Crown Prince Alexander II current events: February 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sad that we have seen nothing recently in terms of the royal family.

Hopefully we see something soon. I guess not much going on for the moment being.

Perhaps there will be an engagement for Prince Petar sometime soon. Although we didn't see her, he did bring a girlfriend (no name was given), to the family Christmas event.

:previous: It appears that Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine have been quite active over the past week, so it looks as if your wish has been granted, USCtrojan. :flowers: It seems that the couple do a lot for Serbia, so I hope that the Serbian throne can be restored during their lifetime as I feel that Crown Prince Alexander would be an excellent King.
26 September: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted a concert for the Royal St. George's Strings Orchestra at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, Serbia. Prince Philip is the patron of the Orchestra and sent a letter to them in connection with the concert, stating:

"For over sixteen years, I am honoured to be the patron of the Royal Strings of St. George. During that time, they had a series of concerts at musical events in the country and abroad, and it is with great pleasure and pride that I follow their success. I am confident that this will be an exceptional artistic evening. As always, on this occasion, the Royal Strings of St. George and their remarkable concert master maestro Krstic, have my full support".

http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-pr...george-strings-orchestra-at-the-royal-palace/

24 September: Crown Prince Alexander extended his congratulations to the Jewish community in Serbia on the occasion of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year: Crown Prince Alexander extends congratulations for Rosh Hashanah | The Royal Family of Serbia

23 September: Crown Prince Alexander attended the opening exhibition of the seventieth anniversary of Operation Halyard at the United States Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia: Crown Prince Alexander at the opening Exhibition 70th Anniversary of Operation Halyard | The Royal Family of Serbia

21 September: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted the opening of the exhibition of the one hundred and tenth anniversary of Peter I of Serbia's coronation at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, Serbia. The exhibition is available for those who are visiting the Royal Palace until October 3 (which is two days after my birthday :)): Royal couple host opening of the exhibition “110th Anniversary of Coronation of King Peter I” at the Royal Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

1 October: Crown Princess Katherine delivered humanitarian aid to KBC Zemun and victims of the floods in Obrenovac at the Clinical Centre in Zemun. She met Mrs. Kathy Fanslow, the President of the Lifeline Chicago Humanitarian Organization, of which she is patron of:

Princess Katherine delivers humanitarian aid to KBC Zemun and victims of floods in Obrenovac | The Royal Family of Serbia

2 October: Crown Prince Alexander extended his congratulations to the Jewish community of Serbia in connection with Yom Kippur, a Jewish holiday representing forgiveness, reconciliation and remorse:

Crown Prince Alexander extends congratulations for Yom Kippur | The Royal Family of Serbia

2 October: Crown Princess Katherine delivered humanitarian aid to the victims of the floods in the Krupanj Municipality for sixty five families living in Mojkovic and Brstica:

Princess Katherine delivers humanitarian aid to flood victims in Krupanj Municipality | The Royal Family of Serbia

3 October: Crown Prince Alexander extended his congratulations to the Muslim community of Serbia in connection with Kurban Bayrami, an important Muslim holiday:

Crown Prince Alexander congratulates Kurban Bayrami to the Islamic Community | The Royal Family of Serbia

3 October: Crown Princess Katherine delivered humanitarian aid to the victims of the floods in Bijeljina:

HRH Crown Princess Katherine delivers humanitarian aid to flood victims in Bijeljina | The Royal Family of Serbia

:previous: I had wondered why Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine were in Sweden, but it looks like they were there for a three day visit from October 6 - October 9. Whilst they were there, they met with King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.

9 October: Crown Prince Alexander attended a commemorative ceremony in Marseilles, France in connection with the assassination of King Alexander I, as this year was the eightieth anniversary. His speech can be found below:

