Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia & Family, News & Events, 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely photos. A pity that Crown Prince Alexander was not included, as the other grandparents were.

How much hair she has ! So lovely to see !

This week, my father, Crown Prince Alexander, visited us in our home and met his granddaughter and also the youngest member of the Royal Family, our daughter Princess Marija. This picture marks a significant event in the history of the Karađorđević dynasty: three generations, in a direct hereditary line, united in one place for the first time. Something that has never happened in the history of the Karađorđević dynasty.

Such moments remind us of the enduring values that bind us, not just as a family, but as members of a dynasty with a rich heritage of leadership and resilience. During these difficult times, it is crucial to uphold these virtues and values. The essence of monarchy, lies in the continuity and stability secured through our next generations. Our commitment to our children, guiding and including them in our journey, is fundamental to the thriving of our legacy and nation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1J5Wk4MgRI/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Prince Philip also adds in the comments that they have all agreed that it is important for Crown Prince Alexander to spend more time with his grandchildren as they all live in Belgrade. He wants them to be closer to their grandfather for the healthy continuity of the dynasty in the home King Alexander I built using personal funds in Dedinje. He concludes by adding that he believes this moment will come soon.

Really glad to see a picture of the three generations. Hopefully this means that relations are indeed being restored.

Prince Philip also adds in the comments that they have all agreed that it is important for Crown Prince Alexander to spend more time with his grandchildren as they all live in Belgrade. He wants them to be closer to their grandfather for the healthy continuity of the dynasty in the home King Alexander I built using personal funds in Dedinje. He concludes by adding that he believes this moment will come soon.

What house does Prince Philip live in?

Today, Hereditary Prince Philip, in Oplenac, celebrated Saint Tryphon, patron saint of winegrowers. Accompanied by his cousin Prince Mihailo, the director of the King Peter I Endowment, Mr. Dragan Reljić, and the clergy of the vicarage of Oplena, with prayer and wine, he pruned the vines of the king's vineyard for the first time this year, as ordered the tradition.

Hereditary Prince Petar made such a huge mistake. It's painful to watch these people's inappropriate conduct and to think of all the insults this Philip has directed toward his own father and the woman who raised him... Crown Princess Catherine is lovely in every possible way.
What do you guys think? Should hereditary princes with dignity and respect abandon their titles to ambitious younger brothers that have nothing good to offer?

Hereditary Prince Petar made such a huge mistake. It's painful to watch these people's inappropriate conduct and to think of all the insults this Philip has directed toward his own father and the woman who raised him... Crown Princess Catherine is lovely in every possible way.
What do you guys think? Should hereditary princes with dignity and respect abandon their titles to ambitious younger brothers that have nothing good to offer?

It is clear that the brothers have a different opinion about their step-mother. Based on their personal experience, they don't consider her 'lovely in every possible way'.

From a distance, it is clear that she has been pushing her own family to the forefront to the detriment of the real princes.

Quite right, Somebody. I know they all have a negative opinion about the Crown Princess.
Still, this woman refrained from having a baby with her second husband because she wanted to focus on raising these 3 boys...
She deserves some respect for this. Going public about such private family matters is just preposterous.

However, if we leave the relationship with their step mother aside, what good do these two bring to the table, to the poor country or to the monarchy? They smell trouble all the way, being all over the place and making headlines for all the wrong reasons...

Did you notice how they stood above Petar's head, waiting for his last signature on the day he renounced his rights to the throne? I have never in my life seen anything quite similar... and I have seen a lot!

Quite right, Somebody. I know they all have a negative opinion about the Crown Princess.
Still, this woman refrained from having a baby with her second husband because she wanted to focus on raising these 3 boys...
She deserves some respect for this. Going public about such private family matters is just preposterous.

However, if we leave the relationship with their step mother aside, what good do these two bring to the table, to the poor country or to the monarchy? They smell trouble all the way, being all over the place and making headlines for all the wrong reasons...

Did you notice how they stood above Petar's head, waiting for his last signature on the day he renounced his rights to the throne? I have never in my life seen anything quite similar... and I have seen a lot!

Katherine was almost 42 when she got married to Alexander. So, it is doubtful she would have been able to have another child at that age.

Whether Philip should have gone public with some of his grievances (although it seems to me that he was relatively restrained when doing so) is a different matter. That his parents divorced when he and his brothers were very young and remarried very soon afterwards resulting in a complicated upbringing, is something that the adults were responsible for, not the three boys.

Given that Peter apparently had no interest at all to fulfill the role as head of the royal family in the future and Philip has a heir and is willing (as he has shown over the years), I cannot blame them for taking these steps in good harmony. Not sure what you are implying about the picture which seemed completely normal to me: Peter's mother, brother (and heir) and sister-in-law watching him sign the act. That it was without the approval of their father is a different matter; however, it seems that relationship is on the mend based on the recent pictures.

Wouldn’t the sons of the crown prince be in the best position to judge how successful CPss Katherine’s attempt at raising them was? They are around 40 y/o now and will have come to their own ideas which will be better founded on reality than our judgements from afar.

I am not sure why you dislike prince Philip and his wife. But what alternative do you see? The eldest son is not interested and renounced. You think the whole thing should become extinct upon the death of the crown prince?

I always thought Peter had no interest in being head of the Royal Household. And that's why he abdicated his rights as heir to the Royal House to his brother, Philip, who was interested in representing the Royal House.
Philip has never hidden that he doesn't have a good relationship with his stepmother, Katherine. But from what I remember Philip didn't make many statements on this subject.

Thank you all for the good points!

I'm open and ready to warm up to them, but they have to be discreet, kind and considerate towards other family members.

Finally, I appreciate CPss Katherine for never commenting on the mud they threw at her. A true lady, in my book.

Prince Stefan is celebrating his sixth birthday today.

Prince Philip and Princess Danica welcomed Nicholas and Alina Maria of Romania to Belgrade, Serbia.

This morning the two couples attended together the liturgy celebrated by the Serbian Patriarch Porfirije in the Church of Saint Sava in Vračar, with the concelebration of their Vicar Bishops.

Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia and Nicholas and Alina Maria of Romania laid flowers at the monument in honor of the three-year-old girl Milica Rakic who was killed by cluster munitions during the NATO bombing of Serbia.

Prince Philip and Princess Danica with Nicholas and Alina Mari of Romania paid a visit to the Historical Museum of Serbia, where they saw an exhibition dedicated to the Serbian royal family.

Prince Philip and Princess Danica took Nicholas and Alina Maria from Romania to visit the Mausoleum of the Karadjordjevic dynasty in Serbia.

The two couples were accompanied by their children.

Wonderful to see the Serbian and Romanian royal couples together with their children.

Technically neither are the Serbians.

It’s interesting to see how Philip seems to see Nicolas as his equal, an “heir” so to speak. Does he not recognise him being barred from the line of succession?

Technically neither are the Serbians.

It’s interesting to see how Philip seems to see Nicolas as his equal, an “heir” so to speak. Does he not recognise him being barred from the line of succession?
I guess that for Nicholas Philip is a great example of how you arrange your position for yourself...

Given how Philip kind of ignored the head of the house when arranging for himself to become the hereditary prince/make himself the future head, he probably considers that a viable option for Nicholas as well.

You’re probably right!
I find it so interesting how former ruling families get along in life pretending that they are still part of a reigning family.

You’re probably right!
I find it so interesting how former ruling families get along in life pretending that they are still part of a reigning family.
I don’t think they see it like that. They know they don’t reign.

Hereditary Prince Philip visited Montenegro.

Back
Top Bottom