Hereditary Prince Peter Renounces Rights; 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kinan

City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
A very shocking news.

Peter Karadordevic, known as Hereditary Prince of Serbia, the eldest son of Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia renounced his right as the future head of dynasty. His rights were automatically transfered to his brother, Filip.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc5aDY2MUPP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Peter does not live in Serbia.
His brother, Filip lives in Serbia and married Serbian woman.

"The Prince of Serbia and Yugoslavia, Peter Karadjordjevic, announced that he had "abdicated" and transferred his potential rights to his brother, Prince Philip.
"It is in the interest of the dynasty that the heir prince lives with his family in Serbia, among our people. And my brother, Prince Filip, linked his life and the life of his family to our homeland, where after nine decades the first male member of the Karadjordjevic dynasty was born, my brother's successor, Prince Stefan, "said Peter Karadjordjevic in a statement.
He added that he continues his life in Seville, as well as not to renounce the rights arising from the right to inherit the name, member of the royal house, title Karadjordjevic and other rights and obligations that law and tradition give and impose to a family member.
"I renounce all rights and prerogatives that belong to me on the basis of the birthright in the line of elders of the royal house of Serbia and Yugoslavia. By the act of abdication, I renounce myself and all my descendants who were born or will be born in a marital relationship or out of wedlock ", added Peter Karađorđević.
He added that he officially informed his father, Prince Alexander and Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church Porphyry, about his "unwavering decision"."

https://hr-n1info-com.translate.goo...tr_sl=hr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=el&_x_tr_pto=sc

https://hr.n1info.com/regija/petar-karadordevic-abdicirao-i-svoja-prava-prenio-na-princa-filipa/

His cousin Prince Mihailo:

""I fully support the decision of my cousin Peter to transfer his duties, rights and obligations to Filip. I deeply believe that Filip will give an exceptional contribution to our country, our people and our society with his life in Serbia and his efforts. Over the past years, I have had the opportunity to be convinced of Filip's sincere intentions and true concern for the progress of our people, in Serbia and abroad. Ljubica and I will continue, as before, to give our support to Filip and Danica in order to work together for the common good and progress. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc5u2NFtRN0/

Last edited:
Not a complete surprise I guess. He never seemed particulary interested in it and prefers to speak English instead of Serbian. It seems he changed his mind about marriage as during the short clip at his brother's wedding he indicated that it was not likely that he ever would get married.

It is nice that he came to the decision in harmony with his brother and sister-in-law. I imagine the older lady on the photos is his mother? A pity his father could not be there. The new heir has a lovely family.

Last edited:
I suppose it makes sense since his brother lives in Serbia and is interested in carrying out "royal duties" including public closeness with the SOC and Peter doesn't want any of that and this way he can live his life without anyone trying to interfere because he's the "Hereditary Prince" even though they have no throne and less of a platform than the Romanians and Montenegrins.

His brother is also married to a Serbian woman who's interviews emphasize a traditional outlook and they have a son. Peter isn't married so it may well have come to his brother and nephew in time anyway and this is what both brothers actually want, so lets get on with it.

I wonder if there's more to it though behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I am surprised by this news. But Peter has never seemed interested in activities related to the Royal House, does not live in Serbia and has a low-key life and appears little in public.

Filip has always seemed interested in representing the Royal House, lives in Serbia and already has a son, little Stefan.

I’m not really surprised by this. It’s been evident for some time that Prince Filip has been positioning himself to be seen as the heir to his father. He is the only son of Crown Prince Alexander who regularly makes appearances in Serbia or seems to take a strong interest in matters of church and state.

When was the last time a Hereditary Prince of a country renounced his rights?

But why did the Crown Prince renounce his rights?

I apologize for being very poorly informed about this Royal family.

I am not surprised at all.

In this article there is mentioned that all brothers are close to each other, despite living in different countries each:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2022/04/prince-peter-of-serbia-renounces.html

Prince Peter lives in Spain
New Hereditary Prince Filip and his family - in Serbia.

And where does Prince Alexander junior live? Anyone knows?

The Royal House website says that Prince Alexander works in the area of electronic Internet publishing in California.

https://royalfamily.org/royal-family/hrh-prince-alexander/

Prince Peter lives in Spain
New Hereditary Prince Filip and his family - in Serbia.

And where does Prince Alexander junior live? Anyone knows?

As far as I know, he lives in the US.

Some Serbian media reported that Prince Peter has an extramarital daughter, who is now around 7-8 years old and lives in London with her mother. Allegedly, he acknowledged this child...

Though, this media is not the most trusted one...

Last edited:
Some Serbian media reported that Prince Peter has an extramarital daughter, who is now around 7-8 years old and lives in London with her mother. Allegedly, he acknowledged this child...

This is interesting information. And also unexpected. Will it be true?

The Royal House has not yet commented on Prince Peter's resignation. Did Prince Alexander II not agree with Prince Peter's resignation?

Last edited:
This is interesting information. And also unexpected. Will it be true?

The Royal House has not yet commented on Prince Peter's resignation. Did Prince Alexander II not agree with Prince Peter's resignation?

Well, I don't know...But lately, many things were very strange. Peter did this abdication at his mother's palace in Sevilla, not at the White Palace in Belgrade...Crown Prince Alexander was silent, yet Peter's brother Filip was present there. This indicates that there are parallel structures in Serbian Royal family, which is Crown Prince and his wife on one side and Prince Filip and his family on the other side.

Among others, a priest (mr. Ortega Modest from Mallorca) who was present there is very close to the Serbian Patriarch, which indicates that Serbian Orthodox Church backs up Filip. There was also one member of the Royal Council, Ljubodrag Grujic, present in Sevilla, which also might indicate that the Council itself is divided between two lines, older one and the younger one. This member obviously backs up the younger line.

This was almost obvious as Crown Prince and Crown Princess have their own PR service while Filip has it's own and that they operate separately...which can also tell a lot. Filip is rarely mentioned in PR service of Crown Prince, unlike children of Crown Princess who are mentioned there as the children of the Royal couple, not just like her children. Imagine, if Camilla's children would officially be addressed as children of Charles?

So, something is going on for a while...and from what I have heard a while ago, there is a rift between his children and the stepmother, who is backed up by her husband in all her ideas.

Last edited:
Yes, my idea is that Katharine of Serbia has a quite complicated relationship with her stepchildren (the children of the current Duchess of Segorbe formerly Crown Princess of Yugoslavia born Princess of Orléans-Bragança).

So, something is going on for a while...and from what I have heard a while ago, there is a rift between his children and the stepmother, who is backed up by her husband in all her ideas.

Yes, my idea is that Katharine of Serbia has a quite complicated relationship with her stepchildren (the children of the current Duchess of Segorbe formerly Crown Princess of Yugoslavia born Princess of Orléans-Bragança).

That Crown Princess Katherine and some members of the royal family doesn't get along has been an untold truth for years. If you wonder what Prince Filip thinks of her I recommend that you look at the clip linked below at about 5 minutes in to find out.

I would never have guessed someone saying that more bitcoins would lead to more monarchies (the introduction of Prince Philip around 3 minutes...). Interesting that Prince Philip seems an avid bitcoiner.

Shocking that Prince Philip really called Katharine an evil stepmother...

"[....] My parents sadly separated and we, my brothers and I, we moved to Sevilla, in Spain, where we spent two or three years there, until - well - a decision was made that we had to move to London, to live with my father and my stepmother.

And that was a very difficult living, with my stepmother - yeah - , she can not imagine, it is a bit the usual tale of an evil stepmother but it is kind of true. I don't mind being open about this. Being separated from our mother was not easy, at such a young age. Yes, we went back to see our mother during holidays but it was not easy. I went to boarding school in the UK. [.....]"

Last edited:
I also agree that Prince Alexander did not agree with Prince Peter's decision.

Last edited:
I also agree that Prince Alexander did not agree with Prince Peter's decision.

I think he agrees but it stings him he was not properly consulted, that it all went beyond his House and even outside Serbia.

That Crown Princess Katherine and some members of the royal family doesn't get along has been an untold truth for years.

At one point, few years ago, all 3 of the Princes came to live to Serbia...at first in the palace, but after that each of the Princes had it's own living place in Belgrade...

Some of my friends, who are close to them, told me that it was impossible for them to live in the palace with her...In their words, she is very demanding and doesn't tolerate anyone...they just couldn't stand it, so at first they left palace and after they left Serbia as they just couldn't have a normal relationship with their father, whom they praised, but said that he was under her influence and that they are powerless, so they left.

Last edited:
This is not surprising in the slightest, and, entirely appropriate as well. If the family had any real ambition of restoring the monarchy, then Prince Alexander would be smart to step down in favor of his second son as well, instead he has chosen to throw a public fit. It's unfortunate he is beholden to his wife's money but being an active pretender to the throne is not cheap.

That Crown Princess Katherine and some members of the royal family doesn't get along has been an untold truth for years. If you wonder what Prince Filip thinks of her I recommend that you look at the clip linked below at about 5 minutes in to find out.

Thanks for sharing this.

Wow! I guess it isn't untold anymore.

I have to admit, I admire what Peter has done. People in families like this - even families that no longer reign - must be raised with expectations about the role they are supposed to play, and the path they are supposed to follow. Especially when they are the eldest son.

But Peter has said 'I don't want this thank you' and has now walked away. Good for him, for knowing who he is and who he is not. Better to leave the responsibilities in the hands of a brother who wants them instead.

As a character in Starship Troopers once said, 'Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has.' ?

Last edited:
Among others, a priest (mr. Ortega Modest from Mallorca) who was present there is very close to the Serbian Patriarch, which indicates that Serbian Orthodox Church backs up Filip. There was also one member of the Royal Council, Ljubodrag Grujic, present in Sevilla, which also might indicate that the Council itself is divided between two lines, older one and the younger one. This member obviously backs up the younger line.

This was almost obvious as Crown Prince and Crown Princess have their own PR service while Filip has it's own and that they operate separately...which can also tell a lot. Filip is rarely mentioned in PR service of Crown Prince, unlike children of Crown Princess who are mentioned there as the children of the Royal couple, not just like her children. Imagine, if Camilla's children would officially be addressed as children of Charles?

Thank you for the further context, especially the significance of the priest who was present.

Would you have a link to the reports regarding Peter's alleged daughter? Is his alleged acknowledgement of her said to be a recent event?

That Peter's press release indicated his father had been notified, but made no statement of his father's approval or agreement (as is found in most announcements of this nature), and that it expressly specified that his renunciation would apply to descendants already born and descendants born out of wedlock as well as future marital descendants, seems to be evidence in favor of the stories about both the father-son rift and the extramarital daughter.

Filip is rarely mentioned in PR service of Crown Prince, unlike children of Crown Princess who are mentioned there as the children of the Royal couple, not just like her children. Imagine, if Camilla's children would officially be addressed as children of Charles?

Perhaps it differs in Serbia, but in many societies it would be normal to address one's stepchildren as one's children if a parental emotional bond exists between the stepparent and the stepchild. The Crown Prince of Norway for instance has addressed his stepson as his son.

Peter also addressed his mother's daughter Sol as "my sister" in his press release, which appears in full in lula's article.

I would never have guessed someone saying that more bitcoins would lead to more monarchies (the introduction of Prince Philip around 3 minutes...). Interesting that Prince Philip seems an avid bitcoiner.

Shocking that Prince Philip really called Katharine an evil stepmother...

"[....] My parents sadly separated and we, my brothers and I, we moved to Sevilla, in Spain, where we spent two or three years there, until - well - a decision was made that we had to move to London, to live with my father and my stepmother.

And that was a very difficult living, with my stepmother - yeah - , she can not imagine, it is a bit the usual tale of an evil stepmother but it is kind of true. I don't mind being open about this. Being separated from our mother was not easy, at such a young age. Yes, we went back to see our mother during holidays but it was not easy. I went to boarding school in the UK. [.....]"

I very much appreciate your transcription of the video.

Back
Top Bottom