House of Saud, News and Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How 'progressive' to allow 51% of the population to have 20% representation in the government. Sorry, but I am not awarding any medals on this. Time for KSA to at least join the last century, if they can't manage the 21sf.

How 'progressive' to allow 51% of the population to have 20% representation in the government. Sorry, but I am not awarding any medals on this. Time for KSA to at least join the last century, if they can't manage the 21sf.

It's not like half the legislators of all western countries are women either. The 113th US Congress is 18.3% women.

It's not like half the legislators of all western countries are women either. The 113th US Congress is 18.3% women.

That is a matter of who runs for congress, here, not someone saying I will permit you to have a certain percentage. And BTW congress here has an approval rating of 9% today. I am. Certainly not holding them out as a shining example.

You need to keep in mind that very few ladies work in Saudi or are qualified therefore you can't expect a higher ratio. One step at a time and this is only the beginning.

I stand by what Dazz said plus the most important is not how many women is in the Shura Council, the most important is that the men in the society stop thinking of women like inferior human being and wich I don't think King Abdullah can dp much about it IMO.

Prince Miteb bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has passed a way. He was 53 years old.

Source

Last edited:
HRH Prince Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud passes away
Source
“The funeral prayers will be held on Tuesday at the Imam Turki Mosque in Riyadh,” the court said in a brief announcement carried by the Saudi Press Agency.
The prince, 81, is the 20th son of King Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the founder of the Saudi kingdom and its first ruler.
He served as minister of communication in 1961 and as deputy commander of the National Guard from 1968 until he asked to be relieved in November, 2010.
Saudi prince Bader Bin Abdul Aziz dies | GulfNews.com

Last edited:
Death of Prince Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
The Saudi Royal Court announced today that Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud died today, April 1, at the age of 81. A statement issued by the court states funeral prayers for the late Prince will be performed after Asr prayer tomorrow, April 2, at the Imam Turkey bin Abdullah Mosque in Riyadh.
Prince Badr was born in 1932 to King Abdulaziz (the first Monarch of Saudi Arabia) and his 12th wife, Haya bint Sa’ad al- Sudairi (a member of the powerful Sudairi family). Prince Badr had well over fifty half-siblings and three full brothers, Princes Abdul Majeed and Abdul Ilah.
Condolences to the Saudi Royal Family.

Source

Created by #Perfect Image# 2013-04-01 17:06:34 Saudi prince Bader Bin Abdul Aziz dies
Bader was long-term deputy commander of National Guard
By Habib Toumi Bureau ChiefPublished: 14:56 April 1, 2013
Share on linkedinShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services2
Manama: The Saudi Royal Court on Monday announced the death of Prince Bader Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
“The funeral prayers will be held on Tuesday at the Imam Turki Mosque in Riyadh,” the court said in a brief announcement carried by the Saudi Press Agency.
The prince, 81, is the 20th son of King Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the founder of the Saudi kingdom and its first ruler.
He served as minister of communication in 1961 and as deputy commander of the National Guard from 1968 until he asked to be relieved in November, 2010.
Article continues below

He was also known for his active role as the head of the supreme committee for the national heritage and culture festival and in the equestrian club.
PrintEmail a friend
Share on linkedinShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services2
MORE FROM SAUDI ARABIA
Prince Bader Bin Abdul Aziz dies. A Loyal Al-Saud, missing you! Princess Yasmine, retains the joy filled moments His Highness gave Her Highness, both as a Child and as an Adult! His Highness, was graced with frankness, and heart-filled Compassion! If death be true for His Highness, we will only find joy, through being reacquainted on the Day of Resurrection! Happy Easter Crown Prince Badr, Al-Saud! His Highness, worked for my Father Sultan Al-Saud, and these memories I, since Childhood, have cherished. Meeting-up with His Highness in Bahrain, re-established our Family Memories, knowing who one another were!

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not get very old, did he have any health issues like cancer or did he have coronary problems? I did not find any explanation for his rather early demise.
My condolences go out to the family of Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud !

Source

Rossina, please tell me what drew your attention to His Highness? Are you a Royal, or a Journalist, or a Family Friend?

His Highness Bader, lived in Bahrain and remained active throughout His Highness Life. The World for His Highness, was a day that would pass and lead to Eternal Life. His Highness had a Conscience, and never dodged being corrected for a wrong. His Highness at times would be misunderstood, being an on-the-job, trained Prince-in-waiting to the Kings.
Prince Bader, loved the Entertainment world, and enjoyed complimenting Women for who they were 'formed' to be. The Prince could speak but one language, Arabic, the other Cultured Tongues were to reveal through 'body-language' their Communications; some Communication was a success, and the others a insult; such was the Life of Multi-Lingual Correspondences? Prince Bader, was sad if the Company was not able to reason the intended Statements, and too, if His Highness' own people were hasty to a judgement.
The Prince could feel the lost state of those bound to the 'sail' of the Alcohol call! Never doubted within His Highness-Self, that the 'lady' in the bottle was just a conversation-peice! Alcohol lived a fantasy, being the lure that glued a man to his chair! Charm dressed the Lady (Alcohol), and all that Chanted with 'Her' cheers, got the heart of their Peers.
His Highness, was a Gold Heart Healer, and this is what all should remember!

Do the Saudis have a plan B for succession. Any of King Sauds sons still liviing must now be too old to take on the role. Where does the line of succession go next?

The Saud's believe in Allah, and when you have that Faith, it is an 'Anshallah'- God Willing! This means: If I can restrain myself; Allah-God's Will be done?
The plan of each Adult among the Senior-Saud Family, is to bless-Its-own, and next to bless the others. At onetime there was an anarchical Plan, but as abuse began to distract and scramble the Intelligence behind the 'Plan', Pre-organised Territorial ownership set-in, dividing the Saudi Heritage Kingdom into Family-Neighbours.

Al-Saud's are unique; they war among themselves, make peace among themselves, and then they re-unite to start the process of 'succession' again! They like the Heritage Family Feud, found among the Tribes of Abraham and too, finding themselves able to adjust to its finality.
It is not up to me to fill your ears with the Windsor 'Ranks'; Saudis are Tribal minded People, looking for acceptance among Brothers and Sisters believing in the ways of Prophet Mohamad?
Hope this answers the question: Its a Saud Surprise Package, every turn along the road?

Actually it does not answer my question at all. Saudi monarchs and crown princes have an executive role in the government of an important country in a strategic location in the world. Placing increasingly aged and feeble men in the leadership is a dangerous thing to do in that part of the world. It might be time to look at a younger generation of princes who might be better able to deal with internal dissent and external threads while at the same time increasing the rate of modernization and the admission of well educated non-princes into positions of real power within the government.

@NGalitzine: Arabs usually have great admiration for their leaders and don´t question their decisions and skills.While we have a growing number of young professionals and highly educated Saudis emerging,they are not very well-represented in their country´s government and they have very little saying on the laws and how they are being decided. I would also wish to see someone who is leading the KSA into a modern era and allows more social change which will also include the right to drive for women,among many other things that need to be decided and re-evaluated.

House of Al Saud Part 3a: June 2013 -

Saudi princes lose battle to keep court documents secret | World news | The Guardian

Two prominent Saudi princes are involved in a London-registered company that supposedly facilitated "money laundering" for Hezbollah in Lebanon and helped smuggle precious stones out of Congo, according to contested allegations in court documents obtained by the Guardian. The claims emerge from court papers that lawyers for the Saudis have spent a year trying to suppress, including resorting to threats that relations with Britain would be damaged if they were revealed.

Lawyers for the two princes – Prince Mishal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, a former defence minister, brother of King Abdullah and chairman of the country's influential allegiance council, and his son Prince Abdulaziz bin Mishal bin Al Saud – dismiss the claims as fabrications, "extortion" and "blackmail".

They contend that their former partner, a Jordanian, Faisal Almhairat, "misappropriated" money from accounts, denied them access to company books, shut down the shared business and "interfered with the negotiations" on telecommunications deals. Almhairat, in turn, disputes their claims.

The king of Saudi Arabia has been 'clinically dead' for almost a week and is on life support machines, according to local media.
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has been critically ill since last Wednesday, according to a Saudi journalist working in London, and has not been seen in public since.
The reporter, working for daily news service Asharq Alawsat, told Press TV that doctors used a defibrillator to revive him several times.
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud 'has been clinically dead for six days and is being kept alive by a ventilator' | Mail Online

If the moderators find the article inappropriate, please, delete it.

Last edited:
IF the story is true which may be a big IF, to me it would indicate that the House of Saud is having some serious debate over who the new monarch should be. Perhaps there is a strong faction in the family wanting a new younger generation in the top role and not another of the founders aged sons.

IF the news is true, I hope that they find a good leader who has sound moral principles and a good educational background to be able to represent his country in a good way and allow some reforms in order to make the country more just and modern.

not true he arrived to Morocco couple of days ago and in good health
Saudi king Abdullah in 'private visit' to Morocco - Alarabiya.net English | Front Page

That´s good to know, I am happy to hear that!
His health has been very bad lately,that´s why I was not completely sure if the other source was wrong or right. His death would certainly create a lot of turmoil and political instability in Saudi Arabia that would not be good at the moment with all the conflicts in Syria,Lebanon and other countries of the Middle East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom