Baby Cambridge 2: Guess the Sex of the Baby and Potential Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the spring, Catherine and William will become the proud parents of bouncing baby..

• Boy!

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Girl!

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Twins! Monaco and Belgium have nothing on Great Britain!

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter.

Votes: 12 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the need to tie in Camilla's family instead of extended Windsor family, Middletons or Spencers?

We don't really see Charles's sons and Camilla's children interacting with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see why there is a need to tie in Camilla's family. Plenty of blood family to bring in.

LaRae

The thing is, I think with George, they really chose a good range of people. As has been mentioned, they come from a wide age range. Also, only one of them was a blood relative. So, really, I expect anything. The godparents could all just be a bunch of their friends who I've never heard of (which would be easy, as I don't really pay too much attention to who all their friends are). With George, they tended to eschew the more obvious choices.

I also wish Sophie would be chosen, and she was my original guess, but after reading some of these posts I'm starting to doubt that she will be one of Charlotte's godparents. Since George doesn't have any HRHs as godparents, I think it would be nice if Viscount Linley (or Viscountess Linley) would be chosen as one of Charlotte's godparents. Their daughter Margarita was another one of the bridesmaids at William and Catherine's wedding, and Catherine was also talking to Margarita on the balcony at Trooping the Colour in 2011. Margarita also walked with William to St. Mary Magdalene Church at Christmas when she was little, so I get the feeling that the Linleys are friendly with the Cambridges (well, they must be friendly enough to have Margarita as one of their bridesmaids, and usually children of the couple's family and friends are members of the bridal party).

I also wish Sophie would be chosen, and she was my original guess, but after reading some of these posts I'm starting to doubt that she will be one of Charlotte's godparents. Since George doesn't have any HRHs as godparents, I think it would be nice if Viscount Linley (or Viscountess Linley) would be chosen as one of Charlotte's godparents. Their daughter Margarita was another one of the bridesmaids at William and Catherine's wedding, and Catherine was also talking to Margarita on the balcony at Trooping the Colour in 2011. Margarita also walked with William to St. Mary Magdalene Church at Christmas when she was little, so I get the feeling that the Linleys are friendly with the Cambridges (well, they must be friendly enough to have Margarita as one of their bridesmaids, and usually children of the couple's family and friends are members of the bridal party).

I have to say I was pretty shocked at Louise being chosen for the bridal as she was NEVER seen before the wedding. She was briefly on the balcony in 2009 for Trooping the Colour but that was it. Edward and Sophie were the only family members at Peter's wedding to not exit via the front as they had Louise with them and they didn't want her to be photographed. I do think they took shielding their daughter to the extreme. Being chosen as a flower girl really let go of Edward and Sophie's fear of their children being photographed! Margarita was probably chosen as she was of a similar age to Louise as they needed two olderish girls as they had two young girls. Estella or Eloise Taylor could have been chosen I suppose, but William had more interaction with Margarita as she attended Christmas occasionally.

Anyway, back on topic! Do you think the godparent's names will be released early in the morning? I would be very happy if George walked to the church but I imagine William will be carrying him.

Laura Lopes or her husband would be a nice choice too, tying in Camilla's family.

I believe that William and Catherine would chose adults from the parents of their godchildren.

Laura would make an appropriate and excellent selection.

Eliza is rumored to be a godchild of William so Laura would fit into that category. William and Kate's first public event was Laura's wedding and William has been close to Laura since he was at least 16 years old.

Tiggy's son is a godson of William and he was a page at W&K's wedding so she too is an appropriate godparent.

I do not know all of William's and Kate's godchildren but I think it is reasonable to expect William and Catherine to reciprocate and select a parent from each of their godchildren for their children.

If Eliza was William's godchild, that would have come out in the build up to the royal wedding. Tom and Grace were both identified as William's godchildren.

There has been some godparent quid pro quo. Zara is George's and William is Mia's . Kate is godmother to Oliver Baker's (who is George's)son. William or Kate is most likely a godparent to Emilia Jardine Patterson' son.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

IIRC, Eliza was rumored to have been christened in the same chapel as George. (I remember the nasty comments.)

Eliza's godparents were never released.

Godparents have been announced:

Sophie Carter
James Meade
Adam Middleton
The Hon. Laura Fellowes
Thomas van Straubenzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom