Royal Pregnancies Announcements 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
Welcome to the thread for Royal Pregnancies Announcements in 2017. The 2016 version of this thread can be found HERE.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread.

Please follow the forum rules when posting.

More information about the Royal Genealogy threads can be found HERE.

The original posts will be updated with news as soon as the information is made public.

Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland, and his wife, née Sofia Hellqvist, are expecting their second child in September 2017.

Hereditary Prince Franz-Albrecht zu Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Spielberg and his wife, née Baroness Cleopatra Adelsheim von Ernest, are expecting their first child in August 2017.

Hugo Wilson and his wife, née Princess Maria Theresia von Thurn und Taxis, are expecting their second child in 2017.

Christopher O’Neill and his wife Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, are expecting their third child in March 2018.

Prince Ernst August of Hannover and his wife, née Ekaterina Malysheva, are expecting their first child in March 2018.

Prince William of Wales, Duke of Cambridge, and his wife, née Catherine Middleton, are expecting their third child in April 2018.

Alexander James Spearman and his wife, née Princess Amelia of Brazil, are expecting their second child in February 2018.

Maria Zurita y de Borbon (daughter of Infante Margarita of Spain, Duchess of Soria), is expecting her first child in 2018.

Prince Philip of Yugoslavia and his wife, née Danika Marinkovic, are expecting their first child in 2018.

Crown Prince al-Muhtadee Billah of Brunei and his wife, née Sarah binti Pengiran Salleh, are expecting their fourth child in late 2017 or early 2018.

Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar, titular Maharaja of and his wife Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Trishika Kumari Ju Devi Ammanni Avaru are expecting their first child in late 2017.

Andrea Casiraghi (son of Princess Caroline of Hannover, Princess of Monaco) and his wife, née Tatiana Santo Domingo, are expecting their third child in 2018.

Last edited:
Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden, Duke of Varmland (b.13 May 1979) [second of three children and only son of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden (b.1946) & his wife Silvia Renate, nee Sommerlath (b.1943)] & his wife Sofia Kristina, nee Hellqvist (b.6 December 1984) [daughter of Erik Oscar Hellqvist & his wife Marie Britt, nee Rotman] are expecting their second child in September.

They already have a son Alexander (19-4-30)
Sources: Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are expecting a child - Sveriges Kungahus
https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2017-genealogical-information

Hereditary Prince Franz-Albrecht of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg (b.16 September 1982) [son of Albrecht Prince zu Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg (b.1951) and his wife Angela, nee Jank (b.1951)] & his wife Cleopatra, nee Baroness Adelsheim von Ernest are expecting their first child.

Sources: https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2017-genealogical-information
Netty Royal

Update: They are due in August.

Source: as above.

Princess Maria Theresia von Thurn und Taxis (b.28 November 1980) [eldest of three children of Johannes, Prince von Thurn und Taxis (1926-1990) & his wife Maria Gloria, nee Countess von Schonburg-Glauchau (b.1960)] & her husband Hugo Wilson are expecting their second child.

They already have a daughter Mafalda Beatrix Maria (21-8-2015).

Source: as above.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland (b.10 June 1982) [youngest of three children of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden (b.1946) & his wife Silvia, nee Sommerlath (b.1944)] & her husband Christopher O'Neill (b.27 June 1974) [only child together of late Paul Cesario O'Neill (1926-2004) by his second wife Eva, nee Walter (b.1940)] are expecting their third child in March.

They already have a daughter Leonore, Duchess of Gotland (20-2-2014) and a son Nicholas, Duke of Angermanland (15-6-2015).

Source: HRH Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill are expecting a child - Sveriges Kungahus

Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden, Duke of Varmland (b.13 May 1979) [second of three children and only son of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden (b.1946) & his wife Silvia Renate, nee Sommerlath (b.1943)] & his wife Sofia Kristina, nee Hellqvist (b.6 December 1984) [daughter of Erik Oscar Hellqvist & his wife Marie Britt, nee Rotman] are expecting their second child in September.

They already have a son Alexander (19-4-30)
Sources: Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are expecting a child - Sveriges Kungahus
https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2017-genealogical-information

Apparently due date is September 23rd 2017

On what base you affirm that?

On what base you affirm that?

The Damtidning had a report about Prince Carl Philip and Prince Alexander where was stated that Princess Sofia will have her baby after half September.
Source: http://www.svenskdam.se/2017/08/ni-kan-aldrig-gissa-vad-carl-philip-gjorde-i-helgen/

The information about due date (September 23rd) is a private information.

The announcement of the pregnancy was on March 23rd 2017. In general the birth is expected a half year later.
Due date 23rd seems to me more logical than a birth in the first week of September, which was a previous information of Svensk Damtidning.

Last edited:
The Damtidning had a report about Prince Carl Philip and Prince Alexander where was stated that Princess Sofia will have her baby after half September.
Source: Carl Philip och Alexander på Skansen | Svensk Damtidning

The information about due date (September 23rd) is a private information.

The announcement of the pregnancy was on March 23rd 2017. In general the birth is expected a half year later.
Due date 23rd seems to me more logical than a birth in the first week of September, which was a previous information of Svensk Damtidning.

The article says "mitten av september", which is the middle of september, not the second half. I would say that it's their guesstimated date of birth, not actual information. I don't think that anyone besides that couple and their doctor/medical staff knows the exact date, and that's totally fine with me. I'm sure they will tell oss all once the child is born.

Probably future grandparents and aunts/uncles also know the due date.

The article says "mitten av september", which is the middle of september, not the second half. I would say that it's their guesstimated date of birth, not actual information. I don't think that anyone besides that couple and their doctor/medical staff knows the exact date, and that's totally fine with me. I'm sure they will tell oss all once the child is born.

Unless there is a planned c-section no one knows exactly the birthdate (not even the parents nor the doctors).
Due date is approximately.
"The official pregnancy-announcements are made in general six months before due date".
I got this information from someone who is an insider on court matters.
Conclusion: Pregnancy announcement March 23rd 2017 Due date September 23rd, and not the first week of September as was alleged by a previous number of Dam Tidning

Unless there is a planned c-section no one knows exactly the birthdate (not even the parents nor the doctors).
Due date is approximately.
"The official pregnancy-announcements are made in general six months before due date".
I got this information from someone who is an insider on court matters.
Conclusion: Pregnancy announcement March 23rd 2017 Due date September 23rd, and not the first week of September as was alleged by a previous number of Dam Tidning
The baby will come whenever he/she wants to, but by a simple look into the SRF calendar your conclusion seems to be wrong. :whistling: Carl Philip is not scheduled to attend the opening of parliament on 12th, while he is scheduled to attend Sverigemiddag on 22nd. If they knew that the baby was due on 23rd as you are insisting on, they would plan his attandance the other way around...

According to Spanish "HOLA"-Magazine Hereditary Prince Ernst August of Hannover and Ekaterina Malysheva expect their first child.

Prince William of Wales, Duke of Cambridge (b.21 June 1982) [older son of Charles, Prince of Wales (b.1948) & his late first wife Diana, nee Spencer (1961-1997)] & his wife Catherine, nee Middleton (b.9 January 1982) [oldest of three children of Michael Middleton (b.1949) & his wife Carole, nee Goldsmith (b.1955)] are expecting their third child next year (probably in April or May).

They already have a son George Alexander Louis (22-7-2013) and a daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana (2-5-2015).

Source:

The baby will come whenever he/she wants to, but by a simple look into the SRF calendar your conclusion seems to be wrong. :whistling: Carl Philip is not scheduled to attend the opening of parliament on 12th, while he is scheduled to attend Sverigemiddag on 22nd. If they knew that the baby was due on 23rd as you are insisting on, they would plan his attandance the other way around...
Baby born Aug 31, so closer to first week of September.

Now we know that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due in April.
Prince Ernst-August jr. & Princess Ekaterina of Hannover - in March.Princess Amelia of Brazil (b.15 March 1984) [second of four children and older daughter of Prince Antonio of Brazil (b. 1950) and his wife, Christine, nee Princess de Ligne (b. 1955)] & her husband Alexander James Spearman (b. 27 March 1984) [second of three children and older son of Lochain Alexander Spearman (b. 1952) & his wife, Pilar, nee Garrigues y Carnicer] are expecting their second child in February.

They already have a son Alexander Joaquim Pedro (30-8-2016).

Source for both: https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2017-genealogical-information

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Philip of Yugoslavia(*1982), second son of Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia(*1945) and Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganca(*1946), and his wife Princess Danica, only daughter of painter Milan Cile Marinkovic(*1947) and his wife Beba, are expecting their first child next year.

Prince Philip of Yugoslavia(*1982), second son of Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia(*1945) and Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganca(*1946), and his wife Princess Danica, only daughter of painter Milan Cile Marinkovic(*1947) and his wife Beba, are expecting their first child next year.

Wow! Didn't they just get married?

Where did you read this ? I thought she might be pregnant when I seen wedding pictures.

They got married just over a month ago, october 7'th.

Crown Prince of Brunei al-Muhtadee Billah (b.17 February 1974) [older son of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei (b.1946) & his wife, Queen Saleha (b.1947)] & his wife Sarah binti Pengiran Salleh (b.8 April 1987) [daughter of Pengiran Salleh Abdul Rahaman Pengiran Damit (b.1950) & his wife Dayang Rinawaty Abdullah (née Suzanne Aeby) (b.1954)] are expecting their fourth child in late 2017 or early 2018.

Sources: https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee..._brunei_golden_jubilee?celeb=Sultan of Brunei
Netty Royal

They already have two sons: Abdul Muntaqim (17-3-2007) & Muhammad Aiman (7-6-2015) and a daughter Muneera Madhul Bolkiah (2-1-2011).

Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar, titular Maharaja of Mysore (b.24 March 1992) [only son of Professor Sri Swarup Anand Gopalaraj Urs, by his wife, Soubhagyavati Rajakumari Sri Leela Tripurasundari Devi Ammanni Avaru (herself eldest daughter of Soubhagyavati Maharajakumari Sri Gayathri Devi Ammanni Avaru, daughter of Major-General H.H. Maharaja Sri Sir Jaya Chamarajendra Wodeyar Bahadur, Maharaja of Mysore] & his wife Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Trishika Kumari Ju Devi Ammanni Avaru (b.1994)
[younger daughter of Shriman Maharaj Kumar Shri Harshvardhan Singhji Sahib Bahadur, Yuvraj of Dungarpur, by his first wife, Mahesri Kumari Sahiba(herself elder daughter of Kunwar Mritunjay Singh, of Vizianagaram)] are expecting their first child later this year.

Sources: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/en/non_pro/news_future.html
https://www.royalark.net/India/mysore5.htm

Last edited:
Where did you read this ? I thought she might be pregnant when I seen wedding pictures.

In Serbian newspaper. I also think that she might have been pregnant as they didn't state when the child is due, except that it will be next year, which is obvious ;)

In Serbian newspaper. I also think that she might have been pregnant as they didn't state when the child is due, except that it will be next year, which is obvious ;)

Many thanks :)

Congratulations to Philip and Danica - that was fast indeed! Though it is possible that she was already pregnant at their wedding. I thought the same about Princess Madeleine of Sweden when her pregnancy with Leonore was announced back in 2013.

Or maybe she was conceived on post-wedding night:
The pregnancy lasts 266 days:
8 June 2013 - 7 days = 1 June 2013.
1 June 2013 - 3 months = 1 March 2013.
1 March 2013 + 1 year = 1 March 2014.

Leonore could simple have been born nine days early (but it's already considered a full term)

As for curiosity, let's do it with King Abdullah II of Jordan (there were speculations about him being conceived before the wedding or being premature):

25 May 1961 (wedding date of his parents) - 7 days = 18 May 1961.
18 May 1961 - 3 months = 18 February 1961.
18 February 1961 + 1 year = 18 February 1962.

The King was born on 30 January, so 19 days before - also a full term baby (up to 20 days before due date, it's already considered a full term).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom