Crown Prince Alexander II current events: February 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“PANCIC” SPRUCE AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT TO THE CROWN PRINCE

Belgrade, 17 July 2005 – On the occasion of the 60th birthday of HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, the employees of The Royal Palace and the Foundation of HRH Crown Princess Katherine had a surprise for The Crown Prince in front of The Royal Palace.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1238.htm

I personally think that is a wonderful gift to give someone. Every day you can be reminded of it, and generations to come will be able to see it too. It's also good for the environment. :)

Thank you for the photos, Grand Duchess and Danielle. It looks like everybody had a lovely time, and I agree that a tree is a nice gift for somebody!

just starting to type here

I like the photos I see, thanks. I don't know anything about this royal family:) but just a little. I guess this family is private about their personal lives too like other families are in around the world. :D

delineate said:
Thank you for the photos, Grand Duchess and Danielle. It looks like everybody had a lovely time, and I agree that a tree is a nice gift for somebody!
You're welcome!

la francaise said:
I like the photos I see, thanks. I don't know anything about this royal family:) but just a little. I guess this family is private about their personal lives too like other families are in around the world.
This is the second thread dedicated to this Royal Family. The first thread, found here, has a little more information on the members of the Family and other events they've attended etc.

Are Princes Peter, Philip, and Alexander still in school, or have they graduated already? Any news about what they've been up to lately?

delineate said:
Are Princes Peter, Philip, and Alexander still in school, or have they graduated already? Any news about what they've been up to lately?
  • Prince Alexander graduated from San Francisco University last year with a degree in Communications last year. Apparently he's working in the PR field.
  • Prince Peter works in a graphic design firm in London.
  • Prince Philip - I'm not sure what he's doing now. He was doing something in the UK but I don't know if he's still there.
Other than that, there's nothing new (that I can find) on the Princes.

THANKSGIVING AT THE ROYAL CHAPEL OF ST. ANDREW THE FIRST CALLED

Belgrade, 17July 2005 - On the occasion of HRH Crown Prince Alexander’s birthday, a morning liturgy and thanksgiving at The Royal Chapel of Saint Andrew The First Called was celebrated by His Most Eminent Grace Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro with clergy from Western Europe diocese and Master of Saint Archangel Gavril Church at Dedinje.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1237.htm

Thanksgiving service at the Royal Chapel was attended by the esteemed guests of Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine

From left to right: His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander II, Their Majesties King Karl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden, Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Katherine

His Most Eminent Grace Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro during the thanksgiving

His Most Eminent Grace Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and HRH Crown Prince
Alexander II

His Most Eminent Grace Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro with HRH Crown Princess Katherine

HRH CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER AND PRINCESS KATHERINE ATTENDED MILITARY CEREMONY IN FEDERAL PARLIAMENT

Belgrade, July 22, 2005 - HRH Crown Prince Alexander and Princess Katherine attended today military ceremony on the occasion of the completion of the advanced training of the 48th class from the National Defense School.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1242.htm

The Grandmother of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Peter, Prince Philip and Prince Alexander dies in Spain

Belgrade 10 August 2005. Her Imperial and Royal Highness Dona Esperanza of Orleans and Bragança passed away Sunday 7 August in Villamanrique de la Condesa near Sevilla, Spain. Dona Esperanza (1914 – 2005) was the grandmother of Prince Peter, Prince Philip and Prince Alexander.

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander, Crown Princess Katherine, Prince Peter, Prince Philip and Prince Alexander will attend the funeral Thursday 11 August in Sevilla.

Dona Esperanza was married to His Imperial Highness Dom Pedro Gastao of Brazil and she was the sister of King Juan Carlos of Spain’s late mother the Countess of Barcelona. Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophie will also attend the funeral.

http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1243.htm

Nice to see what a decent man the crownprince is! Does anybody know if he is on good terms with his ex-wife, the present duchess of Segoiva (?) . Her husband is only the 3rd son of the Duke of Medina, right? So why did he get a dukedom and is it hereditairy?

delineate said:
The Grandmother of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Peter, Prince Philip and Prince Alexander dies in Spain
Oh that's sad. It's really nice that they're all going over there. Most ex-husbands probably wouldn't do that.
Marengo said:
Nice to see what a decent man the crownprince is! Does anybody know if he is on good terms with his ex-wife, the present duchess of Segoiva (?) . Her husband is only the 3rd son of the Duke of Medina, right? So why did he get a dukedom and is it hereditairy?
That's a good question. I'm not too sure. CP Alexander has never really said anything to suggest they're not on amicable terms, but I might be wrong. They're a fairly private family so I guess we can't really know for certain.

