Births announcements 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she is not nee Romero, she is Alejandra Romero Suárez. Women in Spain do not change their names after they are married. And the way yhe original post was worded implies heavily that she is not a Duchess in her own right, and that her husband, who is merely a Duke jure uxoris, is the actual hereditary duke.

Anyway, congratulations to the family.

I’m aware of the Spanish naming customs. The way the original post was worded may have seemed that way to you but I can assure you no intentions of what I’m being accused of were meant. It was obviously a slip up and I don’t understand why people feel the need to judge others and accuse them of having a certain viewpoint over what was clearly a mistake these days.

The internet translation of the article is more at fault because I based my post off that. I will leave the announcements to someone else in future if everyone has a problem with my posts.

I’m aware of the Spanish naming customs. The way the original post was worded may have seemed that way to you but I can assure you no intentions of what I’m being accused of were meant. It was obviously a slip up and I don’t understand why people feel the need to judge others and accuse them of having a certain viewpoint over what was clearly a mistake these days.

The internet translation of the article is more at fault because I based my post off that. I will leave the announcements to someone else in future if everyone has a problem with my posts.

With respect, there was no judgment of or comment about others, nor any accusation of having a certain viewpoint, in the post you quoted. It was no more than a considerate and factual clarification, which I appreciated, for any readers of the thread (including myself) who are not comprehensively aware of the inheritance of the dukedom of Suárez and/or Spanish naming customs.

I can assure you that no one "has a problem with [your] posts" or wishes you to leave off posting announcements. :flowers:

Speaking generally, and speaking as a poster who now and then writes posts which feature mistakes or are confusingly worded, it is my sincere hope that on those occasions, other people will not be dissuaded from alerting the thread and myself to the problem, and/or correcting the mistake.

Last edited:
With respect, there was no judgment of or comment about others, nor any accusation of having a certain viewpoint, in the post you quoted. It was no more than a considerate and factual clarification, which I appreciated, for any readers of the thread (including myself) who are not comprehensively aware of the inheritance of the dukedom of Suárez and/or Spanish naming customs.

I can assure you that no one "has a problem with [your] posts" or wishes you to leave off posting announcements. :flowers:

Speaking generally, and speaking as a poster who now and then writes posts which feature mistakes or are confusingly worded, it is my sincere hope that on those occasions, other people will not be dissuaded from alerting the thread and myself to the problem, and/or correcting the mistake.

There may not have been to your eyes, but there was to mine. I had suddenly made one mistake and instead of just correcting me, I was accused of being not progressive, etc. It didn’t exactly make me feel like my posts were appreciated.

Your statement saying that you hope my post doesn’t deter anyone from making corrections also leaves a stale taste in my mouth. It’s not exactly fair to accuse someone of putting people off from contributing to the thread.

I was hoping this would just blow over as I do not like always being the one who has to point out certain things they find uncomfortable and leaving a negative atmosphere in the thread.

Hello, Princess Victoria Augusta of Prussia (b.1986) and husband Caspar Helmore (b.1987) had their second child and first daughter: Honor Beatrice Celeste Helmore on September 8th 2020.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2020/09/honor-beatrice-celeste-helmore-born-2020.html

Thank you in advance,
Isabelle.

Lovely family name :flowers:

Honor was the name of the eldest sister of Lady Brigid Guiness, Victoria's paternal grandmother. Its also the name of her first cousin. Her father's youngest sister is Antonia, Duchess of Wellington. Antonia's eldest daughter is Lady Honor Wellesley.

Beatrice is the name of the baby's eldest Aunt, Princess Beatrice of Prussia.

I wonder if Celeste is a name from her husband's family or they just liked.

Rubi de Waele (b.26 January 1994) [youngest of four children and only daughter of Princess Clarissa of Windisch-Graetz (b.1966) {herself daughter of Princess Dorothea of Hesse (b.1934) & her late husband, Prince Friedrich of Windisch-Graetz (1917-2002)} & her husband Eric de Waele (b.1962)] & her boyfriend Sicco van Nes became parents of a daughter, Alice Coco, sometime this year.

Her eldest brother Michel (b.18 May 1986) is married to Caroline Libbrecht since 2011: they have three children: Raphaël (b.2013), Lucy (b.2015) & Samuel (b.2017).
The youngest of her older brothers, brother Mathieu (b.16 September 1986) & his girlfriend Eline Van Vlasselaer became parents of a daughter, Lizzie, in Belgium on 10 February.
Her second brother Alexandre (b.3 July 1987) is reportedly single.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

Ludwig Kahane (b.1991) [son of Countess Catharina Eleonore von Meran (b.1967) & her former husband Alexander Kahane (b.1955)] & his wife Mafalda, nee Millies had their first child, Ava, sometime this year.

Source: http://heinbruins.nl/Meran.html

Last edited:
Count Maximilien Claret de Fleurieu (b.1987) [eldest of three children of Claire Miles-Reincke (b.1958) {herself second of three daughters of Sophie Levêque de Vilmorin (1931-2009) {{herself daughter of Roger Levêque de Vilmorin (1905-1980) {{{illegitimate son of Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (1886-1941) & Mélanie de Gaufridy de Dortan (1876-1937)}}} & his first wife Pauline Roissard de Bellet (1892-1940)}} & her husband Robert Miles-Reincke (1931-1990) & her husband Count Hughes Claret de Fleurieu (b.1949)] & his wife Capucine, nee Laurent had their third child this year.

In 2018 they experienced a great tragedy; their firstborn son, one-year-old Alphonse, died.

The names and sexes of the second child and the newborn are unknown.

Siblings of the young father Azélie (b.1987) & Nicolas-Sixte (b.1991) are reportedly single.

Source: Descendants of King Alfonso XII of Spain

Charles de Pottere (b.1982) [older of two living sons of Coutess Veronica Holstein (b.1956) {herself third of seven daughters of Princess Marie Gabrielle of Luxembourg (b.1925) & her late husband Knud, Count Holstein (1919-2001)} & her husband Francois Bruno de Pottere (b.1949)] & his wife Layla Jean, nee Kajer (b.1983) had their second child, Nicolai, this year.

A brother for Isla (b.2015).

Young father's younger brother Alexander (b.1985) married Natalie Ann Spiller (b.1985) in 2017; their oldest brother Bruno died as a baby in 1980.

Source: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

Angela Straehl (b.1986) [daughter of Andreas Straehl (b.1957) {herself daughter of Birgitta Bernadotte, Countess af Wisborg (b.1933) {{herself firstborn daughter of Prince Lennart of Sweden, Duke of Småland, who became Lennart Bernadotte in 1932 and Lennart Bernadotte Count af Wisborg in 1951 (1909-2004) & his first wife Karin Nissvandt (1911-1991)}} & her late husband Fritz Straehl (1922-2011)} & his wif eUschi Hefti (b.1958)] became a mother of a daughter this year; the identity of her father is unknown.

Her only brother Timo (b.1988) has two children Dion (b.around 2016) & Maliya (b.2018); the identity of their mother(s) is/are also unknown.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

Last edited:
which of the twins was born first? - it wouldn't affect the Hanover order of succession, but it could affect the British order of succession

Nicolas:

Hannover

P.S. Christian and his children are soooooo faaaaar in the British order of succession that it definitely doesn't matter to him (Christian maybe is already excluded because he married a Roman Catholic; the twins may also be baptized as Roman Catholics, they live permanently in Spain).

Count Georg of Stolberg-Stolberg (*1966), son of Count Lukas of Stolberg-Stolberg (1926-2015) and Lydia Perko Edle von Monshoff (*1937), and his wife Barbara Lakatos (*1994) had their first child, a son, this year.

The couple married in 2017. The baby, whose name is unknown, is the only grandchild on his father's side.

Source: Descendants of Prince Heinrich XIII Reuss of Greiz

Stephanie Geake (b.1986) [only child of Countess Antoinette Bolza (b.1958) {herself a great-granddaughter of Princess Emma Reuss (1881-1961) & her husband Erich Künigl, Count zu Ehrenburg (1880-1930)} & her husband John Gaeke (b.1952)] & her husband Louis de Saint-Marcq had their second child, Otto, this year.

A brother for India Rose (b.2017).

Source: as above.

Prince Michael zu Salm-Salm and his wife Victoria, née Trott zu Solz had their second son and second child Quirin in the beginning of 2020.

A brother for Augustinus (* 2017)

Source: Nobiliana BAG 2020

Prince Michael zu Salm-Salm and his wife Victoria, née Trott zu Solz had their second son and second child Quirin in the beginning of 2020.

A brother for Augustinus (* 2017)

Source: Nobiliana BAG 2020

Hello, Your message have a typo. The father is prince Felix zu Salm-Salm (1981 ) second son of Prince Michael zu Salm-Salm and of his wife née Countess Philippa zu Castell-Castell

Thank you in advance,
Isabelle.

Prince Leka of Albania (b.26 March 1982) [only child of Leka I, Crown Prince of Albania (1939-2011) & his wife Susan Barbara Cullen-Ward (1941-2004)] & his wife, Albanian actress and singer Elia, nee Zaharia (b.8 February 1983) [elder of two children and only daughter of Gjergj Zaharia & his former wife, Albanian actress Yllka Mujo (b.1953)] had their first child, Geraldine, at the Queen Geraldine Maternity Hospital in Tirana on 22 October.

The little one was named after her great-grandmother, Queen Geraldine of Albania.

Sources: https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot...13rimDceT89yCIx3wcyV6wgzmOT-DHy43VX7IYZDYVGT0 (Thanks, principessa!)
http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2020/10/a-new-princess-in-albania.html

Last edited:
Very late update:

Prince Abdul Malik al-Bolkiah of Brunei (b.30 April 1983) [youngest of six children together of Sultan of Brunei, Hassan al-Bolkiah (b.1946) & his wife, Queen Saleha (b.1946)] & his wife Dayangku Raabi’atul ‘Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah (b.27 October 1992) [daughter of Pangiran Haji Bolkiah bin Pangiran Haji Jaludin & his wife Pangiran Hajah Noor'aismah] had their third daughter, Khaalishah Mishbaahul Bolqiah, on 5 January.

A sister for Muthee'ah Raayatul Bolqiah (2-3-2016) & Fathiyyah Rafaahul Bolqiah (10-3-2018).

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7L7qdRF_dw/ (Thanks, eya!)

Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum (b.16 June 1983) [daughter of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Emir of Dubai (b.1949) & Lebanese-born wife Delila Aloula] & her husband Sheikh Faisal Saud bin Khalid H Al Qassimi had their second child, Sheikha, on 29 October.

A sister for Mohammed (28-7-2018).

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG7MDdPDI3z/?igshid=173lr18pbchb5 (Thanks, Lasya!)

Otto, 6th Prince of Castell-Rudenhausen (b.31 May 1985) [eldest of four children of late Johann-Friedrich, 5th Prince of Castell-Rudenhausen (b.1948) & his wife Maria, nee Countess von Schonborn-Wiesentheid (b.1958)] & his wife Sophia, nee Mautner von Markhof (b.1 May 1989) [youngest of three children of Theodore Mautner von Markhof & his wife Maria Antonia, nee Countess von und zu Clam-Martinic] had their first child, a son, this year.

Source: http://heinbruins.nl/Bentinck.html

Last edited:
Honourable Clementina John Elphinstone (b.1989) [daughter of late James Alexander Elphinstone, 18th Baron Elphinstone (1953-1994) & his wife Willa, nee Chetwode (b.1954); now Mrs Thomas Lloyd] married Oliver Harrison (b.1988) [eldest son of Mr & Mrs Christopher Harrison] at St. Matthias Church, Richmond on the Hill (England) on 30 October.

Clementina is the youngest of four children, only daughter and last one who marries.

Sources: Descendants of Sir Claude George Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2020/11/harrisonelphinstone-marriage.html

Un update of my post:

Otto, 6th Prince of Castell-Rudenhausen (b.31 May 1985) [eldest of four children of late Johann-Friedrich, 5th Prince of Castell-Rudenhausen (b.1948) & his wife Maria, nee Countess von Schonborn-Wiesentheid (b.1958)] & his wife Sophia, nee Mautner von Markhof (b.1 May 1989) [youngest of three children of Theodore Mautner von Markhof & his wife Maria Antonia, nee Countess von und zu Clam-Martinic] had their first child, Lelio Johann-Friedrich Theodor, on 13 October.

Sources: Descendants of Willem Bentinck and Charlotte Sophie of Aldenburg
https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/births-deaths/a-baby-boy-congratulations-to-sophia-and-otto/

First two great-grandchildren of Duchess Maria Magdalene von Leuchtenberg (1926-2005) & her husband Joseph de Pasquale (1919-2015) were born this year!

Andrew Michael DePasquale (b.1989) [only child of their firstborn daughter Marie Alexandra de Pasquale (b.1950) & her former husband Scott Michael Jennings (b.1957)] & his wife Stephanie, nee Petrus (b.1989) had their first child, Benjamin.

Melissa Anne Giordano (b.1986) [daughter of their younger daughter Elizabeth Ann de Pasquale (b.1952) & her husband Steven Carl Giordano (b.1952)] & her partner John Charles Heim (b.1983) became parents of a daughter, Scarlett Denise.

Young mother's brother, Matthew Steven Giordano (b.1983) is reportedly single.

Source: Descendants of King Maximilian I Josef of Bavaria

Nicholas Medforth-Mills (b.1 April 1985) [son of Princess Elena of Romania (b.1950) & her late first husband Robin Medforth-Mills (1942-2002)] & his wife Alina Maria, nee Binder (b.26 January 1988) [daughter of Heinz Binder & his wife Rodica Iancu] had their first child together (his second), Maria-Alexandra, at the Polizu Hospital, Bucharest, on 7 November.

Nicholas is already a father of Iris Anna Cîrjan (9-2-2016); her mother is Nicoleta Cîrjan.

Source:https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2020/11/romanian-royal-birth-maria-alexandra-of.html (Thanks, Benjamin!)

Princess Eliane de Merode (b.20 March 1990) [daughter of Prince Léonel de Merode (b.1951) & his wife Régine, nee Countess de Liedekerke (b.1955)] & her husband Honourable Charles Astor (b.10 November 1990) [son and heir apparent of John Astor, 3rd Baron Astor of Hever (b.1946) & his wife Hon. Elizabeth Mackintosh (b.1950)] had their first child, Astrid Henriette Elizabeth, on 9 November.

A miraculous gift for Daddy for his 30th birthday!

Source: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2020/11/astrid-henriette-elizabeth-astor-born.html

At the day of her birthday, Duchess of York became an aunt!

Eliza Cobb [nee Ferguson, born 1985], wife since 2017 of Harry Timothy Cobb (b 1985), and scion of the Ferguson landed gentry family, of Dummer, gave birth to a daughter, Elba Pear Rosemary, 15 October, 2020.

Eliza is a half-sister of Sarah, Duchess of York, descended from the Dukes of Buccleuch & Queensberry etc, and is a daughter of the late Maj Ronald Ivor Ferguson [1931-2003], by his second wife the former Susan Rosemary Deptford (now Lady Swinburn, of Dummer Down, Hampshire).

Harry Cobb is descended from the Holland-Martin landed family, son of Mr Timothy B Cobb, of Bothampstead, Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire, by his wife the former Emma Rose Holland-Martin (b 5 Sep 1953).

The Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice attended the wedding of Eliza and Harry, at Dummer, Hants, in 2017.

The infant arrived om the 61st birthday of Sarah Duchess of York.

Princess Isabel of Orleans-Braganza (*1978), daughter of Prince Fernando of Brazil (*1948) and his wife Maria da Graca de Siqueira-Carvalho Baere de Araujo (*1952), and her husband Count Alexander of Stolberg-Stolberg (*1974), son of Count Franz of Stolberg-Stolberg (1936-2020) and his wife Jacqueline Florin de Duikinberg (*1942), had their third child, a daughter, this year.

They are already parents of Louis-Bernhard (*2014) and Lorenz (*2016).

Source: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French
Stolberg

Clayton Robert Geer (b.1989) [only child of Ronald Allan Geer (b.1966) {himself son of Erika Mathilde Barenberg (b.1943) & her first husband Gary Allan Geer (b.1939)} & his first wife Donna Kathrun Johnson (b.1969)] & his wife Tiffany Ambe, nee Yzaguirre (b.1994) had their first child, Blake McKenzie, this year.

Source: http://heinbruins.nl/Amsberg.html

Emanuele Casimiro San Martino d'Agliè (b.1985) [older son of Filippo Manfredo San Martino d'Agliè (b.1953) {himself youngest of five children of Donna Maria-Cristina Ruffo di Calabria (1920-2003) [oldest sister of Queen Paola of Belgium] & her husband Casimiro San Martino d'Agliè, Marquess di Fontanetto con San Germano (1903-1988)} & his wife Cristina, nee Flesia] & his wife Philippine, nee de Sevin (b.1989) had their second child, Soïli, this year.

A sister for Luca Manfredi (b.2019)

Source: Descendants of Count Felice Rignon

Celia Rose Woodhouse [nee McCorquodale, born 1989], wife of George Woodhouse, gave birth to a son, Walter George Spencer, 27 November, 2020.

Celia Woodhouse is a first cousin of the Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex. Harry and Meghan attended Celia's wedding to George Woodhouse, at Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, on 16 June, 2018, just a few weeks after their own wedding in Windsor. Celia wore the Spencer tiara famously worn by her aunt, Lady Diana Spencer, at her marriage to the Prince of Wales, 29 July, 1981.

Celia is scion of the McCorquodale landed gentry family, the younger daughter of Mr Neil McCorquodale by his wife the former Lady [Elizabeth] Sarah Lavinia Spencer [b 1955], eldest daughter of the late 8th Earl Spencer [1924-92].

George John Woodhouse [born 1991] is the younger son of Mr Philip J. Woodhouse and the late Mrs Sarah J. [Pudding] Woodhouse [nee George].

Charles Woodhouse, George's elder brother, is married to a daughter of Baroness Shackleton, the noted divorce lawyer.

Source: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2020/12/walter-george-spencer-woodhouse-born.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom