Crown Prince Alexander II current events: February 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
SerbiaCPAlexanderArms1.jpg

A new thread for the current events of Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine

commencing February 2005

The previous thread can be found here

° ° °

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle said:
Thanks Blueice. I didn't know that Alexander and Charles were friends, or the fact that QE II is his godmother. It's very nice that they publicly announced their congratulations to Charles and Camilla on their impending wedding. Do you think they will attend if they are invited? Did they go to Diana and Charles'?

You're welcome Danielle. :)
Yes, indeed - those are some of less known details from CP Aleksandar's biography. Here is a short quotation:

...On 17 July 1945 while living in Claridge's Hotel Queen Alexandra gave birth to a son - HRH Crown Prince Alexander II of Yugoslavia. As the heir to the throne at that time had to be born on Yugoslav soil the British Government under the orders of the Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill declared suite 212 in Claridge's Hotel Yugoslav territory. His Holiness Patriarch Gavrilo of Serbia baptized the newborn Crown Prince in Westminster Abbey. His godparents were King George VI and the then HRH Princess Elizabeth now HM The Queen Elizabeth II...

...HRH Crown Prince Alexander II was educated at Le Rosey (Switzerland), Culver Military Academy (Indiana, USA), Gordonstoun School (Scotland) and Millfield (England)...

Regarding the Royal couple attending Prince Charles' wedding - I believe there is no doubt about it. As far as I am informed they did attend almost all Royal weddings in the past, the one of Prince Charles and Lady Diana as well. I wish there are much photos available online - nevertheless I'll keep searching and will post them here if my search turns out successfully. :)

THE CONFERENCE GREECE, SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO PARTNERSHIP INITIATIVE CLOSED IN ATHENS WITH GREAT SUCCESS

Athens, 10 February 1005 – The conference “Greece-Serbia and Montenegro Partnership Initiative” ended in Athens today. It was organized by the humanitarian organization Lifeline Hellas under the patronage of HRH Crown Princess Katherine, and with the support of the Greek and Serbian Governments and Institutions, as well as the Chambers of Commerce of both countries.

During the closing day of the conference the following workshops were organized: Legislation, Taxes, Privatization, Direct Investments, Energy and Mining, Banking, Finance and Insurance, Agribusiness, Real Estate, Information Technologies and Telecommunications, Public Works and Constructions, Tourism and Transportation; the business experiences has been exchanged, as well as ideas and expectations of Serbian and Greek side regarding different industries.

During the conference, representatives of the Serbian Government introduced to the potential Greek investors the investment opportunities in Serbia: current regulations, governmental plans, development programs, and the Greek side presented the concrete objectives of Athens in the regional cooperation adjusted to processes and standards of European integration.

A Partnership Agreement between the Chamber of Commerce of Belgrade and Athens Chamber for small and medium-size enterprises was signed at the Athens Hilton today.

Crown Prince Alexander II addressed them:

“I congratulate you from all my heart on this positive step of the two chambers, and it makes me really happy that this takes place here in Athens. We are in need of a successful economy in order to move forward. Without cooperation, there is no future. I must say, you can count on my full support and assistance, and it is crucial to work on this together”.

At the end of the working sessions, HRH Princess Katherine gave the closing remarks:

“Our people for years have been waiting for employment and a better future does not want promises any more. They seek for concrete actions and results. A strong economy is the guarantee for peace and stability. This conference in Athens represents assistance to the Government and the people, as the time has arrived when we have to seek jobs, as much as the international community has to comprehend the knowledge and capabilities for partnership from our people. The only way is to connect the fraternal country Greece with Serbia and Montenegro. The Greek Government has supported us and we have to build a bridge between these two countries. The relationships established in Athens have to continue. We have to use them, as everything is now up to us. Furthermore, I have to say that the presence of Mr. Boris Tadic, President of Serbia contributed to the conference success, as well as the presence of a large number of Ministers from the Serbian Government. I thank the government and all participants of this assembly, I thank the people who have confidence in such initiatives that my husband HRH Crown Prince Alexander II and I take in a good will to help our people, pointed out Princess Katherine in her closing remarks.

