Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the nursery and hiring a decorator, and getting things in for the baby, this is why I firmly believe that Will and Kate DON'T KNOW and WON'T BE FINDING OUT; it would make it impossible to keep it under wraps if you hire a decorator - and once you know I think it's almost impossible to make the theme and the purchases gender neutral - you will naturally gravitate toward more masculine or feminine selections.

If the decorator knows - how does she place these orders without people suddenly discovering, esp. if the decorator's name is made known. If the decorator suddenly orders tons of blue puppies or pink and purple ballet dancers, that's a big tip off. Ordering both to confuse the public is a waste of money.

Ni, it's a Jewish superstition. Plenty of my Jewish friends and in-laws will tell you all about it.

Yes. I was just about to say that. It is Jewish custom to not prepare before the baby arrives. My sister-in-law wouldn't decorate the nursery or buy things. I eschewed that... Not all Jews have that superstition, but many do.

Yes. I was just about to say that. It is Jewish custom to not prepare before the baby arrives. My sister-in-law wouldn't decorate the nursery or buy things. I eschewed that... Not all Jews have that superstition, but many do.

For that matter even Hindus do not buy anything for the baby until after the birth! No nurseries or clothes, nothing at all.

Phew. Just. I know someone called May who married a surname called May. May May. So yes, it could be worse.

Names are so so important. Its not a sound, its an identity.

At least the last name of poor May was not Day....

Mark my words baby number 1 will not be 2 years old and the Duchess will be with child again.

Mark my words baby number 1 will not be 2 years old and the Duchess will be with child again.

I don't think so. In my opinion, we'll not see another Cambridge baby until early 2016.

I bet Baby Number 1 is a girl, and Baby Number 2 will be a boy. I hope the new succession rules will have been passed before the Duchess has another baby, in order to avoid a situation that happened in Sweden, with Prince Carl Philip losing his place in the line of succession.

I don't think so. In my opinion, we'll not see another Cambridge baby until early 2016.

I bet Baby Number 1 is a girl, and Baby Number 2 will be a boy. I hope the new succession rules will have been passed before the Duchess has another baby, in order to avoid a situation that happened in Sweden, with Prince Carl Philip losing his place in the line of succession.

She will be 34yo...have them close in age and done..her duty is complete..she can then enjoy her children!

She will be 34yo...have them close in age and done..her duty is complete..she can then enjoy her children!

But I don't think it's good to get pregnant and have another baby while the first one is still very young.

And she can take the time between the two birth to settle as full-time working Royal.

I just think she looks so much happier pregnant and really wants children.

Maybe we should let them decide when and if to have a second child.

Both William and Kate have a sibling close to them in age they are close to. Possibly they will want the same for their own kids

Both William and Kate have a sibling close to them in age they are close to. Possibly they will want the same for their own kids

Well, she'll have the first baby in July. If she has a second baby between January and March 2016, the two babies will not be too distant in age.

I think this is the most compelling reason why I do think their next child will be very close in age, god willing. Like William, this child will be raised to be Monarch and will need a strong confidante and circle of trust.

Read a book, garden, go to the gym, make love......lots of options available:flowers:

We'd then have a gigantic baby boom between Cambridge children. :D

Good grief, lets not start on Baby Cambridge II. If you are wondering what you'll be doing, they is the debate on the actual gender of BCI, star sign, all about the birth, first photos, proud grandparents. Then there is the names and the godparents, first formal pictures, Catherine and Williams future, moving house, more pictures, engagements etc. then there are clothes, his, hers and the child's .

Then you can worry about BCII.

Usually when royals have children, they don't take big gaps between their births, normally around 1.5~3 years is the gap between siblings. Should they wait more or not is up to them, but I would want to believe that they will give Cambridge Baby a sibling after 2 years at least. I love big families and children, and it shows that William and Catherine do as well, unless she has some problems when giving birth, I'm sure she will want more children of her own.

I know the baby isn't even born yet, but when I try to imagine what will be like in 2 or 3 years from now, I imagine adorable Cambridge Baby (then a toddler) with cute Baby II with lots of love and hugs!!! (I remenber when Leonor kissed her sister, so cute! Or when Elisabeth and Gabriel kissed Eleonore, it melts my heart!!!)

Kathie Sophia, I hate to remind that Kate has already had a problem with birth, that is, having HG. I hadn't thought it was necessarily something that happens with every birth in a family, but the threads here have given information that it is often, if not usually, continued in each pregnancy of a woman who has it in her first. The Duchess may not want to do this again soon. I have not heard of any way to prevent it, have you, or has any one? I suppose it's slightly easier to handle if one is royal and has a lot of help from nannies, cooks, and nurses. I would say that at the very least IV feeding of the mother should be anticipated. We don't know if Katherine will have any problems at delivery, as I don't think those are associated with HG.

Well, there's all that "heir and spare" thing.

I believe a lot of people will expect her to have at least another child.

She'll probably do it, Brazilian, but there are other heirs with baby potential, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie. Lady Louise won't be having babies soon, but of course it will be a long time (we think) until the current generation will produce a monarch. James Wessex even. So no rush?

She'll probably do it, Brazilian, but there are other heirs with baby potential, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie. Lady Louise won't be having babies soon, but of course it will be a long time (we think) until the current generation will produce a monarch. James Wessex even. So no rush?

Of course, but people expect the "heir and spare" from the direct heir to the Throne and his/her consort. In this case, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

BrazilianEmpire I see your point there, I always heard about "Heir and Spare", because its a way to secure the "direct" line of sucession. I remenber Letizia had problems with her first pregnancy, even delivering with C-section,despite all the problems she had, she got pregnant again to produce a spare (of course it wasn't only the main reason) and got a worse pregnancy than her first, after the "heir and spare" births, she never got pregnant again because she didn't want to.
So I believe that even if Catherine had her HG and is eventually to have on her second pregnancy, she will probably endure it to produce a spare (of course with other reasons as well).

I do think William & Catherine will be blessed with another baby but I think they are more concentrated on the one that will arrive in a few months time.

I just think its beautiful to watch these two now starting a family. I'm sure a lot of people will get emotional on the day of the birth.

Kate did comment she did not want to wait until she's 40 to have children
Her mum did mention when you are in the baby making mode you will understand ,Kate will have alot of help unlike us,she will have nannies and her mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom