Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is a pity but i imagine this is happen for the health reasons.

The royal family informs of their work events in September at their website:
2th September, Crown princess Margarita attends at the meeting of the Steering Committee of the Red Cross.
4th September, at the Elisabeta Palace will be celebrated Nobel Prize winner Stefan Hell. He will receive the Order of the Crown in the rank of Commander. Crown princess Margarita and Prince Radu will host a dinner in honor of Hell.
11th September, the Royal family attends at the International Festival of First Aid - Annual Gala of the Romanian Red Cross Society.
11th-12th September, Princess Astrid and prince Lorenz visit Romania, in Bucharest and Sinaia.
15th September, Crown princess Margarita unveils on behalf of King Michael, plaque engraved with the conclusion restoration of the Royal Castle Săvârşin.
18th September, the Royal family celebrates privately the 92th birthday of her Majesty Queen Anne.
28th-30th September, prince Radu visits the Republic of Moldova.
Familia Regală reia activitățile publice, în luna septembrie _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

The royal family informs of their work events in September at their website:
2th September, Crown princess Margarita attends at the meeting of the Steering Committee of the Red Cross.
4th September, at the Elisabeta Palace will be celebrated Nobel Prize winner Stefan Hell. He will receive the Order of the Crown in the rank of Commander. Crown princess Margarita and Prince Radu will host a dinner in honor of Hell.
11th September, the Royal family attends at the International Festival of First Aid - Annual Gala of the Romanian Red Cross Society.
11th-12th September, Princess Astrid and prince Lorenz visit Romania, in Bucharest and Sinaia.
15th September, Crown princess Margarita unveils on behalf of King Michael, plaque engraved with the conclusion restoration of the Royal Castle Săvârşin.
18th September, the Royal family celebrates privately the 92th birthday of her Majesty Queen Anne.
28th-30th September, prince Radu visits the Republic of Moldova.
Familia Regală reia activitățile publice, în luna septembrie _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

11-12 Visit of Astrid and Lorenz? Interested .
28-30 Radu alone once a foreign visit.
As for other life and monarchy goes :whistling:

The problem is that Radu does not only one but several visits alone . The others consorts just i don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also other princely consorts make individual foreign visits. See Mary of Denmark, Mette-Marit of Norway, etc. So why can Radu not make a visit on his own? No problem with that.

Also other princely consorts make individual foreign visits. See Mary of Denmark, Mette-Marit of Norway, etc. So why can Radu not make a visit on his own? No problem with that.

Yes, but in other countries the crown princes/crown princess do solo visits abroad often too. Crown princess Margarita doesn't do solo visits abroad at all.
In April prince Radu made an official visit to Turkmenistan.
In May prince Radu made an official visit to Sweden.
On Easter Margarita attended with Radu at feast of the Resurrection in Chisinau, in Moldova. And Margarita attended with Radu at crown prince Alexander's 70th birthday party in Serbia. But no solo visits abroad.

Last edited:
Sad but for the moment soooo true.

Prince Lorenz of Belgium visits Romania on 11-12th September. He will be the guest of crown princess Margarita and prince Radu at the Elisabeta Palace and Peleș, Castle.

Friday, 11 September, their royal highnesses will take part at 19.30 at the Annual Gala of the national Red Cross Society, as well as the opening of the first International Festival of First Aid in Romania in Bucharest.
Saturday, 12 September, during the morning, Prince Lorenz will plant a tree, which will bear his name in the garden of the Memorial trees at the garden of the Elisabeta Palace.
During the same day, at 19, Prince Lorenz receives from crown princess Margarita on behalf of His Majesty King Michael I the Order of the Crown in the grade of Grand Cross in a ceremony to be held in the Hall of Honor of the Peleș Castle. After the ceremony, Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu host a dinner in honor of the high guest at the Peleș Castle. Princess Maria will be present at the events.
Vizită regală belgiană în România _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

:previous:

According to the article, Princess Astrid won't be there because of a medical condition.

On Saturday, September 12, crown princess Margarita delivered the Order of the Crown Grand Cross to Prince Lorenz of Belgium at the Hall of Honor in Peleș Castle.
The high guest was awarded by his Majesty for the contribution of twenty years to the development of Romania, for the attachment of the front of the values and principles of the Crown and for the affection he has revealed, so many times, in public circumstances, in relation to our country. The decoration was conferred on the eve of his 60th birthday.
Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu hosted a dinner in honor of Prince Lorenz. Princess Maria attended at the order ceremony and at the dinner.
Belgian Royal guest spent two days at Sinaia, where he visited the town, he reviewed the Royal domain and met some of the employees of the Romanian Royal family. Prince Lorenz is also a member of the Royal Council.
Seară la Castelul Regal Peleș, 12 septembrie 2015 _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Lorenz a member of the Royal Council - the same council, in which meeting the decision of taking the HRH and title from Nicholas was made?

What a wonderful ceremony and I am impressed by the splendour. The Castelul Regal Peleș really is on my to-do-list.

[....]
Prince Lorenz a member of the Royal Council - the same council, in which meeting the decision of taking the HRH and title from Nicholas was made?

I can not imagine that a foreign royal and member of a reigning royal family has anything to say in Romanian matters. Being a member of the Royal Council on itself does not reveal how far the influence of the Archduke is. In the end it is King Michael taking the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly an attempt to show the RF has returned to normal... Don't understand why the King couldn't have attended this event himself

It's a little difficult for the king to also participate in such events as stays permanently in Switzerland.

I can not imagine that a foreign royal and member of a reigning royal family has anything to say in Romanian matters. Being a member of the Royal Council on itself does not reveal how far the influence of the Archduke is. In the end it is King Michael taking the decision.

When the advisor of the Royal Family, Ioan Luca Vlad gave interviews about Nicholas losing his title, he said about the Royal Council:
But the Royal Council makes only some suggestions, the King is the one who takes the decision.
How many members are at the Council Regal and who are they?
Royal Council consists of 8 people, but is a confidential matter, a working tool for the King. Both Mihnea Constantinescu, and I, Princess Margarita and Prince Radu are members of the Royal Council.
How does one get to the Royal Council?
Strictly by appointment by the King of some people who have worked for a long time together with his Majesty, in particular at the level of personal advice, and there are people from all socio-professional categories, the people with massive experience in particular towards the end of career, who may give a wise advice. I am an exception.
FOTO Ziua excluderii Principelui Nicolae. Cine au fost sfatuitorii Regelui Mihai si ce cauta acolo Mihnea Constantinescu, fost consilier pe langa patru premieri - Esential - HotNews.ro
Translation

Who makes the proposals for this "Council"?

The Royal Family's plans for 2016, for the 150th anniversary of King Carol I arriving to Romania. Among other things, the Garden Party will be even more bigger with a gala concert in the open air.
Casa Regală la 150 de ani
Translation

Commemorating the arrival of the first Hohenzollern without inviting the Hohenzollerns?

I agree with Cory. It is a wonderful opportunity at this event to attend and have the right to be there and Prince Κarl with his family. Eventually I hope to invite them.

I agree. I hope we will see Fürst and the Fürstin as well their children Erbprinz Alexander, Princess Philippa, Princess Flaminia and Princess Antonia amongs the guests.

Picture: Fürst Karl-Friedrich and his son Erbprinz Alexander (Seeger Press Agency)

:flowers:

Last edited:
No grandchildren around the King.

Well, also his sons-in-law weren't aroud him, and also three of his daughters weren't. What conclusions should we draw from this?

The conclusion is obvious: after removing three of the grandchildren from the list of the main members of the Family the King is lonelier..

The conclusion is obvious: after removing three of the grandchildren from the list of the main members of the Family the King is lonelier..

Yes, and prince Radu was at an official visit in Moldova when the sisters were visiting their parents. Hadn't he been in Moldova, I would think that he would have been in Switzerland too.

Sad end of reign for this Family indeed.

Just a simple visit or the timing missing Radu on trip means something?

Just a simple visit or the timing missing Radu on trip means something?

I think that Margarita and Maria went to Switzerland because they had a few days off, no official events at the calendar. And like I said, if Radu hadn't been in Moldova, he would have went to Switzerland too. We have seen every year photos of Margarita and Radu visiting Margarita's parents in Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom