The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2018, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
They don't seem to be. They don't live in Serbia, don't speak Serbian, don't appear on TV, they are not involved in any royal activity or charity, at least not publicly and people don't know them. Most people still believe that Katherine is their mother, due to lack of interest in monarchy in general.

What about Prince Nicola, son of the late Prince Tomislav..?
Is he based in Serbia/speak Serbian?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, at least prince Philip married a Serbian bride; he seems to be more active than his older brother.

The pushing of Katherine's family is quite visible and I'm not surprised if her stepsons would rather stay out of her way most of the time as she clearly is in charge and not their father who after all is the crown prince.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

I personally would love to see the monarchy restored and a member of the royal family take charge and be a positive symbol for the country. I have always like the crown prince, his wife....well at times a bit pushy and very full of royal life it seems.....
Old 06-29-2018, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I personally would love to see the monarchy restored and a member of the royal family take charge and be a positive symbol for the country. I have always like the crown prince, his wife....well at times a bit pushy and very full of royal life it seems.....
That's both a curse and a blessing. I'd say the Serbian royal family needs someone who enjoys royal life and is willing to do what it takes to be visible and who strives for a prominent role in the country (not really what we might expect from Alexander based on my limited knowledge of his character - other than some speeches in which he explains why Serbia needs to be a monarchy again).

In this respect I see some resemblance with Sofia and Meghan - not in pushing their own family but in enjoying the royal spotlights. For some they might come across as 'too willing' but the opposite of 'not willing' is worse.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Interview on Euronews with the Crown Prince and Princess along with Monarchist supporters.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Program and objectives of the Association of the Kingdom of Serbia:
Program and goals | Удружење Краљевина Србија
Old 12-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Thousands of protesters call for the restoration of Serbia’s monarchy
Thousands of protesters call for the restoration of Serbia?s monarchy – Royal Central
Old 12-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the request of the Movement for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Serbia (POKS), Crown Prince Alexander received a delegation led by the President of the Movement, Mr. Gojkovic. During the meeting, the delegation informed the Crown Prince on the plans, goals and manner in which this party intends to represent the idea and political program of restoring the monarchy in Serbia in the forthcoming election campaign and in its public appearances. Crown Prince Alexander wished POKS good luck and success in in their future work.

http://www.royalfamily.org/wp-conten.../2X1A3244m.jpg
http://www.royalfamily.org/wp-conten.../2X1A3270m.jpg
Old 12-18-2019, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

Serbia again? Look I guess it's nice that "thousands" of people wish for the restoration but we need to remember that the National Assembly only consists of 4 MPs who belong to monarchist parties; 2 belong to the Serbian Renewal Movement (SPO), 1 belongs to the New Serbia (NH), and the other seat belonging to the Movement for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Serbia (POKS). Apparently POKS also has 3 seats in the Assembly of Vojvodina. So that's 4 out of 250 for the National Assembly and 3 out of 120 for the Assembly of Vojvodina (POKS was the only monarchist party I found to actually have any seats in the Assembly of Vojvodina, didn't find anything for the SPO or the NH I'm afraid).

Look I'm not saying that there aren't many monarchists in Serbia but we should take the movement as serious as a grain of salt. Most people on Royal Forums and Quora who even have any knowledge of the subject matter at hand usually consider the movement in Serbia as a joke with polls that would feel at home in Putinist Russia.

Let's just treat any advancement in the movement with some suspicion.

-Frozen Royalist