Grandees

Marengo said:
Many Spanish Grandees are multi-titled; it is traditional to "spin some off" to the sons, and sometimes daughters; some of the titles become hereditary and some are life-time only. If you think the British nobility is complex, have a look at the different grades and titles of the Grandees!

Jubilee Karadjordjevic

Last July heir to the Serbian throne made a big reception in his Belgrade's Palace. There were 800 guests. Among them king and queen of Sweden, Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, princess Chantale of France with her husband, prince and peinces of Liechtenstein. It was faboulous.

Attachments

• Chantal.jpg
    Chantal.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 683
  • Dom Duarte.jpg
    Dom Duarte.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 698
  • Henri.jpg
    Henri.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 684
  • Royals.jpg
    Royals.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 703
Serbia royal dinasty

ALEXANDER, CROWN PRINCE OF YUGOSLAVIA, b at London 17 Jul 1945, Holder of Royal Order of Saint Prince Lazarus, Grand Master Orders of Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, the Yugoslavian Crown, and Saint Sava, Kt of Saint Januarius, Gd Cross Orders of Immaculate Conception of Villa Viçosa, Saints Maurice and Lazarus, Pedro I and the Rose of Brazil, Bailiff Gd Cross Hon & Dev and Gd Cross of Merito Melitense of Sov Mil Order of Malta, Bailiff Gd Cross Constantinian Order of St George, has received also 1st class Order of Saint Sava of the Serbian Orthodox Church, etc, Capt British Army (ret), succ his father Peter II, King of Yugoslavia (b 6 Sep 1923; d 3 Nov 1970) and Princess Alexandra of Greece and Denmark (b 25 March 1921; m 20 March 1944; d 30 Jan 1993); m 1stly at Villamanrique de la Condesa, Prov Sevilla, Spain 1 Jul 1972 (m diss by div at Virginia, USA 19 Feb 1985), Princess Maria da Gloria (b at Petrópolis, Brazil 13 Dec 1946; m 2ndly at Seville 24 Oct 1985, Don Ignacio de Medina y Fernández de Córdoba, Duque de Segorbe, Conde de Moriana del Río, Grandee of Spain), dau of Dom Pedro Gastão, Prince of Orléans and Bragança and Princess Maria de la Esperanza of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. He m 2ndly at London 20 Sep (civ) and 21 Sep (relig) 1985, Katherine Clairy (b at Athens 13 Nov 1943; m 1stly at Athens 25 Nov 1962, Jack W Andrews; that m diss by div at Washington, DC 7 Apr 1984), dau of Robert Batis and Anna Dosti, and has issue by his first wife,
(The Royal Palace, Belgrade, Serbia; 36 Dover Street, London, W1S 4NL).

Sons
1. Prince-Heir (Princ-Naslednik) Peter of Yugoslavia, b at Chicago, Illinois, 5 Feb 1980, Kt Order of Saint Prince Lazarus, Gd Cross Orders of Star of Karageorge, the White Eagle, the Yugoslavian Crown, and Saint Sava.
(36 Park Lane, London, W1Y 3LE)

2. Prince Philip, b at Falls Church, Virginia, 15 Jan 1982, Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge.

3. Prince Alexander, b at Falls Church, Virginia, 15 Jan 1982 (twin with Prince Philip), Gd Cross Order of Star of Karageorge.

Jubilee

Sory, I am new on Forum and I now discovered all your posts. It is wonderfull. Here, I send you the photos I did on jubilee. Bad technically but I am not expert.
Personally, I prefered Grand Duke od Luxemburg, real blue blood, polite, open, saw plenty of Belgrade while staying, bought big pull from ethno village Sirogojno in Serbia.

Attachments

• Svedki kralj sedi sam.jpga.jpg
    Svedki kralj sedi sam.jpga.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 454
Jubilee 2

They told me that Emee (I don't know her name) is one of the richest women in the world and I know for sure that she is now 100! She is from Brasil. I got impression that she didn't know where she was, she is really too old, but verry beautifull. I try to send the picture but somthing is wrong.
Anyway, there where plenty of rich people, bankers and bussinessmen...
On this picture you can see Katarina Karadjordjevic, daug. of late princ Tomislav.

Attachments

• Lj8iljana Karadjordjevic i Svedjani.jpga.jpg
    Lj8iljana Karadjordjevic i Svedjani.jpga.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 627
filipastarck said:
Sory, I am new on Forum and I now discovered all your posts. It is wonderfull. Here, I send you the photos I did on jubilee. Bad technically but I am not expert.
Personally, I prefered Grand Duke od Luxemburg, real blue blood, polite, open, saw plenty of Belgrade while staying, bought big pull from ethno village Sirogojno in Serbia.
Hello filipastarck, and welcome to the Forum. :) Do you mean that you were actually at CP Alexander's birthday celebrations and took those photos? If you were, that's very exciting! Thank you very much for posting them.

RECEPTION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS YEAR’S “MOBA 2005” IN THE ROYAL PALACE

Belgrade, August 18, 2005. – HRH Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine held a reception today in the Royal Palace at Dedinje for the organizers and participants of this year’s “Moba 2005”.

The reception was also attended by His Grace Bishop of Šabac and Valjevo Lavrentije, Mr. Kosta Pavlović - representative of “Moba” manifestation and a member of the organization committee, academician Matija Bećković, professor Dragoljub Kavran and Mr. Dušan Babac – members of the Crown Council.

The rest of the article: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1245.htm

Photos (all from www.royalfamily.org):

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine with His Grace Bishop Lavrentije of Šabac and Valjevo, academician Matija Beckovic and Prof Dr Dragoljub Kavran, members of the Advisory Bodies of The Crown, and members and organizers of manifestation Moba 2005 on the stairs of The Royal Palace

HRH Crown Prince Alexander II with His Grace Archbishop of Šabac and Valjevo Lavrentije at the reception in the Blue Drawing Room of The Royal Palace

I think the foundation sounds like a wonderful idea. From the sounds of it (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), it is a foundation that aims at raising awareness about Serbia and 'uniting' the youth from various nations around the world. An excellent idea indeed!

THE RACE OF THE YEAR "THE MEMORIAL OF KING ALEXANDER I"

Belgrade, 22 August 2005. – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine attended yesterday the “Memorial of King Alexander I”, the race of the year at the Belgrade racecourse.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1246.htm

Photos (from www.royalfamily.org):

Arrival of Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine at the Belgrade Racecourse

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=race22ra.jpg

HRH Crown Prince Alexander II with the winning team of the horse Ce Gile

Birthday

Yes, Danielle, I was on CP Aleksandar birthday. It was fantastic!
You said that you belong to old serbian family. Which one? Can you tell me?

Wow, you're very lucky.

No, I'm sorry. I don't belong to an old Serbian family. I'm not sure where I said that. I wish I did though. :)

CONGRATULATIONS OF HRH CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER II ON THE 200TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SERBIAN GOVERNMENT

Belgrade, 26 August 2005 – His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander II extended his congratulations to Dr Boris Tadic, President of the Republic of Serbia, Dr Vojislav Kostunica, President of the Government of Serbia, and Mr. Predrag Markovic, President of the National Assembly, on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the establishment of “Praviteljstvujesci sovijet srpski”, the first government of the renewed Serbian State.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1250.htm

STATEMENT OF THE CHANCELLARY OF HRH CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER II

Belgrade, 30 August 2005 – The text published in the daily “Glas Javnosti” on 27 August, 2005 brings out one of the numerous sensationalistic stories of the reputed treasury that King Peter II intended to carry out, or had carried out of the country in April 1941. As well as its other versions, this story is not based on the facts, nor on documentation, but on the very unreliable statements of individuals that were not even directly involved in the story they tell.

More: http://www.royalfamily.org/statements/state-det/state-1254.htm

I found some more information about Their Royal Highnesses visit to Australia via the SBS Serbia webpage: http://www9.sbs.com.au/radio/language.php?news=communityyouth&language=Serbian If you click on the links, you can hear the radio broadcasts about it, but it's all in Serbian.

Crown Prince Alexander II in Australia: 15.11.2005
Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine arrived in Australia on 9th of November for a 6-day visit upon invitation of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Australia and His Grace Milutin, Bishop of Australia and New Zeeland. It is very important that our people here act as ambassadors to our country. It is very important to create a bridge between our country and Australia and to invite Australians to Serbia to invest,’’ Crown Prince Alexander II told at a news conference upon arriving in Melbourne.
Play MP3 | Play Real
spacer.gif

Their Royal Highnesses in Sydney: 15.11.2005
On the third day of their first official visit to Australia, The Royal couple accompanied by His Excellency Milivoje Glisic, Serbia and Montenegro’s Ambassador to Australia and New Zealand had talks with Her Excellency Professor Marie Bashir, the NSW Governor, and her husband Sir Nicholas Shehadie at the NSW Government House. Their Royal Highnesses and HE Ambassador Glisic then joined HE Marie Bashir in attending the Remembrance Day Commemoration. Later in the day, The Royal Couple visited the Greek Orthodox Church St. Spyridon College where they discussed with their hosts the possibility of having a sister school in Serbia to this college attended also by the Australian Serb children. The Royal Couple then visited the Sydney Children Hospital Oncology Ward and also St. Lazarus Orthodox Church where they met with representatives of the Serbian Church and Social organisations. Amongst the guests there were HE Ambassador Glisic and Mr. Phillip Benwell, the Chairman of the Australian Monarchist League.
Play MP3 | Play Real 2:53
spacer.gif

Their Royal Highnesses in Canberra: 15.11.2005
Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine met with diplomats accredited in Canberra as well as some high ranking Australian officials and the Serbian community and the Serbian Orthodox clergy. At the Australian parliament, Crown Prince Alexander and his hosts, Hon Phillip Ruddock MP, Attorney-General and Mr. John Cobb, Minister for Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs, exchanged views on the political situation in general and in the Balkans and on the position and the role of the Australian Serbs in their new homeland. In more details from His Excellency Milivoje Glisic, Serbia and Montenegro’s Ambassador to Australia.
Play MP3 | Play Real 2:34
spacer.gif

Interview:Crown Prince Alexander II : 15.11.2005
His Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II has given an exclusive interview to SBS RADIO. Ljiljana Novković held an interview.
Play MP3 | Play Real 11:03

spacer.gif
Crown Prince Alexander II in Australia: 15.11.2005
The guests at a charity dinner at the Serbian Orthodox St. Steven Church in Keysborough, Melbourne, included Mr. Richard Wynne, representing Steve Bracks, the Premier of Victoria, Councillor Maria Sampey, the Mayor of the City of Greater Dandengdon, and the representatives of the Monarchist League of Australia. Bishop Milutin and Ambassador Glisic expressed their gratitude to Their Royal Highnesses for coming to Australia with a clear pledge for unity and solidarity. Mr. Wynne praised the Serb community on the continent for adjusting to their new home while still respecting all their national and traditional values. Crown Prince Alexander expressed gratitude to Australia for being a good new home to many Serbs and called upon them to be good Australians as well.
Play MP3 | Play Real 11:11

Danielle said:
Some photos of CP Alexander and CP Katherine at the Christening of Odysseas Kimon (thanks to mandyy and Larzen). There should be a news article of some description when they update their official site within the next few days.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160544
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160572
I found one more photos from GettyImages. It's probably already been posted.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8676/530979683ti.jpg

I didn't realise they played any role of significance, I thought it was for the most part simply "smile, wave, cut the ribbon, send letters of congradulations to people for good stuff they do"... I mean, theyre not officially the monarchy at the mo'. But when they were in Australia they met with some pretty important people! I am really quite suprised! But I hope they achieved their goal of raising interest and funds for Serbia, a nation which I feel gets treated entirely unfairly in the media at times.

Studying

I think that Petar finished his studies and he is now working in London in design bussines. I think that Alexander finished too his studies in USA, but Filip is still studying (Spanish).

His Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II celebrated his 50th birthday with a party in London, at Claridges Hotel.

The party was held on the night of CP Pavlos of Greece and Marie-Chantal wedding day.

1. Crown Prince Alexander II and wife welcomes the Kings of Spain
2. Dukes of Soria with Maria and Alfonso
3. Princes Kyril and Rosario Nadal, Princes of Preslav
4. Infanta Dona Cristina
5. Queen Elizabeth II welcomed by Prince Alexander II

Source: Hola magazine

1. King Juan Carlos greeting Archiduke Simeón of Austria.
2. Kings of Sweden with Crown Princess Victoria
3. Simoneta Gómez-Acebo and husband José Miguel Fernández-Sastrón
4. Prince Víctor Manuel of Saboya and wife Marina Doria and son Prince Emmanuel Filiberto
5. Dukes of Bragança, Don Duarte and wife Dona Isabel Herédia

Source: Hola magazine

Back
Top Bottom