"Political history of Serbia, and then Yugoslavia of the first half of 20th century was marked by an efforts of then regent and after a King Alexander Karadjordjevic. He took responsibility for the destiny of Serbia in the eve of the Great War, and ran the state with wisdom during four years of fighting, suffering and exile, and gave huge contribution to the fact that a new state has been founded above all on tradition of Serbian democracy and political tradition. Efforts of King Alexander I the Unifier, as his contemporary have called him, to build a common state of South Slavic people on Serbian tradition of Parliamentary democracy of French type, were the root cause of his tragic death. By bravely fighting all attempts to undermine the state foundations on national or ideological basis, the King became a symbol of the state. All enemies of Yugoslavia, in Zagreb, Moscow or Rome, saw him as a major obstacle for destruction or division of the state. King Alexander tried that Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenians first, and then Yugoslavia, keep alliances made during the war, with France above all. The death of King Alexander and Louis Barthou marked without any doubt of policy based on experience from the Great War. Policy of backing down to totalitarian regimes in the heart of Europe and in the East led to a new war, whose first victim was the King and Unifier of Yugoslavia, Alexander Karadjordjevic".

http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-pr...sination-of-hm-king-alexander-i-in-marseille/

He also attended an event in connection with the anniversary at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, Serbia: http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-pr...dfather-king-alexander-i-at-the-royal-palace/

10 October: Crown Prince Alexander opened the fifty first grape harvest in Topola, Serbia. His speech can be found below:

"Oplenac Grape Harvest is a symbol of our country’s fertility and the gifts it provides us. The Assembly of Folk Creativity is the image of vitality and achievements of the spirit of our people. These events enrich our cultural and artistic heritage and represent Serbiain the best light. May this and every new Oplenac Grape Harvest present to Serbia and the world even better wines, and all the other great products from Topola and Sumadija".

http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-prince-opens-51st-oplenac-grape-harvest-in-topola/

10 October: Crown Princess Katherine opened the Fourth Oncologic Symposium at the Hotel Hyatt in Belgrade, Serbia. A snippet of her speech can be found below:

"Lung cancer and breast cancer are, beside cervical cancer, the three most frequent malignancies in Serbia, and therefore it is of outmost importance to develop and implement National strategy for prevention of these diseases".

http://www.royalfamily.org/princess-katherine-opens-fourth-oncologic-symposium/

10 October: Crown Prince Alexander unveiled the bust of King Alexander I at the Russian House in Belgrade, Serbia. His speech can be found below:

"My wife and I were guests of the French government yesterday in Marseilles, where the tribute to my grandfather King Alexander was paid. French government made a great honour to my family and I. Today I am here with you at the Russian House. My grandfather was a great friend of Russian people, and Russian people were always great friends of us Serbs. King Alexander I was held in high esteem both in the East and in the West, and therefore I am very happy to be with you here tonight. Long live the friendship between our people!"

http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-pr...-of-hm-king-alexander-i-at-the-russian-house/

October 10: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended an event at the Russian House in Belgrade, Serbia, where Crown Prince Alexander unveiled the bust of King Alexander I:

Crown Prince and Russian Ambassador unveil the bust of HM King Alexander I at the Russian House | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 12: Crown Prince Alexander's son Prince Peter visited Chicago in connection with a Lifeline event:

Prince Peter in Chicago for a special Lifeline Event | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 13: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted an exhibition entitled "Discovering Arcadia - French Art At The Royal Compund", which will open to the public until October 24:

“Discovering Arcadia – French Art at the Royal Compound” exhibition opens at the White Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 16: Crown Prince Alexander hosted a round table meeting in connection with the topic "King Alexander I and his time" at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, Serbia:

“King Alexander I Unifier and his time” round table at the Royal Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 25: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted an annual luncheon for Lifeline New York at Le Cirque in New York:

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine host annual luncheon for Lifeline New York | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 27: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine were the guests of honour at the Saint Sava Cathedral's Seventieth Anniversary Banquet in New York:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess guests of honour at Seventieth Anniversary Banquet Saint Sava Cathedral in New York | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 28: Crown Princess Katherine was interviewed by MSN whilst in New York. You can watch the full interview below:

HRH Crown Princess Katherine interview with MSN in New York | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 29: Crown Prince Alexander attended events in connection with Serbia Investment Day 2014 at the Central Hall in Westminster, London:

Crown Prince Alexander attends Serbia Investment Day 2014 in London | The Royal Family of Serbia

October 31: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine visited the Belgrade Book Fair:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit Belgrade Book Fair | The Royal Family of Serbia

Question: When I look at the programme and archive of the royal family´s homepage I get the impression that only the CP and Princess Catherine have royal engagements, but the CP´s sons hardly. I´m a bit surprised that not even the hereditary prince performs royal duties (often)...? It seems quite a different policy comparing to the royal house of Romania, doesn´t it?

Question: When I look at the programme and archive of the royal family´s homepage I get the impression that only the CP and Princess Catherine have royal engagements, but the CP´s sons hardly. I´m a bit surprised that not even the hereditary prince performs royal duties (often)...? It seems quite a different policy comparing to the royal house of Romania, doesn´t it?

Yeah, it is pretty rare for the princes to do appearances.

There have been a few within the last year and a half for each of the princes.

The HRH Hereditary Prince Petar was recently at a lifeline event in Chicago about two weeks ago. He was also at the White Elegance event that all four of the princes do one time each year. I also know, that HRH was with the CP when the floods happened, and went around meeting and assisting the people.

Prince Alexander (youngest son), was at a Beverly Hills event sometime ago at the SLS hotel for a fundraiser the family put on.

Prince Philip was recently at an art auction which was also a fundraiser for the flood victims with the CP in London. Philip also recently ran a marathon for Serbian children to raise money within the last three or so months.

Both the Hereditary Prince and Prince Philip were home for Christmas celebrations. At which time Petar according to the royal website brought his girlfriend.

They all live busy working lives outside of Serbia, and don't seem to get back often. I believe the younger is in Spain, while the Hereditary Prince and Philip are in London.

It would be wonderful to see them more often, but I am sure the fact that the Crown prince/ss do so much, they can step back a bit.

One of the main hurdles is that unlike Romania, most Serbs and the government also, do not care much about Serbian royals, and actually call them foreigners.

My hope is that this changes sooner rather than later.

I didn´t know none of the sons life in Serbia! I think it would be a strong signal if, at least Prince Petar, did!
I was also unaware of the Serb´s ignorance of the royal family! I thought, as was stated, they had one of the greatest chances to be restored?!

I was unaware of the general attitude towards the Serbian Royal Family, too, but I think that can't be said for all of the Serbian people. Whilst I think it's quite an unfair opinion, I can sort of understand why they would think that, as Crown Prince Alexander was born in London, and the family have been exiled from Serbia for a rather long while.

Even with the British Royals, there have been jokes that they're foreigners in their own country as the family are originally German. The 80's show Spitting Image made a lot of fun of Princess Michael because she was originally German/Austrian - in one episode, there is a sketch where HM and Prince Philip's puppet selves are sorting out Christmas cards, and some of the lines are "and what about Princess Michael?" "That's the German section covered", or something like that.

The reason why I thought Serbia might have a good chance of a restoration (I didn't "state" that, it's just my personal opinion) was because Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine seem to do a lot for Serbia and also care about their homeland a lot. I feel that he would make an excellent King - he works harder than some of the reigning royals. :whistling:

November 11: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine gave donations to the victims of the floods in Kladovo:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess donate appliances to flood affected families in Kladovo municipality | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 11: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine participated in the Commonwealth Remembrance Day Ceremony in Belgrade:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend Commonwealth Remembrance Day Ceremony | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 11: Crown Prince Alexander opened the exhibition "Karadjordjevic Dynasty in the Great War" at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, Serbia:

Crown Prince opens exhibition “Karadjordjevic Dynasty in the Great War” | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 13: Crown Princess Katherine was present at the World Child Forum in Dubai, with Queen Silvia of Sweden and Princess Haya of Jordan:

Princess Katherine at Global Child Forum in Dubai by invitation from Queen Silvia of Sweden and Princess Haya of Jordan | The Royal Family of Serbia

Last edited:
It's sad that the family still has to endure the negativity put forth by the communists during the war. I understand that Alexander II is the son of the last Yugoslav king, Peter II, but he and his family should not have to pay for the horrible lies put out about the king.

Peter II was forced to leave his throne, and contrary to popular belief, he did not abandon his people through abdication. Nor, did he do so in general.

I can see how the family has been viewed as foreigners due to their lack of the language, and the fact that they were born and raised outside the country, but, unfortunately for them, they had no choice.

I see the reasoning behind the people being forced to believe these lies as the regime put in, was not pro monarchy (clearly), and wanted to make sure the people hated them in the end.

The princes however, have the better chance to restore the monarchy, as they are more popular (being they are another further generation out). The Hereditary Prince is liked quite a bit, so it will be interesting to see if and when he moves home to Serbia preeminently. I assuming he would like to get more work under his belt so to speak. My guess is that he will relocate when he marries (which would be smart), and his children will be born on Serbian soil. This would better help the families cause. My guess is that the younger twins will do the same.

November 18: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended the twentieth anniversary of the Serbian Society at the House of Lords in London, England. They were the guests of honour:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend 20th Anniversary of Serbian Society in House of Lords London | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 20: Crown Princess Katherine made an interview to the Middle Eastern edition of Hello Magazine:

HELLO! MIDDLE EAST – HRH CROWN PRINCESS KATHERINE OF SERBIA INTERVIEW | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 24: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted a reception for children at the Royal Palace from the flooded areas of Serbia; Tekija, Podvrska and Brza Palanca:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess hosted children from municipality of Kladovo flooded areas at the Royal Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 26: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine delivered humanitarian aid to the Samacian Republic of Srpska, as the area was damaged by the Serbian Floods:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess deliver humanitarian aid to Samac in the Republic of Srpska | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 27: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted the presentation of the Catalogue of the State Art Collection at the Royal Compound in Belgrade, which took place at the White Palace in Serbia:

Crown Prince hosts White Palace State Art Collection Catalogue promotion | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 27: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine delivered humanitarian aid to Obrenovac, another area that was affected by the floods:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess deliver humanitarian aid to citizens of Obrenovac | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 28: Crown Prince Alexander attended the one hundred and thirtieth anniversary of Dr. Ludwik Hirszfeld in Belgrade, as the guest of honour:

Crown Prince attends 130th Anniversary birth of Dr Ludwik Hirszfeld Polish scientist and member of the Serbian Army in the Great War | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 28: Crown Prince Alexander visited the editorial staff of I]Telegraf Internet[/I]:

Crown Prince Alexander visits Telegraf Internet portal editorial staff | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 28: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine received the Golden Charter for Supporting Development of SPA Tourism in Serbia:

Crown Prince receives Golden charter for supporting development of Spa Tourism in Serbia | The Royal Family of Serbia

November 29: The annual assembly of the Kingdom of Serbia Association took place at the White Palace in Serbia. Crown Prince Alexander is patron of the organisation:

Kingdom of Serbia Association’s Annual Assembly held at the White Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 2: Crown Prince Alexander is interviewed by "Danas":

The daily “Danas” – Interview of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 11: Children from international schools in Belgrade attended the annual "Children Helping Children" educational tour at the Royal Palace:

Children from international schools guests at the Royal Palace on the educational tour “Children helping children” | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 12: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine opened the traditional Holiday Season Charity Handicraft at the Hotel Metropol Palace in Belgrade:

Holiday Season Charity handicraft Bazaar Patron HRH Crown Princess Katherine Foundation | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 13: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine celebrated St. Andrew's Day at the Royal Palace in Belgrade. St. Andrew is the patron saint of the Serbian Royal Family:

Crown Prince celebrates Patron Saint Day of St. Andrew the First-Called | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 14: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine paid tribute to the soldiers who fought in the Battle of Kolubara:

Crown Prince pays tribute to memory of Kolubara heroes | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 15: Crown Prince Alexander extended his congratulations to the Jewish Community of Serbia on the occasion of Hanukkah:

Crown Prince Alexander extends congratulations for Hanukkah to the Jewish community | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 15: Crown Prince Alexander hosted a play, entitled "Vuk Karadzic" at the White Palace. The play was organized by the Crown Princess Foundation and the Australian Embassy in Belgrade, and was for orphaned children from the Jovan Ducic Primary School:

Play for orphaned children at the White Palace | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 16: Crown Prince Alexander visited Uzice:

Crown Prince Alexander visits Uzice | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 16: Crown Prince Alexander was given the European Business Angels Investment Forum in Istanbul award for giving the most support to startups and entrepreneurs in South East Europe:

Crown Prince awarded for supporting start-ups and entrepreneurs | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 17: Crown Prince Alexander attended the Little Red Riding Hood performance for children, which was organised by the German Embassy:

Crown Prince attends “Little Red Ridinghood” performance for children organized by German Embassy | The Royal Family of Serbia

December 18: CNN interviewed Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine on their life in exile and their return to their homeland. The interviewers were also given a tour of the Royal Palace in Belgrade. You can watch the interview below:

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

January 24: In connection with the Kingdom of Serbia Association's fifth anniversary, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended a reception at Vlajkoviceva 4:

Kingdom of Serbia Association marks its fifth anniversary | The Royal Family of Serbia

January 22: As per tradition, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine were invited to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess traditionally invited to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington | The Royal Family of Serbia

January 15: Crown Princess Katherine donated valuable aid to the University Children's Hospital in Belgrade, Serbia:

Princess Katherine donates valuable aid to University Children’s Hospital in Belgrade | The Royal Family of Serbia

January 14: Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine visited Topola and Oplenac in Serbia:

Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit Topola and Oplenac today | The Royal Family of Serbia

January 13: Crown Princess Katherine visited the clinical centre of Serbia Gynaecology and Obstetrics:

Princess Katherine visits Clinical Centre of Serbia Gynaecology and Obstetrics | The Royal Family of Serbia

January 8: Crown Prince Alexander congratulated the citizens of the Republic of Srpska in connection with Republic Day:

Crown Prince congratulates Citizens of Republic of Srpska for Republic day | The Royal Family of Serbia

Crown Prince Alexander was recently interviewed by Noblesse & Royautes, where he said that there will be a large celebration for his upcoming seventieth birthday. The event will occur on July 17 and friends and other royal families have been invited (though Crown Prince Alexander has said in the interview that he is unable to officially confirm which royal families will be attending yet). The event will span over three days.

Crown Prince Alexander also mentioned in the interview that he is very close to the Greek Royal Family. Crown Princess Katherine is also friendly with Queen Silvia through the World Childhood Foundation (if I've understood the translation correctly) and Princess Charlene through the Special Olympics.

He also mentions that his son Prince Alexander is now living in Serbia, to which he said "I am very happy that Alexander now lives with us in Belgrade. It is great and it really helps us a lot". Prince Peter and Prince Philip are living in London, according to the interview.

You can read more and see photos here: Entretien avec le prince Alexandre et la princesse Katherine de Serbie : Dans l’intimité des princes

It is nice that least a child of Alexander live in Serbia. Look forward for the celebration.

It is nice that least a child of Alexander live in Serbia. Look forward for the celebration.

I saw somewhere that HRH is dating a Serbian girl, and has opened his own bar. Perhaps there is a wedding down the road for the Prince and his Serbian girl.

So that why prince move to Serbia. And has opened his own bar? I found it a little strange that for royal even is ex.

I didn't realise that Prince Alexander has a girlfriend, it would be nice to see a wedding sometime in the near future. I hope I don't sound nitpicky, but where did you read this?

So that why prince move to Serbia. And has opened his own bar? I found it a little strange that for royal even is ex.

The non-reigning royals have more "freedom" than the reigning royals, so it's not that surprising to me that Prince Alexander would open a bar. Princess Chantal of France's son Baron Axel de Sambucy Sorgue and his wife have also opened up their own business; a tearoom in Morocco.

You have right furthermore i forget that and the royal family of my country thr greek have an actress and so is Italy Clotilde not think so the actor is also? And yes an another royal wedding is always wonderful.

:previous: Yes that's right, Prince Emanuele Filiberto's wife Clotilde is an actress. IIRC she prefers to go by her maiden name, Clotilde Courau, rather than her title because she focuses more on her acting role than her royal one. :flowers:

Crown Prince Alexander 70th Birthday celebrations

Friday 17 July
7:00 pm : Cocktail and dinner

Saturday 18 July
7:00 pm : Coctail
8:00 pm : Gala dinner

Sunday 18 July
11:00 am : Brunch
and members of Royal Families .

Last edited:
I don't know yet but sure balkan royals and Queen Sofia i think. Who else we see.

Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu visit Serbia on 18th and 19th July.
Royal Families of Romania and Serbia meet, alongside other royal representatives of Europe to celebrate Crown Prince Alexander, who turns 70 years old. Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu will participate in two events at the Royal Palace in Belgrade, as well as a cruise on the Danube.
Vizită regală la Belgrad _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom