Restoration of the Serbian Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Marc for all this informations. The image I had of Serbian royal family was completely different. When there are conflicts and differences of course this has an impact on their image in the people there. I was surprised a little and Princess Catherine too. Here in Greece often comes because of natural origin, but also because here live her children. There is enough coverage from media here for various events organized to assist organizations in the Serbia. What afraid by other family members and excluding them can not understand.

Well,CP Catherine really tries her best to do as much as possible as she is very ambitious to become a queen and as much popular as she can...

But there are certain things you do in a way people can respect you...Officially,she is very nice,always ready to take pictures etc.,but my friend who worked for her told me that she wanted her children to be proclaimed HRH and Prince and Princess and forced that issue,but the Crown Council declined it with disgust...

In one way,you have to admire the woman who puts up so much energy into her goals,but her only mistake is that she listens to nobody around and often make mistakes which often seen by others and not so much welcomed.

Last edited:
She wanted her children to get their titles prince, princess? This is ridiculous. Would she like to make her son the next heir maybe? What you need to do is to help and promote as can the children of her husband.

She wanted them to be adopted by the CP and to be proclaimed HRH...at least,that's what I have heard.

She wanted them to be adopted by the CP and to be proclaimed HRH...at least,that's what I have heard.

I think these are just idiotic rumours and not based by any facts at all. If Princess Katherine had any desire in that direction, she will have realized soon enough it was chanceless.

I think these are just idiotic rumours and not based by any facts at all. If Princess Katherine had any desire in that direction, she will have realized soon enough it was chanceless.

It came from her associate who works for her and CP now for years...

He also had a problem with her because of such things...When there was reburial of King Peter,she asked him to arrange people according to the order of precedence.Although that wasn't his job,he did it as she said and spent the whole night doing it as there was no time to wait.In the morning,she has seen it and stormed into anger because he hasn't put her children in front of everyone,even though she asked him to stick to the order of precedence strictly.

There were also many articles in the newspapers about Crown Princess and her employees.Her former PR made very big fuss accusing her security of molesting and beating her.

I met with Crown Princess few times and she was always very polite,I can't say.

But there was once one thing I witnessed.I was with her and few people at some dinner near Topola,where Karadjordjevic family has a mausoleum.The restaurant is owned by the cousin of the president of the Crown Council and the royal family always go there...

She drunk a bit more wine and began whispering a little bit more loudly "I am the Queen,I am the Queen..."

Day after that,one of the members of the Crown Council(will not name him) sent Crown Prince a letter asking him to "calm her down" as such things should not be said publicly.He did not respond,but she immediately called him and said that there was no need for him to come to the palace daily anymore,even though he is a member of the Crown Council and has an office there...

True or not,I only say what I have heard and what I have witnessed,but that kind of image is certainly not good for the Royal family in general and as a monarchist it's very sad indeed.

Last edited:
Marc i am curious about something else if of course you know. I know that the young prince Alexander now lives permanently in Serbia and owned a bar. What is the image that exists for this on the people there or about his relationship with the daughter of Emir Kusturica? (He is very popular in my country)

(Everyone here in Royal Forums can have their opinions. You know the things you know and thanks for the sharing with us... so do not care so much about it.)

Well,from what I have heard,he doesn't own a bar anymore because he had some disagreement with the other co-owner...

Emir Kusturica is very well known throughout the country...Some people like him very much,but some other don't.Opinions about him are very much divided.There were few articles about Prince Alexander and Dunja(Dunya),Emir's daughter,but they are keeping very low profile and people don't pay so much attention to it,if they know about it at all...

For example,there are much more important things to know about the royal family that people don't know and are just not interested.Except Crown Prince,people in general don't know who is who among royal family members,how many of them there are and how are they related.Many of them have just heard about the Crown Prince and Princess Elizabeth,while they don't know who others are except when they read the family name in the newspapers...if it isn't about Crown Prince or Princess Elizabeth they read it and say "it's about some Karadjordjevic Prince or Princess...",not even bothering to name them.There were few articles in the newspapers about Princess Helene of Yugoslavia(Serbia),her former husband and Nicholas Sarkozy,but people just didn't know who she exactly is...

Monarchy nowadays in Serbia isn't an option at all,unfortunately...majority of people just don't think about it,or if the minority even think about it,they don't think about it seriously at all...In Serbia,strong pro monarchy movement doesn't exist.

Last edited:
My neighbours are Serbian by coincidence and they say: "Monarchy? Serbia? Come on! We are in 2015!" They focus on a membership of the EU so that travel and working will be easier. Monarchy is a far-away-obscurity for them and they only experience it in the Netherlands, where they work. "Funny country, with a King and a Golden Carriage, hahaha!"

My neighbours are Serbian by coincidence and they say: "Monarchy? Serbia? Come on! We are in 2015!" They focus on a membership of the EU so that travel and working will be easier. Monarchy is a far-away-obscurity for them and they only experience it in the Netherlands, where they work. "Funny country, with a King and a Golden Carriage, hahaha!"

This is EXACTLY what majority of Serbian people think...When they think of King,they only think of fairy tale.The thing with a "King,Golden Carriage etc." is just nonsense and absurd for them...They look at it as an unnecessary masquerade.

Some members posted here some polls in which majority of Serbians are for the monarchy-I do not need to mention that the polls were so fixed and not real at all...

In reality,if you would ask people in the streets about the poll is which majority of people voted for the monarchy,most of them would shake their head,just laugh and leave.

What is the image that exists for this on the people there or about his relationship with the daughter of Emir Kusturica? (He is very popular in my country)

According to the newest writings in the newspaper,they are no longer together because of those photos published earlier on...

It is said she couldn't stand the fact that some girl was licking his nipple...More difficult is that they already have a distance relationship because she lives in Paris.

We will see if this is true and if it is,will they get back together...

:previous:Maybe it is gossip of the newspapers. We will see. But if it is true let's watch out. Thanks Marc i'm very interested for Serbian royals and is difficult for me to find news for them . But again from the country which come i have interest general for all Balkan royals.

Well,it is gossipy newspapers,so you never know with them.Sometimes something is true and sometimes they try to make headlines out of nothing...

Back in Christmas of 2014, it looked like the Hereditary Crown Prince brought his girlfriend to the palace to visit, but there has been no engagement. Has anyone heard anything or know if there perhaps is an impending marriage for one of the princes? The prince is 36 next month, and I am surprised that nothing has come of it.

Marc23, are there any news out there?

:previous:
Who is the girlfriend of Hereditary Crown Prince Peter? there are rumors of marriage?

:previous:

Who is the girlfriend of Hereditary Crown Prince Peter? there are rumors of marriage?

I am not sure he has one anymore! And if he does -I don't know if there are rumors of marriage. There was an article last Christmas that stated he had brought his girlfriend to the palace.

I was asking Marc23 if he had any news, or thoughts on the matter.

I was asking Marc23 if he had any news, or thoughts on the matter.

Unfortunately,I don't have any info regarding this issue :(

There were some rumors about some girl maybe 6-7 years ago,but lately nothing...she was a "commoner" girl,I think,from Spain and they met in London.

But nowadays,there are only articles about Prince Alexander,but only because of his relationship with daughter of Emir Kusturica,as he is well known in Serbia and a person newspapers like much to write about.

I want to know more about the monarchist movement in Serbia. Is there any Monarchist Party in Serbia? any movement?

At the Academy, in the Congress Hall of the hotel "Star" in Vrnjacka Banja, shows a film made up of long skrivanih obelodanjenih recordings only in this century. In it, witnesses say 20 sedmomartovskih demo from 1941. years – that were not monarchies. Attendees were welcomed by Crown Prince Alexander Karadjordjevic.

He told the crowd that the set of expression of confidence and noted that pride and honour Serbia can't rebuild.

-We owe it To our country and ancestors. We can learn something from the time in which they lived, and that's what Jubilees-said Prince Alexander.

UK has today accepted dvadestsedmomartovsku Declaration for restoration of parliamentary monarchy and a change of the Constitution of Serbia, which was proposed by former Serbian Parliament Speaker Predrag Markovic. He is proposing a declaration noted that personally I don't participate in politics, and that is not a member of the UK-
and
. Markovic said that in Serbia there is today the political class, but not the political elite.
-Serbia today has the political class, but not the political elite, and hope that they wake up in the street is always down in the cabinets. We must strengthen the institutions as a guarantee of true democracy and a permanent dam each party uzurpaciji-said M.

President of the UK-and Mario Majstorovć said that the Association does not exist to be advocated against someone or something, but do the restoration of community, spirituality and the restoration of the Kingdom of Serbia.

After working part of Congress UK, which was attended by 1500 participants and for whose maintenance the blessing he gave the head of the Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarch Irinej, held a solemn Academy.

UK, which currently has some 18000 members, established in 2008. year a group of students at the University of Belgrade under the name King's youth. This Association acts as a non-partisan, non-governmental and non-profit organization, under the auspices of Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic and with the primary goal of the restoration of the monarchy in Serbia.
KONGRES MONARHISTA Obeleženo 75 godina od preuzimanja pune vlasti kralja Petra Drugog

Last edited by a moderator:
No,not in any kind of serious way...people here in general don't think about the monarchy any more.

UK, which currently has some 18000 members, established in 2008. year a group of students at the University of Belgrade under the name King's youth. This Association acts as a non-partisan, non-governmental and non-profit organization, under the auspices of Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic and with the primary goal of the restoration of the monarchy in Serbia.
KONGRES MONARHISTA Obeleženo 75 godina od preuzimanja pune vlasti kralja Petra Drugog

I am also a member of King's youth,but I can say that apart from the name,there is nothing serious about it.Meetings are often held unofficially in some Belgrade cafes and are often "excuse for having fun."

As anyone can become a member,most members are only on paper and only few of them are really involved and who really want to do something.

I am also a member of King's youth,but I can say that apart from the name,there is nothing serious about it.Meetings are often held unofficially in some Belgrade cafes and are often "excuse for having fun."

As anyone can become a member,most members are only on paper and only few of them are really involved and who really want to do something.

Marc23 you are from Serbia? What is the position of the Royal family in relation to the restoration of the monarchy? they are involved in movements monarchists?

Marc23 you are from Serbia? What is the position of the Royal family in relation to the restoration of the monarchy? they are involved in movements monarchists?

Yes,I am...They are not actively involved in any kind of restoration of the monarchy.Unfortunately,here in Serbia,nobody is even thinking about it.

It would be nice to have a monarchy,but there is not a slightest chance of that in near future and as time passes by I fear it would diminish completely as 3 "young" Princes are simply not interested at all in that.

They are young,living abroad,very well of...simply living their lives very comfortably and nobody can blame them for doing so.

Last edited:
Thanks Marc23! What happen with him?

Thanks Marc23! What happen with him?

I tried to post the link with google translate so that English readers can read.

Nothing in particular...but,he posted some pictures where he is trying to "tongue" a cat behind her back,some picture where he is kissed almost lips to lips by another guy and the older picture of a girl kissing his nipples...

Nothing that scandalous imo, but scandalous enough for newspapers to publish an article named "What are you doing Prince?" where they posted those pictures...

Those kind of articles always get very bad press,if one can say so...very bad pr for the royal family in general.

Btw,he now seems to be working as a surf instructor in Nicaragua and is single again.At least according to newspapers.

Last edited:
...until the next adventures of him! Nicaragua? They don't found farther to send him? With the other two sons released anything in the press?

No,nothing was released about other two sons,but as I understood,they all have their separate ways...

Btw,royal family is seeking their property back...

There are two palaces,Royal Palace and White Palace,5 villas,land,furniture,gold,silver and art.

according to law,they don't have the right to seek usage of mines and hunting ground.Further than that,they can't find the securities they once had for valuables stored in Morgan Bank in Paris and for valuables stored in Court Administration.

Reactions: eya
Kingdom of Serbia Association's goals are restoration of constitutional parliamentary monarchy in Serbia, promotion of the concept of monarchy, and democracy, cooperation with similar associations in the Republic of Serbia and the diaspora.

Association with its activities, such as humanitarian action, volunteering, and other promotional activities as well as through direct support and collaboration with the Royal Palace, is working on restoration of the constitutional parliamentary monarchy in Serbia, following the example of the most successful countries such as Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Great Britain, Spain, Belgium, Japan, Canada and others.
Kingdom of Serbia Association

Serbian Monarchy

HRH Crown Prince Alexander garnered over 150,000 signatures in only a few days to create a referendum to restore the Monarchy in Serbia. Even members of parliament signed it. I would suspect that Serbia will once again be a Monarchy in the near future making it the first in a very long time to be restored.

HRH Crown Prince Alexander garnered over 150,000 signatures in only a few days to create a referendum to restore the Monarchy in Serbia. Even members of parliament signed it. I would suspect that Serbia will once again be a Monarchy in the near future making it the first in a very long time to be restored.

Truth? where can I view information about it? I hope that the monarchy is restored. :flowers:

I would love too, but don't think there is any chance in reality. :(

They were all over Serbia collecting signatures. All the news is in Serbian.

Can you put the links here?

I am a fan of the Royal Family of Serbia. I hope they get the signatures needed to hold a referendum and change the constitution. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom