Prince of Wales: Visit to Saudi Arabia and Qatar - February 17-20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
The Prince of Wales will undertake official visits to Saudi Arabia and Qatar from Monday, 17 February to Thursday, 20 Feb 2014.

The trip comes a year after a trip to the region by the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall.

See attached Press release
Press release

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 2h
The Prince of Wales begins a four-day tour to Saudi Arabia and Qatar today. Further details are available here: http://bit.ly/1fVWwVr

Well, pics are funny, but he seems to enjoy his time there and be in a really good mood.

I love those pics of him kitted out like the locals. I wonder if he was thinking about "Lawrence of Arabia".

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales donned tradtional Arab dress to take part in a sword dance celebrating the warrior tradition of Saudi Arabia as he was “honoured” by his hosts.
Prince Charles joined members of the Saudi royal family taking part in an Ardah or sword dance in a stadium in the capital Riyadh.
He is making a short tour of the Middle East visiting Saudi Arabia and Qatar - a trip which comes just under a year since he last toured the two nations.

Prince of Wales joins Saudi sword dancers in traditional dress - Telegraph

Is there a reason Camilla didn't go? I thought spouses usually went on official state visits.

Camilla has commitments in the UK as she has her own engagements.

This isn't a 'State Visit' as it isn't between Heads of State so there is no requirement for the spouse to attend with their partner.

Back
Top Bottom