The Conference “Partnership Initiative Greece and Serbia and Montenegro” included the exhibition in the Athens Hilton where Serbian companies were represented at stands among which were: the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, “Knjaz Miloš”, “Bambi”, “Next”, “SIEPA”, “Dunav Grocka”, “Trayal”, ’’Privatization Agency”, ’’Stara Sokolova’’ plum brandy, ’’Parking Servis’’, ’’Institute for transportation’’, ’’New Moment’’, ’’TeleGroup’’, ’’SAGA’’, ’’Comtrade’’, ’’Microsoft SCG’’, Chamber of Commerce Vojvodina, City of Niš.

At this conference, the biggest one organized abroad, where the Serbian economy has presented itself the Greek response was remarkable and exceeded all expectations. More than a hundred Greek business people were present at the workshop on the legal frame in Serbia and Montenegro, which is proof of great interest for investments that exists among from the Greeks.

The biggest financial papers in Athens announced today that the Greece would invest in Serbia 1.2 billion euros, which is a great encouragement for our economy and a proof of being a right partner in strong competition in the region.

At the very end of the conference, HE Milan Parivodic, the Minister of International Economic Relations of Serbia, stated that with the help of family friends of HRH Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine conferences like this one might be also organized in Great Britain, as well as in some otherworld centres of economy.

The Humanitarian organisation “Lifeline” and the Foundation of HRH Princess Katherine thank all sponsors and participants of the Conference.

Thank you! I forgot that minor detail (cough cough) about the hotel. Oops! :p I have looked for photos as well, but I haven't had much luck. I too will continue looking, and hopefully one of us will find something. Thanks for the article as well.

Hello all:

A few days a go I found a website with a wedding photo of Crown Prince Alexander and Maria Da Gloria circa 1972. Does anyone happen to have the link? I think it would be a nice addition to this thread.

Thank you and best regards.

Hello Natalija, welcome to TRF! :) I'm afraid I can't help you with that paritcular link - I realize that photo(s) form the wedding exists although a very few of them can be actually found online. I believe there is one of the photos from CP Aleksandar's wedding to Maria Da Gloria on the 2nd or 3rd page of the previous 'Royal families of Yugoslavia' thread, not a very good one unfortunatelly. I'll try to locate the first thread in the 'Archeive' and to place the photo here.

As far as I know there is no photos of CP Aleksandars first marriage on the official web site of the Royal family: www.royalfamily.org . Indeed, it would most certainly make a very nice addition to this thread if we manage to find more of them.

Here they are - the wedding photo of CP Aleksandar and his first wife Princess Maria da Gloria of Oreans-Braganza and the link to the previous thread of Yugoslavian Royalties (with many interesting aricles, historical informations and nice photos):

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1658

Photo: The Wedding of Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia (*1945) and his first wife Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganza (*1946) - divorced, both remarried.

Attachments

• post_21_1070898530.jpg
    post_21_1070898530.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,801
Julia said:
Question: why did Alexander and Maria divorce?

That's a very good question Julia - I guess most of the Royal watchers here in Serbia have been wondering the very same thing. However, there are less than few information available regarding the factual or possible reasons for divorce and I doubt that any official statement was released in respect either. Since CP Aleksandar was still living in London at the time when his first marriage was ended there is no information about this subject in a domestic press' archives or other public sources. I guess the real reasons and their particular nature will remain beyond the public knowledge.

They were, I agree, a very cute and charming couple and having such a lovely family - three adorable boys - together, certainly must of made their decision to put an end to their marriage that lasted 13 years even more difficult. I guess that, unfortunately, even Royal fairytale doesn't always have a happy endings.

Usually, the 13th year is the hardest in a marriage, not that the others aren't tough.

Que Sera Sera

Thank you for the response, Blueice. Quite true that not all royal fairytales have happy endings...

While it is a shame that Aleksandar and Maria divorced it seems (is this correct?) that Princess Katharine has been accepted by her step-sons and that she and the crown prince are very happy.

Also, did Maria move back to Brazil?

Does anyone know if Princess Katarina has any children of her own? Or is this her first marriage?

That you everyone for the information! This thread has taken off. Finally! I read that Maria went to Spain and that the boys often go and visit her and her family. I may be wrong and I will have to double check this.

I found this article with Alexander about his marriage to Maria: http://www.royalfamily.org/press/press-det/stampa-684.htm
Here is an important part.

"What did you know about Mici Lou at that time and did you meet her?
- No comment.

After his father’s death and leaving the army where he had the rank of a captain, Crown Prince Alexander got married to Princess Maria da Gloria from Orleans and Braganza, of the Brazilian Imperial House, in 1972. The wedding took place in Spain, but the newlyweds soon went to live in Brazil.

- We lived in Rio de Janeiro and I worked with an American company in advertising. I also spent sometime time in London and New York. Later on I went into insurance and we moved to Chicago in 1976. Peter was born in Chicago in 1980.

How did you meet your first wife, and what did she do?

- I met Maria da Gloria in 1971 on holiday in Portugal when staying with King Umberto of Italy at his house in Cascais. Maria da Gloria worked in Chicago for fashion then she took art courses. We moved to Virginia in 1981 and Philip and Alexander were born in 1982 there. Our marriage broke up in 1983.

What went wrong in your marriage? The divorce certainly was not an easy decision regarding that you had three young children?

- You are right in saying that the divorce was a tough one for three beautiful children. There are times when things don’t work out and this was one of them. The friendship and relationship between all of us is warm and excellent. Katarina and Maria da Gloria are friends and we see each other occasionally. Katarina had been like true mother to the boys and everyone deeply appreciates her loving care.

At the time when Alexander and Katherine met at a Washington restaurant (“It was love at first sight”), the Crown Prince was friends with all the members of Karadjordjevic family.

- My relationship with all family members was warm and nice when living in exile. Prince Tomislav and Princess Margarita were very good and caring to me as well as Princess Linda. Prince Paul and Princess Olga were always very good to me and I would visit them in Paris and stay with them in their house. I would also see Prince Alexander and Princess Barbara and Princess Elizabeth and we would always be very happy together. I rarely saw Prince Andrew who was living in California, but when I saw him it was very nice. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Natalija said:
Does anyone know if Princess Katarina has any children of her own? Or is this her first marriage?
I'm sure she has kids, because I remember Prince Philip saying he liked visiting them and being an older brother. I am trying to find this article. I'll let you know if I find it.

Ok, I have found it. Phew! :p

http://www.royalfamily.org/press/press-det/politika_eng.htm The first photo with them covered in tinsel is very sweet. :)

"- We were with our mother and stepfather in Spain, in Villa Madriche della Fondesa where my brother and I were baptised - says Philip. Beside our mother and stepfather there were also our grandmother and grandfather on our mother's side and our two half-sisters, and we really had great time. The elder sister is sixteen and her name is Sol, which means Sun, and the younger is fourteen and her name is Luna, which means Moon.

- They are like real sisters to us - continues Alexander. - Unfortunately I can't go there as often as Philip and Peter because I live in America. Although I like to travel and to go different places, I can't make it to be everywhere.

Staying in Spain was a good opportunity for Philip to practise his Spanish, which he is studying:

- Of course, it's the best possible way to learn a language. Since I'm studying Serbian, I shall spend more time here in the future, not only for holidays, but as often as I can. "

Thank you for the info. So, now that we know Princess Dona Maria da Gloria has more children, but does Princess Katarina have any? Or is her marriage to Prince Alexander her first marriage?

Best regards...

Natalija said:
Thank you for the info. So, now that we know Princess Dona Maria da Gloria has more children, but does Princess Katarina have any? Or is her marriage to Prince Alexander her first marriage?

Best regards...

Katherine has children as well. From www.royalfamily.org

"Her Royal Highness was previously married and has two children David and Alison. Alison has four children: Amanda, Stephanie, Nicolas and Michael and they live in Greece."

Often there are photos of Alison posted. She seems to be very close to her mother and is often involved in various 'royal' events.

Great information Danielle! I wonder if Aleksandar and Maria lived in Petropolis (beautiful, beautiful city) or directly in Rio de Janeiro?

So, Crown Prince Aleksandar must speak Spanish, Portugese, Serbian, English and anything else???

Julia said:
Thank you for the response, Blueice. Quite true that not all royal fairytales have happy endings...

While it is a shame that Aleksandar and Maria divorced it seems (is this correct?) that Princess Katharine has been accepted by her step-sons and that she and the crown prince are very happy.

Also, did Maria move back to Brazil?

You are most welcome, Julia. Indeed, you are right - Princess Katarina has been very well accepted by her step-sons and anyone who stood a chance to meet them in person or to spend a few moments in their company was deeply moved by love and happiness they project as a couple and as a family. It is truly difficult to overlook genuine care, love and devotion they seem to cherish. The way it appears to be, Princess Katarina and CP Aleksandar make each other very happy - it is so cute and touching to see loving, gentle glances they exchange as well as simple little gestures. They truly seem to care and complement each other - I belive them to be a soul mates. As most Royals, they are very protocol oriented and obliging, yet, very simple and approachable towards their surroundings and people in general.

What strikes me most about Karadjordjevics is their emotional side, sensitivity that is sometimes difficult to control or hide, regardless protocol. Whilst Princess Katarina has most sincere, sympathetic and warm expression in her big eyes that would 'melt' the 'coldest' hearts (which make it almost impossible for potential donators to refuse any of her pleads regarding charity causes she supports :)), CP Aleksandar is also known for not being ashamed to express his emotions publicly - to shad a tear or to get angry if necessary. They let people see their human, vulnerable side, the fact that they are not perfect, are very down to earth, seem to be genuinely happy as a couple and as a family, and to sincerely care for others.

FASHION SHOW FOR CHARITY AT THE WHITE PALACE

Belgrade, 14 February 2005 – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine, in cooperation with Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic, Deputy Mayor of Belgrade and the Foundation of HRH Princess Katherine organized this evening a Charity Fashion Show at The White Palace.

This Fashion Show presented the newest collection of our famous fashion designer Miss Dragana Ognjenovic, as well as the collection of haute coiture by the fashion house “Egon von Furstenberg”, as an homage to Prince Egon von Furstenberg.

HRH Crown Prince Alexander II expressed his satisfaction that the income from this Fashion Show is assigned for the purchase of vehicles to transport disabled persons.

“Tonight Belgrade is the center of haute coiture, this evening Belgrade is a city, which will show that it has a great heart for all its citizens, and it will make us very proud” – emphasized the Crown Prince.

Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic, the Deputy Major of Belgrade thanked to Their Royal Highnesses for organizing this great humanitarian event and mentioned that there are over 200 000 of fellow-citizens with special needs living in our town.

“They are not looking for our compassion, they are looking for our love and attention” –Mrs. Hrustanovic pointed out.

After the beautiful words of the hosts, HRH Crown Prince Alexander and Mrs. Hrustanovic the show followed of haute couture by Miss Dragana Ognjenovic.

Enzo Merli, the representative of fashion house Prince Egon von Furstenberg, thanked to Crown Prince and Crown Princess for the successful organization of the Fashion Show, and recalled the great fashion designer Prince Egon Von Furstenberg.

Mrs. Vesna Mandic, the representative of the fashion agency “Fabrika” thanked everybody who remembered the great humanist, Prince Egon von Furstenberg, today.

“He was not only a Prince, a representative of the jet-set or a successful fashion designer, he was a Prince in his heart. I thank him for gathering in love these wonderful people on this day. Love is beautiful and love is giving.”

Afterwards the fashion show of Maison Furstenberg the guests enjoyed a reception.

Beside Their Royal Highnesses and Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic and her a husband, others present were Mrs. Tatjana Tadic, the wife of President Tadic, Mr. Enco Merli, the director and owner of the fashion house “Egon von Furstenberg” in Rome, Mr. Bozidar Djelic, Mr. Nenad Canak, Dr Horst Tifentaler, a friend of Their Royal Highnesses and a large number of donators, who helped this humanitarian effort under the auspices of the Foundation of HRH Princess Katherine.

Both fashion shows were organized by the fashion agency “Fabrika”, and the proceeds are intended for the purchase of vehicles to transport of disabled persons.

Fashion Show For Charity At The White Palace

1. HRH Crown Princess Katherine’s son Mr. David Andrews, his fiancee Ms. Angeheliki Margeriti, HRH Crown Princess Alexander II, Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic Belgrade City Major Deputy, HRH Crown Princess Katherine, Mr. Sefik Hrustanovic spouse of Mrs. Hrustanovic together with the citizens to whom the funds of the feshion show are dedicated

2. HRH Crown Prince Alexander II during his opening speech at the beginning of the humanitarian fashion show at The White Palace (I belive CP Aleksandar have lost some weight. It suits him very well.)

3-4. The atmosphere at the humanitarian fashion show at The White Palace

5. HRH Crown Prince Alexander congratulates our famous fashion designer Ms. Dragana Ognjenovic on a successful fashion show

6. The chief organizers of the humanitarian fashion show. From left to right: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, Ms. Dragana Ognjenovic fashion designer, HRH Crown Princess Katherine, Mrs. Tatjana Tadic spouse of H.E. Mr. Boris Tadic President of Republic of Serbia, Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic Belgrade City Major Deputy, Mr. Enzo Merli director and the owner of the fashion company “Ergon Von Furstenbergh” in Rome

7. HRH Crown Prince Alexander and HRH Crown Princess Katherine in conversation with Mrs. Tatjana Tadic spouse of H.E. Mr. Boris Tadic President of Republic of Serbia

Attachments

• revija1.jpg
    revija1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,286
  • revija3.jpg
    revija3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,041
  • revija8.jpg
    revija8.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,329
  • revija4.jpg
    revija4.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • revija6.jpg
    revija6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,096
  • revija10.jpg
    revija10.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,533
  • revija2.jpg
    revija2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,582
OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE OFFICES OF EFG EUROBANK IN BELGRADE
Reception in honour of high delegation of EFG Eurobank at The Royal Palace

Belgrade, 16 February 2005 – The offices of EFG Eurobank in Belgrade were opened today in Belgrade. Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine, as well as a large number of representatives of distinguished Greek companies, were present at this important event.

Mr. Nicolas Nanopoulus, the General Director of EFG Eurobank, addressed everyone present and pointed out the fact that this bank, with its 11 business offices, works with great success in our country.

“Our dealing with Serbian citizens and companies is based upon our wish to offer help in overcoming the difficult period. In relation to this, EFG Eurobank has great plans, among which is annexation of more banks, in order to expand the assortment of offers in dealing with citizenry” - Mr. Nanopoulos pointed out.

The act of cutting the red tape on behalf of the City of Belgrade was performed Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic, the Deputy Mayor of Belgrade and afterwards she said.

“After ten years of isolation, Greek companies were among the first ones who entered with their investments in our country. That is a proof that you trust this country and that you believe in carried out reforms. Your presence here is a proof enough that there is no fear and that there will be more investors in the future. Thank you for believing in Belgrade”.

Afterwards, an official luncheon for all guests followed in Belgrade Hotel Hyatt. Beside Their Royal Highnesses there were present: Mr. Miroljub Labus, Vice-President of Government, HE Prvoslav Davinic, Minister of Defense of Serbia and Montenegro, HE Mladjan Dinkic, Minister of Finance, HE Predrag Bubalo, Minister of Economy, Mrs. Gordana Todic, deputy of Minister of Tourism, Trade and Services, Mr. Vlatko Sekulovic, deputy Minister of International Economic Relations, Mrs. Gordana Lazarevic, assistant of Minister of International Economic Relations, Mr. Dusan Skendzic, Economy advisor of the Prime Minister Dr Vojislav Kostunica, and Mr. Slobodan Milosavljevic, president of Serbian Chamber of Commerce.

In honour of the high delegation of EFG Eurobank, Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine organized a reception at The Royal Palace, where HRH Crown Prince Alexander II wished them warm welcome. Afterwards the guests, accompanied by members of Advisory Bodies of the Crown, Mr. Dragomir Acovic and Dusan Babac, took a tour of the Royal Compound in Dedinje and introduced themselves with its unique historical and cultural values.

www.royalfamily.org

Photos from the event. www.royalfamily.org

Photo 1: From left to right: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, HRH Crown Princess Katherine and Mr. Nicholas Nanopulous CEO of the ERG Eurobank Ergasias at the official opening of the business centre of the EFG Eurobank in Belgrade​

Photo 2: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II addressing to the present at the official opening of the business centre of the EFG Eurobank in Belgrade

Photo 3: TRH Crown Prince and Crown Princess with Mrs. Radmila Hrustanovic Deputy of the City Mayor with the EFG Eurobank Officials at the official opening of the business centre of the EFG Eurobank in Belgrade

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 999
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,096
I found some older photos on Corbis. I hope they haven't been posted.

Photo 1: Alexander Karadjordjevic lights a candle to pay tribute to assassinated Serbian PM Zoran Djindjic (March 2003)
Photos 2 and 3: Crown Prince Alexander returns to Belgrade (2000)
Photos 4-6: The symbolic presenting of the keys of the Palace to Crown Prince Alexander. (2001)

Attachments

• Return3.jpg
    Return3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 452
  • rf3.jpg
    rf3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 314
  • rf2.jpg
    rf2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 491
  • Return2.jpg
    Return2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 433
  • Return1.jpg
    Return1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 470
  • RF.jpg
    RF.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 402
CONCERT IN THE YUGOSLAVIAN DRAMA THEATRE IN HONOUR OF THE DELEGATION OF EFG EUROBANK

Belgrade, 16 February 2005 – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine, and Mr. David Andrews, Princess Katherine’s son, were present this evening at the Yugoslavian Drama Theatre for the concert organized in honour of the official opening of EFG Eurobank in Serbia.

HE Boris Tadic, President of Republic of Serbia addressed all guests and pointed out that cooperation with our Greek friends is very important for our country.

“Such a great number of Greek investors that are here with us today, is the best indicator that our country is very interesting for investments”- President Tadic pointed out and expressed his hope that this kind of cooperation will further develop in the following period to the benefit of both countries.

Afterwards, Mr. Nicolas Nanopoulous, the general Director of EFG Eurobank, pointed out that it is a great honour to have HE Boris Tadic present at this evening’s celebration, despite the numerous obligations that he has.

“The Traditional friendship that binds our two countries resulted in such successful cooperation and it will lead to getting the great buisiness started, not only in the field of economy, but also in all other fields, and it will bring changes for a better future for all of us. I am looking forward to see the day when both of our countries will enjoy the fruits of our joint work” – Mr. Nanopulous pointed out.

Later on, guets enjoyed the performance of the Strings of Saint George, which are under the patronage of HRH Prince Philip, and the performance of the Academic Chorus “Collegium Musicum”, under the baton of Prof. Darinka Matic-Marovic and assistant maestro Dragan Jovanovic.

At this important event, beside Their Royal Highnesses and HE Boris Tadic, President of Republic of Serbia, present were HE Predrag Bubalo, Minister of the Economy who was this representing of Dr. Vojislav Kostunica, Prime Minister of the Serbian Government, HE Radovan Jelasic, Governor of National Bank of Serbia, Mr. Bozidar Djelic, Mr. Zoran Drakulic, as well as a large number of eminent business people from Greece.

This was the end of the successful working visit of high delegation of EFG Eurobank to Belgrade.

www.royalfamily.org

Some photos from the event.​

Photo 1: Academic choir “Collegium musicum” with the conductor Prof. Darinka Matic Marovic during their performanse in Yugoslav Drama Theatre in the occasion of the celebration of the first year of successfully work of EFG Eurobank in Belgrade
Photo 2: St. Geogre String, whos patron is HRH Prince Philip, during their performanse in Yugoslav Drama Theatre in the occasion of the celebration of the first year of successfully work of EFG Eurobank in Belgrade
Photo 3: Mr. Nicholas Nanopulous CEO EFG Eurobank addressing to the present

Photo 4: From left to right : HRH Crown Princess Katherine, Mr. Evangelos Chronis General Manager Latsis Group of Comanies, HE Boris Tadic President of Serbia, Mr. Nicholas Nanopulous CEO EFG Eurobank, HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, Mr. David Watson Director to the International Division EFG Eurobank Ergasias, and Mr. Radovan Jelasic Governer of National Bank of Serbia at the celebration in Yugoslav Drama Theatre
Photo 5: From left to right: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, Mr. Evangelos Chronis General Manager Latsis Group of Comanies and Mr. Radovan Jelasic Governer of National Bank of Serbia at the reception at the Yugoslav Drama Theatre in the occasion of the one year of successful work of EFG Eurobank in Belgrade

www.royalfamily.org

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 982
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,100
RECEPTION IN HONOUR OF THE XXVII INTERNATIONAL TOURISM FAIR

Belgrade, 22 February 2005 – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine held a reception this evening at The White Palace to launch the XXVII International Tourism Fair that will take place 13 - 16 April at the Belgrade Fair.

Crown Prince Alexander II greeted the guests and emphasized that our country is rich in natural beauty, which should by all means be introduced to foreign tourists.

“Thanks to the Belgrade Fair that organizes the international tourism fair every year, and this year as well, over thirty countries will present their tourism to the public. It will be a clear invitation to visit other countries, but also a call for us to be hosts to foreign tourists. When traveling to different countries, we discover similarities, differences and beauty. New discoveries are enriching us. Our country is a proud country that is traditionally a good host. Our hearts are always open for all well-intentioned people. The twenty seventh International Tourism Fair will be an ideal opportunity for exchange of experiences and improvement of cooperation in the field of tourism, which is an important part of the economy”- the Crown Prince pointed out in his address, and expressed his joy that The Royal Compound, after many years of isolation, became part of our country’s tourist plan and its capital.

HE Prof. Dr. Bojan Dimitrijevic, Minister of Tourism and Services, who is the President of the Organizing Board of XXVII International Tourism Fair thanked Their Royal Highnesses for their great support to the affirmation of the tourist offer of our country. The Minister pointed out that the International Tourism Fair is the most important event of this kind in our country. According to his words, there are more and more participating countries every year, which is proof of the great interest for all forms of cooperation and establishment of new business links.

At the reception, beside Their Royal Highnesses and HE Prof.dr Bojan Dimitrijevic, Minister of Tourism and Services, present were representatives of diplomatic corps, editors in chief and representatives of the media, Tourist Organization of Serbia, eminent domestic and foreign tourist agencies and a large number of the media that follow this branch of economy.

Participation at this year’s XXVII International Tourism Fair has been confirmed by over 50 countries up to now. This will be an exceptional opportunity for our public to be introduced to a wide range of tourist offers from the participating countries as well as from our country.

www.royalfamily.org

Photo 1: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II and HRH Crown Princess Katherine at the reception in the occasion of the XXVII International Tourism Fair

Photo 2: HE Prof. dr Bojan Dimitrijevic Minister of Trade and Tourism, HRH Crown Princess Katherine and HRH Crown Prince Alexander II at the reception in the occasion of the XXVII International Tourism Fair

Photo 3: From left to right: HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, Mr. Bojan Jelovic President of the Executive Board of the Belgrade Fair and HE Prof. dr Bojan Dimitrijevic Minister of Trade and Tourism at the reception at The White Palace

Photo 4: From left to right: Mr. Abdoulaye Balde Charge d'Affairs a.i. of the Embassy of Guinea and Mrs. Balde with the HRH Crown Prince Alexander II at the reception at The White Palace in the occasion of the XXVII International Tourism Fair

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 997
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 983
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 960
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,022
ITALIAN MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRES IN BELGRADE
Belgrade, 23 February 2005 – HRH Crown Prince Alexander II attended this evening the lecture “Italy – Serbia and Montenegro – Europe” held at the Kolarac Foundation.

The present were addressed and warmly welcomed by HE Antonio Zanardi Landi, Ambassador of the Republic of Italy in Belgrade. Afterwards, HE Vuk Draskovic, Minister of Foreign Affairs addressed the present recalling the historical links between our country and Italy, and added:

“At the height of our sovereignty we carried the Byzantine flag. Today, you, Mr. Gianfranco are situated on the bridge, because Serbia and Montenegro is the bridge between Europe and Asia, Adriatic Sea and Danube, and Balkans and Russia. Versatile cooperation is mutual need. Thank you Italian people for efforts you put into defending the Serbian people on Kosovo and Metohia, preserving the residence of the Patriarch in Pec and the Monastery Decane. It is the defense of Christianity, and Europe is based on it. Welcome among your friends.”

HE Gianfranco Fini, Vice-President of the Government and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy, pointed out in his address that he is very happy to have the opportunity to address such an esteemed assembly made of representatives of the Government, Commerce and Industry, and all other important components of society. He recalled the great historical and geographical connection of our two countries and expressed the wish of the Italian Government to help in deepening the traditionally good relations that contribute in large to the stability in this part of Europe. Cooperation on all levels, which is based on joint initiative, according to the words of HE Gianfranco Fini, will lead us towards strengthening the economies of both countries and their quicker and more successful development.

“We must not forget the cooperation on the level of education. We have at our disposal the information that a large number of pupils and students from Serbia and Montenegro reside in Italy during their studies. Different forms of cooperation create a constant balance and make the overcoming of difficulties easier, in creating the necessary stability in this part of Europe” – emphasized HE Gianfranco Fini.

Later on during his speech, HE Djanfranco Fini presented a vision of Europe, which represents a community in which all people live in dignified conditions, regardless of their religious, political and national orientation.

“Europe is an idea, Europe is a place which will gather all people who defend their tradition, and in Europe there is no place for those who wish to disunite it”- pointed out HE Gianfranco Fini.

After his closing words, HE Gianfranco Fini answered questions raised by those present.

Beside His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander II and HE Antonio Zanardi Landi, Ambassador of the Republic of Italy in Belgrade, the lecture was attended by HE Vuk Draskovic, Minister of Foreign Affairs, HE Prvoslav Davinic, Minister of Defense, HE Zoran Stojkovic, Minister of Justice, HE Predrag Bubalo, Minister of Economy, HE Radomir Naumov, Minister of Mining and Energy, Mr. Vladimir Bozovic, assistant of Minister of Police Dragan Jocic, Mr. Nikola Hajdin, President of Serbian Academy of Science and Arts, HE Archbishop Antonio Sbarbaro, Apostolic Nuncio, representative of the Holy See, representatives of the diplomatic corps, rectors of the University of Belgrade, and a large number of students.

Captions:

1. HE Mr. Gianfranco Fini Prime minister of the Italian Government and Minister of the Foreign Affaires addressing to the present
2. HRH Crown Prince Alexander II and HE Mr. Gianfranco Fini Prime minister of the Italian Government and Minister of the Foreign Affaires during the conversation at the Kolarac Endowment

Attachments

• IMG_1807-w.jpg
    IMG_1807-w.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_1833-w.jpg
    IMG_1833-w.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,093
Back
Top Bottom