Royal Family of Romania, News & Events Part 2 (Jan 2018 - Current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today Friday, 7 September Princess Maria was on a public visit to Arges County, Curtea de Arges and Topoloveni.

Principesa Maria, vizită la Curtea de Argeș și Topoloveni | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

On Wednesday, 12 September , Princess Maria began a public visit to the Germany. The visit takes place in the Land of North Rhine-Westphalia and in the capital of the country, Berlin.

https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/principesa-maria-vizita-in-germania/

:previous:

Update with more pictures from the visit of Princess Maria in Germany

Principesa Maria a încheiat vizita în Republica Federală Germania | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

On Wednesday, 19 September Princess Maria visited Ploiesti the Bakery School of the Concordia Humanitarian Organization, wich is her Patronage

Principesa Maria la Brutăria Concordia | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

On Friday, 21 September Her Majesty Margareta, Prince Radu and Princess Maria received Dr. Anneli Ute Gabanyi at the Elisabeta Palace, a member of the Royal Council.

Agenda la Palatul Elisabeta, 21 septembrie 2018 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Princess Maria represented Her Majesty Margareta at a new conference titled Good Practices for a Beautiful Old Age, a project of the Princess Margareta Foundation of Romania.
The event took place at the National Theater in Bucharest on the morning of Monday, 1 October

Bune practici pentru o bătrânețe frumoasă | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Maria, the youngest sister of Princess Margareta, is quite active. Possibly the most active member of the Royal House, besides her eldest sister and Radu.

Princess Maria, the youngest sister of Princess Margareta, is quite active. Possibly the most active member of the Royal House, besides her eldest sister and Radu.

That´s not hard. All the other sisters virtually do not do any royal engagements...

Last edited:
A poster of Noblesse et Royautés wrote the Venue of the Queen of Roumania was in the local newspaper on page 18. On this same page they were pictures of a 'choucroute" party with an attendence of 1600 persons.

Of course Maria works for the Royal House, she lives in Romania. At Maria's biography it is told that Margareta asked Maria to move permanently to Romania in fall 2014. And in January 2015 Maria moved to Bucharest. Of course Margareta's plan was, that Maria would work actively for the royal house, when she asked her to move to Romania.
ASR Principesa Maria

Of course Maria works for the Royal House, she lives in Romania. At Maria's biography it is told that Margareta asked Maria to move permanently to Romania in fall 2014. And in January 2015 Maria moved to Bucharest. Of course Margareta's plan was, that Maria would work actively for the royal house, when she asked her to move to Romania.
ASR Principesa Maria

I understand that, and very nice and loyal from Princess Maria indeed. But one would expect Princess Elena and Princess Sophia having a more prominent role.

It is the equivalent of an invisible Charles, Anne and Andrew with Edward as the most active member, after the Queen.

I understand that, and very nice and loyal from Princess Maria indeed. But one would expect Princess Elena and Princess Sophia having a more prominent role.

It is the equivalent of an invisible Charles, Anne and Andrew with Edward as the most active member, after the Queen.

I think this is not comparable. All these british Princes and Anne do have very active roles and do a lot of engagements while "housewifes" (sorry, nothing against housewifes! But this is what comes always first into my mind reading about them) Èlena and Sophia do not. Perhaps if this royal house would be reinstalled and there was more to do, they probably would...?! But, do we really miss seeing E. and S. ...?!

Video of Princess Elena talking about her son; what is she saying here?

This is no recent film but from last year.

Princess Elena was disappointed and worried about the facts concerning her son Nicholas. According the Princess, through his actions of the past days, Nicholas had despised her father's intimacy and dignity.

"We have told Nicholas that the King did not want to see him because of his lack of decent behaviour and lack of moral principles. Even when the King received the news of Nicholas' marriage on August 4th 2017, he was deeply saddened that Nicholas did nothing to clarify his alleged paternity of a child, a little girl of almost two years old. This shows a lack of responsibility.

During the most recent visit to Aubonne, in the month of August, my father had personally confirmed his decision to anullify Nicholas, which was already known to my son. King Michael had issued, in several writings, his motivations to remove the royal title and the position in the Royal House of Romania."

Nicholas' acts of the past days were profoundly wrong, immoral and inhuman. My son has shown contempt towards Romania, towards the people and towards his position as a Prince of the House of Romania. For me, his mother, this aspect is devastating."

Last edited:
This is no recent film but from last year.

Princess Elena was disappointed and worried about the facts concerning her son Nicholas. According the Princess, through his actions of the past days, Nicholas had despised her father's intimacy and dignity.

"We have told Nicholas that the King did not want to see him because of his lack of decent behaviour and lack of moral principles. Even when the King received the news of Nicholas' marriage on August 4th 2017, he was deeply saddened that Nicholas did nothing to clarify his alleged paternity of a child, a little girl of almost two years old. This shows a lack of responsibility.

During the most recent visit to Aubonne, in the month of August, my father had personally confirmed his decision to anullify Nicholas, which was already known to my son. King Michael had issued, in several writings, his motivations to remove the royal title and the position in the Royal House of Romania."

Nicholas' acts of the past days were profoundly wrong, immoral and inhuman. My son has shown contempt towards Romania, towards the people and towards his position as a Prince of the House of Romania. For me, his mother, this aspect is devastating."

She was, at least in parts of this statement, obviously lying....!:ermm::ohmy:

What "acts" are being meant here? Did he kill or rape someone? Did he put poison in his grandfather´s dish? Did he try to throw a nuclear bomb on Romania from an aeroplane...?!
Come on, these so called "statements" are nothing but a farce:whistling:
And I cannot stand people styling themself victims and sinking into selfpity: "Oh, that naughty boy, my heart breaks, how could he? sniff, sniff....!"
This is soooo hypocritical it stinks to heaven! Is this how a mother is behaving? If the Queen of the UK would have reacted to her children´s (and, yes, also Harry´s) antics back in the 1990s, she would not just exlude them out of the Windsor dynasty, but also having them being locked up in the Tower (let alone it would have been under her dignity to issue such a public statement about a family member, no matter how cross she would have been about a person)!

My mother would have told me very clear, what her opinion is about what I would have done wrong and that she was not happy about it. But, of course, she would never had let me down or even exclude me from the family for these kind of reasons, no matter how serious they were. I mean, come on, what´s wrong with these people?! I can only assume she´s under some kind of very bad influence!
Anyway, I´m sure not many of us here would have experienced they same like N did with his mum...

Well, this royal family hasn´t done anything good to themself by their actions. Although there is a majority of 70% for the monarchy, the government has not agreed to a referendum, although there were in the first place plans to think over it. Well, I can somewhat understand these politicians. Could you trust a family so dysfunctional in itself it cannot even solve its own problems, let alone representing a whole country...?!

Last edited:
What is the relationship between Princess Elena and her daughter?

She was, at least in parts of this statement, obviously lying....!:ermm::ohmy:

What "acts" are being meant here? Did he kill or rape someone? Did he put poison in his grandfather´s dish? Did he try to throw a nuclear bomb on Romania from an aeroplane...?!
Come on, these so called "statements" are nothing but a farce:whistling:
And I cannot stand people styling themself victims and sinking into selfpity: "Oh, that naughty boy, my heart breaks, how could he? sniff, sniff....!"
This is soooo hypocritical it stinks to heaven! Is this how a mother is behaving? If the Queen of the UK would have reacted to her children´s (and, yes, also Harry´s) antics back in the 1990s, she would not just exlude them out of the Windsor dynasty, but also having them being locked up in the Tower (let alone it would have been under her dignity to issue such a public statement about a family member, no matter how cross she would have been about a person)!

My mother would have told me very clear, what her opinion is about what I would have done wrong and that she was not happy

Well, this royal family hasn´t done anything good to themself by their actions. Although there is a majority of 70% for the monarchy, the government has not agreed to a referendum, although there were in the first place plans to think over it. Well, I can somewhat understand these politicians. Could you trust a family so dysfunctional in itself it cannot even solve its own problems, let alone representing a whole country...?!

As a Romanian citizen I have to agree with you. In the last 2 years the Romanian Royal Family has 'successfuly' sabotaged themselves in a spectacular manner. If in 2017 there was a real chance to restore the monarchy now even I-a monarchist-have serious doubts about the future of the monarchy in Romania.
I cannot blame king Michael for this. I think Margareta made a huge mistake when she didn't realize that for the sake of the future of the monarchy they should have resolved their problems in the family IN THE FAMILY not in public. She should have given some time to Prince Nicholas to manage his personal problems-if they were real-and present a unified family in front of the public. They should have talked a LOT MORE in private and try to figure out a solution for their problem before going public with it.
I don't think Prince Nicholas is a perfect man but I'm sure that with the guidence of his aunt, mother and close friends he could have emerged successfuly from any problem that he might have had.

As a Romanian citizen I have to agree with you. In the last 2 years the Romanian Royal Family has 'successfuly' sabotaged themselves in a spectacular manner. If in 2017 there was a real chance to restore the monarchy now even I-a monarchist-have serious doubts about the future of the monarchy in Romania.
I cannot blame king Michael for this. I think Margareta made a huge mistake when she didn't realize that for the sake of the future of the monarchy they should have resolved their problems in the family IN THE FAMILY not in public. She should have given some time to Prince Nicholas to manage his personal problems-if they were real-and present a unified family in front of the public. [....]

But it was not Princess Margareta "making a huge mistake". It was in the first place Nicholas himself, then his mother Princess Elena, and then King Michael.

The one who brought it all public was Nicholas when he enforced himself into his grandfather's property, with shouting and physical abuse. This caused an official complaint and became a matter for the Swiss police and public prosecution, with that exposing it to the wide audience.

You say that Nicholas should have been given time, but from the words of his mother Princess Elena I understood he indeed HAD time: when his grandfather King Michael heard about his marriage in August 2017, he was deeply saddened that Nicholas still had not clarified his responsibility, for being an alleged father to an almost two years old (!) daughter.

It was then that King Michael took his hard decision, which was apparently announced to Nicholas on beforehand and confirmed in Aubonne, in the presence of his mother Princess Elena. Note also that Princess Margareta never uttered any word. She kept it, as you wished, indoors. It was Nicholas' himself and his own mother, publicly agreeing with the decision of the King as the You Tube clip showed.

His aunt Princess Margareta, THE one whom invested most in Nicholas as a promise for the future of the Royal House, probably feels the most betrayed. But not she, but the King was in charge, as confirmed by Nicholas' very own mother.

Last edited:

The king's last public appearance was in november 2014. So IMO everything that was declared in his name after that can be put under a question mark.
I meant that the whole exclusion from the succesion and the royal family should have been discussed beforehand in the family with the participation of Nicholas.
They should have made a common statement in case they didn't manage to reach an agreement. The written statement from King Michael was unilateral and very foggy, it came as a shock to the Romanian public.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to idealize Nicholas, I have never met him in person. I have met King Michael, Queen Anne, Princess Margareta and Prince Radu several times. Once I had the honour of spending an hour and chatting with the whole family in their living room in Savarsin castle. I expected more maturity from them. Nicholas is 4 years younger than myself so I can understand if his actions may not be always very mature or very well understood.
In my first post I didn't want to mention Prince Radu because there is a whole conspiracy theory around him-with his past in the Securitate and other more recent events but I might say now that it is possible that Radu is behind all the recent turbulances in the Royal family.
In my eyes he has lost his credibility when he ran for Presidency some years ago.
The thing is that right now I'm mad and frustrated because the Royal Family has set back the cause of monarchy with 20 years. The monarchists are divided between Margareta and Nicholas so the only loosers are we, who had hoped for a monarchical future for Romania.

In my first post I didn't want to mention Prince Radu because there is a whole conspiracy theory around him-with his past in the Securitate and other more recent events but I might say now that it is possible that Radu is behind all the recent turbulances in the Royal family.
In my eyes he has lost his credibility when he ran for Presidency some years ago.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do you suggest that Radu married Margareta only for interest???

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do you suggest that Radu married Margareta only for interest???

This has been suggested by some who knew the royal family in exile - before the revolution of 1989.

Of course, with all things, one should take this with a grain of salt.

However, if one searches the Romanian press, it is not impossible to come across reports that Radu Duda was part of a plan by the Romanian political apparatus to infiltrate the royal family.

I don't think Prince Nicholas is a perfect man but I'm sure that with the guidence of his aunt, mother and close friends he could have emerged successfuly from any problem that he might have had.

Unfortunately, it appears that his uncle by marriage exerts an overwhelming influence on Princess Margareta, which has ultimately worked to the detriment of the Romanian royal family as a whole.

On the occasion of the National Day of Germany, Princess Maria was present at the "German Unity Day" at the invitation of Mr. Cord Meier-Klodt, ambassador of the Germany to Bucharest. The event took place at the Radisson Blu Hotel on Tuesday 2 October

Principesa Maria la Ziua Unității Germane | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

At the invitation of the Concordia humanitarian organization, Princess Maria was present at the annual charity concert. The event was at its fourth edition and took place at the Odeon Theater in Bucharest on Thursday, 4 October.

Concertul anual caritabil Concordia 2018 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Princess Sofia recently visited with his daughter Elisabeta-Maria, Harghita County and the St. Ana's Lake.
In memory of her mother, Queen Ana, Princess Sofia made an album with art photos, representing both this corner in Romania and her own artistic vision

Lacul Sfânta Ana, în viziunea Principesei Sofia | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Princess Maria participated in the celebration of the National Day of Spain on the evening of Friday, 12 October.

Principesa Maria, la Ziua Națională a Spaniei | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the relationship between Princess Elena and her daughter?

We´ll have to wait and see if she gets ousted, too, after she had dared to attend her own brother´s wedding....:bang: :whistling:

Last edited:
Or if her mother attends her eventual wedding.

But it was not Princess Margareta "making a huge mistake". It was in the first place Nicholas himself, then his mother Princess Elena, and then King Michael.

The one who brought it all public was Nicholas when he enforced himself into his grandfather's property, with shouting and physical abuse. This caused an official complaint and became a matter for the Swiss police and public prosecution, with that exposing it to the wide audience.

You say that Nicholas should have been given time, but from the words of his mother Princess Elena I understood he indeed HAD time: when his grandfather King Michael heard about his marriage in August 2017, he was deeply saddened that Nicholas still had not clarified his responsibility, for being an alleged father to an almost two years old (!) daughter.

It was then that King Michael took his hard decision, which was apparently announced to Nicholas on beforehand and confirmed in Aubonne, in the presence of his mother Princess Elena. Note also that Princess Margareta never uttered any word. She kept it, as you wished, indoors. It was Nicholas' himself and his own mother, publicly agreeing with the decision of the King as the You Tube clip showed.

His aunt Princess Margareta, THE one whom invested most in Nicholas as a promise for the future of the Royal House, probably feels the most betrayed. But not she, but the King was in charge, as confirmed by Nicholas' very own mother.

Nicolas hasn´t been married yet in August `17. And if someone could be saddenned or disappointed that N. didn´t clarify his responsiblities (this is at least always being claimed. N. on the other hand says the opposite!) would be Alina-Maria! It is actually none of the RF´s business, other than Nicolas, of which nobody positively knows if he is the father of this child at all, his wife and the mother of the child.

What reason could Margareta have to be feel "betrayed", please?! She could be disappointed, angry as a first impulse. But she could have sat down with her nephew having a serious conversation. And that would be it!

Instead she let all this mess, a mess for Romania and the family in private, happen other than trying to heal rifts, forgive and reconcile. That would have presented her as a wise counsselor and leader as she obviously would like to be seen by the public but what she not is.

Andrew, I agree on every word you said and I can understand you so much! I would also felt let down by this family. And yes, there are two fractions now in the monarchial movement, the one supporting the one side, while the other one supports the other one. And this example once again demonstrates what always happens: Division on a small scale leads to division in larger circumstances....

Last edited:
Nicolas hasn´t been married yet in August `17. And if someone could be saddenned or disappointed that N. didn´t clarify his responsiblities (this is at least always being claimed. N. on the other hand says the opposite!) would be Alina-Maria! It is actually none of the RF´s business, other than Nicolas, of which nobody positively knows if he is the father of this child at all, his wife and the mother of the child.

What reason could Margareta have to be feel "betrayed", please?! She could be disappointed, angry as a first impulse. But she could have sat down with her nephew having a serious conversation. And that would be it!

Instead she let all this mess, a mess for Romania and the family in private, happen other than trying to heal rifts, forgive and reconcile. That would have presented her as a wise counsselor and leader as she obviously would like to be seen by the public but what she not is.

Andrew, I agree on every word you said and I can understand you so much! I would also felt let down by this family. And yes, there are two fractions now in the monarchial movement, the one supporting the one side, while the other one supports the other one. And this example once again demonstrates what always happens: Division on a small scale leads to division in larger circumstances....

Nicholas was not married yet in August 2017 but in the You Tube-clip his mother Princess Elena spoke about her father's sadness when he heard the news of the marriage of Nicholas (the intention to marry Alina) while his grandson had still not clarified his alleged paternity of a (then) almost two years old daughter.

You say that it is actually none of the RF's business, which is of course not true. Nicholas did marry Alina, whether the RF liked it or not, but as head of the Royal House of course it was very much King Michael's business what a prince and dynast of his House was doing.

Then you direct a poisonous arrow to Princess Margareta, as if she is the responsible one. There are three people responsible: Nicholas himself, for giving cause. His mother Princess Elena (the future Head of the Royal House) who rücksichtlos eliminated her own son. His grandfather King Michael for his decisions which were reportedly announced to Nicholas on beforehand and were confirmed in person in Aubonne.

When Princess Margareta became Head of the Royal House, all this already happened. And as I stated in my previous post: has the Princess ever said any word about it in public? Can she be blamed for hanging out the family's dirty laundry? No. It were Nicholas himself and his mother (see the You Tube-clip) going public.

Actually, in this stony silence of Princess Margareta I see an opening for Nicholas. When he clarifies his position regarding the child, for once and for all, when he makes his profound excuse for the intrusion and upset in Aubonne, I can see his aunt giving him a chance. But of course Princess Margareta has to deal with her sister, Nicholas' mother, who seems very bitter about her son. Give Princess Magrareta some credit. She has to walk on a tight rope to beware peace in her tumultuous family.

Last edited:
Why Margareta asked Maria to move permanently to Romania in the autumn 2014? And Maria moved in January 2015. The royal house didn't need Maria. Margareta and Radu had managed to represent just the two of them when king Mihai and queen Ana were hardly seen. Nicolae had already worked for many years for the royal house, was living in Romania and spoke romanian. And Nicolae became more and more liked all the time and worked more and more. There was no need for Maria to move to Romania and start to work for the royal house, unless Radu and Margareta had already then in autumn 2014 started to plan the abolishment of Nicolae from the royal family. Margareta and Radu got Maria accustomed to represent the royal house, and then it was time for Nicolae to go.

Last edited:
Nicholas was not married yet in August 2017 but in the You Tube-clip his mother Princess Elena spoke about her father's sadness when he heard the news of the marriage of Nicholas (the intention to marry Alina) while his grandson had still not clarified his alleged paternity of a (then) almost two years old daughter.

You say that it is actually none of the RF's business, which is of course not true. Nicholas did marry Alina, whether the RF liked it or not, but as head of the Royal House of course it was very much King Michael's business what a prince and dynast of his House was doing.

Then you direct a poisonous arrow to Princess Margareta, as if she is the responsible one. There are three people responsible: Nicholas himself, for giving cause. His mother Princess Elena (the future Head of the Royal House) who rücksichtlos eliminated her own son. His grandfather King Michael for his decisions which were reportedly announced to Nicholas on beforehand and were confirmed in person in Aubonne.

When Princess Margareta became Head of the Royal House, all this already happened. And as I stated in my previous post: has the Princess ever said any word about it in public? Can she be blamed for hanging out the family's dirty laundry? No. It were Nicholas himself and his mother (see the You Tube-clip) going public.

Actually, in this stony silence of Princess Margareta I see an opening for Nicholas. When he clarifies his position regarding the child, for once and for all, when he makes his profound excuse for the intrusion and upset in Aubonne, I can see his aunt giving him a chance. But of course Princess Margareta has to deal with her sister, Nicholas' mother, who seems very bitter about her son. Give Princess Magrareta some credit. She has to walk on a tight rope to beware peace in her tumultuous family.

Margaretas (and the Rest of the RF`s) behaviour at the late King´s funeral towards N. and his new wife (virtually ignoring them) was appaulling, embarrassing and a shame! To treat a family member like this for these reasons at such a sad and delicate event was hurtful and saddening to watch!!! At this point I completely lost my respect for them although I had a special fascination for this family because of their unique position among other "exiled" RF´s.

Well, as an adult man of 30 something Nicolas should really think very hard, if HE should give his family another chance after all what they did to him.
If I was in his position I would never ever allow anyone to treat me like this for my very OWN personal problems and then to "welcome" me back into the brood after I was generously considered "a good boy" again...

Obviously this particular RF is not only behaving childish themselves, they also treat others like they´ve been naughty little kids...!

Last edited:
All Royal Houses have more representants. As King Michael and Queen Anne remained in Switzerland, only young Nicholas was available and more and more a symbiosis with his aunt Princess Margareta. Even to such extent one could easily forget this was not mother and son.

Seeing the unbelievable transformation of the Royal House: out of obscurity into practically a functioning monarchy but in name, I can see why Princess Maria (who seems to love public events) has got a role as well.

Princess Margareta is the last one to win anything by ousting her nephew, in which she has invested so much, more than any other member of the royal family. It is not productive to blame this or that. To the left and to the right, it is Princess Margareta who can rehabilitate Nicholas.

And she has to walk on a tight rope, as her successor - Nicholas' mother - is the first one to allow attempts of reconciliation. As we all know in every family, aunts better keep aside in feuds betweem mom and son, and let them sort it out first.

Nicholas simply has to take away the objections of his grandfather, show a spotless route by getting rid of monarchists with an own agenda and publicly support his aunt. I can see a reconciliation coming but the former Number Three and the current Number One in the succession (son and mom) have to be united again before Princess Margareta can act.

Last edited:
Margaretas (and the Rest of the RF`s) behaviour at the late King´s funeral towards N. and his new wife was appaulling, emberrassing and a shame! To treat a family member like this for these reasons at such a sad and delicate event was hurtful and saddening to watch!!! At this point I completely lost my respect for them although I had a special fascination for this family because of their unique position among other "exiled" RF´s.

Well, as an adult man of 30 something Nicolas should really think very hard, if HE should give his family another chance after all what they did to him.
If I was in his position I would never ever allow anyone to treat me like this for my very OWN personal problems and then to "welcome" me back into the brood after I was generously considered "a good boy" again...

Obviously this particular RF is not only behaving childish themselves, they also treat others like they´ve been naughty little kids...!

I have not seen "appaling" behaviour of Princess Margareta. On the contrary. I saw a grief stricken lady, with a very poised behaviour and we could see Nicholas in her presence during the run-up to and at the funeral. We all could see excellent behaviour of both Princess Margareta and Nicholas.

Last edited:
I have not seen "appaling" behaviour of Princess Margareta. On the contrary. I saw a grief stricken lady, with a very poised behaviour and we could see Nicholas in her presence during the run-up to and at the funeral. We all could see excellent behaviour of both Princess Margareta and Nicholas.

Yes, her behaviour on the surface she was poised and excellent behaved...
Ignoring someone you know from his/ her birth onwards as if this person was just not present is a very aggressive act, perhaps even worse than slapping him in the face - and yes, appalling indeed!

Nice to see Princess Maria in Spain. Via her Bourbon-Parma mother she has lots of Iberian ancestors.

Back
Top Bottom