House of Saud, News and Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there like more than 100 prince in Saudi Arabia? So which one is the 'official' one?

No-one apart from the Saudis themselves know how many members there are in the House of Saud. Estimates range up to seven or eight thousand.
There are about 150 Royal Highness princes, being the sons and grandsons of Ibn Saud, and an unknown number of Highness princes and princesses.
See Wiki on the House of Saud for more detail.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]BBC iPlayer - Inside the Saudi Kingdom

I'm not quite sure if this is the place for it, but there's a really interesting video here form the BBC (for UK internet users only I'm afraid) where the BBC was granted access to one of the Princes, Prince Saud Abdul bin Mohsen, the Govenor of Ha'il Province.
[/FONT]

Saudi King Abudullah For First Time In History Did Not Snub Israel

United Nations, NY - A U.N. conference on religious tolerance broke new ground Wednesday when a half-dozen Arab leaders - including Saudi King Abdullah for the first time ever - stayed in their seats while an Israeli president spoke.

Perhaps the reason was that they liked what he said.

President Shimon Peres, a Nobel Peace laureate and leading Israeli dove, embraced a 2002 Saudi peace initiative to recognize Israel in exchange for a withdrawal by the Jewish state to pre-1967 borders.

"I must say there is a profound change in their perception," Mr. Peres told reporters an hour after receiving what might be the loudest applause an Israeli leader has ever experienced inside the chambers of the U.N. General Assembly.

The two-day conference initiated by Saudi King Abdullah was meant to defuse tensions among religions and sects.

Besides the Saudi monarch, those who sat and listened to Mr. Peres included the king of Jordan, the prime ministers of Morocco and Qatar, the president of Lebanon and the emir of Kuwait.

Until Wednesday, Saudi policy was to publicly shun Israeli leaders.

King Abdullah skipped a U.S.-sponsored conference in Annapolis a year ago and sent his foreign minister, Saud al-Faisal, instead.

Prince Saud then sat in the hall outside the main conference room at the U.S. Naval Academy when it was Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's turn to speak.

A small city in freezing Minnesota was sent into a slack-jawed frenzy when the king of Saudi Arabia showed up last week with an entourage of hundreds and spent enough money to bring the local economy out of recession.
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, 84, landed in Rochester, Minn., on Nov. 15 - straight from the G20 summit in Washington - with an entourage of hundreds that filled at least two 747 jumbo jets.
A Saudi news agency reported that he was in town for a checkup at the Mayo Clinic, a pioneer in cardiac treatment. A local paper reported that members of his family also had been cared for at the clinic this month.
The king was greeted on the tarmac in Rochester by at least five Saudi princes, they said. . . .
The king's servants would precede his party to restaurants and check them out, going so far as to inspect the silverware, the paper said.
And although consuming alcohol could get you stoned in their native land, the king's entourage wasn't shy about boozing it up in the land of the free.
"They came in, they populated our bar most of the time, drank a lot of Opus and Chimney Rock [wines]," said Heather Penderson. "They are super-nice people. Ate steaks, tipped generously."

Abdulla Bin Metáb The Grandson of King ABdulla KSA Ruler

This an interview with The Prince and the Horseback Rider (Abdullah Bin Metáb Bin Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud) , The Grandson of KSA Ruler King Abdulla Bin Abdul Aziz​

His Birthday is 13/10/1982, 3 moths ago he got married to another Saudi Princess name's Sara Bint ABdullah Bin Msa'ed Al Saud

http://www.al-akhbar.com/files/images/p16_20071113_pic1.full.jpg

He is a member of The National Horseback riding Team who represent KSA on the whole international events and compittions

http://www.up-00.com/uploads/uLo31215.jpg
http://www.alarabiya.net/files/image/large_31967_41705.jpg
http://www.alarabiya.net/files/image/arab_games_horses_1511_227_8622.jpg

He has many International Gold medalians, in Egypt, Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain .. etc, and he was from the compitioners that reached to the world cup

http://www.alriyadh.com/2005/02/26/img/272031.jpg
http://www.alyaum.com/images/12/12843/607758_1.jpg

He is so HUMBLE so RESPCTFULL , and Highly POLIT.​

and He is studing Law at King Saud University in Riyadh​

This the interview the interview,, it's regarding the the award the he got as the Best Sportive at KSA for 2007

There is a subinterview with another man .. it's his father Metáb Bin Abdullah, Talking about is son, his childhood and how did he raise him.​

for who watch the interview i attached,, i'll tell u the meaning of tow words u'll hear it alot at the show Lol​

Al Ameer: the Prince​

Al Faris: the Horseback Rider​

So, Al Ameer Al Faris Abdulla Bin Metáb

The Prince & the Horseback Rider Abdullah Bin Met'ab

Parts from the interview:​

during the show peopls where sending sms msgs, all of the msgs was aproudness of Higness Prince Abdullah, but one of them was from a girl, she asked if he is single or married :whistling: LOl :D

he laughed and he got embarrassedm and he said i'm not single and i'm not married, actually i'm engaged now to Princess Sara Bint Abdullah Bin Mesaéd

and that was during the minutes from 19:04 till 19:34

- -

and from 20:16 till 20:55

His father was saying that i want him to know that in all compittions all the citzines from the oldest to the youngest will be waiting for he results for this man who is representing the whole KSA and Millions of Saudis

Then Prince Abdullah comment on that, that when he is in the arena in a compettion, He forgot his name and who is he, and he just remember that he is Saudi the son of Saudi the son of Saudi

At the End, Hope u enjoyed the Topic, and u knew more about Prince Abdullah :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
He also joined the Saudi team at the Olympics 2008 for show jumping. He has a very good reputation in the riding circut

Yes He is :)

and yup he joined the Saudi team at the Olympics 2008 for show jumping.

Prince and Minister

Prince Faisal Bin Abdullah Bin Mohammed is the new appointed Minister of Eduction in Saudi Arabia. His mother is Her Royal Higness Princess Nouf Bent Abdulaziz (sister of the current king Abdullah). He is married from Her royal Highness Princess Adelah doughter of HM King Abduallah.

HRH Prince Saud Al Faisal

HRH Prince Saud Al Faisal is the forign minister of Saudi Arabia. He hold this position since 1975. He is married to lady Turfah Alanzy a Saudi national. He has 3 sons and 3 doughters. His elder doughter (HRH princess Haifa) is married to HRH prince Sultan bin Salman Al Saud.

Prince Turki bin Khalid Abdul Aziz?

I'm new to this forum :) I've been trying to get information (and decipher!) some of these Saudi Princes... I recently read an article on Prince Turki bin Khalid, son of Saudi Arabian Deputy of Defence Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.

Does anyone know anything about him?

Photo from Getty Images - News, photos, topics, and quotes

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this news, if I have the right family?

Princess Lama al Saoud is a member of this family??? She is competing today in Antwerp, Belgium in the show-jumping. Athina Onassis de Miranda is there too. Jumping Antwerpen

King Abdullahs private visit was to check on his brother the Crown Prince Sultan who has been in Morocco for a while after returning from New York where he was being treated for an unknown medical problem

Saudi king insists crown prince is 'well'

Saudi Arabian officials have insisted the country's ailing crown prince is "well".
The nation's state-run media has reported the Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud is healthy after treatment for a mystery illness in the US last year - Full Article

right Dazzling,the Saudi CP is sick and he is in Morocco more than two month now,king Hamad visit him today too.

I thought the King visit to Morocco was just a day or so

Saudi Arabia - King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Opens Mosque and School in Morocco

...The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud inaugurated on Tuesday King Abdulaziz Al Saud Mosque and Fahda bint Al-Asi Al-Shuraim Secondary School for Qualification in Boskora city in Morocco... - Full Article

apparently he is there for vacation,he use to be see in sush activities during his holiday in Morocco,or maybe the CP health condition is much bad than they say and he want to stay beside him??

The King quoted that Prince Sultan was doing quite well. How long are his holidays in Morocco for?

Last edited:
I wonder if it is common for Saudi princesses to travel with that much jewels? It is still disgusting that this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom