Restoration of the Serbian Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Houses of Serbia have a very up to date and functional website they also have a good presence on Social Media ,far more impressive and media savvy than some of the reigning houses.

This is true...

But, the royal family with in itself is not united at all and that's what makes the difference from some other countries.

Sons of CP do not get along with his wife, that's one of the reasons they don't live in Serbia, they do not speak Serbian... Although living in Serbia for almost 20 years, Crown Prince himself and his wife still do not speak Serbian properly and because of that are target of many jokes.

Cousins do not get along also, do not live in Serbia, nobody knows who they are in fact and there are many of them...So, the people in Serbia recognize that and it's a pity because if they were united, things could have been better.

Yes, that surely doesn't help. I wonder whether the move of prince Philip and his family to Serbia would make any difference. So far the hereditary prince doesn't have a heir of his own.

Crown princess Katherine at times makes me think of grand duchess Maria Teresa. Both seem to 'overpower' their husbands. With of course the important distinction that Katherine is very much promoting herself and her own family (of her first marriage) at the cost of the royal family, while MT's family is the grand ducal family.

Yes, that surely doesn't help. I wonder whether the move of prince Philip and his family to Serbia would make any difference. So far the hereditary prince doesn't have a heir of his own.

I don't think it would make the difference. He has to be very "Serbian" so that people can connect with him, but he is not that kind of material. The only member which is universally loved is Princess Elizabeth despite all the bad things her own daughter Christina has written about her. She knows "how to do it" with the people, she speaks Serbian much better, people love her, but as she is universally popular she is a thorn in the flash of Crown Princess Katherine, who would love to be popular, but no matter what she does, she isn't. That's why there isn;t much love between the two of them.

Prince Tomislav, uncle of Crown Prince Alexander was very popular among people as people recognized him very much a "Serbian guy". He lived simple, spoke Serbian very good and was at the same time very royal and very down to earth. He also knew with the local people.

Crown princess Katherine at times makes me think of grand duchess Maria Teresa. Both seem to 'overpower' their husbands. With of course the important distinction that Katherine is very much promoting herself and her own family (of her first marriage) at the cost of the royal family, while MT's family is the grand ducal family.

Well, she want's it too badly, which people can read in many newspapers...and that kind of attitude can be said for the Crown Prince, although many people who know him better said that he is good-hearted, but directed what to do by her...and people don't like that.

Last edited:
I don't think it would make the difference. He has to be very "Serbian" so that people can connect with him, but he is not that kind of material. The only member which is universally loved is Princess Elizabeth despite all the bad things her own daughter Christina has written about her. She knows "how to do it" with the people, she speaks Serbian much better, people love her, but as she is universally popular she is a thorn in the flash of Crown Princess Katherine, who would love to be popular, but no matter what she does, she isn't. That's why there isn;t much love between the two of them.

Prince Tomislav, uncle of Crown Prince Alexander was very popular among people as people recognized him very much a "Serbian guy". He lived simple, spoke Serbian very good and was at the same time very royal and very down to earth. He also knew with the local people.

Well, she want's it too badly, which people can read in many newspapers...and that kind of attitude can be said for the Crown Prince, although many people who know him better said that he is good-hearted, but directed what to do by her...and people don't like that.

I'm very interested to read your comments. Thank you. Sadly, many Royal families across the Balkan peninsula have similar problems, particularly Margareta, Alexander II, Constantine II, Simeon II and Nikola II, in that the heirs of the next generation seemingly lack interest or commitment. I suppose that they never expected that there would be a role for them and made their lives elsewhere.

These families were, to a certain extent, 'robbed' of their native language and culture by the governments who exiled them, so I feel sorry that some are mocked for their language abilities. They all seem to speak several other European languages.

I'm very interested to read your comments. Thank you. Sadly, many Royal families across the Balkan peninsula have similar problems, particularly Margareta, Alexander II, Constantine II, Simeon II and Nikola II, in that the heirs of the next generation seemingly lack interest or commitment. I suppose that they never expected that there would be a role for them and made their lives elsewhere.

These families were, to a certain extent, 'robbed' of their native language and culture by the governments who exiled them, so I feel sorry that some are mocked for their language abilities. They all seem to speak several other European languages.

Well, this is nice to read. Yesterday's article:

https://serbiantimes.info/svuda-podi-svojoj-kuci-dodi-princ-filip-se-vratio-da-zivi-u-srbiji-foto/

For the article, please use google translate or something else, as the text is in Serbian. It literally means: "Go everywhere, but get back to your home." Prince Philip (or Filip in Serbian) and his immediate family decided to come back and live in Belgrade.

Last edited:
Although living in Serbia for almost 20 years, Crown Prince himself and his wife are still targets of many jokes.

Cousins do not get along also...and make jokes about one another

Example:

Princess Elizabeth gave an interview for "Politika" newspaprs some 5 years ago and ridiculed Crown Prince and his wife for not paying electricity bills:

"You are related to Charles, Prince of Wales. What is he like in private?

He seems serious, but he is not always like that. He likes to joke, he is very witty even in the most serious situations. In Belgrade and Novi Sad, he had various jokes only for the two of us, for his wife Camilla and me, so at one point Camilla laughed to tears. He also heard that the residents of the White Palace have problems with paying for electricity, and when I told him that I did not get an invitation for a reception with the Prime Minister, he jokingly told me: "There is no need for you to go to that reception. You paid for the electricity!"

Here is the interview where the quote is from (translated by google):

https://www-politika-rs.translate.g...tr_sl=sr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

She was referring to the situation where Crown Princely couple were accused for not paying their electricity bills for the Palace they live in:

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/society.php?yyyy=2016&mm=03&dd=16&nav_id=97383

Back
Top Bottom