Royal Family of Serbia current events 2: February 2005 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose her parents are really sad about this story.

Prince Dimitri attended the McKittrick Hotel & Booktrack Premiere Jay McInerney's Solace App
and Launch of The Forgotten in New York City on May 13:

** Pic **

On May 14 Prince Dimitri attended the American Ballet Theatre's 2012 Opening Night Spring Gala
at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City.

** Pic **

Prince Serge and his wife Eleonora attended the premiere of 'Dupa Dealuri' presented in competiton
at the 65th Cannes film festival, in Cannes, on May 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:
The gentleman next to Princess Elizabeth is Prince Michael of Kent.

Prince Dimitri attended "The Big Bang: The 19th Annual Watermill Center Summer Benefit" held at Watermill Center,
New York City on July 28, 2012.

** Pic **

The new thing is that Princess Elizabeth will, based on Wall Street Journal reports, return her US passport and will stop being American citizen...

Here is a part of the article about famous people who will return their US passport:

" Another renouncer was socialite Elizabeth Karageorgevic, known as Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia. Once engaged to Richard Burton, she is also a human-rights activist and former presidential candidate in Serbia. According to her daughter, the actress and former “Dynasty” cast member Catherine Oxenberg, the princess now lives in her native Belgrade and made the decision to expatriate for emotional reasons that included going home. "

Prince Dimitri attended the "New York City Ballet 2012 Fall Gala Celebrating Valentino Garavani - Dinner" held at David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center in New York City on September 20, 2012.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri attended the Casita Maria's Fiesta 2012 honouring Lilly Scarpetta de Pumarejo, Pierre Durand and Marina B. held at The Mandarin Hotel in New York City on October 16, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Crown Prince Alexander and Princess Katherine were tonight present at Luxembourg's pre-wedding gala.
- Picture

Crown Prince Alexander and Princess Katherine were tonight present at Luxembourg's pre-wedding gala.
- Picture

They were indeed! I had only seen them at the wedding until now, so thanks for sharing! :flowers: They always look pleasant and joyous, I quite like this couple!

Prince Peter of Serbia, the eldest son of Crown-Prince Alexander, presided over a special event "The flavors of Serbia" in Chicago, organized by Lifeline Chicago Humanitarian Organization in order to raise funds for the equipment needed for a center for protection of children and youth in Belgrad.

Noblesse & Royautés » Pierre de Serbie à Chicago

We haven't seen Prince Peter in a long while, so thanks for sharing!
Does he live in the US now or still in London? Does anyone know?

Perhaps it not wise to speak ill of the royals as they may be reading these pages. One would not want to be seen as hurtful.

Princess Helene attended the "Children For Peace" gala dinner at the Cercle de l'Union Interalliee In Paris on November 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Helene (with Prince and Princess Charles of Bourbon Parme) attended the tenor and conductor Placido Domingo's induction ceremony as Goodwill Ambassador of UNESCO in Paris on November 21, 2012.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri attended the Silver Hill Hospital Gala 2012 held at Cipriani 42nd, New York City on November 28, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you for the pictures, Ophidia. :flowers:

I have two questions though:
1. Who are the two ladies in the first picture with Crown Prince Alexander and Prince Philip?
2. Do you happen to know why are they burning a tree? In Armenia, we have a tradition of burning a tree (or logs) and then jumping over the fire; supposedly, it brings good fortune in the new year. Is there a similar tradition in Serbia, or there is a different meaning altogether?

And using the chance, a very Merry Christmas to all Orthodox people! :)

Last edited:
My English is not good, but I will try to explain.
First, thank you. In Serbia we say Hristos se rodi, Vaistinu se rodi.

1. These are the Princess Elizabeth, daughter of Prince Paul, and Princess Lavinia, daughter of Prince Andrew (brother of King Peter).
2. We dont jumping over the fire. Burning of the Christmas tree is associated with hearths. It is a symbol of the rebirth of the new sun. Sparks who are flying in the sky, represent yield.
I hope it's understandable :).

:previous:
Thanks a lot for the explanation, Ophidia! :flowers:
Your English is very good and I understood everything.

In Armenia, we say «Քրիստոս հարյավ ի մեռելոց, օրհնեալ է հարությունը Քրիստոսի» (which translates as "The Christ resurrected. Blessed be his resurrection). And in Russia, it's pretty similar to what you say: "Христос воскрес, воистину воскрес". :)

His Majesty King Petar II is to be returned to Serbia and laid to rest in the royal monastery at Oplenac! This is not only great news for the family but the people of Serbia!!!

I agree, it's truly fantastic news! I was hoping the late King's reburial will take place this year; hopefully, we shall know the date soon.

King Peter II of Yugoslavia To Be Reburied In Serbia
The press release issued by the official website of the Serbian Royal Family today states the last King of Yugoslavia is to be re-buried in the Royal Family Mausoleum in Oplenac. Before the reburial, the late King will lay in the Royal Chapel of the Royal Palace in Belgrade.
Peter II of Yugoslavia and Queen Alexandra
Peter II was the eldest son of Alexander I and Queen Maria of Yugoslavia. He had two younger brothers – Prince Andrej and Prince Tomislav. Peter ascended to the Throne in 1934, upon the assassination of his father, aged just 11. Until he came of age, regency was established with Prince Paul of Yugoslavia acting as the country’s Regent. At the start of World War II commenced, the young King was strongly against the Nazi Germany. However, Prince Paul felt the only way to save Yugoslavia from horrors of the war was to join the Tripartite Pact, which the country did on 25 March 1941. Two days later, on 27 March, the 17-yeaar-old King was proclaimed of age and led the British-supported coup d’état against the Pact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom