Royal Romanian Orders, Decorations and Medals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scandal in the Royal House: just a month after King Mihai's death, Margareta erased her name
Journalist Marilena Rotaru, specialized in the problems of the Royal House of Romania, shows that just one month after the death of King Mihai, the Custodian of the Crown, Margareta, replaced the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty with the Royal Medal for Loyalty
”Less than a month after King Mihai left for eternity, his daughter deleted his name from the medal established by King Mihai on May 10, 2008."
REGAL DECREE
We, Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown,
By virtue of the powers with which I was invested as Head of the Royal House of Romania,
In view of the Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania of December 30, 2007, as subsequently amended and supplemented,
I decide the following:
Art. 1. On December 30, 2017, the Royal Medal for Loyalty is established, continuing the tradition of the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty, established on May 10, 2008.
Art. 2. The conferment and the port of the Royal Medal for Loyalty take place according to the annexed Regulation, an integral part of this Decree.
Săvârşin, December 30, 2017 ”, is shown in the document made public by journalist Marilena Rotaru.
Scandal în Casa Regală_ la doar o lună de la moartea regelui Mihai, Margareta i-a ȘTERS numele - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri

Scandal in the Royal House: just a month after King Mihai's death, Margareta erased her name
Journalist Marilena Rotaru, specialized in the problems of the Royal House of Romania, shows that just one month after the death of King Mihai, the Custodian of the Crown, Margareta, replaced the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty with the Royal Medal for Loyalty
”Less than a month after King Mihai left for eternity, his daughter deleted his name from the medal established by King Mihai on May 10, 2008."
REGAL DECREE
We, Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown,
By virtue of the powers with which I was invested as Head of the Royal House of Romania,
In view of the Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania of December 30, 2007, as subsequently amended and supplemented,
I decide the following:
Art. 1. On December 30, 2017, the Royal Medal for Loyalty is established, continuing the tradition of the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty, established on May 10, 2008.
Art. 2. The conferment and the port of the Royal Medal for Loyalty take place according to the annexed Regulation, an integral part of this Decree.
Săvârşin, December 30, 2017 ”, is shown in the document made public by journalist Marilena Rotaru.
Scandal în Casa Regală_ la doar o lună de la moartea regelui Mihai, Margareta i-a ȘTERS numele - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri

Seems blindingly obvious to me that when there is a new head of the Royal House, there is often also a new medal for loyalty, sometimes with the name or the portrait of the new head, sometimes with another monogram, or sometimes just neutral with the royal Arms. Happens in lots of Royal Houses.

But it is from Marilena Rotaru, the nail in the coffin of the Romanian royal family. She is making herself completely ridiculous. After all King Michael himself changed the Medal of Loyalty when he did succeed his father. Princess Margareta's precedent to do the same.

Example: in 2013 the crowned B on the Dutch loyalty medal was changed into a crowned W. Really, the most normal situation imagineable. Picture: https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagra...m&ig_cache_key=MjA4MTQ5MTgyNDk5MTg1MTU1MA==.2

Last edited:
Seems blindingly obvious to me that when there is a new head of the Royal House, there is often also a new medal for loyalty, sometimes with the name or the portrait of the new head, sometimes with another monogram, or sometimes just neutral with the royal Arms. Happens in lots of Royal Houses.

Exactly and renaming it the Royal Medal will make it possible to be handed out by the non-reigning Custodian of the Crown what ever her/his name is thereby preventing the supposedly disrespectful name change once one of them passes away

The Order of the Crown of Romania is a chivalric order set up on 14 March 1881 by King Carol I of Romania to commemorate the establishment of the Kingdom of Romania. It was awarded as a state order until the end of the Romanian monarchy in 1947. It was revived on 30 December 2011 as a dynastic order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Crown_(Romania)

Back
Top Bottom