-royal-tradition-employ-maternity-nurse.html

Kate Middleton to move to family home in Berkshire after baby's birth - hellomagazine.com

I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but what first time mum does not look to their own mother for help?! Unless for some reason their mother isn't around. Catherine has come into a life that is regimented, strict, and unforgiving. Family is where she can relax and be herself.

IF this story is true, I can completely understand it especially for the first few months when Catherine is on maternity leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom