Saudi Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

1. http://www.saudinf.com/main/b46.htm
King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud
King Fahd, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, is the fifth King of Saudi Arabia.

2. http://www.saudinf.com/main/b471.htm
Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud
In his capacity as First Deputy Prime Minister, Crown Prince Abdullah has presided over cabinet meetings in the absence of the King.

Attachments

• ry_sa_fahd_0002.jpeg
    ry_sa_fahd_0002.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 562
  • ry_sa_abdullah_0003.jpeg
    ry_sa_abdullah_0003.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 513
Last edited by a moderator:
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA: Saudi prince Abdel Aziz bin Fahed bin Abdel Aziz (L) watches Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz 24 December 2003 as he takes part in the Arda dance or War dance during the Janadriyah festival of Heritage and Culture some 38 kms east of down town Riyadh. The festival is entering its second week with many cultural events taking place.

RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA: Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz sword in hand and Saudi flag draped across his shoulders takes part in the Arda dance or War dance during the Janadriyah festival of Heritage and Culture some 38 kms east of down town Riyadh 24 December 2003. Joining in is his brother prince Mitaab (L) and prince Salman ® and Abdel Azizi bin Fahed bin Abdel Azizi (Back L) the son of Mitaab bin Abdullah bin Abdel Azizi (back R). The festival is entering its second week with many cultural events taking place.

RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA: Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz (2rd R), sword in hand and Saudi flag draped across his shoulders, takes part in the Arda dance or War dance during the Janadriyah festival of Heritage and Culture, some 38 kms east of downtown Riyadh, 24 December 2003. Joining in the dance are Prince Salman ® Prince Mitaab (3rd L) Prince Nawaf (2nd L) and Prince Mohammed bin Nayef bin Abdel Aziz (L), the son of the the Saudi interior minister. The festival is entering its second week with many cultural events taking place.

Pictures from www.gettyimages.com

Attachments

• 2831374.jpg
    2831374.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 545
  • 2831381.jpg
    2831381.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 594
  • 2831386.jpg
    2831386.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 590
Last edited by a moderator:
Some posts in this thread have been edited so that the content reflects royalty still. Let's please keep it this way.

Alexandria

Crown Prince Abdullah is - imo - getting on in years.

What's the gossip as to the next able royal (of younger age) who is waiting in the wings to take over the Crown Prince role or higher ????

Interesting blurb from a conservative US news site (www.newsmax.com):

Pro-American Prince is Arabia's Billionaire Buffett

From his 1991 investment in a then-precarious Citibank to his interests in Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., and the Four Seasons Hotels chain, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is steadily gearing up his Riyadh-based Kingdom Holding for an initial public offering.

BusinessWeek reports that the Prince is known as the Warren Buffett of Saudi Arabia.

With his own name better known than his company's, the Prince, 47, is running ads in the U.S. in a brand-building campaign.

"It's on the table," the Prince said. "People have to be aware that, although Prince Alwaleed is behind this, there's an institution, too."

But the IPO is at least three years away, mainly because bin Talal wants to wade into politics, as "the Al-Saud dynasty faces a generational transition."

What can anybody tell me about the set up in Saudi Arabia? My understanding is that the whole Saudi royal family runs the government and industry (that being oil fields). Correct me if I am wrong, but is the ruler of Saudi Arabia literally a vegetable, didn't he have a stroke. I am not sure of his name or anybody's. I have noticed that we have not really discussed the Saudis. I did not know if the reason was because there was little know about them (the current members) or if the reason was they are so closed off from the outside world. However, I know their oil is internationally know, especially to us Americans.

Also, I know that this question is off topic but I would love anyone's opinion on this question: Are there any colleges or university in the United States that have graduate or even undergraduate courses in Islamic studies that are any good? I would love after finishing my current undergraduate degree to go back to school to learn all I can about the Middle East, Sub-Sahara Africa, and the Gulf Arab states.

Yes, Fahd is in a vegatative state. Crown Prince Abdullah is running the show. However, sources in Saudi Arabia say that there is a power stuggle within the family mainly between Abdullah and Prince Naif the Interior Minister.
Whatever the situation, something needs to happen because if these fundamentalists(takfiris) take over, they will make the Iranian mullahs and Taliban look like choir boys. Saudi Arabia is in BIG TROUBLE and nobody in the U.S. govt. wants to really admit it.

So how many sons does King Fahd have?

Another question:

How are women viewed in Saudi Arabia? I was suprised to see Prince al Waleed bin Talal's daughter unveiled is it common for women to not wear..... what are they called? (Please excuse me ignorance.) I was always informed by those who had gone to Saudi Arabia that women were to be covered at all times in Saudi Arabia because they strict fundementalist. I am not sure if my sources are correct on this, but please, correct me if I am wrong? :huh:

Akilah:

There are a couple of books you can read about the Sauds.

The House of Saud
Oil, God & Gold (Corporate History of Saudi Aramco)
then there is a new one about the Bushs and the Sauds.

I doubt you are going to get much information about them. My friends who lived in Saudi refused to even say their names in public. And the royals were NEVER seen in public unlike many other Gulf countries.

The Economist magazine regularly covers the Gulf region.

And I think you are seeing the Prince's daughter unveiled because she is receiving her university degree from what looks like a western university. If you ever travel to the gulf you will notice that upon boarding the plane it is full of women in abayas and shailas but upon landing in Paris or London or whatever the ladies have mysteriously transformed into very fashionable women (sans abaya and shaila).

I cover my head and my face ( so what ??? ) I believe that very personal thing
the princess reem or the queen Rania or any princess or ordinary girl can choose do what they believe
( they old enough to follow what they believe in )

silver charm you know if I go to Paris or London I will still cover my head and my face because that mean of freedom
and what you mean by say (transformed into very fashionable women (sans abaya and shaila).

are you mean when I covered I'm not fashionable women !!! :(

Originally posted by houri@Jun 13th, 2004 - 3:01 pm
I cover my head and my face ( so what ??? ) I believe that very personal thing
the princess reem or the queen Rania or any princess or ordinary girl can choose do what they believe
( they old enough to follow what they believe in )

silver charm you know if I go to Paris or London I will still cover my head and my face because that mean of freedom
and what you mean by say (transformed into very fashionable women (sans abaya and shaila).

are you mean when I covered I'm not fashionable women !!! :(
i was using fashionable as a polite to say 'let it all hang out'.

i find it very distrubing myself the hypocrisy of a woman must be covered in one country and then not in another. i agree-its a personal choice. so let the lady choose where and when she feels like it.

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:01 am
Akilah:

The House of Saud

I doubt you are going to get much information about them. My friends who lived in Saudi refused to even say their names in public. And the royals were NEVER seen in public unlike many other Gulf countries.

And I think you are seeing the Prince's daughter unveiled because she is receiving her university degree from what looks like a western university. If you ever travel to the gulf you will notice that upon boarding the plane it is full of women in abayas and shailas but upon landing in Paris or London or whatever the ladies have mysteriously transformed into very fashionable women (sans abaya and shaila).
Dear silver charm,

in an arab country, specifically the gulf, you will feel much better, wearing at least the abaya. Especially if u are recognized as an mideast women, there is much more pressure on you in terms, how you behave in public etc. Just imagine all the looks u'll get, while you show off too much (which means even a small detail, while in europe and the rest of the world nobody cares about)! So wearing Abaya and sheyla you indulge in total freedom..

And beside this... There are fantastic designs for Abaya combo's.

I love the silk covering my body.

Regards
:heart:

Originally posted by santal_blanc+Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:01 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (santal_blanc @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:01 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver charm@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:01 am
Akilah:

The House of Saud

Dear silver charm,

in an arab country, specifically the gulf, you will feel much better, wearing at least the abaya. Especially if u are recognized as an mideast women, there is much more pressure on you in terms, how you behave in public etc. Just imagine all the looks u'll get, while you show off too much (which means even a small detail, while in europe and the rest of the world nobody cares about)! So wearing Abaya and sheyla you indulge in total freedom..

And beside this... There are fantastic designs for Abaya combo's.

I love the silk covering my body.

Regards
:heart: [/b][/quote]
Definately, there are some wonderful designs for Abayas. But definately it should be a personal choice but like most things that are personal, a woman's family and society has a lot more to say than the woman, herself. And it doesn't matter if she is from the west or mid-east or outer space.

I was always shocked by the lady's who wore abaya and shailas but made sure to 'arrange' eveyrthing so cleavage, midriff and legs are clearly visible to everyone who dares a look. Also many men I talked to thought the abaya and shaila was very attractive. They always used the terms 'unwrapping a present'.

( Also many men I talked to thought the abaya and shaila was very attractive. They always used the terms 'unwrapping a present' )

silver charm , arab man from gulf or other man ? :wacko:

Originally posted by houri@Jun 14th, 2004 - 11:34 pm
( Also many men I talked to thought the abaya and shaila was very attractive. They always used the terms 'unwrapping a present' )

silver charm , arab man from gulf or other man ? :wacko:
expat men, of course, they never got within 20ft of a woman in ababya and shaila, though. and i would NEVER in a million years ask a local guy what he thinks about abayas.

if he ( expat men ) I am sure I don't care about his opinion ;)

I am glad I was able to see Princess Reem`s pic. Very beautiful girl. Wish I could see her mom`s pic.

Yeah, so am I. But is Prince Al Waleed still married to her mother? I have been told he is married to a someone else now, a younger woman.

Houri: He has two children, right? Do you know anything about his children?

Originally posted by La la@Jun 16th, 2004 - 8:09 am
Yeah, so am I. But is Prince Al Waleed still married to her mother? I have been told he is married to a someone else now, a younger woman.

Houri: He has two children, right? Do you know anything about his children?
no he has one daughter ( reem )and one son ( khaled ) and I think his age 24

and he look different
I think he is from another mother

houri:

have you ever found a pic of your favorite? you said you were going to look.

i saw one of him skiing but you couldn't see his face due to ski googles/hats and stuff. nice body though.

You see them on TV? Does it mean you are somewhere in ME now? If you do not mind me asking...

I am from kuwait

julial I should go now
but you can ask me about any thing and if I could I will answer

Prince Khaled and Princess Reem are from the same mother - I think it was Prince Alwaleed second wife who is their mother....

Has anyone gone through this site?:

http://www.sauduction.com

It's a anti royal family propaganda site that chronicles and comments on various news stories and activities relating to the Saudi royal family: the abuses and corruption, the commission system of doing business, the censorship, the lobbying and secret deals, family arrests, drugs, sex and call girls, the palaces. They really go after Prince Bandar.

There are some interesting pictures interspersed in some of the editions. It hasn't been updated in several years, but I think it began around the time of the first Gulf War.

If even 10% of the commentary has some truth to it, then WOW. Maybe 3 or 4 hells isn't big enough, :-(

Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 5th, 2004 - 3:49 am
Has anyone gone through this site?:

http://www.sauduction.com

It's a anti royal family propaganda site that chronicles and comments on various news stories and activities relating to the Saudi royal family: the abuses and corruption, the commission system of doing business, the censorship, the lobbying and secret deals, family arrests, drugs, sex and call girls, the palaces. They really go after Prince Bandar.

There are some interesting pictures interspersed in some of the editions. It hasn't been updated in several years, but I think it began around the time of the first Gulf War.

If even 10% of the commentary has some truth to it, then WOW. Maybe 3 or 4 hells isn't big enough, :-(
Yup, I have. I was aghast when first reading it and I wanted to provide with the link but decided not to as the site has more of a political agenda/breeding and some of the articles were pukka anti-Muslim and anti-arab or maybe it was a reflection of the hypocrisy. What do I know? People need the truth in dribs and drabs.

A researcher from the Gulf once stated: "In prison, same-sex sex is the norm. Saudi Arabia is just a large prison."

I didn't like the site because I think it is anti Muslim and anti-arab .

Who did build this site ?

when we know , who ? we will know why ? and we will know if it is truth or not .

I know that not every thing perfect in saudi but in the same time not every thing bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom