The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2020, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Tatiana of Prussia (*1980), daughter of Prince Alexander of Prussia (*1947) and Alexandra Blahova (1947-2019), and her husband Philip Womack had twin daughters, Xenia Alexandra Selena and Amalia Maria Brigid, on August 29.

Their first child, Arthur Frederick Richard, was born in 2015. The kids have the surname Womack von Preussen.

Source: Womack von Preussen - Births Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Descendants of German Emperor Wilhelm I

Old 09-16-2020, 09:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceely View Post
Princess Tatiana of Prussia (*1980), daughter of Prince Alexander of Prussia (*1947) and Alexandra Blahova (1947-2019), and her husband Philip Womack had twin daughters, Xenia Alexandra Selena and Amalia Maria Brigid, on August 29.

Their first child, Arthur Frederick Richard, was born in 2015. The kids have the surname Womack von Preussen.

Source: Womack von Preussen - Births Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Descendants of German Emperor Wilhelm I
Second set of German twins this year (at least) with the Hannoverian twins.

Arthur's middle names are for his maternal great-grandfather (Prince Frederick of Prussia) and paternal grandfather (Richard Womack). He shares his first name (whether it was an intentional honor or not) with his mother's Uncle by marriage, the Duke of Wellington (Duchess of Wellington is her father's youngest sister).

Xenia is a family name (Tatiana's father has a cousin named Xenia). Alexandra is for her maternal grandmother. Selene who knows but Philip is a writer and seems to have an interest in Greek myth so perhaps a nod there.

Amalia a name in the family tree. Maria may be a nod to Philip's mother who is Marie. Brigid for baby's great-grandmother Lady Brigid Guiness.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:50 PM
Nobility

Twin daughters, Xenia and Amalia for Princess Tatiana von Preussen and Philip Womack
https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blog...omack-two.html
Old 09-19-2020, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Alejandra Romero and her husband the Duke of Suarez welcomed their first child, a girl, named Mariam, on September 15:

Naissance de Mariam, fille de la duchesse de Suarez – Noblesse & Royautés

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Alejandra Romero and her husband the Duke of Suarez welcomed their first child, a girl, named Mariam, on September 15:

Naissance de Mariam, fille de la duchesse de Suarez – Noblesse & Royautés
Named in honor of her late grandmother

In a week we have two little future Spanish Duchesses named for their late grandmother/great-grandmother. Rosaria (Alba) and now Mariam (Suarez).

I love that Spain has led the way (hopefully UK will one day follow) in getting rid of salic inheritance of noble titles. Two families who got to enjoy the birth of a baby without concern of 'not having a heir yet'.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Gentry

Now if only the post had read , "The Duchess of Suarez and her husband Pedro de Armas have welcomed their first child ", we really would have been making some progress.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
Now if only the post had read , "The Duchess of Suarez and her husband Pedro de Armas have welcomed their first child ", we really would have been making some progress.
That is the first thing I thought as well, isn't Alejandra the Duchess and her husband just married to her. But I decided to leave it be.

At the very least the Duke and Duchess welcomed.....but that also gives the impression that he is the one with the title not his wife.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
No need to be snarky. I mentioned Alejandra's name first, and used her surname she used before marriage just to show her background for genealogical purposes. Nothing more to it. I wanted to change it to "nee Romero" but I'm not allowed to make any further amends to my post, it seems. Please don't make rash judgements about a poster's views based on a trivial mistake.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:05 PM
Gentry

I was not meaning to be "snarky ", my apologies if you took my posting as such .
Old 09-21-2020, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No need to be snarky. I mentioned Alejandra's name first, and used her surname she used before marriage just to show her background for genealogical purposes. Nothing more to it. I wanted to change it to "nee Romero" but I'm not allowed to make any further amends to my post, it seems. Please don't make rash judgements about a poster's views based on a trivial mistake.
But she is not nee Romero, she is Alejandra Romero Suárez. Women in Spain do not change their names after they are married. And the way yhe original post was worded implies heavily that she is not a Duchess in her own right, and that her husband, who is merely a Duke jure uxoris, is the actual hereditary duke.
Anyway, congratulations to the family.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Births announcements 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
But she is not nee Romero, she is Alejandra Romero Suárez. Women in Spain do not change their names after they are married. And the way yhe original post was worded implies heavily that she is not a Duchess in her own right, and that her husband, who is merely a Duke jure uxoris, is the actual hereditary duke.

Anyway, congratulations to the family.

I’m aware of the Spanish naming customs. The way the original post was worded may have seemed that way to you but I can assure you no intentions of what I’m being accused of were meant. It was obviously a slip up and I don’t understand why people feel the need to judge others and accuse them of having a certain viewpoint over what was clearly a mistake these days.

The internet translation of the article is more at fault because I based my post off that. I will leave the announcements to someone else in future if everyone has a problem with my posts.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I’m aware of the Spanish naming customs. The way the original post was worded may have seemed that way to you but I can assure you no intentions of what I’m being accused of were meant. It was obviously a slip up and I don’t understand why people feel the need to judge others and accuse them of having a certain viewpoint over what was clearly a mistake these days.

The internet translation of the article is more at fault because I based my post off that. I will leave the announcements to someone else in future if everyone has a problem with my posts.
With respect, there was no judgment of or comment about others, nor any accusation of having a certain viewpoint, in the post you quoted. It was no more than a considerate and factual clarification, which I appreciated, for any readers of the thread (including myself) who are not comprehensively aware of the inheritance of the dukedom of Suárez and/or Spanish naming customs.

I can assure you that no one "has a problem with [your] posts" or wishes you to leave off posting announcements.

Speaking generally, and speaking as a poster who now and then writes posts which feature mistakes or are confusingly worded, it is my sincere hope that on those occasions, other people will not be dissuaded from alerting the thread and myself to the problem, and/or correcting the mistake.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
With respect, there was no judgment of or comment about others, nor any accusation of having a certain viewpoint, in the post you quoted. It was no more than a considerate and factual clarification, which I appreciated, for any readers of the thread (including myself) who are not comprehensively aware of the inheritance of the dukedom of Suárez and/or Spanish naming customs.

I can assure you that no one "has a problem with [your] posts" or wishes you to leave off posting announcements.

Speaking generally, and speaking as a poster who now and then writes posts which feature mistakes or are confusingly worded, it is my sincere hope that on those occasions, other people will not be dissuaded from alerting the thread and myself to the problem, and/or correcting the mistake.

There may not have been to your eyes, but there was to mine. I had suddenly made one mistake and instead of just correcting me, I was accused of being not progressive, etc. It didn’t exactly make me feel like my posts were appreciated.

Your statement saying that you hope my post doesn’t deter anyone from making corrections also leaves a stale taste in my mouth. It’s not exactly fair to accuse someone of putting people off from contributing to the thread.

I was hoping this would just blow over as I do not like always being the one who has to point out certain things they find uncomfortable and leaving a negative atmosphere in the thread.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:40 PM
Gentry

Hello, Princess Augusta Lily of Prussia (b.1986) and husband Caspar Helmore (b.1987) had their second child and first daughter: Honor Beatrice Celeste Helmore on September 8th 2020.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/202...born-2020.html

Thank you in advance,
Isabelle.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaroyfan View Post
Hello, Princess Victoria Augusta of Prussia (b.1986) and husband Caspar Helmore (b.1987) had their second child and first daughter: Honor Beatrice Celeste Helmore on September 8th 2020.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/202...born-2020.html

Thank you in advance,
Isabelle.
Lovely family name

Honor was the name of the eldest sister of Lady Brigid Guiness, Victoria's paternal grandmother. Its also the name of her first cousin. Her father's youngest sister is Antonia, Duchess of Wellington. Antonia's eldest daughter is Lady Honor Wellesley.

Beatrice is the name of the baby's eldest Aunt, Princess Beatrice of Prussia.

I wonder if Celeste is a name from her husband's family or they just liked.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:09 AM
Majesty

Rubi de Waele (b.26 January 1994) [youngest of four children and only daughter of Princess Clarissa of Windisch-Graetz (b.1966) {herself daughter of Princess Dorothea of Hesse (b.1934) & her late husband, Prince Friedrich of Windisch-Graetz (1917-2002)} & her husband Eric de Waele (b.1962)] & her boyfriend Sicco van Nes became parents of a daughter, Alice Coco, sometime this year.

Her eldest brother Michel (b.18 May 1986) is married to Caroline Libbrecht since 2011: they have three children: Raphaël (b.2013), Lucy (b.2015) & Samuel (b.2017).
The youngest of her older brothers, brother Mathieu (b.16 September 1986) & his girlfriend Eline Van Vlasselaer became parents of a daughter, Lizzie, in Belgium on 10 February.
Her second brother Alexandre (b.3 July 1987) is reportedly single.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

Ludwig Kahane (b.1991) [son of Countess Catharina Eleonore von Meran (b.1967) & her former husband Alexander Kahane (b.1955)] & his wife Mafalda, nee Millies had their first child, Ava, sometime this year.

Source: http://heinbruins.nl/Meran.html
Old 10-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Count Maximilien Claret de Fleurieu (b.1987) [eldest of three children of Claire Miles-Reincke (b.1958) {herself second of three daughters of Sophie Levêque de Vilmorin (1931-2009) {{herself daughter of Roger Levêque de Vilmorin (1905-1980) {{{illegitimate son of Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (1886-1941) & Mélanie de Gaufridy de Dortan (1876-1937)}}} & his first wife Pauline Roissard de Bellet (1892-1940)}} & her husband Robert Miles-Reincke (1931-1990) & her husband Count Hughes Claret de Fleurieu (b.1949)] & his wife Capucine, nee Laurent had their third child this year.

In 2018 they experienced a great tragedy; their firstborn son, one-year-old Alphonse, died.

The names and sexes of the second child and the newborn are unknown.

Siblings of the young father Azélie (b.1987) & Nicolas-Sixte (b.1991) are reportedly single.

Source: Descendants of King Alfonso XII of Spain
Old 10-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Honourable Robert Marcus Duncan De La Poer Beresford (b. 14 July 1988) [second child, elder son and heir of Marcus Hugh Tristram De La Poer Beresford, 7th Lord Decies (b. 1948) & his second wife the, Edel Jeannette, nee Hedron] & his wife Susannah, née Hill had their first child, Arthur Marcus James, on 29 August.

Sources: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/202...e-la-poer.html
Beresford; Power; de la Poer
Old 10-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Charles de Pottere (b.1982) [older of two living sons of Coutess Veronica Holstein (b.1956) {herself third of seven daughters of Princess Marie Gabrielle of Luxembourg (b.1925) & her late husband Knud, Count Holstein (1919-2001)} & her husband Francois Bruno de Pottere (b.1949)] & his wife Layla Jean, nee Kajer (b.1983) had their second child, Nicolai, this year.

A brother for Isla (b.2015).

Young father's younger brother Alexander (b.1985) married Natalie Ann Spiller (b.1985) in 2017; their oldest brother Bruno died as a baby in 1980.

Source: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau
Old 10-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Crown Prince Leka and Crown Princess Elia of the Albanians appear to be expecting their first child.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....d-elia-of.html