Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William looks like Peter and Philip - no Diana in him at all in appearance.

I doubt if any of them will visit as she will barely be in there long enough for visiting hours if she is like Diana who was out so fast that there wasn't really time for anyone to visit - she gave birth latish at night and was out the next afternoon.

This CNN special on William and Kate +Baby is basically a repeat of the one they did before the wedding just with Kate Balduan instead of Solead OBrien.

I thought there would be a baby by now. Well, if Kate wants to wait till Wednesday, I am on vacation and I can spend all my time reading about the new royal baby!

I doubt if any of them will visit as she will barely be in there long enough for visiting hours if she is like Diana who was out so fast that there wasn't really time for anyone to visit - she gave birth latish at night and was out the next afternoon.

Some people visited the Princess of Wales, after Her Royal Highness gave birth to Prince William.

Birth Of Prince William - 1982 - YouTube

We just had a video posted of all four grandparents visiting Diana after she gave birth to William, so it wasn't too quick in her case. The Middletons I doubt you will keep them away, and likely Charles and Camilla at the very least.

Even though Diana didn't stay very long in the hospital, she still had visitors. The Queen, Diana's mother, father and sister all visited when she gave birth to William. So even if Kate's stay in the hospital is short, I imagine she'll still have visitors.

Last edited:
William resembled his mother as a child and as a teenager, but not any more. In fact I agree with Iluvbertie...he no longer bears the slightest resemblance to Diana.

I disagree. I see Diana in William's nose, eyes and forehead. Though I do believe that he and Peter do have some similarities.

As for how long she stays, it will depend upon how she gives birth. A C-section will likely have her staying over an extra day as she will have had major surgery.

C sections usually keep you in for a few days but if she has a natural birth with no problems she could be out a few hours later. My niece has her baby at 5am and was home by lunch time. Diana didn't spend long in the hospital after both her births and Kate seems pretty no nonsense. Plus it isn't like Kate has to worry about housework etc. LOL I do see Diana in William especially around the eyes and some of his mannerisms same with Harry.

The psychic saying the baby girl will be a reincarnation of Diana? Oh just what we need people thinking.

Bah it's not as silly that constantly underline the fact that it's "Diana 's grandchild and legacy", deliberately forgetting Charles, the Middletons (and i don't even talk about Camilla).

The Queen did visit Diana in the Hospital after William was born:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_CTBnH8jrQ&desktop_uri=%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DE_CTBnH8jrQ

Go to 1:00

Congratulations! I wish some people would spend a little time checking the facts before correcting people and bullying members into feeling stupid for posts (because they have 20X more post than others). Just because you spend about 20% of your day posting on this site, does not automatically make you an authority of everything royal. Try using the following phrases, "I didn't think", "I don't think", "I do think", etc., instead of "They do", "They don't", "They always", "They will never", etc. Unless of course you have a Batphone into BP, or the royal family uses you as a consultant. The monarchy is a living thing, and as with all living things, it is constantly changing and adapting.

Stand corrected, apologize (For Your Misinfornation), and move on.

[...

Stand corrected, apologize (For Your Misinfornation), and move on.[/QUOTE]

:whistling: me thinks you read shades of grey once to often :huh:

Actually never read it once, or seen the movie. LOL. Just a little common courtesy would be nice.

A salute to the press

Yesterday, a hot day where I am, I noticed some workmen patching the street. They were dressed in long pants and long sleeved-shirts (it's what they wear year-round), and they were red-faced, sweating and obviously broiling hot. Why were they there? Their employer required it. The work needed to be done, it was their work, and they had no choice.

Same thing with the press. If you work for the Daily Baloney, and your editor tells you to wait outside the hospital for that eventual picture, you do it. You'd rather stay home, wearing something skimpy, drinking a cold drink and watching telly? Too bad, it's your job.

So why are so many critical of these poor photographers and reporters who are just there because they have to be? They're not voyeurs or nosy busybodies- they are workers doing their job.

I was once a reporter and went to a lot of places I disliked and endured a lot of weather conditions which were unpleasant, and I heard a lot of boring and sometimes offensive things from those I was reporting on. I would be happy if someone could tell me why they wish ill on people doing their jobs (and doing it in ghastly weather).

I agree that William takes after many of the Mountbatten-Windsor genes, however I disagree that there is no Diana in his appearance. He definitely has her eyes, nose, smile and mannerisms with how he tucks his chin down and looks at people with his eyes....aka the "shy Di" look. Harry on the other hand has Phillip's and Charles' close set eyes and more pointed nose. Between the two of them, IMO William inherited more of Diana in looks than Harry did. The better reference would be to compare photos of Diana and William to see the similarities.

As far as the Royal Baby is concerned...I think with the Windsor-Mountbatten genes that tend to dominate most of the Royal Family, it will be curious to see what Catherine's genes will contribute to their children's looks.

Yesterday, a hot day where I am, I noticed some workmen patching the street. They were dressed in long pants and long sleeved-shirts (it's what they wear year-round), and they were red-faced, sweating and obviously broiling hot. Why were they there? Their employer required it. The work needed to be done, it was their work, and they had no choice.

Same thing with the press. If you work for the Daily Baloney, and your editor tells you to wait outside the hospital for that eventual picture, you do it. You'd rather stay home, wearing something skimpy, drinking a cold drink and watching telly? Too bad, it's your job.

So why are so many critical of these poor photographers and reporters who are just there because they have to be? They're not voyeurs or nosy busybodies- they are workers doing their job.

I was once a reporter and went to a lot of places I disliked and endured a lot of weather conditions which were unpleasant, and I heard a lot of boring and sometimes offensive things from those I was reporting on. I would be happy if someone could tell me why they wish ill on people doing their jobs (and doing it in ghastly weather).

I'm not disagreeing with you (i don't have first hand experience in this), but would like to add this:
there are also freelance photographers etc who's main priority it is to get the first picture of something/someone etc because than they can sell it for big money to the media... if they have only the fifth picture or only a blurry one then they earn nothing...

I think these people are the ones most of us have in mind when we are dissing the press for their voyeurism and nosiness....

Some women don't go to the hospital right at the beginning of labor.

Very few women go to the hospital right away, at least in my country.
Unless you are having contractions every 5-7 minutes for some time already, they will send you home. Why let someone who is not giving birth for hours ocupy a bed which could be used for a women who IS close to birth. Or even more important, to someone with medical indication.
Though very sensible, the fact that you would have to get to the hospital while having heavy contractions, is one of the main reasons why I (and many other women in my country) chose to give birth at home.
I don't know what the national hospital-policy in GB is, though.

Very few women go to the hospital right away, at least in my country.
Unless you are having contractions every 5-7 minutes for some time already, they will send you home. Why let someone who is not giving birth for hours ocupy a bed which could be used for a women who IS close to birth. Or even more important, to someone with medical indication.
Though very sensible, the fact that you would have to get to the hospital while having heavy contractions, is one of the main reasons why I (and many other women in my country) chose to give birth at home.
I don't know what the national hospital-policy in GB is, though.

From what I hear, under normal circumstances, most NHS hospitals will not admit a labouring woman unless the contractions around 5 minutes apart. As you said, she will be sent away to return when she is a little further down the path.

I'm not disagreeing with you (i don't have first hand experience in this), but would like to add this:
there are also freelance photographers etc who's main priority it is to get the first picture of something/someone etc because than they can sell it for big money to the media... if they have only the fifth picture or only a blurry one then they earn nothing...

I think these people are the ones most of us have in mind when we are dissing the press for their voyeurism and nosiness....

Of course, some of them are freelancers. But they are not out there suffering in the heat because they don't need the money they might earn!
Besides, as long as they are not actually stalking the Cambridges, what difference does it make? They're just trying to make a buck.

Thank you for posting that wonderful video from the day of William's birth. The reporter said she left after staying just under 2 days..
I miss Diana's parents, especially her father, what a gentleman!
Prince charles seemed very tired. Loved the mentions of "patriotic brollies" and police giving nursing students newspapers (lol) to pass the time.
For my 2 cents, Prince William has a lot of Diana in him, as does his brother. So many similarities, height, eyes, smile, "shi di" look". Both boys have her easy physical grace but have Charles' speech.

Last edited:
Still no kid *sighs* I sure hope it is born before I am away from my computer. I won't be able to get on the computer for several days next week. So I can be on the forums when it happens. This forum is really fun when a big event happens.

I don't think the kid is overdue. The date stated by the papers is by the papers or at least that is everyone in the threads are saying. The only thing we know for sure it is probably due in July.

The only people who know are William and Kate (possible the queen) and they can't be 100 percent sure unless they induce.

Still no kid *sighs* I sure hope it is born before I am away from my computer. I won't be able to get on the computer for several days next week. So I can be on the forums when it happens. This forum is really fun when a big event happens.

I don't think the kid is overdue. The date stated by the papers is by the papers or at least that is everyone in the threads are saying. The only thing we know for sure it is probably due in July.

The only people who know are William and Kate (possible the queen) and they can't be 100 percent sure unless they induce.

I'm sure Both sets of Grandparents know too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Aunt and Uncles of the baby know too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom