Dutch State Visits to Oman (postponed) and Qatar: March 6-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
From 6 to 7 March 2011 the Queen will pay a state visit to Oman. From 9 to 10 March she will pay a state visit to Qatar. On both visits she will be accompanied by the Pricne of Orange and Princess Máxima.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity as the Omani's are great hosts & it would've been a great visit IMO. I hope Qatar's visit will still be on.

Well, according to the prime minister no decision has been made yet about Oman, so the state visit might continue after all (not very likely though).

Last edited:
:omanflag::dutchstandard:
HM Queen Beatrix and TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima will travel to Oman after all despite protests in the country.
The Royal party has accepted a personal invitation by HM Sultan Qaboos for a private dinner on tuesday march 8th.This was announced by the Foreign Office this afternoon in a letter by the Minister to Parliament in an explanation on the State Visits to the nations on the Arabian Gulf.Good solution!

Yeah. Thanks lucien. Although I wouldn't want them to go anywhere that might be dangerous. (which could be anywhere really) I have been waiting for a state visit for a while, and the Dutch are always good fun!!!!!

The 'private' dinner is heavily critisized in the media and parlament. Oddly enough even more serious newspapers and programmes just seem to pretend that the Queen woke up one day and decided to go after all. In reality however she can not decide such things at all and it will be the ministers who decided this, mainly driven by economical factors.

I hope there will be NO pictures tonight. I am sure that they will be used by some republicans to portray Beatrix as the stubborn woman with too much power... and that it will be used to promote the Swedish form of monarchy. Now in this issue it seems that the politicians involved are either a) dumb or b) calculating liars, as it very obvious that this decision is the responsibility of the PM, not of the Queen. I suppose it could also be a combination of the two of course.

The royals arrived this afternoon, and apparently it is making headlines:

Queen Beatrix headlines in Oman

The dinner will be in the Bait al Barak palace.

---
In the mean time, parlament wants to discuss the issue with the prime minister.

--

Pictures:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15094802&pos=1

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15094756&pos=5

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15094720&pos=6

I suppose the Queen is wearing no hat to emphasize the private nature of the visit ;)

Last edited:
Pictures of the arrival of HM and TRH.Nothing wrong with this visit,the pretentious little people of a certain signature in Parliament apparently have nothing better to do then to ask what they could know if they pay attention better instead of revelling in the pluche.GL and a certain pain called JS have put this on the agenda.Again,it is not HM who decides in this,it is the government and only them.There is far more to this dinner then can be said right now.Really,there isn't mayhem except for some demo's,nothing to worry about and HM delivers to the requests of his people fast.Something "The Hague" might hold as an example to follow suit in many if not most cases!:)

As dear HJA put it on his Royalblog;"How can you see HM arrived privately??"...She doesn't wear a hat.And glasses.

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Robin Utrecht.

Last edited:
I hope there will be NO pictures tonight. I am sure that they will be used by some republicans to portray Beatrix as the stubborn woman with too much power... and that it will be used to promote the Swedish form of monarchy.

How is the Swedish form of monarchy? :ermm:

Queen Beatrix at the Amiri Diwan in Doha welcomed by Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. March 09, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander and Queen Beatrix arrive for a 2 day statevisit to Qatar.

PPE Agency

Last edited:
Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander and Queen Beatrix arrive for a 2 day statevisit to Qatar.
The royals went to the palace Amiri Diwan with Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
March 09, 2011

PPE Agency ** ANP Photo

A video from yesterday

NOS Nieuws - Televisie Oman over bezoek Koningin Beatrix

More photos from today

ANP Beeldbank

http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-presse/qatar-queen-beatrix-statevisit-763621-st.aspx

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander and Queen Beatrix for a 2 day statevisit to Qatar.
The royals visited the museum of Islamic Art with the exhibition of the golden age of Dutch painting and walked through the Souq Waqif bazaar.
The Queen met with a falconer of the falconerhospital.

PPE Agency Souq

There will be an official lunch but no State Banquet.Instead HM and TRH will dine with the Emir and his wives & family privately as is custom among friends in the Middle-East.:)

The Netherlands will build the football stadiums in Qatar as the country will host the World Championships in 2022.Good job!Far ahead?Nah...gone before you know it...

What a pity, I was hoping that HM would finally dust off the odd tiara or two for this visit, but now it seems that she won't be wearing one at all. Not that she will mind of course. I suppose the Qatari royals will be invited for a return state visit as well?

Who is the lady walking next to princess Máxima btw? The sheikh's first wife?

What a pity, I was hoping that HM would finally dust off the odd tiara or two for this visit, but now it seems that she won't be wearing one at all. Not that she will mind of course. I suppose the Qatari royals will be invited for a return state visit as well?

No,I don't know who this one is,maybe a lady in waiting or the Qatari equivalent of that.Sheika Mozah bint Nasser who is the Emir's second but most prominent wife looks different,a beautifull woman too as can be seen here during the recent State Visit to the UK:

Emir of Qatar: Qatar3

courtesy AP:)

Last edited:
This is the Emir's and Sheikha Mozah's youngest daughter HE Sheikha Hind bint Hamad al Thani who is the Chief of the Emir's office and is often on the visits abroad with her parents.
HE Sheikha Hind got married last year.

HH the Emir , Dutch Queen Visit MIA
HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Kingdom of Netherlands on Wednesday afternoon visited the Museum of Islamic Art(MIA) . HH the Emir and Her Majesty the Dutch Queen Jointly Inaugurated the Golden Age Exhibition of the Dutch painting and got acquainted with the pieces of paintings on display. Then HH the Emir and the Dutch Queen witnessed the signing of a memorandum of understanding between Qatar Museums Authority and the Rayex Museum In The Kingdom Of The Netherlands .Afterwards Her Majesty the Dutch Queen toured a number of sections of the MIA .

HH the Emir Meets Dutch Queen :
HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani met at the Emiri Diwan premises here on Wednesday Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Kingdom of Netherlands. The meeting was attended by HH Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.

Read more : News

HH the Emir , Dutch Queen Visit MIA
HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Kingdom of Netherlands on Wednesday afternoon visited the Museum of Islamic Art(MIA) . HH the Emir and Her Majesty the Dutch Queen Jointly Inaugurated the Golden Age Exhibition of the Dutch painting and got acquainted with the pieces of paintings on display. Then HH the Emir and the Dutch Queen witnessed the signing of a memorandum of understanding between Qatar Museums Authority and the Rayex Museum In The Kingdom Of The Netherlands .Afterwards Her Majesty the Dutch Queen toured a number of sections of the MIA .

It is Rijksmuseum instead of Rayex museum....:whistling:

There are already some Dutch masterpieces in Qatar besides HM and TRH that is,there are some Rembrandts ao.

Last edited:
All pictures are beautiful :))
it's very nice trip :))
The Royal family looks wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom