Restoration of the Serbian Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are many monarchists in Serbia? What are the chances of a restore in Serbia?

There are many monarchists in Serbia? What are the chances of a restore in Serbia?

I am confuses, as I am fairly certain that there is only one royal dynasty in Serbia. The Karadjordvich family. I know that there are the Montenegro royals, but they are not living in Serbia. U also know that the Montenegran royals have recognized Alexander II as the rightful "king" of Serbia after the border changes. Yes, Montenegro was once part of south Serbia due to the border changes, but Alexander is the rightful heir, with Petar as his heir.

A relative majority of Serbian citizens would like to see the restoration of the monarchy, and although it would not be its medieval form but modern, constitutional and parliamentary, still has many appealing. And not only in our country: all countries in Europe and many of the world where the king reigns but does not rule are developed, they do not want to tear down the institution and the world is watching them with different eyes. And yet, there is a negative side

ZA MONARHIJU I PROTIV NJE: Evo po 4 argumenta obe strane. Odlučite sami na kojoj se nalazite (VIDEO) | Telegraf – Najnovije vesti

Google Tradutor

What is up? there are some chances to happen some restoration?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news. But i believe that is should remain permanently at some point in their country the heir Peter as did Nicolae in Romania.

According to the poll done by Blic news 49,2 percent support for monarchy restoration, 45 percent are against and 5,7 percent do not have an opinion on the issue.

What is up? there are some chances to happen some restoration?

No real chances...unfortunately

To add that CP Alexander and his family are not really liked by the majority of people...

I thought that most people liked the royal family.

According to the poll done by Blic news 49,2 percent support for monarchy restoration, 45 percent are against and 5,7 percent do not have an opinion on the issue.

The numbers of this poll is very encouraging.:)

No real chances...unfortunately

To add that CP Alexander and his family are not really liked by the majority of people...

Uhmm,no :(

They see them as strangers,still not speaking properly Serbian after almost 15 years in the country,constantly making laugh of them...

The only member which is really liked by the people is Princess Elizabeth whose Serbian dramatically improved over the years...still the best Serbian speaking member is her brother Prince Alexander,but almost nobody knows him as he lives in Paris,so,to no avail...

Last edited:
The numbers of this poll is very encouraging.:)

This poll is just not realistic :(

People in Serbia don't even bother and think about the restoration,they have other problems to think about...there is no real movement or even a real wish,except just a few words here and there...

They see them as strangers,still not speaking properly Serbian after almost 15 years in the country,constantly making laugh of them...

The only member which is really liked by the people is Princess Elizabeth whose Serbian dramatically improved over the years...still the best Serbian speaking member is her brother Prince Alexander,but almost nobody knows him as he lives in Paris,so,to no avail...

I'm litttle surprising with that . The people in Serbia laugh with them? And to see them as strangers? WOW. I have totaly differend image :ermm:

I have Serbian friends in Lapalisse, both well-educated and working for Airbus Group and they laughed their *ss off when I asked them about the prospect of a monarchy: "Serbia must make a step forward, not backward!"

Tja...

"Serbian" does not exist. The language is Serbo-Croatian and and is the primary language of Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and is also spoken in parts of Macedonia, Slovenia, etc.

:flowers:

"Serbian" does not exist. The language is Serbo-Croatian and and is the primary language of Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and is also spoken in parts of Macedonia, Slovenia, etc.

:flowers:

Lol

I understand your point :) basically it's the truth because all those languages of former Yugoslavia are almost the same,with few different words and a different accent...only Macedonian and Slovenian are a bit harder to understand...

But technically and officially,Serbian is a separate language,recognized as such and it is a variety of Serbo-Croatian language...the same goes for Montenegrin,Croatian and Bosnian ;)

So,if the Prince lives in Serbia where officially recognized language is Serbian,than it's about Serbian :)

I'm litttle surprising with that . The people in Serbia laugh with them? And to see them as strangers? WOW. I have totaly differend image :ermm:

Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because it loses a point and purpose...and even after almost 15 years in Serbia,the language is still an issue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2J1j44GwM

Here is a video where they booed Crown Prince and yelled "learn Serbian" at him...he got very upset and angry.

Last edited:
I have Serbian friends in Lapalisse, both well-educated and working for Airbus Group and they laughed their *ss off when I asked them about the prospect of a monarchy: "Serbia must make a step forward, not backward!"

Tja...

Exactly...this is what majority of people in Serbia think.They just don't even bother thinking about the monarchy...it's not even a subject or an issue...

Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because it loses a point and purpose...and even after almost 15 years in Serbia,the language is still an issue...

Here is a video where they booed Crown Prince and yelled "learn Serbian" at him...he got very upset and angry.

I think you have a point.
You can not want the restoration of the Monarchy with you as King, to stay in the country 15 years (so many?) and talking so bad the language.
And me who i'm not Serbian bother me.:sad:

Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because.... [snipped]
Given the video and Prince Alexander's plebeian reaction, it would be better for him just to enjoy the perquisites he has already got from the Serbian government.

Oh wow, I had no idea how unpopular the royal family are in Serbia. I'd always gotten the impression that they were well-liked, but I'm clearly wrong. :eek:

But I can understand why the Serbian people would be frustrated at Crown Prince Alexander for not learning Serbian. It gives the impression that he has a lack of interest in his role (though I don't think he does have a lack of interest as he is quite active in his 'duties') and the culture of Serbia. Does Crown Princess Katherine or any other members of the royal family speak Serbian?

Oh wow, I had no idea how unpopular the royal family are in Serbia. I'd always gotten the impression that they were well-liked, but I'm clearly wrong. :eek:

But I can understand why the Serbian people would be frustrated at Crown Prince Alexander for not learning Serbian. It gives the impression that he has a lack of interest in his role (though I don't think he does have a lack of interest as he is quite active in his 'duties') and the culture of Serbia. Does Crown Princess Katherine or any other members of the royal family speak Serbian?

You can not make the conclusion that Prince Alexander "is unpopular" on base of the above video. All reigning royals have experienced booing, insults, things were thrown to them, whatever. There are always hot-heads. Ask King Felipe of Spain, ask King Philippe of the Belgians, ask King Willem-Alexander (there was even an idiot trying to kill the Dutch royal family on Queen's Day, live on television). But all three Kings have a general approval, so it is tricky to jump to conclusions because some Serbians (and there are really some backward and intolerant ones between them) booed the Prince.

You can not make the conclusion that Prince Alexander "is unpopular" on base of the above video. All reigning royals have experienced booing, insults, things were thrown to them, whatever. There are always hot-heads. Ask King Felipe of Spain, ask King Philippe of the Belgians, ask King Willem-Alexander (there was even an idiot trying to kill the Dutch royal family on Queen's Day, live on television). But all three Kings have a general approval, so it is tricky to jump to conclusions because some Serbians (and there are really some backward and intolerant ones between them) booed the Prince.

Well, I didn't make an assumption based on the video. My assumption was based on the other posts in this thread. I just quoted the video because it intrigued me and the "I didn't realise..." comment was meant in a general way. I guess it wasn't very clear...

There is a huge difference between a reigning monarch and a claimant. The monarchs in question have a state PR machine and support (i.e., army and police) to attune a public opinion. I am sure you know it.

Last edited:

This is just one of the reactions...he is not even so "unpopular",people see him as funny and do not take for granted almost anything he does...no matter how good that can actually be...He just doesn't have "that" connection with people,like for example Princess Elizabeth does...

I am the first who would want Serbia to become a monarchy,but in reality,it's almost impossible...

In Serbia,people just don't think about the monarchy...for them it seems like something "archaic" which existed centuries ago,not some 70 years ago...

They just don't even bother...

One can say that he does have some sort of lack of interest,but his wife doesn't...very demanding and very energetic woman who knows what she wants...and he is trying to follow her...In the circle near the royal pair,she has a reputation of being very "pushy" about it...

Both Alexander and Katherine try to speak Serbian for years now,but when they do,it looks very awkward and funny...with very little or almost no progress and people see it clearly...

Unlike Princess Eliazbeth who spoke very badly Serbian when she returned to the country and now her Serbian in much better than before...

The best Serbian speaker in the royal family is her brother Prince Alexander,but he lives in Paris and is not much known in the country...

Other members of the family have the same problem,more or less,except maybe some members like Princesses Eva Marija Karadjordjevic or Princess Ljiljana Karadjordjevic which are native born speakers...

Last edited:
Marc23 the children of Alexander (i know his son Alexander lives in Serbia) and especially the heir Peter show show interested about the restoration? Doing anything in the country? A more energetic role? Katherine it seems to be very passion of that.

Thank you for this interested information who give us. Continue please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc23 the children of Alexander (i know his son Alexander lives in Serbia) and especially the heir Peter show show interested about the restoration? Doing anything in the country? A more energetic role? Katherine it seems to be very passion of that.

This is true...she is very passionate about becoming a Queen.

Unfortunately,they don't even live in Serbia(there are rumors that they don't get along very well with their stepmother and try to avoid any misunderstanding),don't know the language and just give occasional interviews in which they say how much they love Serbia,but that's about it...

One of them,Prince Alexander is actually dating a Serbian girl,daughter of the famous filmmaker Emir Kusturica who won twice Palme d'Or in Cannes...

Here is a link:

http://www.telegraf.rs/english/1672...-the-daughter-of-a-man-who-we-all-adore-photo

Last edited:
One can say that he does have some sort of lack of interest,but his wife doesn't...very demanding and very energetic woman who knows what she wants...and he is trying to follow her...In the circle near the royal pair,she has a reputation of being very "pushy" about it...

Both Alexander and Katherine try to speak Serbian for years now,but when they do,it looks very awkward and funny...with very little or almost no progress and people see it clearly...

Unlike Princess Eliazbeth who spoke very badly Serbian when she returned to the country and now her Serbian in much better than before...

The best Serbian speaker in the royal family is her brother Prince Alexander,but he lives in Paris and is not much known in the country...

Other members of the family have the same problem,more or less,except maybe some members like Princesses Eva Marija Karadjordjevic or Princess Ljiljana Karadjordjevic which are native born speakers...

Thank you for answering. :flowers: I'm surprised to read that Crown Princess Katherine's Serbian isn't good either. It is nice that some members of the family can speak the language though.

Is Serbian difficult or easy to learn? I guess no language is easy to learn if it's foreign to you, but some can be picked up more easily than others.

Unfortunately,they don't even live in Serbia(there are rumors that they don't get along very well with their stepmother and try to avoid any misunderstanding),don't know the language and just give occasional interviews in which they say how much they love Serbia,but that's about it...

One of them,Prince Alexander is actually dating a Serbian girl,daughter of the famous filmmaker Emir Kusturica who won twice Palme d'Or in Cannes...

Here is a link:

SERBIA IS ON ITS FEET! Serbian prince in a relationship with the daughter of a man who we all adore (PHOTO) | Telegraf – Najnovije vesti

Alexander jr is reportedly living there and owns a bar and hopefully his girlfriend can help his Serbian.

Here is a link:

SERBIA IS ON ITS FEET! Serbian prince in a relationship with the daughter of a man who we all adore (PHOTO) | Telegraf – Najnovije vesti

Thanks for the info.

What is the prince's work Peter?

Back
Top Bottom