Crown Prince Alexander II current events: February 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From royalblog.nl:

Serbian royals celebrate with Belgrade U.

Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine hosted a reception Friday at the Royal Palace for the 200th anniversary of the University of Belgrade and higher education in Serbia. With that the Prince continued a family tradition.
It was during the time of 'Supreme Leader' Karadjordje the Great School was founded in 1808, which is considered to be the predecessor of the Belgrade University. These days Alexander’s contribution to education is manifested by the Foundation of Crown Prince Alexander for Education which is dedicated to the advancement of education in Serbia.

Read the entire article here.

Again from royalblog.nl:

CP Alexander urges Serbs to live healthier

Serbian Crown Prince Alexander II urged his countrymen to live healthier lives in a speech delivered at the "The Walk of Health", was organized by "Serbian Heart Foundation" for World Heart Day.

"My wife and I are actively supporting many projects whose aim is to increase awareness of our people about health. In order for our nation to be healthier; our heart to be healthier, we all must do more on promoting a healthy way of living", Alexander said.

And again from royalblog.nl:

Serbia's Princess Katherine in a pink glow

Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia visited Bucharest on Wednesday, to attend the 8th edition of ‘Pink Illumination’ - when Bucharest’s Arcul de Triumf ("Triumpf Arch") was illuminated in aid of the fight against breast cancer. Other monuments across the globe were illuminated as well.

And again from royalblog.nl:

CP Alexander gives Novi Sad career centre

Serbian Crown Prince Alexander on Friday opened a new Centre for Career Development at the University of Novi Sad. The centre is meant to link students and recent graduates in Serbia with the business community, and help them with the intricacies of the application process.
Centres are open to all students in order to help them to develop practical skills such as interviewing and writing resumes, and get work experience during their studies. Not only do they help students about the business community, they also assist them to think proactively about opportunities.

Belgrade, 13 December 2007 – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine celebrated today The Royal Family’s Patron Saint Day – Saint Andrew the First Called in their home in Belgrade with the presence of HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, HRH Prince Nikolas (son of HRH Prince Tomislav), HRH Prince Vladimir (son of HRH Prince Andrej) and his wife HRH Princess Brigitte, HRH Princess Lavinia (daughter if HRH Prince Andrej), her husband Mr. Austin Prichard and their son Lucas, and Their Highnesses Prince Carl Emich and Princess Isabelle of Leiningen.

In the morning, with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Pavle of Serbia, the Divine Liturgy was served in The Royal Chapel of Saint Andrew the First Called by His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and Littoral, His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno and His Grace Bishop Jovan of Sumadija together with the clergy of the Serbian Orthodox Church. The ceremony of cutting of the Slava cake followed in the Blue Room of The Royal Palace.

I own the copyright. The photographs are my own work.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 470
The Serbian RF released two pictures of prince Alexander and Prince Philip of Yugoslavia/Serbia on the occassion of their 27th birthday.

The website of monarchen.nl has them, accompanied with the uplifting message that both princes are still single ;): Nieuwe foto’s Philip en Alexander van Joegoslavië | Monarchen.nl - de Europese vorstenhuizen

Photo's also visible on the website of the Serbian RF: http://www.royalfamily.org/events/2009/januar/14/photo_story.htm

-
The press release:

, 14 January 2009 – Prince Philip and Prince Alexander celebrate their 27th birthday Thursday, 15 January 2009.
The Princes will celebrate their 27th birthday in the company of their closes friends.
Prince Philip completing a management and administration degree in Switzerland and Prince Alexander is working as International Correspondent Coordinator for a very famous magazine in the United States.
Their Royal Highnesses warmly thank everyone for the nice birthday wishes.

In the mean time their father continues his duties:

CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER CONGRATULATES GREEK AMBASSADOR IN SERBIA
Belgrade, 15 January 2009 – HRH Crown Prince Alexander II attended today an awarding ceremony in the Serbian Orthodox Patriarchy and extended his congratulations to HE Mr. Christos Panagopoulos, Ambassador of Greece to Serbia, for for receiving the Serbian Orthodox Church Order of Saint Sava First Degree, the highest award of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

Read more here: The Royal Family of Serbia

:serbiastandard:
HRH Crown Prince Alexander celebrates his 64th birthday tomorrow july 17th.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander celebrated his birthdayprivately at The Royal Palace in the presence of his family.
With his sons Philph and Alexander (the 2nd and the 3rd), but the 1st son, prince Peter wasn't there....
Also, there were present the members of the King's Youth... 10 of them...

The RF doesn't have so much money, and so they decided to celebrate just ex. 60th, 65th and ctr. birthdays.

The 60th birthday of HRS the Crown Prince, was one of the bigest spectacls, wich Belgrade ever so! You can see the pic. on the site.....

pardon *HRH
pardon (again), *saw

Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia hosted an auction in aid of breast cancer prevention at the White Palace in Belgrade, 29 September 2009. Princess Ira von Fürstenberg attended the event as special guest of Their Royal Highnesses.

For more information, read this blog entry.
For pictures from the event, click here.

Welcome to the Forum, Mesmer, and thank you for posting that absolutely brilliant picture. :flowers:
I simply LOVE it. :D
When was the picture taken?

And speaking of the Serbian Royal Family; yesterday was the 75th Anniversary of assassination of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia.
You can read about commemorative events that were held in Serbia and France in this blog entry.

Crown Prince Alexander and Princess of Yugoslavia attend private
view and dinner for the Kandinsky Prize at the Louise Blouin
Foundation on October 16, 2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Royal Family of Yugoslavia (Serbia) 3: Oct 2009-

According to royalblog.nl, crown prince Alexander had an interview with 'Blic Plus'. In the interview he says that it pains him that the Netherlands is the only country that is blocking Serbia's entry to the European Union. The reason why the Dutch are blocking this is because they think that Serbia is not cooperating with the search of general Mladic, so he can be extradited & trialed by the Yugoslavia tribunal in the Hague.

The crown prince says that in his own way he tries to move other countries to put pressure on the Dutch to change their opinion.

:previous:

Crown Prince Alexander has indeed talked about Serbia's EU membership. Here is his exact quote:

- I think that Serbia will make a few steps further by the end of the year; we are all doing our best. I am sorry that only one country is holding us back, Holland. It is a pity to prevent so many people to be members of the European Union. That hurts me. I am trying in my own way to convince other foreign countries to put pressure on Holland to change its mind. Other countries in the region must also enter the European Union that is how we will be strong again. If the whole region is stable, chances for better quality of life are greater. We must all be in the first class, as we are part of Europe.

And this is another extract from the same article: the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess has some really lovely things to say about each other, and it seemed spontaneous too.

- I am very proud of my husband and everyday I see how the Karadjordjevic dynasty was important for this country, how much they have done for it. My husband not only carries his grandfather’s name, but resembles him in many ways, especially in regard to Serbia and Serbian people. He is happiest when he sees progress in the country and lives for the day when Serbia will become a member of the European Union, being proud that Serbia is working very hard towards it and daily looking for solutions to help speed up the process. He is always wondering what more can we do for the country, and motivates me to work harder. He is so persistent that I need to excel next to him. Constantly talking and dreaming of better life, better Serbia, I honestly believe that he is a true gift for this country.

- Now you have touched me! Thank you – said the Crown Prince with unhidden emotions and gave his wife a hug.

- She also does many wonderful things for people.

- You gave me a chance to do it. People sometimes ask me what the most distinguished characteristics that my husband has are. You know that a monarchy is not what it used to be. It is not enough that he is King Peter’s son, but it is also important what he is like in private, and what he can contribute to his people. Alexander is just, respectful to all, has energy that brings people closer together, and always sees the good in people. Beside that, he has big credibility and integrity worldwide. I think that people are not aware how many contacts he has, among State Governments, State Presidents, Prime Ministers, and Kings! When we celebrated his 50th birthday, a wonderful ceremony at “Claridge’s” hotel in London, where he was also born, 400 invitees came to the party, out of which 100 from Royal families. All Kings and Queens in the world have come to my husband’s birthday, including Queen Elizabeth II, his Godmother. When Alexander was born, she was a Princess, and her father King George, was King Peter’s godfather. American Senators, as well as Presidents of major world corporations were also present. I believe that says enough about my husband’s reputation in the world.

It has been a long time (perhaps never) since we have heard such beautiful words spoken of one woman’s husband, even though she is a princess! Even the Prince agreed with us and spontaneously returned the compliments.

- Believe me, she is unbelievable. She is always focused, reminds me of things I need to do, she handles everything. I often tell her to slow down, rest, as she tends to wake up in the middle of the night to send someone an e-mail, make a phone call.

Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia smiles as he arrives to speak
at a forum entitled "Achieving the Grand Vision: Southeastern
Europe in the European Union." at the Woodrow Wilson Center
in Washington on February 2, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

HRH Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, HRH Crown Prince
Alexander II of Serbia (pic 1) and Prince Dimitri of Serbia
(pic 3) attend the 2010 Princes Ball Mardi Gras Masquerade
Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 5, 2010 in New York
City. Pic 2 shows CP Alexander with all his sons, but it's hard
to say who's who ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Who is with Dimitri? "Maxima-esque"!

Prince Dmitri, who can be seen is the last picture, is the son of prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and princess Maria Pia of Italy. His paternal grandmother is Olga of Greece & Denmark, sister of Marina, Duchess of Kent.

----------------

Noblesse & Royautes has an entry about priness Katherine distributing candy at a school in Belgrade. Sche visited the Lipa kindergarten, a school for children with mental development problems. She handed it out on 'Lazarus saturday', which nis celebrated in the Orthodox church.

Katherine de Serbie distribue des friandises aux enfants d’une école de Belgrade | Noblesse & Royautés

The birthday of Ira von Fuerstenberg was celebrated at the royal palace in Belgrade. Host was crown prince Alexander of Yugoslavia. Other guests: Pierre d'Aremberg, Beatrice von Hardenberg, prince Amyn Aga Kahn, Sebastian, Virginia, Hubertus and Elizabeth of Fuerstenberg, Laure de Beauveau-Craon and Gunilla von Bismarck.

Source: Noblesse & Royautes

Link with some pictures: http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=31112

Prince Alexander and Princess Barbara of Yugoslavia attend the
opening of the new Cartier Flagship Store on May 22, 2010 in
Saint Petersburg, Russia.

-----> Pic

After reading this thread I've noticed on several occasions the king and queen of Sweden have been guests of CP Alexander. It surprised me that they were close. Does anyone know the basis for it?

Back
Top Bottom