How Many Princess Are There In Saudi Arabia?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josefine said:
and how is this related to the topic on a royalty forum?
Its not related to royalty but just wanted to make things clear to some people who have a wrong image about Saudi Arabia, they said something wrong and asked a Q, so decided to correct them.

mahawi said:
Now as for the veil thing ...veil is the most important thing for women in Islam
mahawi, I agree with much of what you've said but I respectfully disagree with you there. The veil is NOT the most important thing for women in Islam. I dont want to turn this into a religious debate but I have to say this. The Quran only mentions modesty in dress for both men and women. I totally respect women who wear the hijab. But the mode of dressing is not even remotely as big of a deal as some Muslims like to make it. In Saudi Arabia, the covering up thing, like in many parts of the world is more cultural than religious. The veil came long before Islam did. It existed in the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe long before the birth of the Prophet.

The things that are of most importance in Islam, are repeated over and over in the Quran, which emphasizes kindness, piety, virtue, prayer etc. The clothing issue is only mentioned once, and even then, its all about modesty, nothing about the exact way of dress. Islam should not be reduced to a mere squabble over the veil which, I know you haven't suggested, but lots of people out there do.
The way we dress isn't nearly as important as the way we act and treat others.
Thats all I have to say about this.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
mahawi, I agree with much of what you've said but I respectfully disagree with you there. The veil is NOT the most important thing for women in Islam. I dont want to turn this into a religious debate but I have to say this. The Quran only mentions modesty in dress for both men and women. I totally respect women who wear the hijab. But the mode of dressing is not even remotely as big of a deal as some Muslims like to make it. In Saudi Arabia, the covering up thing, like in many parts of the world is more cultural than religious. The veil came long before Islam did. It existed in the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe long before the birth of the Prophet.

The things that are of most importance in Islam, are repeated over and over in the Quran, which emphasizes kindness, piety, virtue, prayer etc. The clothing issue is only mentioned once, and even then, its all about modesty, nothing about the exact way of dress. Islam should not be reduced to a mere squabble over the veil which, I know you haven't suggested, but lots of people out there do.
The way we dress isn't nearly as important as the way we act and treat others.
Thats all I have to say about this.
Lyonnaise and Josephine I promise this will be my last replay on this topic ...

humera u are absolutely right, there are other important thing in Islam ,and yes veil is not the most important thing to the (women) but (one) of the important things.
i didn't mention the other things because simply they weren't relevant to the subject, the issue of veil was brought up and i wanted to comment on it , that wearing veil does not make me ignorant but at the same time not wearing it does not make anybody less of a Muslim, and it's the heart that counts and i think we share this point of view and I'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough,thanx

Last edited:
What is a sheikha? Is it like a princess or more like a lady or duchess?

mahawi said:
Lyonnaise and Josephine I promise this will be my last replay on this topic ...

humera u are absolutely right, there are other important thing in Islam ,and yes veil is not the most important thing to the (women) but (one) of the important things.
i didn't mention the other things because simply they weren't relevant to the subject, the issue of veil was brought up and i wanted to comment on it , that wearing veil does not make me ignorant but at the same time not wearing it does not make anybody less of a Muslim, and it's the heart that counts and i think we share this point of view and I'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough,thanx
I see
Thanks for clearing it up.

the last thing I want to mention is the poverty in Saudi Arabia …yes defiantly we have poverty ,and this is a very normal thing , because in every country even if it was (rich)you can find poor people…in America which is also considered to be a rich country they have homeless people and poor ,in Saudi Arabia most of these people had the chances in making their lives better especially in the seventies and in the eighties when life was much better and being well off was very easy to achieve, but many of these people chose to be poor by quitting schools and seek ways to get money in illegal way and then ending up in jails…. and u know the rest of the story…
----------------------------
I do not think it is normal thing to see poverty in SA. The royal family is ruling based on extreme version of Islam and if they are real followers of that version then there should be fair distribution of EASY WEALTH.

There is discrimination against the SHIA in the eastern part of SA. The land beneth them is full of oil but they only smell it and do not enjoy it. The people who enjoy this wealth is the Wahabbism tribes and the royal family.

Do you mean that most of the royals are intelligent and thus they got a good slice of the wealth cake. There is no realtionship between wealth and schooling (Bill Gates is an example.. richest man). So your argument is invalid.

I heard that whole departments in Aramco are from single tribes so does that mean that the selection for those departments were based on intelligence.

If intelligence was a factor in SA then it should be a paradise to live. I have visited the eastern part of SA and I was shocked to see the conditions of roads from that country that is exporting asphalt to all parts of the world.

The whole gulf will be doomed one day and it will be sooner than later. I am a citizen from one of the tiny countries in that part of the world and I was glad to see that the first Hydrogen fuel station recently opened in Washington DC.

Why I was happy? Wealth has made these ROYALS considers the nations as servants rather than citizens. I want the oil prices to go down so these royals do not become financially fatter and hence try to buy time and reduce the rights of its citzens.

Innovation is the key to progress. Do you know what is happening to the new wealth pumped into the region. New islands are built as real estate. SA and Qatar which have plenty of land are destroying the marine environment!!
This is the Gulf version of innovation. :) Good for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom