The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
Even if the Monarchy is not restored yet the king's Family wants to maintain the tradition of the Royal decorations. In recent years there were not few public debates about some controversial politicians receiving also royal medals and decorations. The case of the mayor of Bucharest is just an example.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
The Order of the Crown was created by King Carol I of Hohenzollern after the proclamation of the Kingdom.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The Order of the Crown was created by King Carol I of Hohenzollern after the proclamation of the Kingdom.


You mean King Carol I of Romania, Prince of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (a cadet branch of the House of Hohenzollern)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalJewelish View Post
You mean King Carol I of Romania, Prince of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (a cadet branch of the House of Hohenzollern)
Carol I was born a Prince of Hohenzollern Siegmaringen.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Carol I was born a Prince of Hohenzollern Siegmaringen.


That I did mention
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalJewelish View Post
That I did mention
Carol I was very proud of his belonging to that House.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,871
Romanian is a Republic and only the Romanian decorations are important to me.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
The name of this Forum should help us to understand what the debates are all about. This is a Royal Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Birmingham, Canada
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Romanian is a Republic and only the Romanian decorations are important to me.

All current Romanian Orders and Decorations were installed during the Kingdom of Romania, with the exception of one Order.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalJewelish View Post
All current Romanian Orders and Decorations were installed during the Kingdom of Romania, with the exception of one Order.
When the Kingdom will be restored the future King will restore legally all the Orders and Decorations.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:39 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,330
Scandal in the Royal House: just a month after King Mihai's death, Margareta erased her name
Journalist Marilena Rotaru, specialized in the problems of the Royal House of Romania, shows that just one month after the death of King Mihai, the Custodian of the Crown, Margareta, replaced the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty with the Royal Medal for Loyalty
”Less than a month after King Mihai left for eternity, his daughter deleted his name from the medal established by King Mihai on May 10, 2008."
REGAL DECREE
We, Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown,
By virtue of the powers with which I was invested as Head of the Royal House of Romania,
In view of the Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania of December 30, 2007, as subsequently amended and supplemented,
I decide the following:
Art. 1. On December 30, 2017, the Royal Medal for Loyalty is established, continuing the tradition of the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty, established on May 10, 2008.
Art. 2. The conferment and the port of the Royal Medal for Loyalty take place according to the annexed Regulation, an integral part of this Decree.
Săvârşin, December 30, 2017 ”, is shown in the document made public by journalist Marilena Rotaru.
Scandal în Casa Regală_ la doar o lună de la moartea regelui Mihai, Margareta i-a ȘTERS numele - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Scandal in the Royal House: just a month after King Mihai's death, Margareta erased her name
Journalist Marilena Rotaru, specialized in the problems of the Royal House of Romania, shows that just one month after the death of King Mihai, the Custodian of the Crown, Margareta, replaced the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty with the Royal Medal for Loyalty
”Less than a month after King Mihai left for eternity, his daughter deleted his name from the medal established by King Mihai on May 10, 2008."
REGAL DECREE
We, Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown,
By virtue of the powers with which I was invested as Head of the Royal House of Romania,
In view of the Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania of December 30, 2007, as subsequently amended and supplemented,
I decide the following:
Art. 1. On December 30, 2017, the Royal Medal for Loyalty is established, continuing the tradition of the Medal of King Mihai I for Loyalty, established on May 10, 2008.
Art. 2. The conferment and the port of the Royal Medal for Loyalty take place according to the annexed Regulation, an integral part of this Decree.
Săvârşin, December 30, 2017 ”, is shown in the document made public by journalist Marilena Rotaru.
Scandal în Casa Regală_ la doar o lună de la moartea regelui Mihai, Margareta i-a ȘTERS numele - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri
Seems blindingly obvious to me that when there is a new head of the Royal House, there is often also a new medal for loyalty, sometimes with the name or the portrait of the new head, sometimes with another monogram, or sometimes just neutral with the royal Arms. Happens in lots of Royal Houses.

But it is from Marilena Rotaru, the nail in the coffin of the Romanian royal family. She is making herself completely ridiculous. After all King Michael himself changed the Medal of Loyalty when he did succeed his father. Princess Margareta's precedent to do the same.

Example: in 2013 the crowned B on the Dutch loyalty medal was changed into a crowned W. Really, the most normal situation imagineable. Picture: https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram...MTU1MA%3D%3D.2
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:08 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Seems blindingly obvious to me that when there is a new head of the Royal House, there is often also a new medal for loyalty, sometimes with the name or the portrait of the new head, sometimes with another monogram, or sometimes just neutral with the royal Arms. Happens in lots of Royal Houses.
Exactly and renaming it the Royal Medal will make it possible to be handed out by the non-reigning Custodian of the Crown what ever her/his name is thereby preventing the supposedly disrespectful name change once one of them passes away
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
alqasimi althorp aristocracy armenia belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales chittagong clarence house crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch dutch history dutch royal family felipe vi foundation french revolution future genealogy general news germany henry v hill historical drama house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma languages lithuanian castles mail meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history naples nobel 2019 norway official visit palaces palestine prince charles prince harry prince of wales russian imperial family saudi arabia settings spain spanish history spencer family state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tracts united kingdom usa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×