Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cute, thank you. She is about three in the picture I guess. Both girls are more honey blonde there, she was no towhead like her husband.

I love the towheaded Windsors, I hope this baby is blonde.

I still say y'all should strap your Duchess into an airliner seat, and fly her on down here to Georgia when she's fixin' to give birth. Obviously air travel agrees with that little baby she's carryin'. When she delivers she can name it Beauregard Jefferson Davis Lee, and the Daughters of the Confederacy can present it with a pin or somethin' similar to commemorate the occasion.

Or they could call the baby "Georgia"

Or they could call the baby "Georgia"

Snark off for a change:

Georgia is a lovely name. I think one of George HW Bush's granddaughters is called Georgia Helena. I prefer it to the traditional Hanover "Georgiana."

Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire who's great great grandneice was Diana.

Snark off for a change:

Georgia is a lovely name. I think one of George HW Bush's granddaughters is called Georgia Helena. I prefer it to the traditional Hanover "Georgiana."

What does that mean?

I prefer either Georgia or Georgina to Georgiana and (worse) Georgette

On the subject of baby hair I do know one thing for certain. This child will definitely resemble William hair wise as a newborn. Its hair will be sparse. :D

The genetics of eye color are so interesting. In my family's case, I have brown eyes, both my parents and my brother have brown eyes, three of my four grandparents had brown eyes, with one blue-eyed grandfather. My husband has hazel/green eyes, his parents are blue and hazel, and his grandparents had two blue, one hazel, and one I don't know. Our son has brown eyes, but our daughter has the most remarkable blue-gray-green eyes - they almost change like someone with hazel, but they always stay in the light category. She also has genuine caramel-blond hair - mine's dishwater blond and my hubby's dark brown - nearly black. Genetics can jump all over the place sometimes. :)

On the subject of baby hair I do know one thing for certain. This child will definitely resemble William hair wise as a newborn. Its hair will be sparse. :D

Lots of babies are born with full heads of hair! I was and so was my eldest - loads and loads of hair!

As I recall, Leonor of Spain was born with a full head of hair, but her sister's hair did not appear until she was a year old.

So we really don't know whether this baby will have hair or not. Just one of those many surprises. :flowers:

Aren't there several lefties in the BRF? Any chance we'll have leftie here?

William is the only one I know. I'm a leftie and until I was c. 15, I was the only leftie in the family on both sides.

I'm also a leftie. It's quite a common trait in my family.

Left handedness is an inherited trait, so we could have little southpaw.

King George VI is rumoured to be left-handed.

Left handedness is an inherited trait, so we could have little southpaw.

True but I'm from a time when it was started to be accepted. Not acceptable in my parents generation. I was the only one in my class from the age of 5 to 18. Teaching me tennis, especially serving, was a riot!

True but I'm from a time when it was started to be accepted. Not acceptable in my parents generation. I was the only one in my class from the age of 5 to 18. Teaching me tennis, especially serving, was a riot!

I know, none of my kindergarten teachers were able to teach me how to correctly use a scissors.

I know, none of my kindergarten teachers were able to teach me how to correctly use a scissors.

Scissors are made for the right hand, and not the left. This is why I use my right hand when cutting with a scissors.

When I was taught to play baseball, I was able to bat right as well as left, as right handed batters taught me.

I always remember Paul McCartney being interviewed by US reporters on their 1st visit, and one of them asked him about the "problem" of being left handed. I only remember this - problem with not finding left handed mugs or cups, so he broke off the handles and stuck them on the other side! loved it!

Last edited:
Well we know male-pattern baldness is inherited from the mother's side! I don't know if anyone on Kate's side is bald on top. I know Philip and Edward are, and I think Charles, William and Andrew's hair lines are receding too. Anne is so lucky; I bet looking at her brothers and her father made her glad she was born a girl!

Last edited:
I'm expecting them to release the weight and lenght along with the baby's name when is born. I think that's pretty normal for European Royals (especially when giving birth to heirs) to release that information when their children are born. (only the Danish royals release names on the Christening day, but the weight and lenght are announced on the day the baby is born).

I don't know if this is allowed but if it's not, please delete as I will speculate.
I say the baby will be born with 3,350 kg (7,3lbs. 7.7 ounces) and 52 cm (20.4 inches).

I forget who are Fredrick's parents....

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor to Welcome First Child in August | Artemisia's Royal Den

Regarding the other Royal baby due in August, how are these 2 babies related?

George V had several sons; one, George VI fathered Elizabeth II, who is the grandmother to Prince William, and the great-grandmother to the Cambridge Baby. Another, Prince George, Duke of Kent, fathered Prince Michael of Kent, who fathered Lord Frederick Windsor, the father of the Windsor Baby.

So, George VI and the Duke of Kent were brothers, Elizabeth II and Prince Michael are cousins, Prince Charles and Lord Frederick are second cousins, and Prince William and Baby Windsor are third cousins, making Baby Cambridge and Baby Windsor third cousins, once removed.

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor to Welcome First Child in August | Artemisia's Royal Den

Regarding the other Royal baby due in August, how are these 2 babies related?

Both the future Cambridge baby and the son of Lord Frederick will be respectively a great-great-great-grandchild and great-great-grandchild of George V (heir closest common ancestor), meaning they will be 3rd cousins once removed.

George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II -> Prince Charles -> Prince William -> William's child
George V -> Prince George, Duke of Kent -> Prince Michael of Kent -> Lord Frederick Windsor -> Lord Fredrick's child

please explain once or 3rd removed

3rd Cousins once removed means;
The third cousin refers to the number of generations one is from the common ancestor. The once removed part is a generational statement in that it describes how many generations your cousin is from you.

I forget who are Fredrick's parents....

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. Prince Michael is cousin to the Queen.

Think of it like a pyramid, with the common ancestor at the top, and a new level for each interceding ancestor. If you and someone else are on the same level there's no removal; you and your first cousins (the children of your parents' siblings) are on the same level, 2 below your grandparents. Your cousin's children, however, are a level below you, they're once removed, and their children would be another level below, or twice removed.

The degree of cousins' relationship is determines by the number of generations to their closest common ancestor. If the cousins do not belong to the same generation (descended from the same ancestor), then they are "removed".

For instance, let's take the ancestries of William and Lord Frederick:
George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II -> Prince Charles -> Prince William
George V -> Prince George, Duke of Kent -> Prince Michael of Kent -> Lord Frederick Windsor

We can see that:
- Elizabeth II and Prince Michael of Kent are first cousins (since their parents were brothers).
- Prince Charles and Lord Frederick Windsor are second cousins (since they are two-generation descendants of George V).
- Prince William and Lord Frederick's future child will be third cousins (since they are three-generation descendants of George V).
- Prince William's child and Lord Frederick's child will not, however, be in the same generation (William's child will be four-generation descendant of George V, while Frederick's child will be three-generation descendant), so they will be "removed" once, that is to say third cousins once removed.

Hope that answers your question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom