Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The conclusion is obvious: after removing three of the grandchildren from the list of the main members of the Family the King is lonelier..

I can't recall that in the past, before he took measures to alter the line of succession (or as you call it "the list of the main members of the family"), many other of his relatives around him, at least not in the pictures published by the Royal Family. Of course most times there was Nicholas, but this was just after he was created Prince of Romania.
What about the chance that he isn't that lonely and abandones by this grandchildren and relatives, but just that they visit him in private, without much publicity and published pictures?

Maybe that happens to have private visits without publicity but perhaps we should at this moment at least to show that the Romanian royal family is united and the king not abandoned.

The conclusion is obvious: after removing three of the grandchildren from the list of the main members of the Family the King is lonelier..

I'm sorry but I find this kind of mean-hearted speculation inflammatory and unnecessary.

Two of the King's daughters went from Romania to Switzerland to visit him. Neither of these two daughters has children. They had a photo taken with their father. The King's other daughters (living in France, the UK and the US) were not there. These are facts. The rest is uncharitable interpretation that a tabloid would be proud of.

Maybe that happens to have private visits without publicity but perhaps we should at this moment at least to show that the Romanian royal family is united and the king not abandoned.

Well, whatever "united" means under these circumstances!:whistling:

I'm sorry but I find this kind of mean-hearted speculation inflammatory and unnecessary.

Two of the King's daughters went from Romania to Switzerland to visit him. Neither of these two daughters has children. They had a photo taken with their father. The King's other daughters (living in France, the UK and the US) were not there. These are facts. The rest is uncharitable interpretation that a tabloid would be proud of.

Former Princess Irina was stripped of her titles and her children had the same fate. Princess Elena's son was treated as he was treated quite recently. Princess Sofia's daughter must not be very happy about te way her maternal family considered her own father. So where is the "tabloid stuff"? Just facts!

I can't recall that in the past, before he took measures to alter the line of succession (or as you call it "the list of the main members of the family"), many other of his relatives around him, at least not in the pictures published by the Royal Family. Of course most times there was Nicholas, but this was just after he was created Prince of Romania.
What about the chance that he isn't that lonely and abandones by this grandchildren and relatives, but just that they visit him in private, without much publicity and published pictures?

Let's hope you are right.

Former Princess Irina was stripped of her titles and her children had the same fate. Princess Elena's son was treated as he was treated quite recently. Princess Sofia's daughter must not be very happy about te way her maternal family considered her own father. So where is the "tabloid stuff"? Just facts!

The removal of Irina Walker was inevitable given the criminal charges that were brought against her in the United States. Her children have no contact with their maternal relatives, so they likely could not care less about their exclusion from the line of succession.

Alain Biarneix is a fraud who posed as a fake Habsburg before adopting his current styling of "Printul Michel de Laufenburg." He is an entirely different matter.

Only the removal of Prince Nicholas beggars belief...unless you consider who is probably responsible for it.

It is quite interesting how the majority of the King's grandchildren were put aside from the "Line of Succession". Who is responsible? It is quite obvious I presume.

The tabloid stuff is drawing a highly loaded conclusion from a photograph, an interpretation which fits an agenda. Why suggest on the basis of this photo, that the King is "lonelier" and that the family is at a "sad end"? The King has five daughters who live around the globe. Two of them - those who do not have children - went to visit him and a photo was taken. It is quite normal that the grandchildren aren't there. It is quite normal for some siblings to visit parents without others being present.

There are obviously issues within the family - as there are in many - but removing someone from a line of succession to a defunct throne is not the same as disowning him or her. The King and Nicholas made that quite clear in their statements following the events of August.

Of course, those who wish to promote the German Hohenzollerns as heirs have every interest in portraying the Romanian Royal Family as unfit...

All those that respect the Constitution of 1923 and do not accept that Constitution was abrogated illegally support the Line of Succession of the Hohenzollerns. King Michael swore to respect that Constitution and he did so until recently.

Just a few days about the publicized (and critiized by some) visit of Crown Princess Margarita and Princess Maria to King Michael, two days ago also their sister Princess Sofia visited her father.
Marlene Koenig published a picture of the King taken by Princess Sofia on that occasion:
Royal Musings: A wonderful new photo of King Michael

The Princesses must be mostly worried of the poor health of the Queen.

The presence of the three Princesses recently in Aubonne could be a sign the health of the Queen is not emproving greatly.

The King will be 94 on the 25th of October but he won't come to his country probably because of the fragile health of the Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures that were taken of Princess Sophie with her father the King, and posted only yesterday, are now no longer available on the Facebook account for her photographic work.

There were different events that brought some of the royalists to be dissapointed of the King 's Family or even not to support this Family anymore: the marriage of the King's eldest daughter with a Romanian actor in 1996, the reconciliation of the King with the post-communist leader Iliescu, the announcement of the King's son in law he wanted to be president of the republic, the document signed of the King in 2007 containing things contrary to the Constitution of 1923, medals given to controversial politicians, the changing of the Line of Succession proposed by the same King putting out of this Line the two grandsons of the King and his American grandaughter. No wonder the King is still popular but less and less royalists support his descendants for the Throne.

Who is more 'popular' in Romania as a whole: Princess Margareta or Karl, Prince of Hohenzollern? I suppose the answer is obvious.

Princess Margareta is respected by what she did with her Foundation. The majority of the population does not support her as a future or possible Head of State.
The critics to the King's Family started in 1996 and in a way or another these critics were always linked with the influence of Princess Margareta's husband on the King's Family.

The majority of the population does not support any member of any royal family as head of state because the majority of the population is in favour of retaining a republic..but that wasn't the question.

Your comment about Princess Margareta's husband and his real or perceived influence is equally irrelevant.

Thanks for answering the question (between the words and the lines, anyway)

I was not speaking about MY opinion about the husband of the Princess but about the quite general perception of many Romanians.
It is obvious the descendants of King Mihai have no support as possible future Monarchs.

But when there was Nicolae imagine there more support from now.

The only descendant of the King that could bring more support to the Family was young Nicholas but the Family decided otherwise.

Both royal ladies fantastic. Very,very elegant. And congratulations the artist of the painting. Perfect.

I was not speaking about MY opinion about the husband of the Princess but about the quite general perception of many Romanians.
It is obvious the descendants of King Mihai have no support as possible future Monarchs.

But my question didn't ask about how popular Radu is; you inserted a comment about it because instead of answering a question, you wanted to write (again) what you believe.

Such sweeping statements as "no support" - especially when you yourself informed us previously that Princess Margareta is the preferred candidate of the largest monarchist association in Romania - add no credibility to any of your observations, I'm afraid. I'm more and more arriving at the conclusion that the comments you post are a never-ending, ever-changing search for justification to fit an agenda.

Princess Margareta has at least for the moment the support of ANRM but thus does not mean she has the support of the majority of the royalists.
The only agenda I am really interested is the restoration of Monarchy and that agenda has nothing to do with the descendants of the nowadays King.

I can't agree with many decisions taken by the King's Family after 1996 and many share my views. Is it forbidden to disagree with this Family? We are not in communism anymore and King Mihai is not Louis XIV.
The restoration of Monarchy is fundamental for the future of the country.

We shall see who accepts the Crown from the traditional Line.

The Princes of Hohenzollern do not speak Romanian and do not live in the country but they belong to the Dynasty that was established in 1866.
I am interested only in the campaign for the Monarchy and I am certainly not in any campaign against the King-s Family.

There is also a Message of the President of the Red Cross, Princess Margareta.

Princess Margareta has at least for the moment the support of ANRM but thus does not mean she has the support of the majority of the royalists.
The only agenda I am really interested is the restoration of Monarchy and that agenda has nothing to do with the descendants of the nowadays King.

Unfortunately, you seem to have drawn the conclusion that the best way to pursue such an agenda involves a constant attack on King Michael (his decisions), his descendants and his son-in-law as they are an obstacle/a threat to the promotion of the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen line. Until the King's family have been totally discredited, there is no chance of establishing the candidacy of the Hohenzollern-Signmaringens.

I understand that negative 'campaigning' is the only option available because the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen family have no involvement in Romania whatsoever, so there's nothing to promote positively.

Personally, I feel that such a strategy decreases the already slim chances of there ever being a restoration of monarchy in Romania.

I can't agree with many decisions taken by the King's Family after 1996 and many share my views. Is it forbidden to disagree with this Family? We are not in communism anymore and King Mihai is not Louis XIV.
The restoration of Monarchy is fundamental for the future of the country.

It's got nothing to do with freedom of speech but a lot to do with respect and logic. From what I've understood, your fundamental position is based on the 1923 Constitution, and the succession rules laid down in it. This means that whatever the King's decisions - good or bad - his family should be irrelevant to your point of view. Even if Princess Margareta or Nicholas were the most perfect individuals, married to perfect partners, they would still be ineligible according to supporters of the 1923 Constitution.

This beggars the question why spend so much time and energy passing judgement on/criticising the actions of the King and his family? One can imagine many answers.

One can not ignore the 1923 Constitution. Michael von Hohenzollern was "King of Romania" exactly because of that document. His whole existence as former head of state of Romania, the current arrangements between the State of Romania and the former King are exactly because he once was head of state under that Constitution.

What differentiates Michael von Hohenzollern from a Mr X or a Mr Y is exactly that 1923 Constitution. Every one-sided change to the constitutional rules is undermining King Michael's own existence as "former King". If that Constitution is just handled like a piece of paper to wipe someone's derrière with, that is pretty telling about such a person "maintaining the Constitution".

In my opinion, when a monarchy is defunct, then the rules concerning it are frozen. It is really not that difficult. Elizabeth Windsor is Queen according to the very same rules which made her ancestor Victoria Queen. Georg Friedrich von Hohenzollern is head of the former Royal House of Prussia. Karl von Habsburg is head of the former Imperial House of Austria. Both according to the same rules which made that their ancestors Wilhelm II respectively Karl I Emperors. The idea that we should pity them there in Romania or Savoia because the rules are frozen are pretty subjective as we all accept that Carl XVI Gustaf is King while he is the youngest of 5 children, just because his House obeyed the rules which already were followed by the predecessors of the Bernadottes on the Swedish throne.

When defunct Royal Houses start to fiddle with the rules and make their own fantasy arrangements with all chaotic consequences (Romania!), purely to the whim of one person and not backed by any legislative base or body, then this is the best recipe fragmentating and disappearing in obscurity.

The best solution in Romania would be mixing the two conflicting wishes: King Michael's desire to see his flesh and blood at the head of his House vs the arrangements in the very same document he claims his whole existence as King on. Mixing this means: a marriage of Prince Alexander von Hohenzollern with Karina Medforth-Mills or Elisabeth Biarneix. Then both "factions" can be happy.

H.M the King of the Romanians is recognized as a former King regardless of whether a constitution from 100 years ago is active or not. That is the prerogative of former rulers. Furthermore, the Romanian Royal Family is recognized as just that, the family of the King and the representation of the crown in Romania.

I really never knew how much energy was spent by those wanting to restore a monarchy, to discredit those who represent the institution, until I saw these forums. It makes me realize why it's such an uphill battle to change systems of government, when most of the general population does not care or have enough knowledge to make an informed decision if faced with the choice.

I know that I speak the monarchy up in positive terms, at every opportunity I can, and that most people are receptive and interested, when given information they can process however they wish. I also know that whether the Habsburgs or the Karadjordevic would claim the Serbian throne, the Karadjordevic or the Petrovic would claim the Montenegrin throne, the Hohenzollerns or the Romanian Royal Family would claim the Romanian throne, what most people out there care about, is what is realistic. Who do they know, who can they learn to care about, who do they bond with. A monarchy will not be restored in the 21st century unless an emotional and practical bond is made between the pretender and the country.

I know that whomever the Romanian government decide to hand the task to, to form the basis of a future Romanian monarchy, I will support, because I believe in the cause of monarchy.

I guess the most interesting question to those who seem determined to advocate specific causes and undermine others, would be: Will you support the monarchy being restored, despite the monarch not being whom you would had preferred?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom