Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia & Family, News & Events, 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia & Family, News & Events, 2022-

Welcome to the new thread for News and Events of Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia and their family.

37194976482_817cc320b0_o.png

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Prince Peter:

"It is a great honor for me as a great-grandson of King Alexander I, who 100 years ago made a huge contribution to the unification of the Serbian Orthodox Church, today in Sremski Karlovci with my family I attend the celebration of this jubilee and the Cathedral Liturgy on the occasion of the Holy Synod of Bishops."

It's in fact sad what he is saying :sad:

It is indeed, but it's even sadder that several members of the royal family have said similar things...even staff employed at the palace.

Prince Peter:

"It is a great honor for me as a great-grandson of King Alexander I, who 100 years ago made a huge contribution to the unification of the Serbian Orthodox Church, today in Sremski Karlovci with my family I attend the celebration of this jubilee and the Cathedral Liturgy on the occasion of the Holy Synod of Bishops."

It was prince Philip, the new hereditary prince, and not prince Peter who attended the celebrations.

It's in fact sad what he is saying :sad:

It is but no surprise as it is very much consistent with all other reports.

His father is heavily influenced by his stepmother; and the boys consider her an 'evil stepmother' based on how they were treated as children. So, they try to somehow remain a good relationship with their father although I assume that is complicated because as Philip says 'his father is never without his stepmother nearby and her presence is obligatory in every situation'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: eya
Message from Prince Philip on the birth of Princess Isidora.
I am glad that our large family has been enlarged by another member and the world has been beautified by one lovely girl. Congratulations to my cousins Mihailo and Ljubica on the birth of their daughter Princess Isidora.

The Karadjordjevics are being born in Serbia again!

Btw, Prince's name is constantly spelled wrong.

His actual and only real name is Filip, not Philip nor Philipp.

Just like his second cousin, King Felipe of Spain is not Philipp, Philip or Filip of Spain, but simply Felipe.

Last edited:
It is not clear to me yet TBH. The official website of the Serbian royal family uses 'Ph', which is why I have used the same spelling here. I would gladly change it if another spelling is correct:

https://royalfamily.org/royal-family/hrh-prince-philip/

Thank you for that. For example, on his official twitter account he is "Princ Filip", but again used Philip for English version:

https://twitter.com/princfilip1

I understand, as Philip is an anglicized version of Filip. :) and good thing is that it is pronounced it the same way in Serbian and in English.

Well, if they want him to be known like that, it's fine with me...sorry for mentioning.

But, imagine, for example, Spanish people reading in various posts about King John Charles of Spain instead of King Juan Carlos...or about King Philip for King Felipe.

Last edited:
I am sure Spanish people wouldn't mind because that is exactly what the Spanish media does to non-Spanish names. So, for them it would be expected. They probably have no clue that the king of the Netherland is called Willem-Alexander as they only have ever seen him referred to as Guillermo Alejandro.

However, we are getting off topic.

Prince Filip today:

"Today we attended the historic act of reconciliation and Christian love, the Holy Liturgy served by Patriarch Porphyry and Archbishop Stefan, which established the canonical and Eucharistic unity of the SOC and MOC-OA, and made another step towards bringing fraternal peoples closer."

Tonight, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess are hosting a dinner at the palace in honor of the Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church...and guess what, Prince Filip is not invited.

:previous: Just sad!

You have the Hereditary Prince who lives in the country and he is very active to support the monarchy and you just ignore him. Very sad.

Posted a response here regarding the spelling of the names: https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...s-2-february-2005-a-28202-30.html#post2469559

I believe this is the interview from which the article is quoting:

https://www.kurir.rs/vesti/drustvo/...luzivno-za-kurir-o-spletkama-na-srpskom-dvoru

Filip is sitting right next to the patriarch, which is a clear sign whom the Serbian Orthodox church supports...

Tonight, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess are hosting a dinner at the palace in honor of the Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church...and guess what, Prince Filip is not invited.

So the Serbian Orthodox Church is attempting to remain close with both sides of the family divide?

Last edited:
So the Serbian Orthodox Church is attempting to remain close with both sides of the family divide?

I think that Serbian Orthodox Church supports both father and son, but does not support stepmother, as she is the one who decides about everything.

The only reason, at least for me, to get this kind of public renunciation is to try to install Filip in or at least near the palace (and his father) as the Hereditary Prince as soon as possible, since Peter neither lives there or has any kind of intention to live that kind of life...

Basically, Crown Princess in control of almost everything there, including money, priceless art collection, for which she battles for with various museums and almost everything concerning both palaces and who resides there...One of the palaces called White Palace is often rented for various events which brings money, while they reside in the Old Palace.

Which means, a lot of money goes through her hands and profit goes only to those close to her, which are not members of the royal family, but only members of her immediate family...that's why I think the Church tried public support for Prince Filip, to try to turn things in different direction before it's too late...Of course, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Prince Philip with Princess Danica on 25 June:

"Thank you to Bishop Grigorije for the dinner of pure emotion and love with which he always gathers us. Last night's promotion of his new book "Heavenly Yards" in Kolarac's endowment was just like that, full of beautiful emotions and the spirit of conciliarity."

Prince Philip:

"In recent days, we have been enjoying spending time with my mother, Princess Maria da Gloria of Orléans and Braganza, who visited us in Belgrade. Stefan especially enjoys the company of his grandmother, who these days takes him and welcomes him from kindergarten. I am happy that my mother is with us in Serbia. This is also her home."

"We proudly showed my mother the Saint Sava Temple. She is delighted with the imposing mosaic, and we are fascinated by her knowledge of Serbian history and respect for Serbian saints. We also enjoyed a walk in Karađorđev Park"

Prince Philip with Princess Danica and his mother Princess Maria da Gloria attended on 10 July at the Liturgy, which was celebrated by Patriarch Porphyry in the Church of Saint Sava.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUS7SFXgAEEY6F?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUS989XgAAc7dQ?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUS_5XXkAM26dM?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUTBgCWAAIKuT7?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUTCLeWIAQSAFm?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXUTCw9XkAQrO-z?format=jpg&name=large

Prince Philip:

"In recent days, we have been enjoying spending time with my mother, Princess Maria da Gloria of Orléans and Braganza, who visited us in Belgrade. Stefan especially enjoys the company of his grandmother, who these days takes him and welcomes him from kindergarten. I am happy that my mother is with us in Serbia. This is also her home."

"We proudly showed my mother the Saint Sava Temple. She is delighted with the imposing mosaic, and we are fascinated by her knowledge of Serbian history and respect for Serbian saints. We also enjoyed a walk in Karađorđev Park"

It’s nice to see mother and son together

Prince Philip gave an interview in which he said that Queen Elizabeth II and Great Britain could have done more for Serbia:

https://rs-n1info-com.translate.goo...tr_sl=sr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
I don’t know how to feel about this, I would agree on a number things said in the interview but that thing about the Queen not helping them, I wouldn’t voice that. Maybe I’m overthinking?

I don’t know how to feel about this, I would agree on a number things said in the interview but that thing about the Queen not helping them, I wouldn’t voice that. Maybe I’m overthinking?

Well, it's hard to tell and depends from whose point of view. The Queen doesn't make political decisions, their Government does...Can she influence the Government in certain issues? Probably...But will she do it if the British interests are in question? I doubt it...

For example, British RF could have "done more" and save the lives of Nicholas II and his immediate family, who were their close relations, but they just chose not to interfere as that was the position of their Government.

So, everything depends on the point of view...

Well, it's hard to tell and depends from whose point of view. The Queen doesn't make political decisions, their Government does...Can she influence the Government in certain issues? Probably...But will she do it if the British interests are in question? I doubt it...

For example, British RF could have "done more" and save the lives of Nicholas II and his immediate family, who were their close relations, but they just chose not to interfere as that was the position of their Government.

So, everything depends on the point of view...
I understand what you said, but what I’m really thinking is that was it really appropriate for him to say this? All I’ll say is with royals there will always be personal matters and governmental matters, sometimes the two will clash or cross paths, but ultimately as a constitutional monarchy the interests of the crown triumph over personal matters.

I understand what you said, but what I’m really thinking is that was it really appropriate for him to say this? All I’ll say is with royals there will always be personal matters and governmental matters, sometimes the two will clash or cross paths, but ultimately as a constitutional monarchy the interests of the crown triumph over personal matters.

Well, he is obviously likes to say what he thinks...

Will it be his father, mother, brother, stepmother or the Queen of Britain, it obviously doesn't matter...he says it! We have seen that in various recent examples...which were not flattering to be revealed.

Is it appropriate? In royal double speaking language, it obviously isn't...but it seems he doesn't want that kind of life or role where he can't speak his own mind.

Unfortunately, I don't think I am smart enough to determine is it good or bad habit of speaking the truth or what you think so bluntly. Sometimes, it's good, because ordinary people see you as frank and honest, but if you try to be diplomat, it's probably not good.

Well, he is obviously likes to say what he thinks...

Will it be his father, mother, brother, stepmother or the Queen of Britain, it obviously doesn't matter...he says it! We have seen that in various recent examples...which were not flattering to be revealed.

Is it appropriate? In royal double speaking language, it obviously isn't...but it seems he doesn't want that kind of life or role where he can't speak his own mind.

Unfortunately, I don't think I am smart enough to determine is it good or bad habit of speaking the truth or what you think so bluntly. Sometimes, it's good, because ordinary people see you as frank and honest, but if you try to be diplomat, it's probably not good.
I take it for what it is. Thank you for your comment

Back
Top Bottom