Magazine Covers and Art for the Cambridge Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like VF is on the shopping list then.

Right?! ouch mee pocket!
So it seems Testino made an agreement with the Couple, since they will be using a never seen before photo. He would take the engagement pictures if they allowed him to save one for the magazine cover.

Last edited:
Hmm that's a maybe.
Should be able to see the front cover on Tuesday.

What an incredible fail cover. Looks like it could be Hello or whatever magazine but not Vanity Fair and certainly not Mario Testino.

What an incredible fail cover. Looks like it could be Hello or whatever magazine but not Vanity Fair and certainly not Mario Testino.

The picture is not "never-before-seen" either, to those who have really kept track of most (if not all) and who come here regularly :D

Well I like the photo actually, I think they are adorable and both have great smiles. I think I read that it was not a posed Testino portrait but rather a candid picture that he took during the engagement photoshoot? Either way, in my opinion part of Will and Catherine's allure is their accessibility/down-to-earth quality, and this cover reflects that.

Last edited:
Well I like the photo actually, I think they are adorable and both have great smiles. I think I read that it was not a posed Testino portrait but rather a candid picture that he took during the engagement photoshoot? Either way, in my opinion part of Will and Catherine's allure is their accessibility/down-to-earth quality, and this cover reflects that.

I like the candid as well. Beautiful but accessible. A photo shoot like the one the Monaco couple just did would be inappropriate for these two.

The best part is that they are glowing with happiness. Their smiles reach their eyes. And instead of an overly posed photo, we see the real them for a brief moment. Considering I don't know how much of them we'll ever really get, that's sweet.

Interesting. I remember watching a clip of William and Kate at St. Andrews this past February, and William seemed to want people to address him as 'William'. If I'm not mistaken, he deliberately ignored a person who kept on referring to him as 'Prince William'. Makes me wonder how to address these two when meeting them in person.

On a totally different note, it gives them a down-to-earth touch, which is always welcome in my book.

I really like the Vanity Fair magazine cover, it looks like it was a shot taken without notice, to me it seems the couple just looked up/turned around and it was taken.

I like the photo as well, to me (and some others around here) it isn't "new" but I suppose for most others it is a new one.

And I also remember you posting the link to that picture, ghost_night554. I just visited that link again yesterday :flowers:

so the article is written by Katie Nicholls ...hum. Will double my proof reading once I get the magazine.

They could have atleast made a better effort in choosing a pic where Kate's face is not so off. It looks like they did a small mirror trick on it and her face is messed up. Aswell as that William's head looks huge in comparison to hers and her shoulder looks like photoshop gone wrong The white with that lightning is horrible aswell.
It could be a well-shot paparazzi pic.

But yeah, besides technical details, they look cute and happy.

July Vanity Fair just arrived and W & C are on the cover.
The caption under the picture made me laugh...Will & Kate's new life.
Their US road trip plus the honeymoon, house hunting and who takes out the garbage....lol...Cannot wait to find out...lol

Has anyone from the UK seen the July VF in the shops?

That cover is creepy.

Not sure if the idea for the article is particularly offensive, the tone of it was a bit surprising but apparently the person behind it knew Diana personally. The photo is just badly done. Sure, people do age and technology advances but they still just don't know how to 'age' people and make them look realistic.

Kate (and Diana at 50!) on the cover of Newsweek.

'Newsweek' Speculates How Princess Diana Would Look & Act At 50

I saw this cover on TV recently and had to post it. There are just so many things wrong with this...

If I were Prince William and/or Prince Harry, I would be stark raving mad and demand they pull the article. Unfortunately, that won't happen. Diana just looks freakish and yes... it is super-creepy having Catherine look at Diana like
that. Creeps me out. :mad::angry::censored::yuk:

Back
Top Bottom