Charles and Camilla: Visit to Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE - February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many wonderful new photos! Thanks very much, everyone, for posting them :flowers:

I particularly like the photo of Camilla sitting wearing that pale - I'm not sure how to describe the colour; it's greyish blue. Is it called egg-shell blue? - outfit with the gold decoration and gold jewellery. The gold decoration matches the colour of her hair beautifully and I think she looks wonderful. I also love the striking red dress worn in Bahrain. I think the Duchess has lost a bit of weight and she looks stunning in that figure-hugging dress. The vibrant red is such a contrast from the pale colours we've seen her in during the day.

Roslyn said:
I also love the striking red dress worn in Bahrain. I think the Duchess has lost a bit of weight and she looks stunning in that figure-hugging dress. The vibrant red is such a contrast from the pale colours we've seen her in during the day.
Is this the one you mean?
Red Dress - Taken from The Gulf News article

Last edited by a moderator:
That red dress picture was from the night they announced their engagement. I love the dress myself, i think she loves great but that picture doesn't have anything to do with the middle east tour. Unless i am missing something...

Old pic

cde said:
That red dress picture was from the night they announced their engagement... that picture doesn't have anything to do with the middle east tour.
Yes, it's a 2-year old engagement photo the Gulf Daily News used to illustrate the story of the POW & DOCs' imminent arrival in Bahrain.

Rubbish. The Royals never carry money. The aides carry it for them and purchase things they like with the exception of money for the church collection which the Royals take along in envelopes. Honestly.

hornsen said:
Charles' souvenir embarrassment
Britain's Prince Charles was left red-faced when he had no money to purchase a present for wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, during a visit to a market in Doha at the weekend.
Husbands everywhere use that excuse! :ROFLMAO: :lol:

BeatrixFan said:
Rubbish. The Royals never carry money.
Didn't we learn this at royal-watching primary school?

Indeed we did. That and that Prince Henrik won't touch lizard but he's partial to a little Schnauzer.

hornsen said:

Camilla seems to have found it hilarious!:ROFLMAO:

These pictures are of them being presented with a glass miniature present of the Sheik Zayed Mosque which is being built in Abu Dhabi, where they visited after their arrival in the Gulf State this afternoon.

One

Talking to construction workers

All from Polfoto

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall pay their respects at the Tomb of HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

Two

Last edited:
Camilla arrives for a ladies dinner hosted by the King of Bahrain's wife, Shaikha Sabika on February 25, 2007 in Manama, Bahrain.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
All Getty - more here

Wow :wub:

Last edited:
I'm curious - a lot has been made mention of the lack of tiaras on these Middle Eastern trips but I have seen the Middle Eastern queens with tiaras.

Does Raina and the other royal Muslim women just wear their tiaras at Western events are are tiaras a Middle Eastern custom also?

Can you imagine the skill and craftsmanship involved in making the glass picture that was given to TRH? :flowers:

Warren said:
Yes, it's a 2-year old engagement photo the Gulf Daily News used to illustrate the story of the POW & DOCs' imminent arrival in Bahrain.

:blush: Well don't I feel silly! Newspapers shouldn't be allowed to trick people like that. :lol:

Roslyn said:
:blush: Well don't I feel silly! Newspapers shouldn't be allowed to trick people like that. :lol:
You were clearly bowled over by your admiration for our elegant Duchess, weren't you! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Camilla arrives for a ladies dinner hosted by the King of Bahrain's wife, Shaikha Sabika on February 25, 2007 in Manama, Bahrain.
I simply adore that outfit. Camilla looks wonderful in it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
jamila said:
From profimedia :

Bahrain - 25 - 26/02/07
Thank You for all the super photo's. :flowers:

Roslyn said:
I simply adore that outfit. Camilla looks wonderful in it. :)

She sure has blossomed into a lovely princess, oops, Duchess of Wales. I really am happy for her and she is now enjoying the life with her love besides her side and he with her by his side. :)

Back
Top Bottom