Candice Cohen-Agnine and Prince Sattam Al Saud: Custody and Death Cases

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lenora

Heir Presumptive
City
Riga
Country
Latvia
Does anyone know the sad story of the French Jewish woman and the Saudi prince Sattam?
Many years ago she and the prince had a serious relation, but later he decided to marry another woman, having followed family traditions.The couple's only child, a girl, had stayed with her mother until Prince kidnapped the child from mother.The desperate mother did everything in order to return her only kid, even wrote a book, titled " Retournez ma fille" ("Give me my daughter back").
After 3 years of courageous efforts, in 2012 mother won a custody battle in France against the Saudi prince, who had been ordered to return their 10-year old daughter he was alleged to have kidnapped after their cross-religious romance turned sour.
Candice was on the point to have her little girl home, but on 18th August she has been found dead, her death arises many suspicious questions.
Candice Cohen-Ahnine se bat pour revoir sa fille et meurt dans des circonstances suspectes - RTL.fr
French Jewish mother wins custody battle against Saudi prince - Telegraph
Interview de Candice Cohen-Ahnine pour son livre Rendez moi ma fille - YouTube

Last edited:
As women are treated as chattel by Saudis, it is not a shock that he had their daughter kidnapped and then in her victory to have her child returned, be murdered by the loser. As she was just a woman and a Jew to boot. How very sad for this child.

How is the French police progressing with the investigation?

Anyhow scary story, morale: if a saudi prince is interested in you, think twice.

Mother who won child custody battle against Saudi prince plunges to her death from luxury Paris apartment just days after telling relatives she felt 'threatened'
A mother who was involved in a bitter child custody battle with a Saudi prince she met in London has plunged to her death from a luxury apartment block. Candice Cohen-Ahnine, 35, had told relatives 'I feel threatened' in the days before she fell from the fourth floor of the complex off the Champs Elysees in Paris. Suicide has been ruled out.

Unfortunately if a member of the Saudi Royal house is involved, he can claim diplomatic immunity from prosecution.

What else is new? These things are done without a thought to prosecution.

I'm not surprised by the verdict (no one wants to quarrel with the Saudi royals at the moment), but cannot say I'd be 100% satisfied with it if I were Candice's family.
Poor little Aya. :sad:

do they never say in France that a death is inconclusive I wonder because this might mean that there was not anything suspicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't think they would have hired a bungler who left a trail. Money can buy anything, their kind of money can buy discreet murder. I feel very sorry for the family and the small child.

Conspiracy theories will no doubt run rampant with movies of the week to follow, but sometimes the answer is that accidents do happen. People take too much medication and they die, even those who never had relationships with Saudi princes can have the same thing happen to them. Sad but hardly unique.

Anything is possible, but just when she wins custody of her daughter, she is dead. What bum luck. No one said there was too much medication in her body, and I am sure there was an autopsy and so many people "plunge" to their deaths. A common occurence.

:previous:
source: the china post, well that is a country I would rely on for a truthfull account :p

That's a very horrible and scary story,
you really should be careful of who you're having a relationship and kids with !!
I don't think a lady who fights for her daughter
will have a suicidal nature !!,

Cohen-Ahnine slipped and fell to her death while trying to pass along a narrow ledge between two windows of her fourth-floor flat in a chic Paris district on August 16, witnesses said, according to police.

:ermm: why would anyone do that !!

Last edited:
I think you are right. But power and money have one the day, you can bribe anyone.

this is a horrible story.

can anyone tell us how prince sattam relates to the saudi king?

:ermm: I tried to find his full name but I couldn't find it, he's only referred as prince Sattam AlSaud, the story is all over Arabic media and none of them mentions the full name or how he relates to the king so I believe the king and Sattam aren't closely related

Remember, the multiple wives and children, so who knows. The only thing I can say is that they are all availed to great power and money and immunity.

Sad story: When parents finish their relationship, then a child should never be their point of contention. Perhaps one of the parents wins - but at what cost? The child will always be the loser of this situation.

Very sad. And, of course, Saudi Arabia, will allow the abduction of this poor child to be raised in the ignorance of their mother's identity. She was just a woman. Plus, I, believe, the father had the mother murdered, as do the grandparents and rightly so.

We do not know what happened. So we should not condemn someone whose guilt has not been proven. God knows the truth. And if Prince Sattam as the ex-husband/ former friend take the blame for the death of the woman, he must be accountable before God someday.

Under applicable law in the most arab countries, a child belongs to the father and his family. This does not mean that a child to be raised in the ignorance of its mother's identity.

No we don't and you are correct. This child will never know who her mother was and what happened. That is the reality. You can espouse what you wish. Her grandparents, unless, they can prevail somewhere or abudct her will lose her. Yes, God will judge, by then it will not matter to the other family. Unfortunately, the right of the father, which is bizarre, overides all. Wealth and stealth protects murderers. The laws that protect him, never protected her. Equal rights under the law do not exist in the Kingdom.

The daughter will grow up to a woman without mother's love. I'm sure she will ask questions and seek answers one day. Then her father and his family have to face these questions. Perhaps she finds the truth in this way.

The thing about the law is always difficult in all countries of the world. Sometimes you are right and it does not get attributed to you. But back to this case: Who is entitled to a child? Did one of the parents (whether man or woman) has a right to raise a child alone? (Of course, there are exceptions, where it is more appropriate to leave a child with only one parent. But I think, that was not the case here). You have to see more from the perspective of the child. In the parents dispute about a child , the child´s rights have been infringed - not the right of the mother or the father. A minor is dependent on the willingness of its parents, to act together in best interest of their child even if they no longer have a relationship.

Nice try. If she were not a girl, being raised in a country which has very lttle use for women, I would say, of course. To take a child, bring them to a nation where they will be second class citizens, princess or not, wow what a sham. No parent has a right over the other, but when one parent may be the murderer or contract murderer, I know, no evidence, wow, what a msytery, then it is not the same. Her father, never considered her real life, being better where she would have complete freedom of choice and be an equal. He cared about his power and cultural demands. And, one day, if she can seek questions, she will run screaming, which is the real pity. This is a terrible story about power and money, which Prince Sattam had plenty and a child who will be denied her rightful relgious identity and human rights as a person, living under a repressive system. Saudi Arabia is not a place where you can ask questions, if you are female.

Nice try. If she were not a girl, being raised in a country which has very lttle use for women, I would say, of course. To take a child, bring them to a nation where they will be second class citizens, princess or not, wow what a sham.

Your interest is more the fact of women's rights than that, what really happened in this case. Right?

No parent has a right over the other, but when one parent may be the murderer or contract murderer, I know, no evidence, wow, what a msytery, then it is not the same.
You say it with your own words - no evidence, that Prince Sattam has to do with the death of his ex-wife in personal terms (in psychological terms, he has certainly made his contribution undoubtedly). If she want that the child should live with her, then he has the right to say that he wants it to live with him. It would have been a good idea if both had to agree by consensus - for the good of the child. And that has nothing to do with race, pedigree, religion or gender. Only has to do with parenthood, which contributes responsibility in spite of the separation of the parents as a couple.

Maybe she does have committed suicide, according to police reports. Reason could be that she seemed to recognize that - despite the legal victory - she can`t win the battle for her child at last.

Her father, never considered her real life, being better where she would have complete freedom of choice and be an equal. He cared about his power and cultural demands. And, one day, if she can seek questions, she will run screaming, which is the real pity. This is a terrible story about power and money, which Prince Sattam had plenty and a child who will be denied her rightful relgious identity and human rights as a person, living under a repressive system. Saudi Arabia is not a place where you can ask questions, if you are female.
There are many welcome changes. Saudi Arabia may be a very conservative place in many ways. But it is not a prison for women where they are completely deprived of their rights.

Last edited:
Imanmajed, I would say for people from the western world it is about human rights and the parent and child for whom contact with this eastern royal developed so tragically happen to be female.

The tragedy is closer to the level of the child. Parents have the responsibility for their own lives. It's still a problem of the preferences of two persons. There is no problem of gender alone. As someone here in the forum already said before, they should think twice about whether they can cope ever and want managed a marriage between two different cultures. When they become parents, both must share the concern for the child - even in case of divorce. This is not easy, if the parents do not agree and when two very different understandings of law collide with each other.

"Women are one half of society which gives birth to the other half so it is as if they are the entire society."
Ibn Al-Qayyim

Back
Top Bottom