Candice Cohen-Agnine and Prince Sattam Al Saud: Custody and Death Cases

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know all the particulars of the case, but from what i read on wiki and in your discussion here, my question would be:

why was this case tried in France and not in KSA (where i think the alleged kidnap occured)?

Good question! As already discussed before, she would have no chance in KSA to get custody for her child. I think, that Mrs. Candice is a French national, who lives in France and she has assumed that there is a bigger chance to get their child back before a French court until she realized that it was a dead end.

to the ignorant bystander (=me) it seems that the difference in laws in both countries is totally significant in this case...
You get it! Thats the problem here.

Last edited:
When I have time,I will translate some parts of it,I am not a native speaker but I understand some French and could look up some words.

To your comment:"Don´t she know that, before she get pregnant from him? (Please do not throw with poisoned austrian cakes towards me now.... "

I would dare to say that HE understood his culture,traditions and family (including their expectation that he should marry a proper Muslim girl/Saudi princess/his cousin) much more than Miss CAC and should have told her "Darling,we can have a nice time together but you will never be my (official )wife because I have obligations towards my family and they would not accept you as who you are. Than she could have said "Sorry,I only want to have a serious relationship" or "Yes,that sounds great!"-she could have made an informed decision rather than waking up to a nightmare or stumbling into a situation she can´t handle and a culture she doesn´t understand.

In Europe we do have a lot of multi-cultural couples and different-faith weddings,it is not considered anything special.If you look at other Royal families you will see foreign royal ladies like P.Maxima (Argentina),CP Mary (Tasmania) or Noor &Toni Gardiner (US/GB) and they are very well-integrated into their new families and accepted,even adored by the general public.

PS:I would never throw a Sacher cake towards you,chocolate cream cakes and Malakoff cake would be much better for that case;-)

When I have time,I will translate some parts of it,I am not a native speaker but I understand some French and could look up some words.

Thanks, it would be very nice from you. A summary with the most important points is sufficient. :flowers:

To your comment:"Don´t she know that, before she get pregnant from him? (Please do not throw with poisoned austrian cakes towards me now.... "

PS:I would never throw a Sacher cake towards you,chocolate cream cakes and Malakoff cake would be much better for that case;-)

With you, I'd like to go out to eat cake ..... is determined an interesting evening .....But perhaps we will not have a long discussion ....... in view of the throwing speeds of some cakes ......:lol: I joking! I´m harmless! :flowers:

Last edited:
I would dare to say that HE understood his culture,traditions and family (including their expectation that he should marry a proper Muslim girl/Saudi princess/his cousin) much more than Miss CAC and should have told her "Darling,we can have a nice time together but you will never be my (official )wife because I have obligations towards my family and they would not accept you as who you are. Than she could have said "Sorry,I only want to have a serious relationship" or "Yes,that sounds great!"-she could have made an informed decision rather than waking up to a nightmare or stumbling into a situation she can´t handle and a culture she doesn´t understand.

Very wise! And the best idea what someone can have in such a situation. Unfortunately, love is blind for the dark days which will come after the love is gone.

In Europe we do have a lot of multi-cultural couples and different-faith weddings,it is not considered anything special. If you look at other Royal families you will see foreign royal ladies like P. Maxima (Argentina), CP Mary (Tasmania) or Noor & Toni Gardiner (US/GB) and they are very well-integrated into their new families and accepted,even adored by the general public.

A well-integration in the RF of KSA is possible and will be accepted by the public - it presupposes the willingness of both to want to do that with all the consequences that entails. That often lacks.......especially when the two or one of the both are not serious enough with the relationship.

I find it rather amusing that it has been asserted that it's not kidnapping to take a child away from one of its parents, if the party taking the child is the other parent. That's called "custodial interference", which is a crime, at least in this part of the world. If I have a child with a man, and I am granted primary physical and legal custody of the child and their father takes that child away from me.....that's kidnapping. No court in this country would say otherwise. I'm not the least bit surprised that the Middle East is behind the Western world when it comes to that.

Also, if you honestly think Saudi Arabia (and other Middle Eastern countries) doesn't treat women like they're less than human, you must not be very well versed in the actions of some of your people. I understand that the Qu'ran is not anti-woman, but a lot of people who claim to follow it are, and when 99% of those people are in the position of making laws for their respective countries.....exactly what kind of fair shake are women supposed to get? Islam isn't the problem, Muslims are not the problem, the corruption of Islam is the problem. Just the corruption of Christianity here in the United States is a problem (see: the Westboro Baptist Church nutjobs). A Jewish foreign woman? She didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of coming out of this the winner.

Sister Morphine you hit the nail on the head. Your points are perfect.

While I respect Arabic/Middle Eastern culture, I am in full agreement with Sister Morphine.

It was a kidnapping, plain and simple. The Prince went against a court ruling, took a child away from her mother, and (whether directly or indirectly) contributed to Candice's death. Her blood is on his hands, even if it were an accident or suicide - and I don't believe the latter for a second.

also, if you honestly think saudi arabia (and other middle eastern countries) doesn't treat women like they're less than human, you must not be very well versed in the actions of some of your people. I understand that the qu'ran is not anti-woman, but a lot of people who claim to follow it are, and when 99% of those people are in the position of making laws for their respective countries.....exactly what kind of fair shake are women supposed to get? Islam isn't the problem, muslims are not the problem, the corruption of islam is the problem. Just the corruption of christianity here in the united states is a problem (see: The westboro baptist church nutjobs). A jewish foreign woman? She didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of coming out of this the winner.

thank you !!!!!!!!

Sister Morphine,I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your argument regarding religions-unfortunately no matter if it´s Islam,Catholicism or Judaism there are a few men (and when I write that I mean MEN!Patriarchy is in almost every religion) who make the decisions and tell us what´s right and what is wrong,sometimes in complete disagreement with the holy books of that religious community.
They destroy the credibility of the whole religious group and every decent muslim/christian/jew has to stand up and tell them that this is not what we believe in!
Religion is about love,understanding & peace and it should give us something to guide us in our daily life and spiritual search for the truth.Religion is a way of trying to find out how the world works and seeking to explain all the many miracles that science can´t find an answer to.

Currently I am watching a channel dedicated to "Rendez-moi ma fille" (Give me back my daughter),the book CCA wrote and I am trying to get a transcript of the interview because my French hasn´t been used much since school and it would be a lot easier if I had a written transcript.

Here´s the channel,unfortunately it´s in French: Chaîne de rendezmoimafille - YouTube

Last edited:
A little bit I can tell you from listening to the interviews (it may be that I misunderstood some things but I am trying to do my best):
She has met the Prince when she was in London in 1998,Cohen was 18 back than and her daughter Aya arrived three years later (enough time to tell her that he could not make her his official wife and explain why...)there was something about a hospital in Egypt where she woke up and afterwards she went back to Paris but I didn´t quite understand all of it-was it after giving birth or did she have an accident? However,that made her reevaluate her relationship but the Prince tried to win her back and she sais that the "love came back" and he provided her with a princess life-own appartment in the Palace in Ryadh,chauffeur etc.There were plans that they get married but short before the wedding plans were finalised she got the information that he has to marry his cousin who would than be the Prince´s first and official wife.Cohen-Agnine didn´t want to be hidden like a shame and live the life of a mistress and therefore she went back to Europe because the prospct of being a secret wife was completely unacceptable to her.So she went back to Europe and got information about what she could do in her situation,how can she get back her daughter and her family and friends were very worried for her.
She wrote that book and talked in many tv-shows,connected with human rights groupd and organisations that helped women who were in such a bad situation where they are denied their HUMAN RIGHT of seeing their own child.
In September 2008 the Prince invited mother and daughter to Ryadh to "talk about everything" and people warned her to go back but she did and than she was kept like a prisoner,she didn´t get the chance to wash herself,to brush her teeth or have clean drinking water.She was only given bad food and her escape was managed because a maid left a door open.That´s the time when Prince S. abducted her daughter Aya and CC had to go to the embassy to manage to get out of the country alive.The French ambassador helped her to contact the French Foreign Minister (ex-president Sarkozy) who tried to get Aya back to France who was by that time living in the Palace in Ryadh where she sometimes was allowed to have brief telephone talks with her mother.The Prince denied any wrongdoing (quel surprise!) and said that CC married Prince al-Saud under Islamic law and converted to Islam (she was jewish before) so she should follow the so-called Sharia (which can be interpreted by Muslim scholars in many different ways) and they could share custody.Officially she had the option to come-and-go as she likes but how can you do that if there is a warrant against you because you (CC has accepted Islam) have converted to Judaism which is a crime in KSA....
so than she went to the French court and won the custody battle-however the prince didn´t follow the court´s jurisdication.
She wrote the book and tried to raise as much awareness and media attention possible to get back her daughter (the book is also available in English by the way).

At the age of only 35 years,one day before she should make the final document that would enable her to get back her daughter,she fell from the balcony in Paris after she reportedly told neighbours and friends she is threatened and she doesn´t feel safe.

from an article:"On 21 August, the police announced that Cohen-Ahnine's death was an accident. A witness confirmed seeing her trying to move from one window to another."This was interpreted by the police that she has tried to flee from someone who was following her and she tried to get into the other appartment because she needed help.

The toxicology test results are not finished yet but my verdict is clear & I can just join Jean-Claude Elfassi, co-author of Ms Cohen-Ahnin's book who wrote in his blog on August 17: "I can only show my disgust at the slowness of the investigating judge in charge of her case, who after three years of investigating never delivered an arrest warrant for Prince Sattam al-Saud".

Last edited:
Thank you all for your clear and pursuasive words on this subject. I will retract that a mother can care for a child better than a father. There are, plenty, of good fathers, but I do not think this is the case.

Found some more interesting information on telegraph,a trustworthy newspaper:
For the past three-and-a-half years, the prince has kept Aya in a Riyadh palace despite efforts by the French foreign ministry and President Nicolas Sarkozy's office to resolve the issue.

But the French court ruling appears to have had no effect on the prince. “What do I care of Sarkozy?” he is cited as telling Nouvel Observateur magazine. “If need be, I’ll go like [Osama] bin Laden and hide in the mountains with Aya.”

From an Arabic magazine:In 2012, Sattam married Governor of Jazan Prince Mohammed bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz's daughter in Riyadh.
...it must be really difficult for the Princess-I would be very scared about my life if I were in her position,if he has treated his own ex-lover like that he is probably treating her no different.
Oh,maybe he can´t intimidate her because she is Arab and her father is an influental man but the story of Cohen-Agnine will teach any women to stay away from Arab men.
Of course there are exceptions but the chances that you meet such an ......(fill in the blank) are too dangerous to risk a try.

By researching I found out that converting from Islam to Judaism is punishable by death in KSA,is that true?

The Prince denied any wrongdoing (quel surprise!) and said that CC married Prince al-Saud under Islamic law and converted to Islam (she was jewish before) so she should follow the so-called Sharia (which can be interpreted by Muslim scholars in many different ways) and they could share custody.Officially she had the option to come-and-go as she likes but how can you do that if there is a warrant against you because you (CC has accepted Islam) have converted to Judaism which is a crime in KSA....

Thank you for your great work. Sad story, I think. There is a lot happening. A comprehension question: Was she a Jew, then converted to Islam and then later reconverted to Judaism? Correct me, if I'm wrong.

By researching I found out that converting from Islam to Judaism is punishable by death in KSA,is that true?

Yes, that true. In KSA the converting from Islam to a other religion or non-religion is punishable by death.

She is from a Jewish family-if your mother is Jewish her child is jewish as well (matrilinear) and that´s probably the reason why she converted to Islam for her husband so that their daughter would be Muslim.
As much as I understand it the Prince fabricated a document hat said she has converted back to Judaism so that she could not go back to Saudi Arabia!
Very smart and shameless plot IMO.

If you have ever been to Israel you can´t enter the UAE-so supposed you want to get rid of your girlfriend you send her passport to Israel,let them put an Israeli seal on it and she will not be able to legally immigrate to Dubai again.

Correction:There are chances you can get in with an Israeli stamp:
Israeli stamp in passport Dubai

It was probably amended because Dubai is used as a hub by Emirate airlines and they would loose a lot of passengers if they didn´t change that law.

Last edited by a moderator:
......but the story of Cohen-Agnine will teach any women to stay away from Arab men.
Of course there are exceptions but the chances that you meet such an ......(fill in the blank) are too dangerous to risk a try.

Unifications are not a good way. There are good and bad men in every culture. I think, it is wrong to generalize. You will find very good mannered men in the Arab world.

A little advice of an arabian man: Before you, dear western women, dive into a relationship with an Arab you should:
a) know, who is your lover (his family, his character, his manners, ....)
b) be aware that the "romantic allure with a man from an exotic and unknown country" has downsides too, which you does not expect or which you do not know (an amorous adventure can be exciting, but also hurt)
c) before a real relationship is runing, search for information about the traditions, culture, rules in the society, family life, heritage and the legal situation of the homecountry of your beloved
d) expand your knowledge about Islam (if he is Muslim), even if you're not planning to converted to Islam
e) make this relationship only serious, if you are willing to get involved to his culture (if necessary)
f) test before, whether you are feel comfortable with the rules of life of his culture and traditions

Last edited:
Thank you for this piece of advice and rules.
But may I ask a question, if an European (or other non-muslim) woman marries a Muslim man, without converting and keeping her religion, would their marriage be considered fully legal from Islamic point of view?
Is obligatory that children from such an union should be raised in Islam?
Thank You in advance.

She is from a Jewish family-if your mother is Jewish her child is jewish as well (matrilinear) and that´s probably the reason why she converted to Islam for her husband so that their daughter would be Muslim.

???? I don´t understand that point! Because from the islamic point of view a child is muslim if the father is a muslim.....Therefore, Mrs. Candice would not have to convert to Islam for her husband (By the way: This is also a less meaningful way. A conversion must always be based on the free will and done in an inner conviction to believe in Allah and His Prophet). Does the rule (if your mother is Jewish her child is jewish as well (matrilinear)) comes from the Jewish faith?

As much as I understand it the Prince fabricated a document hat said she has converted back to Judaism so that she could not go back to Saudi Arabia! Very smart and shameless plot IMO.
:eek: I´m speechless.....if he really did it, then ...... it shames me. Thats a wrong path!

If you have ever been to Israel you can´t enter the UAE-so supposed you want to get rid of your girlfriend you send her passport to Israel,let them put an Israeli seal on it and she will not be able to legally immigrate to Dubai again.
:ermm: Your idea would not works in this way. Also we are talking about a Saudi prince and KSA and not about UAE and Dubai. Right?

...if an European (or other non-muslim) woman marries a Muslim man...would their marriage be considered fully legal?
Their marriage would be considered fully legal from Islamic point of view if she is a believer of a religion of the book (Jewish, Christian, Muslim). A conversation to Islam is not necessary and should not forced from others. Muslim men should not marry women with no faith. Marriages with persons of other faiths, which are not belongs to the religions of the book, are also prohibited.

Normally it is obligatory that children of such marriages will be raised in Islam, unless the parents agree about exceptions in private. However, the children remain Muslims officially (you are seen as Muslim, if your father was Muslim).

By the way: Has anyone here read the book, written by Mrs. Candice?

Unifications are not a good way. There are good and bad men in every culture. I think, it is wrong to generalize...
Yes, I did write that there are exceptions but I was also saying that the probability or only the slightest chance of meeting someone and having a relationship that turns sour are not to be ignored.

The lady did do a lot of research,she was not a silly naive girl and she does not seem to be (was) stupid.
She had a 3-year relationship and she also converted to Islam (which she would not have done without research or if she didn´t apreacciate the teachings of the Prophet).The prince told her that they are going to marry and obviously they did marry under muslim law but did not inform her about the expectation of his familiy to marry a cousin. (Which he has probably known for a long time,some Arabs tell me that their mothers started looking for a bride very early-so this was not a surprise to the Prince.) As I said,HE knew his culture much better than Cohen Agnine,it was his responsibility to teach her.Also he was not a Crown Prince or important member of the RF (there are countless Saudi princes and princesses that even locals don´t know all of them.)and therefor it was not obvious for an outsider to know that he has to marry a woman chosen by the family.Usually the Crown Prince and important royals have to select a special bride with good family relation,noble status,good looks,healthy,pristine reputation etc. but the less important royals can chose a person they love.
When you come to my country it is my responsibility to tell you what is right and what is considered rude by our society,where you need to be careful and which places are dangerous to do.If I don´t do that I would be partly responsible if you get into trouble because I can´t expect you to know the subtetlies of our culture and way of living.

???? I don´t understand that point!...
I was just referring to a similiar law- that has already been ABOLISHED but was intact last time I went to UAE.(I also posted the correction)So no need to get upset!
Yes, in Judaism the woman is teaching her children morals and integrity,they do most part of the religious education and raise their children so that´s why the religion goes matrilinear.
Did you read the section on Sheikh Hamdan´s biography on his page where he wrote that he doesn´t want to live in a society that doesn´t appreciate mothers and their impact on society? (My words here,but you can still find his words on the page).I wonder what he thinks about the way women (who are mothers,sisters,wives) are treated in Saudi Arabia. Seriously,I would like to know.

Yes, in Judaism the woman is teaching her children morals and integrity,they do most part of the religious education and raise their children so that´s why the religion goes matrilinear.
That's interesting. I did not know. Thanks for enlighten me.

Did you read the section on Sheikh Hamdan´s biography on his page where he wrote that he doesn´t want to live in a society that doesn´t appreciate mothers and their impact on society? (My words here,but you can still find his words on the page).I wonder what he thinks about the way women (who are mothers,sisters,wives) are treated in Saudi Arabia. Seriously,I would like to know.
The living conditions in KSA are different from those in the UAE, although they are adjacent. This also affects the perception of women and the implementation of Islam in daily life. What Sheikh Hamdan think about of the state of women in KSA, I can not say. Also it´s not the topic here. As an Emirati man I can tell you only my own perspective, if you want to know that. I want do so in a PM to you, because that is not the issue here. :flowers:

The lady did do a lot of research,she was not a silly naive girl and she does not seem to be (was) stupid.
You'll be right, but also a wise and well-informed woman can get into situations that she can not handle, or where the circumstances are too powerful and superior, that she alone has no chance. It seems to be the reason in the case of the prince and Mrs. Candice.

Did not know that. That converting is punishable by death in the KSA goes to show how different the backgrounds of the various posters are.

We handle this topic quite well, it used to be forbidden at TRF because discussions became very unpleasant.

Yes, that true. In KSA the converting from Islam to a other religion or non-religion is punishable by death.

I had further concerned with this case and read some publications and articles last night because I sympathized with the lady. The reports and the witness testify agree that Mrs. Candice climbed out of her window, and from there tried to go to another window or balcony of a neighboring apartment. She lost her footing and fell down. In my opinion that speaks for an accident and not for a suicide. Even the police report assumes. Unclear, however, why she climbed onto the façade of the house exactly. In a suicide attempt, she would have jumped out of the window. But she didn´t. For my point of view she wanted to live and not die.

Some reports also mentioned details of her life with the prince, she had revealed in interviews. I must confess that I feel very ashamed about some of the details. But the different reports made also clear that several opportunities were offered to her by her husband, which she has not been used. Although she spent years in Lebanon and KSA, she was not approached by his culture and always acting in a manner which is not that way a wife behaves with her ​​husband. The Saudi prince offered her a property in Riyadh, a monthly salary, domestic servants and annual holiday with Aya in Europe. So she could live with her ​​daughter together, but she refused. She did not reflect that her daughter is a Saudi princess and thus a member of the royal family. She can´t take her to a life without the security of the fathers family of origin. She should have accept that her own life is linked to the life of the RF of KSA by the birth of her daughter. This can not be undone by her simply when her relationship get broken. Later, Mrs. Candice continues in "a western style" and made the matter publicly. So she has supplied the through ball to her ex-husband and his family to harass her. Of course this is no excuse for their behavior, but an explanation.

Last edited:
:ermm: I tried to find his full name but I couldn't find it, he's only referred as prince Sattam AlSaud, the story is all over Arabic media and none of them mentions the full name or how he relates to the king so I believe the king and Sattam aren't closely related

According to the arab media his full name is H.R.H. Prince Sattam bin Khalid bin Nasser bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.

Last edited:
She had a 3-year relationship and....
Allow me to correct: She had a more than 11 years relationship with the prince. She met him at a study visit to England when she was 19 years old. Quite early, she became pregnant by him because her daughter Aya is already 11 years old. That means for me at first, probably it must be that to "give a proper thought" comes with pregnancy, but not before. Means: possibly she was not so well informed about all potential consequences which followed, as you assume. From my point of view it is to assume, that the prince because of his young age itself was not aware of the consequences to him at the beginning of the relationship. Both acted only from loving feelings for each other and had forgotten the real world.
she also converted to Islam (which she would not have done without research or if she didn´t apreacciate the teachings of the Prophet).
What makes you sure to assume this? In interviews, she said she converted to Islam for him. ???? For me it seems more an acting out of blinded by love. It seems possible for some people to convert without knowledge (it must not have been the case with her, is only a mental stimulation).

The prince told her that they are going to marry and obviously they did marry under muslim law ...
One article claimed that they tie the knot in Egypt after the birth of Aya. In another article stood, they held their marriage in Lebanon before Aya was born. Well, for sure Mrs. Candice converted to Islam before marriage. She would better to ensure here that the marriage contract contains an exclusion clause against polygamy. She has apparently forgotten (or simply had not been informed that she can claim this if she wants). It is not clear to me whether this marriage was registered later in KSA or not. If not, then marriage has been hidden by the prince obviously.

but did not inform her about the expectation of his familiy to marry a cousin. (Which he has probably known for a long time, some Arabs tell me that their mothers started looking for a bride very early - so this was not a surprise to the Prince.) As I said,HE knew his culture much better than Cohen Agnine, it was his responsibility to teach her.
Maybe you have right here. He neglected the special requirements in a bicultural marriage. However, he did have the option of polygamy and regarded the demand of the family for an "official Saudi wife" as normality, about which there is no need for discussion. My opinion: It is more advisable for a woman to get necessary informations from herself - regardless of the husband - and not to wait he offers. In addition, there is the danger that he tells his wife things that only correspond to "his truth". Also, I wonder just why she had marry a prince of the Saudi royal family, if she strictly rejects polygamy?

Also he was not a Crown Prince or important member of the RF (there are countless Saudi princes and princesses that even locals don´t know all of them.) and therefor it was not obvious for an outsider to know that he has to marry a woman chosen by the family. Usually the Crown Prince and important royals have to select a special bride with good family relation,noble status,good looks,healthy,pristine reputation etc. but the less important royals can chose a person they love.
That would contradict your statement above in part. You wrote that Arab mothers early look out for particular and acceptable brides for her sons. This means it is a social standard in society that marriages are arranged. Even with non-royal and non-ruling Arab families. In the Gulf region its true and actually rooted in the tradition. In addition, preference is given to marriages within your own kin, your own tribe, your own nationality, your own religion. On the Arabian Peninsula pure love marriages do occur, but represent not the majority of all marriages.

When you come to my country it is my responsibility to tell you what is right and what is considered rude by our society,where you need to be careful and which places are dangerous to do.If I don´t do that I would be partly responsible if you get into trouble because I can´t expect you to know the subtetlies of our culture and way of living.
Even if I trust you fully, I would teach myself first what is important to know and proper in your country and society. I would not wait, that you explain to me, how I have to live in a appropriate manner in your culture. I take care of myself first!

Last edited:
Unifications are not a good way. There are good and bad men in every culture.
You give sage advice and for that I thank you and many western women would be wise to heed such intelligent advice. Cross cultural roamances can be fine, but often turn out badly, espcially between women of western culture and men of mid-eastern culture. The chasm between their thoughts is vast. And as you so, wisely, enumerate, really think this out. Thank you, agin. You are a wise and thoughtful man.

:previous:
Thank you so much for your compliments. :blush:
As a "wise and thoughtful man" I must also tell you, that no relationship break of differences, but to people who can not deal with them.

Even in relationships where both come from the same culture and religion, there are differences. The magic of a marriage or any relationship is to create a common way that respects the different perspectives and can blend into a whole entity.

You need the will to appreciate the other as she/he is. You should never attempt to change the other, but you have to give her/him the opportunity to reach a path to the inside of your heartbeat.

A guarantee of happiness does not exist. Only there is the adventure of a common journey in which both do not know where they will arrive. But the control elements can and should checked in advance so that the travel of a relationship not already fails at the first cliff.

Allow me to correct...
I have written that their relationship prior to the birth of the daughter was 3 years-I didn´t mention the length of the whole relationship because I don´t know it.Three years is not such a short time and to me it seems as if they planned the birth,it didn´t happen by accident but that´s just my interpretation.

The whole question-were they married?When/where/under which circumstances is not exactly clear to me-some say she was married in Lebanon,other sources claim Egypt as the place were they tied the knot,other articles didn´t write a word about the marrital status...so I´m left confused and I can´t tell which source is right.I only know she was not his official wife and she was never planned to be.

I don´t know why she married him or what has attracted them to each other,we can only speculate and only the people involved know the truth.

Let me give you an example abot marriages in other royal houses:The Crown Prince/Princess always has to chose a bride/groom with a huge set of specific qualifications,proper behaviour etc. but if you look at the royals of less important status,they can also marry people of doubtful reputation if they love them and it is quietly accepted. (Don´t want to mention names here as it´s not the topic of this thread) Of course,from time to time even some not-so-perfect partners but only with much difficulty and discussions.

I guess that ALL mothers no matter which country or religion are looking for the best partner for their children,after all they had dedicated many years and hard work & love into their upbringing,they want to see them happy & don´t want to settle for anyone less than perfect...

...you can read as much books and internet articles as you want,but there are some things you won´t find between two boards-just like in your country and your religion there are many things that are well-known by insiders but not written down anywhere and you need someone to explain it to you.If you just read books you will compile a lot of information and certainly learn a lot but being only book-smart doesn´t explain you all the subtetlies and details of life.

Back
Top Bottom